What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire & FAAB Discussion prior to the Week 4 games (1 Viewer)

There should be a separate thread for weekly waiver wire pick ups for dynasty leagues, because mentioning players like Aiyuk, Higgins, and Jefferson are obviously for redraft leagues.  I believe separating the two is warranted.

Last edited by a moderator:
aggie_dave said:
Let me start this by saying I like Renfrow a lot and have him at the end of my bench, but if I’m offered anything decent for him this week, I’m taking it.

Belichek was focused on scheming to take Waller out of the game more than anyone else. That combined with Ruggs being unavailable is why Renfrow had the game he did. Though I like him, I don’t think he’ll consistently be productive moving forward. I’d love it if I’m wrong though. 
I don't know man.  It's a copy cat league.  If another HC looks at what BB did and doesn't consider it in some form, they'd be doing their team a disservice.

There should be a separate thread for weekly waiver wire pick ups for dynasty leagues, because mentioning players like Aiyuk, Higgins, and Jefferson are obviously for redraft leagues.  I believe separating the two is warranted.
Who do I have to ask to start a new thread around here?

Don’t think anyone mentioned Scotty Miller. He’s produced fairly well two out of three weeks (got banged up in the week 2 game) and now Godwin is likely to miss multiple weeks. 

If you’re throwing darts at RB in very deep leagues, Artavis Pierce supposedly impressed the Bears quite a bit and was promoted from their practice squad in the wake of the Cohen injury. 

Still think Hasty looked pretty good on the few touches he got on Sunday too. Perhaps he gets more involved should Mostert remain out. 

Don’t think anyone mentioned Scotty Miller. He’s produced fairly well two out of three weeks (got banged up in the week 2 game) and now Godwin is likely to miss multiple weeks. 

If you’re throwing darts at RB in very deep leagues, Artavis Pierce supposedly impressed the Bears quite a bit and was promoted from their practice squad in the wake of the Cohen injury. 

Still think Hasty looked pretty good on the few touches he got on Sunday too. Perhaps he gets more involved should Mostert remain out. 
Has me actually looking short term at Gronk.  Especially if I miss out on like Graham or Mo...he seems like he is getting his legs, Brady looking at him more.  And Im desperate for a little while with injuries that hit.

Hasty was put back on the practice squad
The new rules allow guys to be shuttled  down without being exposed to waivers, and four PS guys can be protected from other teams. 

He may be right back up next Sunday depending on the rest of that backfield. 

Sitting at 0-3 given injuries and players putting up bagels. 14 team league so teams are already thin in depth naturally, but Hurting at RB a little more than WR but my WRs while having talent aren't putting up numbers whatsoever.

With first waiver priority, I can't decide whether going after a stop-gap like Carlos Hyde (for the next 1-2 week window) or Jeff Wilson (who may have a 1 week window, if that), or a guy who looks like a solid target magnet like Jefferson (but with huge variance so far this year), or even playing a longer game and snatching up Lindsay for when he returns.

Sitting at 0-3 given injuries and players putting up bagels. 14 team league so teams are already thin in depth naturally, but Hurting at RB a little more than WR but my WRs while having talent aren't putting up numbers whatsoever.

With first waiver priority, I can't decide whether going after a stop-gap like Carlos Hyde (for the next 1-2 week window) or Jeff Wilson (who may have a 1 week window, if that), or a guy who looks like a solid target magnet like Jefferson (but with huge variance so far this year), or even playing a longer game and snatching up Lindsay for when he returns.
of those guys, I would jump at Jefferson after the breakout.

Just wanted to mention this guy for deeper leagues:

Artavis Pierce was called up to from PS after Tarik Cohen went on IR.  Showed a little juice at Oregon State, and was one of those UDFAs that got mentioned after the draft as being possible gems.  I actually stashed him on some taxi squads.  

Bears re-signed RB Artavis Pierce. 

Pierce will take Tarik Cohen's (knee, injured reserve) roster spot. An UDFA out of Oregon State, Pierce is capable of playing all three downs. It's an extremely thin backfield, with only Ryan Nall behind David Montgomery. Pierce should be kept on watch lists in the event of a Montgomery injury. 

Artavis Pierce was called up to from PS after Tarik Cohen went on IR.  Showed a little juice at Oregon State, and was one of those UDFAs that got mentioned after the draft as being possible gems.  I actually stashed him on some taxi squads.  
Thoughts on Cordarrelle Patterson

Thoughts on Cordarrelle Patterson
The one thing that intrigues me about Patterson is that he's listed as an WR. He's not going to get a ton of touches, but could still provide some PPR value if you're stuck at WR. (In my league, WRs get one point per carry).

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Appreciate it. This guy had 3 targets the first two games. I get that MIN will be passing, I just can't shake the feeling that this is chasing points.
Chasing points with Jefferson seems different than the standard chase. (Burkhead this week).

This kid is a high rookie draft pick just breaking onto the scene.  Not someone who has done little for years, with a sudden one week flash. 

Yeah I’ve had Pierce stashed in some deeper dynasty leagues since the offseason, interested to see if he gets any touches

Kinda where I am at.  Like he's free right now but if he gets out there and catches a few balls he will be a lot pricier next week.
Except I don’t think he will (be a lot pricier).  Unless an owner has had his head in the sand, this is Alshon’s MO.  Plays half a season and has a few good games.  Can’t imagine him getting out there and having a decent game is going to fool anyone at this stage into thinking he’s going to be anything other than what he’s been to date.  But who knows.  There are still people paying 1sts for the 4th year in a row for Sammy Watkins.  🤷🏼‍♂️

So with Fournette being dinged up, apparently Arians stated in a press conference that k Vaughn’s time is coming.

now that may mean a couple of plays or it may mean more.  But that’s enough for me to make a proactive move on waivers.  

everybody has at least one stiff on the end o& their bench (unless small rosters) and you should roll the dice

Users who are viewing this thread