What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Verizon Visible (1 Viewer)

Football Jones

Footballguy
Visible is a fairly new wireless carrier ran by Verizon. It's a new model where everything is done through their app.

$40 unlimited data (no strings) with free hotspot. I just checked the speed & it's running at almost 65 Mbps. Most people consider this area Podunk, USA, so pretty impressive.

The reason I'm posting is they have Party Pay where any account added to the group results in a $5 discount (up to 4) which means your phone bill can be as low as $25. BTW, all prices are all-in (including taxes, etc.). In case you're wondering, there's no sharing of details (payment info, etc.).

The hotspot works well & I have no complaints about the service. It's the best deal going, IMO. Many smartphone models work with Visible & they have their own phone, as well. If Verizon works well in your area, I believe it's definitely worth giving it a try if you would like to lower your bill &/or get more for your money.

If you have the service & would like to join my party, post here or PM me. I'm simply looking to take advantage of their offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do they treat one account with multiple lines?  What is the connection among people in a "party"?  Can any random set of people form a "party?"

How do they treat one account with multiple lines?  What is the connection among people in a "party"?  Can any random set of people form a "party?"
yes... I've got the monthly bill for my daughter's line doen to $25.  Found a group online and joined it.

They don't... you need to set up multiple accounts... but you can set them all to auto-pay to the same bank account.

Sorry, guys, just now getting back to checking on this.

BTW, their hotspot is the best I've ever used. I was an early adopter & the vast majority of the time, the hotspot runs at LTE speed.

Will be interested in hearing further reviews on this...currently have verizon with me, the wife, and oldest kid.  Paying about 130$ through verizon, so basically could have the same network for about 90$.  I am out of the country now, but will look to switch over in a few months.

Will be interested in hearing further reviews on this...currently have verizon with me, the wife, and oldest kid.  Paying about 130$ through verizon, so basically could have the same network for about 90$.  I am out of the country now, but will look to switch over in a few months.
$75 if you do it right....

There are some restrictions, be sure to look into them before you jump ship.

Jaysus said:
$75 if you do it right....

There are some restrictions, be sure to look into them before you jump ship.
I had post-paid Verizon for a few years & this is real close. I've never been slowed down for high data usage & supposedly they don't do that (although, I'm not a super-user).

I'm not aware of any strings other than the typical prioritizing during peak hours, but the thing is it hardly ever slows down. I'm running over 50 Mbps now at a peak time.

The hotspot is really nice. I believe they say 5 Mbps on the hotspot, but I don't find mine slows down. Your mileage could vary.

For the money, it's probly the best plan out there. It's actually improved of late. They must've done an upgrade. I'm in Podunk near a decent-sized city so it's likely going to be good in a lot of places if you already get strong Verizon service.

BTW, I got in Party Pay & joined a group. Just click the Reddit link here & I'm sure you can find a group. It took me less than 24 hours.

hispeedthinmint said:
They won't let me use my S10+ & only offered  phone for swap that was junk & out of stock anyway. lol joke
What was their issue with your S10+? Aren't all S10 models Verizon-compatible. I have an S10e on Verizon prepaid now, and would be shocked if they said I can't use it on Visible.

I had post-paid Verizon for a few years & this is real close. I've never been slowed down for high data usage & supposedly they don't do that (although, I'm not a super-user).

I'm not aware of any strings other than the typical prioritizing during peak hours, but the thing is it hardly ever slows down. I'm running over 50 Mbps now at a peak time.

The hotspot is really nice. I believe they say 5 Mbps on the hotspot, but I don't find mine slows down. Your mileage could vary.

For the money, it's probly the best plan out there. It's actually improved of late. They must've done an upgrade. I'm in Podunk near a decent-sized city so it's likely going to be good in a lot of places if you already get strong Verizon service.

BTW, I got in Party Pay & joined a group. Just click the Reddit link here & I'm sure you can find a group. It took me less than 24 hours.
Could you clarify - you're getting 50 Mps through your hotspot or through your phone?

Could you clarify - you're getting 50 Mps through your hotspot or through your phone?
Through the hotspot when linked with laptop. I think it says something about limiting it to 5 Mbps in their info, but it doesn't seem to slow down for me anymore (maybe never did). There were times when it was around 5 when LTE ran slower, but that's still pretty decent.

You mileage may vary. I was an early adopter, but not sure if that has anything to do with it. It's a great service, but I guess it'll depend on how strong Verizon is in your area.

So Visible sells an S10e but my (Verizon) S10e isn't compatible per the IMEI checker. Interesting.
https://www.visible.com/help/compatible

Remember: Your phone has to be unlocked to be BYOD compatible. If you're under contract, it's likely that your phone is not BYOD compatible.

Now, let's see the parade of phones compatible with Visible for BYOD: 

Apple iPhones

iPhone 6

iPhone 6 Plus

iPhone SE

iPhone 6S

iPhone 6S Plus

iPhone 7

iPhone 7 Plus

iPhone 8

iPhone 8 Plus

iPhone X

iPhone XR

iPhone XS

iPhone XS Max

iPhone 11

iPhone 11 Pro

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Android Phones

Google Pixel 3

Google Pixel 3 XL

Google Pixel 3a

Google Pixel 3a XL

Google Pixel 4

Google Pixel 4 XL

LG G8 (Only if you are bringing an unlocked model from Verizon.)

LG Stylo 5/M7 (Only if you are bringing an unlocked model from Verizon.)

LG V40 (Only if you are bringing an unlocked model from Verizon.)

Motorola Moto G7 Power

Motorola moto Z4

OnePlus 7 Pro (Models from T-mobile are not compatible.)

OnePlus 7T (Models from T-mobile are not compatible.)

Samsung Galaxy A50 (Select models only.)

Samsung Galaxy S8 (Models unlocked by Samsung are not compatible.)

Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Models unlocked by Samsung are not compatible.)

Samsung Galaxy S9 (Models unlocked by Samsung are not compatible.)

Samsung Galaxy S9+ (Models unlocked by Samsung are not compatible.)

Samsung Galaxy S10e (Select models only.)

Samsung Galaxy S20 (Only models from Verizon.)

Samsung Galaxy S20+ (Only models from Verizon.)

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra (Only models from Verizon.)
No Samsung Notes either.  

In all reality, any phone that works on Verizon will work on Visible. They might not officially support it, but pretty sure you can pop the SIM card in any Verizon capable phone and you'll be ok. 

In all reality, any phone that works on Verizon will work on Visible. They might not officially support it, but pretty sure you can pop the SIM card in any Verizon capable phone and you'll be ok. 
Even though it is a verizon phone, you probably need to carrier unlock it.  If you own the phone out right, you should be able to call verizon and get your phone unlocked. There are other ways to unlock the phone, just need to google it. 

BTW, just for more clarification, I rarely link the hotspot via bluetooth.

The 50+ Mbps I'm seeing is with a cord. I don't know enough about tech to know if that matters.

Even though it is a verizon phone, you probably need to carrier unlock it.  If you own the phone out right, you should be able to call verizon and get your phone unlocked. There are other ways to unlock the phone, just need to google it. 
If you own the phone & the contract is done, wouldn't you just need to cancel your Verizon service?

Wouldn't Visible work automatically then?

That said, I don't know WTF I'm talking about, really.

Users who are viewing this thread