What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Liberals of the PSF - tell us a little about yourselves (1 Viewer)

What type of community do you live in, and how many minorities have been in your house this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Along the lines of demographics, I wonder how many of us live in a state that doesn't comply with your values - I.e. liberals in red states and conservatives in blue. I'm convinced that shades how you view things generally.

I noticed this during the COVID lock down debates. I, a nouveau liberal living in South Carolina, saw a lot of people running around mask free, things being open, despite people dying. I thought we weren't doing nearly enough. By contrast, conservatives in liberal governed states were appalled by their restrictions. We argued here about what was appropriate. I suspect we wanted about the same things but "too much!" vs "too little!" was the tone...at the end of the day, our comparisons were relative to our localities.

I wonder wherelese that shades attitudes/opinions. Certainly, immigration situations can be something more impactful at the local level than the national, and that seems to be DeSantis's point.

Along the lines of demographics, I wonder how many of us live in a state that doesn't comply with your values - I.e. liberals in red states and conservatives in blue. I'm convinced that shades how you view things generally.

I noticed this during the COVID lock down debates. I, a nouveau liberal living in South Carolina, saw a lot of people running around mask free, things being open, despite people dying. I thought we weren't doing nearly enough. By contrast, conservatives in liberal governed states were appalled by their restrictions. We argued here about what was appropriate. I suspect we wanted about the same things but "too much!" vs "too little!" was the tone...at the end of the day, our comparisons were relative to our localities.

I wonder wherelese that shades attitudes/opinions. Certainly, immigration situations can be something more impactful at the local level than the national, and that seems to be DeSantis's point.

This is me, but WI is also an odd state. I live right outside of Madison which is one of the two left hubs of the state, so I sometimes underestimate how red the rest of the state is when bigger things come through the rest of the pipeline Not a huge deal, as I vote for all parties, but I do notice it more when social issues come up like what how we are handling abortion, covid, and why the hell we are dragging our feet on legal bud.

Ignore my above posts as it appears the sentiments have been covered. I did some Hippling there.

Users who are viewing this thread