What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 Injury Thread (1 Viewer)

On the radio: Mostert precautionary due to concerns about the turf.   :pickle:
on the radio this AM, word was that the 49ers confirmed this as a "mild MCL sprain", describing it as a tweak. They definitely left the door open for him to play next week, but I don't know if the MRI was done yet or not. 

I would plan on being without him for 1 week - it just seems smart to not push it. But if he starts, I'mma start him. 

Oof - terrible news for Sutton/Denver: 

9 News' Mike Klis reports Courtland Sutton "tore up his knee" and is out for the season. 

The Broncos feared a major injury after Sutton left their Week 2 game against the Steelers. A season-ending injury for Sutton would open up a bunch of targets in the Denver offense. Jerry Jeudy becomes a must-start in 12-team leagues if Sutton is done for 2020.

The hits keep coming: Paris Campbell out indefinitely with a  PCL injury: 

Colts WR Parris Campbell will be out "indefinitely" after injuring his PCL in the Colts' Week 2 win over the Vikings. 

As previously reported, Campbell avoided an ACL tear. The PCL damage will keep him out for a while though. Campbell has been limited to nine games and 24 receptions thanks for a never-ending string of injuries. He seemed prime to supplant T.Y. Hilton as the team's No. 2 wideout. Hilton saw five targets against the Vikings with Campbell out -- one of which was a lengthy touchdown drop. Look for Hilton to see more volume with Campbell out.

So, is this a direct result of no pre season games or is this just a turf issue or is this just random or is this an issue of the NFL going so soft on OTAs and offseason stuff, that players are not in game shape?

So, is this a direct result of no pre season games or is this just a turf issue or is this just random or is this an issue of the NFL going so soft on OTAs and offseason stuff, that players are not in game shape?
I'll go with random mostly since we should have seen a bunch of week 1 injuries if it was the other stuff.

Every report I've read said the turf in NY was abysmal, and the likely cause of several of the Niners injuries. 

Some may be lack of a preseason - injuries we'd typically see in weeks 2-3 of the preseason are popping up in weeks 1-2 of the regular season. I don't think it's a coincidence but it could be fluky as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely. I was surprised he didn't blow up his whole knee. He's likely looking at 4-6 weeks? Just a guess based on players I've had with PCL. All knee injuries are a little different. 
Great talent but he couldn't stay healthy last year and just when it looked like he was going to break out gets injured again.

Every report I've had said the turf in NY was abysmal, and the likely cause of several of the Niners injuries. 

Some may be lack of a preseason - injuries we'd typically see in weeks 2-3 of the preseason are popping up in weeks 1-2 of the regular season. I don't think it's a coincidence but it could be fluky as well. 
I saw the Shanahan quote about the field being tacky, but this stadium has been open for a while and 2 teams use it.  I don't recently remember any Jets suffering non contact injuries at home like an ACL.  Williamson tore his ACL last year, but i am too lazy to figure out where that occurred. 

I can't remember a week as bad as this in the 25 years that I've been playing. That doesn't even count all the injuries before this week started. Just brutal although not as brutal as watching my Jets play.
Adam Schefter just said on MNF there were 7 torn MCLs this weekend. 

Users who are viewing this thread