What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you identify? (Demographic poll) (1 Viewer)

How do you identify ideologically?

• Radical/far left (pro-Trump)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liberal/left of center (pro-Trump)

• Reactionary/far right (anti-Trump)

• Reactionary/far right (pro-Trump)

• Total voters
While I voted in this poll as Democrat anti trump and liberal anti trump...not sure its that accurate historically.  Id push more of a moderate left lean (not center) as Im not full liberal on a great number of things (including Trade and fiscal policy as a whole when it comes to most tax plans and the deficit).  But in today's climate...saying democrat and liberal is more accurate than any of the other options.

10 years ago...I don't think my results would have been nearly the same.  Would have been in the leaning right conservative and republican side.

I still consider myself an anti-Trump, left leaning independent despite the fact that the Democrats do far less things to annoy me.  For the first time in my life I became a registered Democrat in order to participate in this year's primary.  Normally I'm a registered Republican who prefers fiscally conservative, socially liberal candidates.  

Not everyone is pro trump or anti trump.

There is middle ground and this is what is wrong with politics.

I would never actually consider myself radical left, but with the choices presented I don't see any other choice.   I'm more solidly liberal at least in policy goals and underlying beliefs than those around me that call themselves a liberal, but it could be argued that I am more conservative (at least in traditional senses) in how I would pursue the implementation of those goals.   (Eg. Before it was called a UBI or a BIG these ideas were conservative alternatives to the welfare state.)

As for party registration I lived most of my voting life in a closed primary state where most of the time democrats won state and county wide offices but republicans since the mid 90s won local races.  So my party registration was about whether or not there was a primary contests where I had a preference and some slight delusional chance of making a difference.  It had nothing to do with whether I identified as a democrat or a republican at the moment.  I have since moved and am living in place where the GOP is going to win, but so far there has not been anything close to a competitive race where I knew enough to have a preference.  It is also a state where you get chose during the primary which line you want to be in so I'm symbolically registered as the democrat that best represents where I am and absent a change to the rules will probably stay there.

Public poll already showing why it was needed to be public...unless someone believes one of the most vocal Trump guys on the board is really a radical left anti Trump Democrat....

No, however, that would be a huge minority to not fall on one side or the other in terms of your views on him.  He's not very "middle ground"-ish.
It is higher than what you think.

13% of voters are still undecided, plus there is a fraction of republicans that will vote for him but do not support him strongly.

In your bubble everyone may be pro or anti trump, but that does not mean it is a small minority.

It is also important to note that the people who are strongly for or against a topic or person on the internet tend to be the most vocal, while those with an indifferent opinion tend not to post as much. This can skew your opinion when you read forums and comment sections.

Last edited by a moderator:
echo echo
Going off the results now?  Sure...of course, most of the actual Trump supporters that post here or those that would lean conservative and pro trump haven't actually voted yet (and one voted liberal and radical left anti trump)

I think of Libertarian more an ideology than a political alignment and can align both liberal and conservative politically.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread