What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (2 Viewers)

@allinkid

#FantasyFootball Covid idea THIS week I'm doing in a league

GM tells commish...

"I'm starting X for Y only if NE-KC doesn't happen"

Example: Start Hightower in case Edelman/NE doesn't play

Caveat: You CAN'T keep Hightower (player X) in the spot if NE-KC plays (& X does great)

-----

Assuming i can do this... thoughts?

@facook , make plans for your Chiefs. Don't want you getting caught flat-footed in our matchup this week.
Thanks man.  I'm rolling with it.  Team's already decimated this week by the Titans fiasco.  I'm not dropping Butker and Swift would only give me 2 more  points than a non-playing Kelce.  Enjoy your win!

ETA: I should say, rolling with the gamble that they play Tuesday (even though I don't think that ends up happening).

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, these are exceptional circumstances -- provisional and/or conditional lineups are A-OK by me and totally fair.
I'm open to adding a couple roster spots for NE/KC players only. 

If we can get most of the people in here to weigh in.

It's a pretty laid back group and free league so I don't imagine it being an issue. I just don't love changing rules midstream without basically unanimous support. 

To me, these are exceptional circumstances -- provisional and/or conditional lineups are A-OK by me and totally fair.

It's a pretty laid back group and free league so I don't imagine it being an issue. I just don't love changing rules midstream without basically unanimous support. 
You're talking about a non-FFA league, right? Not us in Summerpalooza III?

No problems here. 

No problems here. 
Oh ... @Northern Voice IS talking about Summerpalooza III.

I agree with Pip's ... no issues with flexible rule changes midseason, either. For Summerpalooza III.

I'm absolutely okay with it. I didn't even realize this was happening and as I type of course I'm interested in it because I have Mahomes. 

My dynasty team is screwed. I have no FAAB dollars because of misreading the rules and a misapply to new owner rules (I was supposed to be able to claim guys for one week from free agency -- I didn't and couldn't) and my three quarterbacks are Drew Lock, Patrick Mahomes, and Cam Newton. I have to take a zero at quarterback tomorrow.

eta* I auctioned (well, sold) my fourth round pick next year for 50 FAAB. So I mortgaged my future instead of taking a zero.

ANNOUNCEMENT

1 - I'VE ADDED TWO BENCH SPOTS THAT CAN BE USED THIS WEEK FOR KC/NE PLAYERS ONLY.

2 - IF YOU WANT TO PROVISIONALLY START SOMEONE TO BE USED ONLY IF THE KC/NE GAME DOESN'T GO, POST IT HERE. LEAVE ANY KC/NE PLAYERS IN YOUR LINEUP THAT YOU WANT TO START IN THERE AS THAT WILL BE THAT ONE USED IF THE GAME HAPPENS.

Ah, okay. I thought the bench spots might be used for the TEN/PIT tilt.

In that spirit, I added/dropped someone regardless.

Added: Greg Ward, Philadelphia, WR

Song: All You Zombies

Artist: The Hooters
My thinking is TEN/PIT is basically now their bye week, so treat it like that like someone in here said earlier, where NE/KC is still up in the air.

My thinking is TEN/PIT is basically now their bye week, so treat it like that like someone in here said earlier, where NE/KC is still up in the air.
Sure thing. After I added Ward and saw your note, I dropped Aiyuk so that should leave me with five bench spots being used still with two guys on IR or out, as it were. It's seriously not a big deal. I'm just up early and maintaining my teams that I have. MFL and the dynasty league I'm in isn't as forgiving and I'll have to start Mullens over Mahomes because I don't think they'll play given the conditions.

ANNOUNCEMENT

1 - I'VE ADDED TWO BENCH SPOTS THAT CAN BE USED THIS WEEK FOR KC/NE PLAYERS ONLY.

2 - IF YOU WANT TO PROVISIONALLY START SOMEONE TO BE USED ONLY IF THE KC/NE GAME DOESN'T GO, POST IT HERE. LEAVE ANY KC/NE PLAYERS IN YOUR LINEUP THAT YOU WANT TO START IN THERE AS THAT WILL BE THAT ONE USED IF THE GAME HAPPENS.
FYI, Chiefs- Pats is happening Monday night at 7:00 on CBS

Wait why did someone drop Aiyuk? Did I miss an injury or something?
No. Just dropped him for roster space, I guess. I'm just going with five on the bench, two on IR. That's quite enough, I figure, without it getting too confusing. I already have one WR on the bench, one in temporary IR.

No. Just dropped him for roster space, I guess. I'm just going with five on the bench, two on IR. That's quite enough, I figure, without it getting too confusing. I already have one WR on the bench, one in temporary IR.
Gotcha, I thought he seemed promising but Deebo may be coming back

Gotcha, I thought he seemed promising but Deebo may be coming back
Yeah, he does. I'd imgaine Kittle and Deebo eat into his workload. I've got temporaries in Renfrow and Ward right now. It seemed like, as Pip said upthread, that Ward will be the Philly target hog. 

I grew up in the Philly area and was in 8th grade when this song/album came out. Amongst suburban Philly kids of the era, it was a HUGE deal. A girl from my class went to one of their concerts and literally fainted from excitement, like it was the Beatles. 
One of my true MTV memories from early middle school. I probably should have used "And We Danced" but "All You Zombies" it is. 

All you zombies/hide your faces/all you people in the street/all you people in high places...the rain's gonna fall on you!

MFL and the dynasty league I'm in isn't as forgiving and I'll have to start Mullens over Mahomes because I don't think they'll play given the conditions.
I have Tyreek in my other one, I'll probably leave him in, with signs looking promising. I have Gallup on the bench so not an awful alternative.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Provisionally start Leviska Shenault at Flex if KC doesn't play.  Thanks NV.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Even after reading this ... I still got crossed up by the "You've got two empty spots on your roster message". I've spent the last ten minutes poring over my roster and confirming to myself that, yes, I have 16 players. :bag:

@facook -- double-check that. You're already using Shenault in the SuperFlex spot, so he won't be available to sub in for Kelce.

Looking at your bench, the only available guys appear to De'Andre Swift and Tony Pollard   :kicksrock:

Even after reading this ... I still got crossed up by the "You've got two empty spots on your roster message". I've spent the last ten minutes poring over my roster and confirming to myself that, yes, I have 16 players. :bag:
Just add a guy. 

Wait I need a ruling. I have Burkhead and he is a Pat so I added a guy for my roster spot but realized it was Hardman who also is a Chief (I won't use rostering him to add another guy) but is that ok? My thought was Adams might not play Mon night and maybe I will know in time to plug in Hardman. I will also drop him if that was against the spirit of the rule. 

Wait I need a ruling. I have Burkhead and he is a Pat so I added a guy for my roster spot but realized it was Hardman who also is a Chief (I won't use rostering him to add another guy) but is that ok? My thought was Adams might not play Mon night and maybe I will know in time to plug in Hardman. I will also drop him if that was against the spirit of the rule. 
That's fine imo.

I'm going to chop it back to 5 bench spots as soon as the week is over (pending Titans/Bills, I guess...)

@facook -- double-check that. You're already using Shenault in the SuperFlex spot, so he won't be available to sub in for Kelce.

Looking at your bench, the only available guys appear to De'Andre Swift and Tony Pollard   :kicksrock:
Yeah you may want to use the extra spots for a provisional pickup/play. 

Yeah you may want to use the extra spots for a provisional pickup/play. 
Sorry, I'm too dumb.  I'd have said Swift but too late now.  If it effs me I deserve it.  :lmao:   

Garbage time special for The Robinsons Affair with Allen Robinson himself making a guest appearance in the fourth quarter.

Pip's Invitation said:
As for Greg Ward, I expect him to get a boatload of targets because all Wentz has to throw to is him, Ertz and the RBs. And they will probably be playing from behind. 
I'm starting Ward in this league and John Hightower in my dynasty league. My receiver corps has been utterly decimated with injuries and COVID. I could have started Tre'Quan Smith. Instead, I picked the rookie on the off chance he might take one to the house on a deep ball. Not smart.

Oh wells, if Tre'Quan had really done a whole lot the past three years, I'd have fired him right up with Thomas missing, but Tre'Quan, while hurt last year, is not the focal point of that offense when it is whole, to say the least.

By the way, I had dropped Rodrigo Blankenship. Then I added him again.

Added: Rodrigo Blankenship

Artist: Run The Jewels

Song: Run The Jewels

(Killer Mike is from Atlanta, Rodrigo's birthplace is less than one hundred from there)

facook said:
Sorry, I'm too dumb.  I'd have said Swift but too late now.  If it effs me I deserve it.  :lmao:   
Swift got a TD today, too.

I guess anything can happen, but it looks like Kelce and the Chiefs/Pats will get their game in. A lot is riding on the Patriots' next set of test results.

I guess anything can happen, but it looks like Kelce and the Chiefs/Pats will get their game in. A lot is riding on the Patriots' next set of test results.
Yep.  Was pretty happy when I saw that.  :D   REALLY hoping the Titans are unique.  Afraid they are not.

Good thing it's not going to matter in the matchup, honestly.  I now hope that Ben and Tanny carry me to many, many wins over the next 11 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread