What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Henry at 1.03 PPR? Nah - I took Zeke. lolz - some of the draft posted. (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
I woke up today with an itch, and I’m hoping the sharks can help scratch it.

i’m drafting tonight. Zeke is likely going to be the top option at 1.03 & Is the consensus expert 103 pick (some deviation, of course). I also hate rooting for the Cowboys. It is what it is. As a Niner fan, having to cheer on anyone in a uni with a star on it makes me throw up in my mouth, just a little bit. 🤢 

CookKamara both concern me. Less Kamara’s contract, more the epidural he just had. Cook both the contract & injury risk + expensive handcuff.

That leaves M.Thomas, CEH & Henry as targets if I don’t just go with the herd. 

I don’t love taking a WR at 3, since there are a lot of WRs I like later. CEH is an unknown, but obviously any part of that offense has a chance to be special. But at 3 predictability is nice. 

That leaves Henry.

There’s talk of Henry catching ~40 balls this year. Tannehill said they’ve worked on it a lot this abbreviated preseason & he’s been impressed with Henry’s ability. There’s only a rookie on the team to take touches. I love watching him play - he’s both a banger and a burner. 

On a scale of 1-bat-poop, how crazy would it be to take Henry at 1.03?

i will not be insulted in the slightest if you say it’s crazy - that was the question. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In order... Zeke, Kamara, Henry, Cook, CEH

Kamara close to Zeke. Then little drop off for me. According to fantasy pros Henry projected about 38 points less on the season than Zeke. This means 2.4 ppl less per game. Or slight less is Kamara at few points less than Zeke. Kamara got injection to reduce inflammation, so this isn’t a concern. He back at practice. He mini holdout to mini protest due to contract. He is fine imo. Safest choice is Zeke though.

Can you just get used to puking in your mouth? Just squirt some hot sauce in there and it will be fine. 😀

I love Henry. Total stud. But his running style scares me. Dishes awesome hits and wears down defenses, but that also makes him a higher injury risk IMO compared to Zeke/Kamara. I could see taking Henry over Kamara right now, but not Zeke. Plus Cowboys offense has potential to absolutely explode this year. 

New coach who has a historical record of ignoring rbs, and now he is in dallas. I have the 2nd pick and in taking saquon. I dont trust McCarthy especially with the new wr weapon they added. I don't hate Henry at 3 but also dont like it. I do like it over Zeke tho if that helps. Best of luck man

Can you just get used to puking in your mouth? Just squirt some hot sauce in there and it will be fine. 😀
I’ve done it many years with many players. 

Believe it or not, there was a stretch when no Niners were selected in the top 12 picks. Shocking, I realize, what with such talent as Alex Smith & uh, Alex Smith? 
:doh:  

Amari Cooper helped carry my team to a 11-3 record last year, so I’ve done it recently in fact. 

I’ll still probably take EE. Like I said, just woke up with the crazy idea of sacrificing a couple points so I take a player I want to root for/watch more. But I’m a whore. Put some lipstick on me, put me on the street. I’ll go for the points.   :(  

My username should give you some insight as to who I root for (secondarily, to the Lions, but nonetheless).

Fellow Cowboy hater, but this is about fantasy football, dammit!

I'd take Zeke or Kamara over Henry at 1.03 but do like Henry over the rest.

New coach who has a historical record of ignoring rbs, and now he is in dallas. I have the 2nd pick and in taking saquan. I dont trust McCarthy especially with the new wr weapon they added. I don't hate Henry at 3 but also dont like it. I do like it over Zeke tho if that helps. Best of luck man
Same OC though. 

My username should give you some insight as to who I root for (secondarily, to the Lions, but nonetheless).

Fellow Cowboy hater, but this is about fantasy football, dammit!

I'd take Zeke or Kamara over Henry at 1.03 but do like Henry over the rest.
Thanks. There is a small possibility that 1.02 takes Kamara. Dude’s a big fan. But he’s also a really good FF player & I expect him to take Saquan. 

Same OC though. 
Giants have less options to throw to. Dallas has a solid WR1 in cooper, along with a solid 2 in gallop and now CD lamb. Giants are very limited in their passing attack. Let's also not forget last year he was I believe a majority #1 pick. #### happens and got injured. I still believe saquon should end the season over Zeke. Only edge I give Zeke is he already had rona and I'm not sure if you can "recatch" it.

Would team at 4 or 5 want to trade up?   Maybe swap 1st and 2nd rd picks?  

The guy at 4 would prolly love getting Elliott

Kamara got injection to reduce inflammation, so this isn’t a concern.
Seems to me, that "inflammation" in his back (enough to get an epidural---when he WASN'T EVEN PRACTICING) IS a concern.

I share the sentiments about Zeke. I'm a Giants fan, so having to root for a Cowboy--one who is a total d*uche as a person is a bitter pill to swallow. That said, I pick 4 in my 0.5 point PPR league and if for some reason the guy at # 3 passes on Zeke, then I am going to hold my nose and take him. If he does take Zeke, then I am definitely taking Henry. I hope he takes Zeke. LOL

I share the sentiments about Zeke. I'm a Giants fan, so having to root for a Cowboy--one who is a total d*uche as a person is a bitter pill to swallow.
someone who gets me.

all this may be moot - 1.02 told me he’s considering Zeke at 2 as the best/safest option who plays on the best offense. 

So I may dodge a bullet and be able to take Saquan. :wub:  

Philosophically though I do think it’s an interesting approach to the game. 

are ~2 points per game so important that you’d take a player you don’t like or a player on a team you’ve hated your entire life?

i know the point of FF is to win, but isn’t it to have fun, too? 

Are those~2 points per game not a fair price to have fun?

🤔

are ~2 points per game so important that you’d take a player you don’t like or a player on a team you’ve hated your entire life?

I dunno ... I've always kinda preferred the opposite approach.

As a lifelong Eagles fan, I learned many years ago to avoid taking Eagles in my FF drafts whenever humanly possible. When they underperform or, worse yet, suffer season-ending injuries while on my teams, it's a double psychological blow. Whereas the pain of watching Zeke or Saquon run roughshod over the Birds is lessened if it helps carry me to a fantasy W at the same time.

Now that sports wagering is legal in NJ, I also routinely bet against my hometown teams in important games for the same reason.

Read about these techniques and more in my upcoming book, Chicken Soup for the Degenerate Soul.TM  :lol:

🤔
This is crazy talk!

I’m picking 4th tonight

Henry vs Kamera 

Henry was a stud with magic at QB last year 

im hoping a dolt owner takes a QB in the top 3(hey it could happen)

I dunno ... I've always kinda preferred the opposite approach.

As a lifelong Eagles fan, I learned many years ago to avoid taking Eagles in my FF drafts whenever humanly possible. When they underperform or, worse yet, suffer season-ending injuries while on my teams, it's a double psychological blow. Whereas the pain of watching Zeke or Saquon run roughshod over the Birds is lessened if it helps carry me to a fantasy W at the same time.

Now that sports wagering is legal in NJ, I also routinely bet against my hometown teams in important games for the same reason.

Read about these techniques and more in my upcoming book, Chicken Soup for the Degenerate Soul.TM  :lol:
I'm exactly the same.  I try to avoid Eagles as there's too much at stake when they do good/bad.  I like to hedge.

I'm exactly the same.  I try to avoid Eagles as there's too much at stake when they do good/bad.  I like to hedge.
My Raiders fan friend does the same. He never takes Raiders. He’s convinced if he does he’ll jinx them. 

Like me with Niners, for a long stretch there weren’t any worth taking high.

he picks 9th this year & we’ll see if he passes on Jacobs. I think that would be crazy. 

This is similar to last year's Dalvin Cook at 1.05 thread.  First and foremost this is supposed to be fun.  If you like Henry better than Zeke then do it.  It's not the end of the world and either can be the better pick.  

Bottom line take who you want.  It's all good.

A few quick points:

1.  I don't think it's Crazy to take Henry at 3.  He's the absolute focus of their offense.  And while AJ Brown is a great young receiver, the Cowboys have all the good young pass catchers--Cooper/Gallup/Lamb.  

2.  As you said, there's talk of Henry being more involved in the passing game.  If he sees a substantial uptick in volume there, he's probably the consensus pick above Zeke.

3.  From my standpoint, I play to win the game.  Fantasy football isn't a reflection on the real world for me.  If you do enough leagues, rooting for Henry in 1 will beat you in another league.  I just put the best team together that I can and let the chips fall where they may.  If someone is an awful human but the NFL lets them play--I'll run them in fantasy if the price is right.

This is similar to last year's Dalvin Cook at 1.05 thread.  First and foremost this is supposed to be fun.  If you like Henry better than Zeke then do it.  It's not the end of the world and either can be the better pick.  

Bottom line take who you want.  It's all good.
The irony didn’t escape me. :lol:  

that said; last year the difference was like 20 picks, not 2-4. This one’s a little closer. There’s none chance of Henry making it to 2.10, when at the time of that topic 2.08 (after 1.05 1st round)! Was Cook’s ADP. 

so not totally the same. It would be a closer analogy to ask “would it be crazy to take Drake at 2.”3?” Or Aaron Jones or someone who might be there in the 2nd. :)  

that said; last year the difference was like 20 picks, not 2-4. This one’s a little closer. There’s none chance of Henry making it to 2.10, when at the time of that topic 2.08 (after 1.05 1st round)! Was Cook’s ADP. 

so not totally the same. It would be a closer analogy to ask “would it be crazy to take Drake at 2.”3?” Or Aaron Jones or someone who might be there in the 2nd. :)  
Yes, crazy to take Drake at 2.  Aaron Jones in the 1st makes too much sense, but don't tell the FF community. 

Hey a few years ago I got laughed at when I took a wide receiver  at 1-03.....my comment was  A  he is the safest pick on the board and B he wont be there when the draft gets back to me.  I rode Antonio Brown NEARLY to a championship (before he went crazy).  I think pick whowever you thinks gets you points  safely.  Just because adp says take player X in the first round doesnt mean you have to comply..  Someone later will be happy that player X slid to them if you go henry early but  that may or may not be to their advantage in the end?  I really HATE  taking a player just because of their ADP and end up not liking my team  if I think someone else is the pick there.  

Although that was the crux of the arguments last year....whether or not Cook would make it back or not.  If you didn't want to risk losing him you had to take him at 1.05.  

I know this is a little different because this is take x or y and that was take x and hope y makes it back or just take y.  

Either way, take the guy you want to root for.  It makes it more fun 

If you really don’t want Zeke, I think you really should go with Kamara. It’s PPR and the value isn’t there for Henry unless you trade down. 

I'm a big Henry fan - have owned him in dyansty since he was a rookie. I think he's going to have a really good year this year. I drafted at 1.04 and CMC, Saquon, and Zeke were gone. I took Cook, but thought about Henry. 

I ended up trading my 2,3,4,5 round picks for the guy at 1.08's 1,4,5,6 round picks. He offered it, and Henry was available so I took the trade and took Henry.

But in the end, there's not going to be THAT much difference between all these guys, assuming they stay healthy. So take who you want - it's way more fun that way.

Hot Sauce Guy said:
I’m sure many, many, many will think this. 

So you’d rate it “bat-poop crazy” then. :lol:  
Any chance you can trade down?

I wouldn’t pass on Zeke either but I don’t think Henry is a crazy proposition.

RealReactions said:
New coach who has a historical record of ignoring rbs, and now he is in dallas. I have the 2nd pick and in taking saquon. I dont trust McCarthy especially with the new wr weapon they added. I don't hate Henry at 3 but also dont like it. I do like it over Zeke tho if that helps. Best of luck man
McCarthy isn’t calling plays, Kellen Moore is again 

Zeke had the most carries inside the 20 last year and (iirc) it wasn’t close

Idk why that would change 

To back you up.

Pollard looked terrific last year. I think his ypc was actually better than Zeke's.  What if he gets 30% snaps this season and catches more balls?  Maybe Zeke slips to RB 5 or 6.

On the other side, Zeke was #1 in football last year in DYAR, and #4 in DVOA.

Gun to my head I still take Zeke.

Any chance you can trade down?

I wouldn’t pass on Zeke either but I don’t think Henry is a crazy proposition.
Nope. We do away “pick your own draft position“ type draft. (Kentucky derby style) so in hindsight, I’m kind of kicking myself for not taking the four or five spot.

that said, I do like the shorter turn From spot.

but because we do that style of drafting, we don’t allow for first round Pick trades.

McCarthy isn’t calling plays, Kellen Moore is again 

Zeke had the most carries inside the 20 last year and (iirc) it wasn’t close

Idk why that would change 
Yeah, I said as much above. I just read an interview with Dak where he said the continuity of offensive coordinator is expected to be a huge boost for everyone.

I don't think ur crazy and I'm a Cowboys fan.  Zeke has a lot of miles, and he isn't going to be as much of the focus moving forward......that said, I'd bet he will likely get a fair amount of punch in TD's, as the Cowboys should be able to move the ball up and down the field...I do like him in a TD heavy league.

I don't play in ppr anymore, so I'm a bit out of touch for that strategy.  But I think I would strongly consider Thomas or Kamara there.  I do like Henry as well, I'm just a tad concerned about Tannehill getting injured, or coming back to earth, and that effect on that offense.....but again, in a standard/TD heavy league or even distance bonus league, I like Henry quite a bit.

Dislike the Cowboys and Zeke fell to me at 1.04. I waited a polite few seconds before drafting him. If he lives up to his draft position, I won't have to root for him. I really won't have to think about him much at all. Pollard was a must - arguably rosterable on his own and a cuff to boot.

If Zeke were all of a sudden unavailable for the season, I would take a super long look at CEH in a PPR. 

The caveat to that it would have to be with mostly normal players, a fun league, work league, friends league. Not a shark league. 

In a PPR Shark league, i'd try to trade....if i couldnt trade, it would really depend on my mood for kamara, cook, ceh or henry. Right this very second...it's CEH.

Non PPR i would gladly take Henry.

(im a henry owner in non-ppr dynasty...no current CEH shares)

Yeah, I said as much above. I just read an interview with Dak where he said the continuity of offensive coordinator is expected to be a huge boost for everyone.
McCarthy came out and said he is going to get a ton of touches. Ppr gold

I took Elliott. 

You can all rest easy. 

;)

Actually love my offense. My IDP players are teh suck but I have a trade in the works for a DL. 

I'll give ya the 1st 17 rounds (of 27)

1.03 - Elliott

2.10 - Miles Sanders - I had shock. I am shook. 

3.03 - Juju Smith-Schuster - Sanders fell due to the crazy run at WR, so Juju was the last of the dudes I wanted there. top 3 TEs gone in the 2nd 3 picks before me. 

4.10 - Calvin Ridley - felt like a slip

5.03 - Raheem Mostert - somehow made it past 2 Niner fans at the turn. 

6.10 - Davonte Parker - red cross scares people. 

7.03 - D. Watson - Made a call on Parker. Both teams needed WRs, only 1 needed a QB. Murray/Watson on the board. He took Kyler, I took Watson. 

8.10 - Blake Martinez - got my 2nd ranked LB for my scoring system as the 6th off the board

9.03 - Evan Engram - Injury risk. Took Fant in the 16th 

10.10 - Crowder - love him as a WR4

11.03 - Trumaie Edmonds

12.10 - Tarik Cohen - crazy things happen in IDP leagues. 

13.03 - Christian Kirk - was planning on going IDP/IDP 12-13. These picks were luxuries I may trade. 

14.10 - Pollard

15.03 - Emmanuel Sanders

16.10 - Noah Fant

17.03 - Duke Johnson - have a deal working for a DL to the DaJohnson owner as I type this.

Then it's just LB & DL/DB from here. I won't bore y'all with the defensive guys. 

;)  

Went a little too deep on offense this year, but I've always found it easier to get defensive gus off the wire. 

QB - Watson

RB - Zeke/Sanders (go NFC East!)

WR - Juju/Ridley/Parker

TE - Engram

O-FL - Mostert

K - Succup, who just got the gig in RB. Week 13 BYE. 

someone who gets me.

all this may be moot - 1.02 told me he’s considering Zeke at 2 as the best/safest option who plays on the best offense. 

So I may dodge a bullet and be able to take Saquan. :wub:  
I know it's too late as you've already picked but that's when you jump on an opportunity move up.  Drop him a 3/4 upgrade to move up a spot.

Users who are viewing this thread