What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How good would Patrick Mahomes be without Tyreek Hill? (1 Viewer)

Breezy H2O

Footballguy
Just a fun thought that crossed my mind. I definitely think that Mahomes is a Top 5 QB but am not sure if he's still MVP quality.

Then, I imagine what Rodgers, Brady, and Brees could do with a weapon like Tyreek Hill.

Mahomes' bazooka arm is a perfect compliment to Hill but dude gets so wide open even Alex Smith was hitting him deep. Tyreek Hill is Randy Moss level of talent and I think it's fair to question which player is pulling the wagon.

Probably 40% Hill, 60% Mahomes.

Wasn't Mahomes on pace for like 5500 passing yards and 37 tds before he got hurt last year and all of that was without Hill. Those sound like MVP stats to me. 

Wasn't Mahomes on pace for like 5500 passing yards and 37 tds before he got hurt last year and all of that was without Hill. Those sound like MVP stats to me. 
Depends if they were winning games, I suppose. I know data without Tyreek Hill exists from last season, I'm just waiting for a data here to do the work for me. 

Okay, I'll stop being lazy. Tyreek Hill was out weeks 2 - 5.

Week 2: 30/44, 443, 4TD (W 28 - 10 @Raiders)

Week 3: 27/37, 374, 3TD (W 33 - 28 Ravens)

Week 4: 24/42, 315, 0TD (W 34-30 @Lions) 

Week 5: 22 / 39, 321, 1TD (L 13-19 Colts)

4 game split: 104 / 162 (64.2%), 1453 yards, 8TD, 0INT, 3-1

Prorated 16 game season:

5812, 32TD, 0INT, 12-4

Patrick Mahomes is NFL Jesus.

#ENDTHREAD

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a fun thought that crossed my mind. I definitely think that Mahomes is a Top 5 QB but am not sure if he's still MVP quality.

Then, I imagine what Rodgers, Brady, and Brees could do with a weapon like Tyreek Hill.

Mahomes' bazooka arm is a perfect compliment to Hill but dude gets so wide open even Alex Smith was hitting him deep. Tyreek Hill is Randy Moss level of talent and I think it's fair to question which player is pulling the wagon.

Probably 40% Hill, 60% Mahomes.
Are you serious?  He was a beast without Tyreke in the lineup last year.

Users who are viewing this thread