What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arch Manning (Cooper's son) 2026 Draft Elgible (1 Viewer)

Penguin

Footballguy
Arch Manning is a 6'3" 195 pd sophomore at Isadore Newman high school and son of Cooper Manning.

Freshman year he led I-N to a 9-2 record and threw for over 2400 yards with a 34/6 TD to INT ratio.

Week one of his sophomore year he threw for 5 TD's and ran for a 6th.

Week two he threw for two and ran in another two.

Start acquiring 2026 1st's

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched about a half of that game last night.  (Traveling will do that to you!!)  Those kids were damn big for HS man.  Some D1 commits there looked pretty damn good.

The 15 year old phenom has led Isadore Newman to a 7-0 start with 18 TD passes and 9 rushing TD's so far in his sophomore season.

The 8-0 regular season was capped off Friday with a 31-8 victory over South Plaquemines. Manning, who is the top pro-style passer in his class according to 247Sports, had 22 touchdown passes and nine rushing touchdowns during the campaign.

Congratulations to the Newman football team and their top seed in the LHSAA state football playoffs. Their hard work and the undefeated season gets them a first round bye and a quarterfinal matchup at home December 4th at 7pm.

According to USA Today, Arch Manning is slated to visit five schools next month: Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Southern Methodist and Texas. But Cooper Manning says North Carolina could be in line for a visit down the road.

“He’s especially interested in doing a Stanford-USC swing and a Notre Dame-Ohio State swing,” Cooper Manning said. “It might be hard to get it all done in June, but he’s been enjoying talking to those guys as well. On the heels of that, I think there will be a time he wants to see Virginia and North Carolina, too.”

USA Today reports Arch Manning is “the No. 1 class of 2023 recruit in Louisiana, the No. 1 pro-style quarterback in his class and the No. 3 overall recruit in his class, per 247Sports composite rankings.”

He’s not the best QB in the state.  Howard Walker (2022) is and you can bookmark this.  Walker will be an Uber stud.  

According to USA Today, Arch Manning is slated to visit five schools next month: Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Southern Methodist and Texas. But Cooper Manning says North Carolina could be in line for a visit down the road.

“He’s especially interested in doing a Stanford-USC swing and a Notre Dame-Ohio State swing,” Cooper Manning said. “It might be hard to get it all done in June, but he’s been enjoying talking to those guys as well. On the heels of that, I think there will be a time he wants to see Virginia and North Carolina, too.”

USA Today reports Arch Manning is “the No. 1 class of 2023 recruit in Louisiana, the No. 1 pro-style quarterback in his class and the No. 3 overall recruit in his class, per 247Sports composite rankings.”
The only reason he's currently ranked above Malachi Nelson is the name

Peyton's son Marshall also is worth taking a look at.  He's only 10, but he's in the 95th percentile in height and already stands tall in the pocket when facing blitzes from 11 year olds.

Was going to say I'm really surprised he broke the SEC tradition in the family but then remembered he'll get 1-2 years of SEC ball assuming he remains in Texas

Poor football decision IMHO...I'm sure the NIL money is ridiculous.
If anyone did not need the NIL money it would be him but loosely regarding his decision is it's impact on Quinn Ewers. This might be a situation were NIL money goes wrong for a guy.  Good chance Ewers could end up being second string in college to two different QB's who go 1.1 or as top QB's in their draft class and it's mainly a result of chasing NIL money.

Poor football decision IMHO...I'm sure the NIL money is ridiculous.
He and his family like Sark a lot, which this signing will only help stay secure...there's also a major OL/WR/Offensive Gameplan angle, which this signing will only help build.

If anyone did not need the NIL money it would be him but loosely regarding his decision is it's impact on Quinn Ewers. This might be a situation were NIL money goes wrong for a guy.  Good chance Ewers could end up being second string in college to two different QB's who go 1.1 or as top QB's in their draft class and it's mainly a result of chasing NIL money.
Rumor is manning will redshirt. 

What does tanking in 2025 (to secure the #1 in 2026) look like?  Like, if that's what you want to do, what would you do in 2022-2024 to put yourself in that position? 

Trade pics now for future pics, keeping roster talent low? Bad FA signings?  Bad coach?  Bad contracts?

What does tanking in 2025 (to secure the #1 in 2026) look like?  Like, if that's what you want to do, what would you do in 2022-2024 to put yourself in that position? 

Trade pics now for future pics, keeping roster talent low? Bad FA signings?  Bad coach?  Bad contracts?
Go all in for 2022-2024, push cap space to 2025. Starts to sound like the Rams. 

I wouldn't be chomping at the bit in start 1QB leagues, but in SF I can see people getting excited.  Let's not forget how we felt about Trevor Lawrence, and may still do, but QBs are so volatile when it comes to fantasy.

The Cleveland Browns already have begun the most diabolical tanking a professional sports team has ever done, hopefully Arch Manning will pay off for them.

He and his family like Sark a lot, which this signing will only help stay secure...there's also a major OL/WR/Offensive Gameplan angle, which this signing will only help build.
Could you please expand on this, vs. the schools he passed on?  I'm interested.

Could you please expand on this, vs. the schools he passed on?  I'm interested.
NFL development is a Manning family priority...so OL/WR/Gameplan are a big part of the equation. Which got to the Final 3. Obviously no one beats Bama from a development standpoint overall or even with QBs these days, but I think Texas showed the Mannings the Gameplan they wanted with Offensive Leadership they know and trust...with also likely a promise that the WR/OL aspect is a recruiting priority and will explode driven by Manning's signing. That probably combined with comfort on campus, other likely signees, and other personal connectivity. I'm sure the NIL was big too, but not unique.

ETA:  https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Arch-Manning-to-Texas-Longhorns-fallout-after-unprecedented-recruiting-weekend-momentous-189289497/

Like Eli to the Chargers kind of thing? Sounds promising...

So I am not a big high school recruiting guy but I followed this story last week.  I went to youtube and watched his highlights and could someone please tell me what I am missing here?  The bulk of his plays just looks like he either is A)one of the biggest kids on the field and steps away from pressure to sling the ball or B)Just throws it 50 yards downfield to his wideout that is faster then the corner.  Not denying he has a strong arm and isnt big and fast but the #1 overall player that people are going nuts for?  I dont get it but then again I dont really follow hs recruiting.

So I am not a big high school recruiting guy but I followed this story last week.  I went to youtube and watched his highlights and could someone please tell me what I am missing here?  The bulk of his plays just looks like he either is A)one of the biggest kids on the field and steps away from pressure to sling the ball or B)Just throws it 50 yards downfield to his wideout that is faster then the corner.  Not denying he has a strong arm and isnt big and fast but the #1 overall player that people are going nuts for?  I dont get it but then again I dont really follow hs recruiting.

Like you, I dont know anything about HS players. He is #1 in every place I looked. I read a comparable was Andrew Luck. 

In addition to possessing all the physical tools desired at the quarterback position, Manning plays the game with exceptional intuition and awareness, showing the ability to command and navigate the game at a very high level.

Like you, I dont know anything about HS players. He is #1 in every place I looked. I read a comparable was Andrew Luck. 

In addition to possessing all the physical tools desired at the quarterback position, Manning plays the game with exceptional intuition and awareness, showing the ability to command and navigate the game at a very high level.
I guess that makes sense but it looks like he throws a bunch of interceptions and his teams dont win all that much

The last 3 years, 99Tds (total) and 17 INTs. 25-6 record. State Semi-finals the past two years. 🤷‍♂️
oops, I read his record wrong.  I thought it said he was 21-9.  I added his last season 2x.   Again not saying he isnt good and he clearly is if all the rankings have him 1 but I just needed some clarity as to why he is 1. 

The 10 highest-rated QB recruits in modern history (using 247's Composite system):

• T1 Arch Manning '23 - 1.0000
  • T1 Vince Young '02 - 1.0000
  • T1 Quinn Ewers '21 - 1.0000
  • 4 Trevor Lawrence ' 18 - .9999
  • T5 Justin Fields '18 - .9998
  • T5 Brock Berlin '00 - .9998
  • 7 Terrell Pryor ' 07 - .9997
  • 8 Bryce Young '20 - .9994
  • 9 Matt Barkley ' 09 - .9993
  • 10 Jimmy Clausen '07 - .9988

Cjw_55106 said:

On the last Andy staples podcast they talked in depth about arch’s game and his ranking.   They speculated that his ranking may be bloated due to the mystique of him.  He doesn’t do social media.  He doesn’t talk to the media. He doesn’t do the elite 11 camps and he doesn’t do workouts.   They suspect his infrastructure of his family and the built in knowledge of that leads a lot of scouts to push him higher.  

On the last Andy staples podcast they talked in depth about arch’s game and his ranking.   They speculated that his ranking may be bloated due to the mystique of him.  He doesn’t do social media.  He doesn’t talk to the media. He doesn’t do the elite 11 camps and he doesn’t do workouts.   They suspect his infrastructure of his family and the built in knowledge of that leads a lot of scouts to push him higher.  
Thats fine. I'm sure the top 10-20 prospects are pretty interchangeable as far as specific ranking. 

What does tanking in 2025 (to secure the #1 in 2026) look like? Like, if that's what you want to do, what would you do in 2022-2024 to put yourself in that position?

Trade pics now for future pics, keeping roster talent low? Bad FA signings? Bad coach? Bad contracts?
Lol...as a Bronco fan, I think we are finding out.

Users who are viewing this thread