What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The GG Appreciation Thread. The Savior of the PSF (1 Viewer)

HellToupee

Footballguy
This thread is a testament of my appreciation for GG. The PSF has been sinking for sometime and now the latest obsession with 6 January is suffocating the life out of the forum. GG’s wisdom & swagger has been the only interesting and informative thing here. I don’t always agree with him but appreciate his  well researched and detailed posts. Never disappoints and they are a treat to devour.

You may not agree with him but he’s breathed much needed life into the PSF

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is a testament of my appreciation for GG. The PSF has been sinking for sometime and now the latest obsession with 6 January is suffocating the life out of the forum. GG’s wisdom & swagger has been the only interesting and informative thing here. I don’t always agree with him but appreciate his  well researched and detailed posts. Never disappoints and they are a treat to devour.

You may not agree with him but he’s breathed much needed life into the PSF
Agreed however he could maybe reduce the word count.  I mean man, some of his posts are just too much

Agreed however he could maybe reduce the word count.  I mean man, some of his posts are just too much
Some of his posts can be challenging and some are intimidated by a post that needs your undivided attention . I know that isn’t you but it describes many here

Some of his posts can be challenging and some are intimidated by a post that needs your undivided attention . I know that isn’t you but it describes many here
Challenging in that it takes him 12,000 words to say 'liberals bad.' If he disposed of the deflection, snark and condescension, he could probably get them down to a semi-readable 6,000 words, which would be helpful for those of us that would appreciate his insight without the insults. 

Challenging in that it takes him 12,000 words to say 'liberals bad.' If he disposed of the deflection, snark and condescension, he could probably get them down to a semi-readable 6,000 words, which would be helpful for those of us that would appreciate his insight without the insults. 
More like a 7th grader reading The Odyssey Vs Johnny Tremain

Totally agree. A lot of negativity he gets manifests itself around the issue of him proving people are either flat out wrong of misguided on some issues. He brings the goods 

GG is a tough opponent here as he goes so in depth with facts and evidence that the usual suspects won`t get into the ring with him

Agreed completely.  Also he’s made good points but the chicken little hyperbole dial could be turned way down, not every discussion point he disagrees with needs to turn into our children starving.  

Well deserved…..he provides the well thought out arguments of those of us in the minority here and I’ve yet to see one successfully disputed. Probably the best poster on the whole forum if we are being honest and unbiased. 

I am definitely not buying that some of his fanboy true believers in this thread read all the way through his posts, either. Who has the time?
I read all his material in threads that interest me.  His material is spot on and very insightful   

I picture GG as the “stay thirsty my friends” Dos Equis guy when I see his stuff. 

I read all his material in threads that interest me.  His material is spot on and very insightful   

I picture GG as the “stay thirsty my friends” Dos Equis guy when I see his stuff. 
Ironically,  that's how I picture you, except crossed with the Marlboro man right after he gets bucked off a wild stallion.

Meh. He has some valid points, but hard to ferret them out of his dystopian rants. Also tends to disappear when factually challenged, particularly on subjects out of his political/legal comfort zone.
You must have him confused for somebody else. That has never been the case.

The only ones that disappear are the ones being targeted by GG. I especially love the crew that demands links and details and when they get them they run and hide. :lol:

You must have him confused for somebody else. That has never been the case.

The only ones that disappear are the ones being targeted by GG. I especially love the crew that demands links and details and when they get them they run and hide. :lol:
It’s happened multiple times when he’s attempted to discuss scientific topics, areas where objective data exists. And I wouldn’t confuse ignoring a YouTube video with running and hiding.

Meh. He has some valid points, but hard to ferret them out of his dystopian rants. Also tends to disappear when factually challenged, particularly on subjects out of his political/legal comfort zone.

Yep, another great point. The far Left here has always asked for someone to debate them, yet they can’t stand up to him and his well laid out facts and arguments then make excuses why they can’t respond to him. Speaks volumes. 

Term is correct.  Often when GG is debated he changes the subject he shrinks away from the challenge and shifts subject.  This kind of surprises me given the effort he puts into his original posts.

Term is correct.  Often when GG is debated he changes the subject he shrinks away from the challenge and shifts subject.  This kind of surprises me given the effort he puts into his original posts.
I think those claiming that make many excuses to hide from him, avoiding the embarrassment he puts them through honestly. 

I think those claiming that make many excuses to hide from him, avoiding the embarrassment he puts them through honestly. 

There's no point in engaging him because he changes subjects and won't address their responses.  For example he'll claim gold is undervalued and someone will counter that it's overvalued.  His response will be that about someone saying pork bellies were overvalues 10 years ago.

I am definitely not buying that some of his fanboy true believers in this thread read all the way through his posts, either. Who has the time?

The awesome part is he's able to post thousands of words daily in this forum alone, backed by hours of video, all while running successful businesses with thousands of employees and travelling between residences in multiple states. We know his account was active here at least 15 or so years ago, but all that posting history has been wiped, leaving only a couple years, with much of what remains having been edited to remove all content. The forum usually frowns on alias accounts and this type of subterfuge, but is protecting this particular poster for some reason. Its an odd way to entertain oneself but I have enjoyed the show at times over the years so here's to you GG you crazy amazing nutcase!

Users who are viewing this thread