What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Pickups - Heading into Week 15 (1 Viewer)

Here's one I wonder about. When NO is eliminated from playoffs - do they keep playing Dalton (prob not)? Do they go back to Winston (why)? Or does Hill become a league winner playing QB and eligible for TE?

I think they should start Hill at that point. Which means priority bench stash.
Great out-of-box thinking and certainly worth the lotto ticket if it happens.
Perhaps the "they" have changed. Idk either. Once D Pierce moves from Doubtful to Out I can then drop C kupp from the IR, place Pierce there, and pick up one more player. Taysom Hill is on that list. I mean if he did get a full start and Tua flounders against tough opponents or bad weather then there's that option down the road if Hill took the full reigns. Otherwise a TE or Flex play might work. I wonder if QB, TE position can go into the Flex, or not. Hmm

Driskol Hou - apparently in Yahoo leagues he is TE eligible
Was able to grab him off waivers to keep him away from rest of playoff teams in our Yahoo league. Have Kelce but if Driskel starts at QB I may have to start him.
Isn’t it kind of weird that Yahoo does that. Is it that they are so outdated they can’t keep up? It always seems like the rest of the fantasy world is up to date and Yahoo sticks with the position the guy played on his pee wee football team.

He's TE eligible at ESPN also.
That's weird, in my ESPN league, he is listed only as a QB. I guess it is a settings thing between leagues.

Why would they start Hill? I think they have determined that he’s not their long term answer either.

Why start Dalton? Winston? Both of those guys should be on scrap heap next year. If nothing else its a tryout for Hill for 2023 back up QB.

Not saying it will happen - but IMO it's a move worth making for the league winner potential

Why would they start Hill? I think they have determined that he’s not their long term answer either.

Why start Dalton? Winston? Both of those guys should be on scrap heap next year. If nothing else it’s a tryout for Hill for 2023 back up QB.
I would think one of Dalton or Winston is being evaluated as the back up for next year. I can’t imagine they have any intent of making Hill a full-time QB or it would have happened already.

I picked up Patterson for next year. I keep writing him off, but he keeps producing when he isn't injured. Probably will never see my starting lineup, but more a depth piece that may help.

Here's one I wonder about. When NO is eliminated from playoffs - do they keep playing Dalton (prob not)? Do they go back to Winston (why)? Or does Hill become a league winner playing QB and eligible for TE?

Great out-of-box thinking and certainly worth the lotto ticket if it happens.

Aw, I see you are falling for the ole rational coaching model fallacy.

Dennis Allen - who I am sure is a fine DC and will continue to be employed in the NFL for a long time - said a few weeks back that he won't start Jameson this year. I don't know what the logic is of painting yourself into that corner, but remember, this is a HC who thinks punting on 4th and short for "field position" is solid in game management.

As for Pete Carmichael (the OC we should be scapegoating for this disaster) has been using Ingram like he's Kamara and AK41 like he's Mark Ingram. I'm resigned to the fact that with a washed up 32 year no longer at his disposal, that idiot will probably give David Johnson a significant role this week. Two weeks ago with the season on the line, crucial 3rd and 2, he dialed up a Marquez Callaway slant.

Is somebody holding his family hostage? There has to be a logical reason he's been shaving points all year.
I don’t believe I am falling for anything lol. Like I mentioned it is a lotto type pickup meaning poor odds of occurring. However if you have room end of bench I think it is worth a shot (through injury or promotion) as that presents a huge advantage at that point.

Why start Dalton? Winston? Both of those guys should be on scrap heap next year. If nothing else it’s a tryout for Hill for 2023 back up QB.
I would think one of Dalton or Winston is being evaluated as the back up for next year. I can’t imagine they have any intent of making Hill a full-time QB or it would have happened already.
I thought I read Hill has some incentives in his contract that increases his salary dramatically if he plays QB.

I did just enough to get a bye this week so are there any good stashes for week 16/17?
With RBs going down left and right, I might consider looking for any decent handcuffs out there that could vault into a big workload if the starter got injured. Even lesser known guys like Keaontay Ingram, Josh Kelley, etc.49er
In larger leagues, Jordan Mason should be a decent play this week, especially if the 49ers jump out to a big lead. I see 15 carries coming tonight and Seattle kind of sucks against the run.

Thinking of putting him in at RB 2 over Jamaal Williams and Brian Robinson in a 14 team league. Robinson has an injury designation now and a Sunday night game. Nobody on the wire to cover me if he is a no go.

I did just enough to get a bye this week so are there any good stashes for week 16/17?
With RBs going down left and right, I might consider looking for any decent handcuffs out there that could vault into a big workload if the starter got injured. Even lesser known guys like Keaontay Ingram, Josh Kelley, etc.49er
In larger leagues, Jordan Mason should be a decent play this week, especially if the 49ers jump out to a big lead. I see 15 carries coming tonight and Seattle kind of sucks against the run.

Thinking of putting him in at RB 2 over Jamaal Williams and Brian Robinson in a 14 team league. Robinson has an injury designation now and a Sunday night game. Nobody on the wire to cover me if he is a no go.
I’m always cautious about trying to predict game scripts. Just look at Dallas vs Houston on Sunday - figured Pollard would have a ton of touches as they ran the ball ad nauseam. Wound up with only 14 touches, but if he didn’t score on two of them, it would have been pretty pedestrian.

I was going to say this is nuts but Mason's TD prop at one site is +140, which is pretty good. And Carolina ran it about a million times @ Seattle last week.

Brandin Cooks and Nico Collins are not expected to play this weekend, so Chris Moore could be a decent option if he wasn’t picked up yet

He's my starting TE for this reason.

Not to mention, he's playing against a couple of teams that are soft against RBs. He might have another ceiling game on the horizon.

Not to mention, he's playing against a couple of teams that are soft against RBs. He might have another ceiling game on the horizon.
Add in no Juwan Johnson or Ingram and he should get a few more touches.

I was going to say this is nuts but Mason's TD prop at one site is +140, which is pretty good. And Carolina ran it about a million times @ Seattle last week.
It is nuts to start him in the playoffs, but Williams, Robinson and Carter are my other options. Thought one of those would be an OK #2 RB. Robinson will be if he plays but Sunday night

Add in no Juwan Johnson or Ingram and he should get a few more touches.

fyi - Juwan practiced; LP so not out of the woods yet

Brandin Cooks and Nico Collins are not expected to play this weekend, so Chris Moore could be a decent option if he wasn’t picked up yet

Cooks practiced today though

You are correct as the news changed quickly on his status:

Click2Houston's Aaron Wilson reports Brandin Cooks (calf) "isn't expected to play" in Week 15 against the Chiefs.​

At this point, it would be surprising to see Cooks return at all in 2022. In addition to dealing with an injury that has sidelined him the last two weeks, Cooks was noticeably disgruntled with the Texans after the team failed to trade him at the deadline in early November. We won't completely rule out a return for Cooks this season, but it seems unlikely at this point.
SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Dec 15, 2022, 8:53 AM ET

Brandin Cooks (calf) practiced on Thursday.​

It was previously reported by Click2Houston's Aaron Wilson that Cooks "isn't expected to play" in Week 15 against the Chiefs after the veteran receiver was a DNP on Wednesday. It's still possible Cooks could miss Week 15, but he practiced in some capacity on Thursday and appeared to be sporting full pads in team drills. Now that he's returned to the field, Cooks' situation will be one to monitor in the coming days. If active, he'd have some low-end WR2 appeal against the Chiefs.
Dec 15, 2022, 10:49 AM ET

Cooks practiced today though

You are correct as the news changed quickly on his status:

Click2Houston's Aaron Wilson reports Brandin Cooks (calf) "isn't expected to play" in Week 15 against the Chiefs.​

At this point, it would be surprising to see Cooks return at all in 2022. In addition to dealing with an injury that has sidelined him the last two weeks, Cooks was noticeably disgruntled with the Texans after the team failed to trade him at the deadline in early November. We won't completely rule out a return for Cooks this season, but it seems unlikely at this point.
SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Dec 15, 2022, 8:53 AM ET

Brandin Cooks (calf) practiced on Thursday.​

It was previously reported by Click2Houston's Aaron Wilson that Cooks "isn't expected to play" in Week 15 against the Chiefs after the veteran receiver was a DNP on Wednesday. It's still possible Cooks could miss Week 15, but he practiced in some capacity on Thursday and appeared to be sporting full pads in team drills. Now that he's returned to the field, Cooks' situation will be one to monitor in the coming days. If active, he'd have some low-end WR2 appeal against the Chiefs.
Dec 15, 2022, 10:49 AM ET
Too many cooks in the Twitter kitchen.

who are you starting him over? i got shultz.

who are you starting him over? i got shultz.
Over the waiver wire. So bellinger, Tonyan, Cotton, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread