What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Question (1 Viewer)

MikefromtheBuff

Footballguy
Really struggling to decide on my other keeper for next year. McCaffrey is the obvious choice but I can keep two. Who should be my other?

League notes:

• PPR league
  • 10 Teams
  • Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 Flex
  • There is a WR/TE spot so technically you don't need to start or even carry a Tight end on your roster
QB - Brees

RB - Christian McCaffrey; Aaron Jones; Kenyan Drake; Chris Carson; James White; Mike Boone

WR - Kenny Golladay; Julian Edelman; Stefon Diggs; Cooper Kupp; JuJu Smith-Schuster; Antonio Brown

WR/TE - George Kittle

For the 2nd keeper, I am leaning Golladay or Kittle, and a small thought for JuJu.   Based on my values, I have Kittle, Smith-Schuster, Golladay... on projected scoring, Golladay, Kittle, Smith-Schuster... and it is close between Golladay and Kittle.  I have not gotten a trust factor with JuJu, so I would not keep him.   I think I would be flipping a coin with either of these remaining two, and would be happy with either.  At this moment, I am leaning Kittle.  

And...  nice team there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any restrictions on the keeper?  Lost round, salary cap, years available to keep?

If there are no restrictions I would go with Aaron Jones.  WR's are usually easier to find.

I would go Jones, but I wouldn't fault anyone for taking Drake.  It's close between them. 
I find it very interesting that Drake is generating that much perceived value that would vault him all the way up to being "close" to Jones.  I understand the thought process but I don't think I would have those two that close.

I agree @fightingillini, @TBBuccs6988 and @Gally that I would keep Jones as my second keeper and then would slam WRs hard and fast in the draft - 10 team PPR league with the ability to start up to 4 they will most likely be your strongest option to fill the flex spots and the value will last a bit longer at the position in the draft (assuming typical draft patterns). As it is a 1 QB league, you can wait a long time on QB (assuming normal scoring system) so that you can build some decent depth at both RB and WR before you even need to think about QB.

Thanks for the input. I am leaning towards Jones as well I'm just a little concerned with the backfield depth in GB. Drake is interesting based on how he was used in Arizona and he doesn't have much competition for touches. I think Arizona is going to have a very nice offense. I'm not sure what to think of GB right now, especially after their draft.

I managed to avoid the hard decision by trading for Alvin Kamara. So I'll roll into next season with him and McCaffrey as my keepers. I'm happy with that. I think Jones is going to likely have a decent drop off and Kamara should get his TD #'s back up to normal. 

I managed to avoid the hard decision by trading for Alvin Kamara. So I'll roll into next season with him and McCaffrey as my keepers. I'm happy with that. I think Jones is going to likely have a decent drop off and Kamara should get his TD #'s back up to normal. 
Out of curiosity what was the trade?

Users who are viewing this thread