What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Liberals of the PSF - tell us a little about yourselves (2 Viewers)

What type of community do you live in, and how many minorities have been in your house this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This feels really odd and uncomfortable. Not sure why anyone would put it this way.
The focus on it is super weird no doubt.

I like @ekbeats but the last month or so he’s been hyper partisan, not sure whats/why it changed

Agreed a lot on the last part. Ek, Shula, Ivan and Yankee are a few people I rarely agree with, but would always read their posts and even question my view on things after reading their thoughts.

Also, what if you live in a well to-do area that also has plenty of minorities? Cause that's how I'd describe my area. Odd you didn't consider that for an option in your poll.

ETA: My zip code is 30% minority with an average income North of $150K annually. And I'm certain that there are zip codes with even more minorities and higher income than mine.

Sorry guys - the new software doesn't allow for multiple questions. Also, once a poll is posted the answer options can't be changed. So yes, it's flawed. I'd nuke it but I can't.

It's good to see the degree of interaction with minorities. (y)

This feels really odd and uncomfortable. Not sure why anyone would put it this way.
Obviously it’s an uncomfortable topic. i’m trying to discern the extent to which liberals live in the communities that they advocate for. Once again, uncomfortable, but valid nonetheless. Don’t you find it a bit ironic that the liberals in Martha’s Vineyard weren’t able to take on 50 immigrants for more than two days?

Also, what if you live in a well to-do area that also has plenty of minorities? Cause that's how I'd describe my area. Odd you didn't consider that for an option in your poll.

ETA: My zip code is 30% minority with an average income North of $150K annually. And I'm certain that there are zip codes with even more minorities and higher income than mine.
Where do you live exactly?

I like @ekbeats but the last month or so he’s been hyper partisan, not sure whats/why it changed
I like you too Dpk. 😆 I haven’t changed, at least I don’t think I have. I think I explained it earlier, the new software only allows for a few choices on polls. Believe me, I didn’t like having to create the dichotomy that was so black and white. I probably should’ve explained it better in the opening post. I wish I could nuke this thread, but I can’t.

I also love @krista4, and seeing her "like" opinions here has me reflecting on things. Not happy at all about this thread - came off a lot worse than I intended. Wish I could nuke it.

I was disturbed in particular by the implication that "minority" means "dangerous area" and vice versa. You are a terrific person who is better than this thread. Thank you for the kind words. I've had my "off" days here, too, some of which you might have witnessed!

I do think your posts and threads recently have been really different from where you usually are. I know you've been dealing with a BFF and a relative (I think your brother but now am questioning if I got that right) who have been very sick. That sort of thing can have a huge effect, even if we don't realize it.

Sending all my best to you, my friend,

Agreed a lot on the last part. Ek, Shula, Ivan and Yankee are a few people I rarely agree with, but would always read their posts and even question my view on things after reading their thoughts.
All good posters I agree.

I also love @krista4, and seeing her "like" opinions here has me reflecting on things. Not happy at all about this thread - came off a lot worse than I intended. Wish I could nuke it.

I was disturbed in particular by the implication that "minority" means "dangerous area" and vice versa. You are a terrific person who is better than this thread. Thank you for the kind words. I've had my "off" days here, too, some of which you might have witnessed!

I do think your posts and threads recently have been really different from where you usually are.
I know you've been dealing with a BFF and a relative (I think your brother but now am questioning if I got that right) who have been very sick. That sort of thing can have a huge effect, even if we don't realize it.

Yup -- noticed this too --

Obviously it’s an uncomfortable topic. i’m trying to discern the extent to which liberals live in the communities that they advocate for.
I'm pretty confident that any community where the residents have income security will be relatively well off and crime rates relatively low. You know rising tides and such.

Where is the supporting evidence for these allegations that ekbeats is a smart, decent person? I see a lot of vitriol and misrepresentation of facts and presenting himself as a blameless victim with no interest in accountability for his own actions or the politicians and pundits he supports. He’s on record on many occasions that he believes liberals have no interest in facts and don’t understand the English language. Why should we not believe him when he says those things?

I do think your posts and threads recently have been really different from where you usually are. I know you've been dealing with a BFF and a relative (I think your brother but now am questioning if I got that right) who have been very sick. That sort of thing can have a huge effect, even if we don't realize it.

Thank you Krista. You've been a good friend to me in here and I really appreciate it. Wish I could nuke this abomination of a thread, but unfortunately cannot. And yes, very very bad time for me lately. My best friend and my dear brother both have stage 4 cancer. It's frustrating that anger has been the primary emotion in dealing with this. I do know that I am much better than this. Just hard to execute on it. :frown:

Thank you Krista. You've been a good friend to me in here and I really appreciate it. Wish I could nuke this abomination of a thread, but unfortunately cannot. And yes, very very bad time for me lately. My best friend and my dear brother both have stage 4 cancer. It's frustrating that anger has been the primary emotion in dealing with this. I do know that I am much better than this. Just hard to execute on it. :frown:
Going through that any of us would be angry. That’s tough sledding my man. Don’t be to hard on yourself. As Krista said we’ve all had our moments here and most for reasons far far less valid or serious then yours. You‘re good people, we know this.

Last edited:

Going through that any of us would be angry. That’s tough sledding my man. Don’t be to hard on yourself. As Krista said we’ve all had our moments here and most for reason far far less valid or serious then yours. You‘re good people, we know this.
Thanks dkp. I really appreciate that. (y)

Political crap can just exacerbate anything we're going through. Maybe take a break from this forum and come over to the FFA for some music talk? Or whatever you need.

Political crap can just exacerbate anything we're going through. Maybe take a break from this forum and come over to the FFA for some music talk? Or whatever you need.
Excellent suggestion krista.

Where is the supporting evidence for these allegations that ekbeats is a smart, decent person? I see a lot of vitriol and misrepresentation of facts and presenting himself as a blameless victim with no interest in accountability for his own actions or the politicians and pundits he supports. He’s on record on many occasions that he believes liberals have no interest in facts and don’t understand the English language. Why should we not believe him when he says those things?
Never claimed I was perfect Coach, and not even sure I am on the right side of the issues. To be honest, the only reason I stay in here is to learn and improve upon myself. I have lapses where I feed into my negative emotions, and it frustrates the hell out of me. And one thing I'll disagree with you on - I do take accountability for my mistakes and my shortcomings. It still doesn't mean **** to me though. There was a day when I was a better person, and I wish I could get back to that. I appreciate you reminding me of that.

Last edited:
Hey Ekbeats my brother died from cancer and shortly thereafter my best friend died from a combo of cancer and Covid. So I know how it feels. Stay strong; you’re a good dude.

Ah, **** man - I just read this post. Sorry you are going through this - that's a heavy weight for anybody.

My suggestion was going to be similar to @krista4 - lean into the good of this place in times like this. Go to other parts of the board that might bring you more happiness - bsing about music or a movie, sports, whatever. Maybe send out a PM to somebody to vent or bs with. The PSF can me mentally draining and anger inducing when all is going well in life, can't imagine what it would do when dealing with this stuff. Stay strong, gb and let the community know if you need something.

Sorry guys - the new software doesn't allow for multiple questions. Also, once a poll is posted the answer options can't be changed. So yes, it's flawed. I'd nuke it but I can't.

It's good to see the degree of interaction with minorities. (y)

Obviously it’s an uncomfortable topic. i’m trying to discern the extent to which liberals live in the communities that they advocate for. Once again, uncomfortable, but valid nonetheless. Don’t you find it a bit ironic that the liberals in Martha’s Vineyard weren’t able to take on 50 immigrants for more than two days?
Yes, I do. Especially in September, they should've been able to find a place to put them up and the island wouldn't have fully gone to off-season stance yet either. Honestly, it might've been the best time for it to happen.

That said, they had no notice and tint to plan could've made that work a bit better IMO.

Where do you live exactly?
I don't put my address on the Internet but in Maryland very close to DC.

Obviously it’s an uncomfortable topic. i’m trying to discern the extent to which liberals live in the communities that they advocate for.
I'm pretty confident that any community where the residents have income security will be relatively well off and crime rates relatively low. You know rising tides and such.
Precisely. The greatest indicator of a low crime rate is income, not race. Good jobs and good money means low crime.

Heck there are plenty of majority white areas with crap jobs and crap money and high crime.

I’m surprised no one started a thread about conservatives.
I suspect the answers would be the same.

This isn't exactly a diverse demographic here, a 20 year old fantasy football forum is going to attract a certain type.

90-95% are 40-55 year old, college educated white males, who live in communities with above average incomes, below average crime, and below average black populations.

However the results of either survey are pretty irrelevant because the questions asked in the OP have very little to do with the text of the OP "The Desantis stunt" aka illegals/migrants.

More relevant questions would have been:

1. Do you live in a southern border state?

As far as I can tell only Tim, Bigbottom, TGunz, Maurile, Woz, and myself check that box. I'm sure there are a few others who live in TX, FL, and SoCal that I am not aware of. And likely a handful in NorCal too but that doesn't really count.

2. Do you have any interactions with migrants/illegals on a regular basis?

Probably fewer yes answers to this, especially if we use the qualifier "been in your house".

The obvious conclusion is that 90% of the posters (regardless of political beliefs) here are not affected by millions of illegals/migrants flooding our border each year. I suspect most here are sympathetic to people taken advantage of by communist dictators, cartels, coyotes, politicians, and media. I also suspect most here are frustrated with the current state of our immigration policies and porous borders.

Everything we hear from our politicians, media, and twitter blue checks is just rhetoric to get people angry and keep them divided. Republican politicians do not want to change anything despite their campaign rhetoric as evidenced by their lack of support for Trump's efforts to implement the very measures they campaigned on. Democrat politicians do not want to change anything despite their campaign rhetoric as evidenced by neither Obama nor Biden nor the Democrat controlled Congress under both for multiple terms ever implementing solutions to the problem (other than give them free stuff, let them vote, do not prosecute them; none of which actually solve the problem). The most divisive issues Trump had related to the border were the "wall" and "kids in cages", both of which were policies put in place under W and Obama, Trump merely expanded them. Everyone in DC is full of ****.

Maybe one day we will stop fighting with each other and address the real enemies of this country: the politicians, media, and corporations benefiting from division.

I’m surprised no one started a thread about conservatives.
I suspect the answers would be the same.

This isn't exactly a diverse demographic here, a 20 year old fantasy football forum is going to attract a certain type.

90-95% are 40-55 year old, college educated white males, who live in communities with above average incomes, below average crime, and below average black populations.

However the results of either survey are pretty irrelevant because the questions asked in the OP have very little to do with the text of the OP "The Desantis stunt" aka illegals/migrants.

More relevant questions would have been:

1. Do you live in a southern border state?

As far as I can tell only Tim, Bigbottom, TGunz, Maurile, Woz, and myself check that box. I'm sure there are a few others who live in TX, FL, and SoCal that I am not aware of. And likely a handful in NorCal too but that doesn't really count.

2. Do you have any interactions with migrants/illegals on a regular basis?

Probably fewer yes answers to this, especially if we use the qualifier "been in your house".

The obvious conclusion is that 90% of the posters (regardless of political beliefs) here are not affected by millions of illegals/migrants flooding our border each year. I suspect most here are sympathetic to people taken advantage of by communist dictators, cartels, coyotes, politicians, and media. I also suspect most here are frustrated with the current state of our immigration policies and porous borders.

Everything we hear from our politicians, media, and twitter blue checks is just rhetoric to get people angry and keep them divided. Republican politicians do not want to change anything despite their campaign rhetoric as evidenced by their lack of support for Trump's efforts to implement the very measures they campaigned on. Democrat politicians do not want to change anything despite their campaign rhetoric as evidenced by neither Obama nor Biden nor the Democrat controlled Congress under both for multiple terms ever implementing solutions to the problem (other than give them free stuff, let them vote, do not prosecute them; none of which actually solve the problem). The most divisive issues Trump had related to the border were the "wall" and "kids in cages", both of which were policies put in place under W and Obama, Trump merely expanded them. Everyone in DC is full of ****.

Maybe one day we will stop fighting with each other and address the real enemies of this country: the politicians, media, and corporations benefiting from division.
Wow. I certainly don’t agree with all of this, but it’s a terrific and very well thought out post. Thank you.

What’s up with those two “Community” options :lol:

That those are the two options proposed is kinda messed up TBH.

Yeah. Having these as the two options really says a lot about the OP:

• Community = Well -to-do area, few minorities, low crime
  • Community = Not so well-to-do, lots of minorities, moderate to high crime

Everyone in DC is full of ****.

Exactly this.
Having quit my team in 2016, it's very easy to see when you actually listen to both teams, how full of **** they really are. Until we stop voting for both these parties, nothing will change. They want us fighting so we don't take their power and wealth away. They are both insanely corrupt in different ways.

What’s up with those two “Community” options :lol:

That those are the two options proposed is kinda messed up TBH.

Yeah. Having these as the two options really says a lot about the OP:

• Community = Well -to-do area, few minorities, low crime
  • Community = Not so well-to-do, lots of minorities, moderate to high crime
Yeah, terrible appearance. Like I said, the new software doesn’t allow multiple questions and limits the number of choices. My intention was to have all of 3 parameters be different questions.

Users who are viewing this thread