What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

San Diego vs. Cincy (1 Viewer)

I always love when players complain to the refs about not getting a flag that's actually already been thrown they just didn't see it.

I can't blame Anthony Lynn for going for it twice on 4th and short. Those are gut-check moments, and the Bengals D had more heart than the Chargers O both times.

I drafted Ekelar pretty early (round 2.) It’s only one game, we’re still in the 3rd quarter, but I have this sinking feeling that he’s going to be a bust. 
The problem isn’t him it’s Taylor. The defense has absolutely no fear of him whatsoever and they’re sticking 8 or 9 men in the box every damn play. There’s not going to be any running room this season. 

I drafted Ekelar pretty early (round 2.) It’s only one game, we’re still in the 3rd quarter, but I have this sinking feeling that he’s going to be a bust. 
He's averaging almost 5 yards a carry, so don't lose your mind. Josh Kelley might be the bigger concern for Ekeler owners.

Agree that Kelley might be an issue, but yeah, he's doing well and he's got 17 carries and a target.  not sure what more people want.  
They want Phillip Rivers and 13 dump offs per game.  Ekler is still at least a RB2, but he's not what he was with Rivers.

Stupid announcers: "And the Chargers sideline is elated that he's hurt!"

Well, that's a really weird assumption.

The presence of Bobby Hart in the starting line-up continues to make me sad :(

The presence of Bullock as the starting kicker continues to make me sad :(

The fact these 2 surely will be gone when Burrow is leading this team into contention in a couple years makes me happy :)

-QG

I think the Game threads are great place to jot some notes and ask questions on Mondays. 

-I felt that San Diego would run the ball enough to warrant 2 RBs getting significant touches, Ekeler got 19 carries and not much receiving but that might change game to game. Kelley owners who took a chance last round of the draft must be happy to see 12/60/TD, again nothing really shaking for the RBs coming out of the backfield on pass plays. 

-TT only 50% completion rate, they're in trouble when they don't face Cinci every other week of 2020. 

LAC may want to run the ball 30-35 times between Ekeler and Kelley, that might not always mean huge numbers. 

Joe Mixon another avg day running ht eball, he is always a high 2nd round grab, even higher in some leagues, not much return there. Burrow ran the lone TD in from 20+ yds out. 

AJ Green still seems to be the top WR in Cinci but 5/50 could cost owners, doesn't seem like an auto start just yet. 

Both offenses seem limited right now. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread