What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (5 Viewers)

The thing with Genrepalooza was that drafters nominated the categories so it became important that each category was eventually selected.  This format with its predetermined stations doesn't really have that requirement.

Maybe we should just keep the long list of stations, roll 4-5 of them every two rounds and just draft for a set number of rounds (or until we're exhausted).  If a station never gets rolled, so be it.  In fact, if Margaritaville never comes up, it will restore my faith in God's plan.  Of course since it's 2020, Margaritaville will get rolled three times this week alone.

All the channels in, 4 channels every two rounds, draft over when every category hits once?  
Sounds good.

Only thing I might suggest is a way to expedite the "every round hits once" thing. That could mean categories are capped at a certain number of appearances, and then retired. That could mean a hard limit on the number of rounds. I'm sure there are other idea.

It's basically Genrepalooza rules with twice as many categories and 4/3rds the number of open categories per pair of rounds.  My very rough estimate is this will go 70-80 rounds which is fine if we can keep the plates spinning that long.

It's basically Genrepalooza rules with twice as many categories and 4/3rds the number of open categories per pair of rounds.  My very rough estimate is this will go 70-80 rounds which is fine if we can keep the plates spinning that long.
I was able to get a new friend through the screening process here lately.. just in case. 

Is it much different than Fly?
I have no idea, I only had sat radio for a free 6-month trial when I bought my car in 2012.  I pretty much only listened to Shade45, Backspin (old school hi-hop channel which appears to be defunct now), BPM, and Chill (which I can't help but notice you killed).

I have no idea, I only had sat radio for a free 6-month trial when I bought my car in 2012.  I pretty much only listened to Shade45, Backspin (old school hi-hop channel which appears to be defunct now), BPM, and Chill (which I can't help but notice you killed).
I brought back all the ones initially chopped. As a result we'll still be drafting next summer but.. :shrug:

I put all the names in a randomizer here: I then moved Ilov80s to the turn per his request. I think Binky is in? I'll add others in front of 80s

Draft order is:

Karma Police

mphtrilogy

Yo Mama

Pip's Invitation

Hov34

Raging Weasel

Dr. Octopus

simey

Buffaloes

Zamboni

Mrs. Rannous

Eephus

Abrantes

Northern Voice

krista4/rockaction

Doug B

Binky the Doormat

Ilov80s

----

Last edited by a moderator:
As a man of the people, I'll add Prince channel, Comedy, outlaw country and Shade 45.

57 channels.

4 every two rounds.

When a channel comes up 3 times it's out. 

I haven't mathed any of this. 
FYI the rules in the first post are a mishmash of this and the initial ones. Might want to replace references to "three categories" with "four categories" so people don't get confused. 

Globalization is technically Pitbull's channel so it's usually fairly dance heavy but for our purposes, hits from around the globe is nice and broad I think.

Pitbull's Globalization Radio is a Sirius XM Radio station playing current rhythmic/dance hits from around the globe. The channel, which is co-owned by American entertainer Pitbull and named after his 2014 album Globalization, was launched on 19 May 2015.[1][2]

I did update, try refreshing?
Still seeing a reference to three.

For odd/even rounds beginning with round 1/2 we'll roll nerd dice to randomly select FOUR genres from the ones selected. Drafters can choose songs only from those FOUR genres during the upcoming two rounds.  Doubling down on one of the three categories is acceptable.  For example, if punk rock, metal, R&B and country were the randomly selected categories for rounds 1 & 2, I could only draft songs fitting those genres but could pick two country tracks if I wanted to. 

Outside of 7AM-4PM EST, I'm sporadically online, so feel free to skip me if my turn comes up and I'm not in the thread. 

Globalization is technically Pitbull's channel so it's usually fairly dance heavy but for our purposes, hits from around the globe is nice and broad I think.

Pitbull's Globalization Radio is a Sirius XM Radio station playing current rhythmic/dance hits from around the globe. The channel, which is co-owned by American entertainer Pitbull and named after his 2014 album Globalization, was launched on 19 May 2015.[1][2]
:X

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread