What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (3 Viewers)

Cross my heart. Not only do I promise no mean tweets from Biden, I promise he won't write any of his empty but coherent platitudes himself. We should probably take this to the Biden Accomplishments thread. It needs all the help it can get.
I was talking about the immigration. 

Cross my heart. Not only do I promise no mean tweets from Biden, I promise he won't write any of his empty but coherent platitudes himself. We should probably take this to the Biden Accomplishments thread. It needs all the help it can get.
I was talking about the immigration. 
:lmao:  My bad. 

But yes, we can also move the inevitable increase in illegal immigration to the anemic Biden Accomplishment thread.

The Iowa State Canvassing Board certified the results in the House election for Iowa Dist. 2 today.  After a recount, Mariannette Miller-Meeks defeated Rita Hart by 6 votes.   Prior to the recount, the difference was 47 votes.

District 2

100% Reporting

Mariannette Miller-Meeks (R)   196,964  50.0%

Rita Hart (D)   196,958  50.0%
Don't call her a puppet!!

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Alabama) plans to challenge Electoral Votes for Biden when Congress meets to certify the election:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1334144451762032641

He'll need a Senator to co-sponsor the challenge(s) in order to get it before Congress, then he'd need a majority approval from both the House and the Senate to nullify the votes.

This isn't the first time that rogue members of Congress have attempted to block electoral votes. Several Democrats tried to block Florida's Electoral Votes in 2001, and there were also attempts to block Trump's Electoral Votes in 2017, but in both cases they failed to get a single Senator willing to co-sponsor the challenge.

Obviously, Brooks' scheme won't succeed for this election, but it is the blueprint for overturning future elections.

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Alabama) plans to challenge Electoral Votes for Biden when Congress meets to certify the election:

He'll need a Senator to co-sponsor the challenge(s) in order to get it before Congress, then he'd need a majority approval from both the House and the Senate to nullify the votes.

This isn't the first time that rogue members of Congress have attempted to block electoral votes. Several Democrats tried to block Florida's Electoral Votes in 2001, and there were also attempts to block Trump's Electoral Votes in 2017, but in both cases they failed to get a single Senator willing to co-sponsor the challenge.

Obviously, Brooks' scheme won't succeed for this election, but it is the blueprint for overturning future elections.
I hope he keeps going, gets another supporter and puts it to a vote.  Put R politicians on records for 2022 and 2024.  

Is it that pat? Because if that's all that's needed ... anytime one party controls both houses, they can always block an opposing party's candidate from winning the Presidency. That doesn't seem right ... seems like something is missing from the equation. @Yankee23Fan?

I hope he keeps going, gets another supporter and puts it to a vote.  Put R politicians on records for 2022 and 2024.  
Yeah - while I'm not totally surprised that McConnell has let this go on as long as he has (especially given the GA runoffs) - I see there being almost no shot of that happening.  But Trump has a weird hold over the GOP right now as they need the coalition he's built to remain on an even footing with the DNC.  If they piss Trump off enough to go 3rd party then they are really in trouble.

Bamboo Bill said:
THE CARAVANS ARE LINING UP RIGHT NOW ACROSS CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA.
This is my favorite aspect of this entire sham of a Presidency.  There is, at all times, caravans of people coming from Central and South America.  Been happening for decades and is happening today.  There's a group of 200ish on their way right now, yet :crickets:   

Weird how that works.

Yeah - while I'm not totally surprised that McConnell has let this go on as long as he has (especially given the GA runoffs) - I see there being almost no shot of that happening.  But Trump has a weird hold over the GOP right now as they need the coalition he's built to remain on an even footing with the DNC.  If they piss Trump off enough to go 3rd party then they are really in trouble.
None of it will matter.  The people saying they are willing to die defending the Constitution only really care about what's important to them with the 2A being the top of the list.  The rest of the document(s) means nothing to them.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Copied and pasted a quick snippet of the rolling comments....LOLOLOLOL

///////////////////////////////////////////////

22Vanilla LatteGood idea!!

James Moorestraight jacket for Sidney

Fernando LavinBiden to jail; Trump to the White House!!!

brock samsonVOTER ID HELL YAH

Steady ManosI was given a sharpie to fill my ballot, I want to be counted!

antonio sirianithis is the time to pray for trump I believe in prayer in Jesus name god bless him I am not american I love him very much god bless him in Jesus name for ever and ever amin

ROCKABILLY GUITARREVOTE AMERICA

Therapissedno way that could go wrong

David JohnsonGeorgia's governor is a shill

cemd105Inspect the software!!!!

Crazy Chopsticktrump 202020202020202020202020202020202020202202020202020202020202202020202020202002002

john edwardswe don't need paper ballots we can do it safely over blockchain

sheri ciancagliniMy vote was stolen

President-Elect MichaelPatriotic Canadians will always support their American neighbors and allies!

Rhonda MelanconVernon Jones is, indeed, a Democrat.

Tyler FrohlichYup

Susan Wilson

JJ KoesterHear! Hear! If you think there was fraud, don't vote!!!!

N Bforget thumbprint

Condy EckerleThumbprint! Like an iPhone

Ed BradleyNOT VOTING WILL MAKE THE SENATE GO DEMOCRATIC

Haif machines are rigged why hand recount didn't change???

Shell Haddockif you boycott, the dem will win by default. please vote

Mike RoganShe’s right

Roelfiena de VreugdStop the steal ! Trump for President ! we stand with you from the Netherlands

mary corbingo Sydney

A-10 WarthogSidney Powell would make a great woman vice president who didn't "sleep" her way to the top

Rochelle OdomIs HashSmoker from China?

Angela RaeI LOVE SIDNEY & LIN!!!!!

CrisSIDNEYYYYY 

Gregory Brinkley@redpillawakenening .. no that’s Vernon Jones

ROCKABILLY GUITARREVOTA AMERICA REVOTE AMERICA

SaskiaYES Tigerwoman Sidney ! Holland for Trump !

JG Crypto Evangelistdominion is software from belgrade serbia check on the internet

Rhonda MelanconBut Vernon Jones is an ENLIGHTENED Democrat.

Dina YandoCanada votes by hand counts

Diana Roeslingmust be done by hand, with both parties present to watch!!

AnnPhilRegards from Germany. I am not proud of my country anymore but we support Trump as well. ️

Jenny Brewbring the evidence

Max SpeedANTIFA AND BLM WORKED THE POLLS. MUST BE LEGIT LOL

amir sFinland For Donald Trump, Gen. Flynn, Sidney Powell and Lin Wood!! 

Caroline -send biden to china forever

mxosixxthYaaaaaasssss

Tony Gomes" V O I D " THE FRAUD......THERE WAS NO "ELECTION"

Jean SweenyAbsolutely Unacceptable

Red Pill AwakeningWE USE DOMINION AND SMARTMATIC SOFTWARE IN BELGIUM AND FOR THE EUROPEAN PARLEMENT!

sheri ciancagliniVoter ID is NOT racist. It’s common sense

Fernando Lavin4 more years :TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!

Caroline ONEW JERSEY, NEW YORK - STOLEN STATES

Tyler FrohlichSomeone shout to water-mark the ballots

Condy EckerleThis is not going away!

There are so many things to love in the unhinged speech yesterday.

They weren't allowed to be present, in fact they weren't even allowed in the same room, they were thrown out of the building and they looked from outside in, but they had no way of even seeing because they had no windows and the windows that were there were boarded up.
The boarded up part is what just had me rofl.  I mean this is to say the charts he used aren't also freaking hilarious.  

• Sad
Reactions: JAA

The boarded up part is what just had me rofl.  I mean this is to say the charts he used aren't also freaking hilarious.  
Sure...I guess its rofl at this point...but not so sure.  Because he was just repeating lies that his lawyers have admitted in court didn't actually happen.  And there are still likely millions that believe him and are pushing these completely false narratives.  To me...it isn't funny any longer...its sad for our country.

Sure...I guess its rofl at this point...but not so sure.  Because he was just repeating lies that his lawyers have admitted in court didn't actually happen.  And there are still likely millions that believe him and are pushing these completely false narratives.  To me...it isn't funny any longer...its sad for our country.
Even sadder will be the next four years of nonstop 2024 campaigning and repeated potshots against a Biden administration which will be hamstrung by an obstinate Senate, leading to another potential Trump presidency and a potential "red wave" in 2022.

Even sadder will be the next four years of nonstop 2024 campaigning and repeated potshots against a Biden administration which will be hamstrung by an obstinate Senate, leading to another potential Trump presidency and a potential "red wave" in 2022.
Palpatine, Voldemort, Sauron....those three tried to come back after some time off.  This will be no different.  The Good Guys will win here too.....

Yeah...all based on misinformation and lies pushed mostly by one man

They weren't allowed to be present, in fact they weren't even allowed in the same room, they were thrown out of the building and they looked from outside in, but they had no way of even seeing because they had no windows and the windows that were there were boarded up.
That speech was bonkers. Trump was as close to tears as I've ever seen him. It was 46 minutes of pure, unfiltered primal therapy.

I can't imagine any conservative defending that speech, let alone being proud of it.

CletiusMaximus said:
NY certified its results today, putting Biden's lead in the popular vote over 7mil.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1334621442751799297
I think it was @fatguyinalittlecoat that said someone like Bezos should create cities in some red states to have folks move to. If you spread some portion of that 7 million out in other states it would be extremely tough on the GOP to win the WH again.  Then the debates about the EC won’t  matter.

Been absolutely hilarious watching the "Kraken" stuff and watching her just fail on 4 occasions, gloriously.  Now all the hopes are pinned on a legit felon in Texas suing other states, lol.

culdeus said:
Been absolutely hilarious watching the "Kraken" stuff and watching her just fail on 4 occasions, gloriously.  Now all the hopes are pinned on a legit felon in Texas suing other states, lol.
The other day I was wondering if the new Seattle NHL team is going to have to change their name after all this. I feel like the brand is tainted.

The complaint is riddled with ridiculous attempts to substitute funny math for actual analysis – as in its allegation that the ‘probability of former Vice President Biden winning the popular vote in the four Defendant States . . . independently given President Trump’s early lead in those States as of 3 a.m. on November 4, 2020, is less than one in a quadrillion,’ and that the odds of ‘that event happening [in all four States collectively] decrease to less than one in a quadrillion to the fourth power.
I love it that they just threw a power of four over the odds as if every vote was an out in poker.

I mean it's just glorious that someone finally read the constitution and found they could shortcut the judicial process by having states sue states and decided to base the claim that because at 9pm on election night Trump showed a lead they should have stopped counting.  

Basically.  

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/no-the-u-s-supreme-court-has-not-agreed-to-hear-texas-lawsuit-challenging-swing-state-election-results/
Is that even what they are arguing?  I thought it was because only State legislatures can modify election laws, and CLEARLY laws were modified by the Governor and others - NOT the legislatures.

Is that even what they are arguing?  I thought it was because only State legislatures can modify election laws, and CLEARLY laws were modified by the Governor and others - NOT the legislatures.
Read the article.  I'm just quoting the funny parts.   

So you are saying THIS was illegal?......

"Texas governor shuts down drop-off sites for early mail votes

The Republican governor of Texas on Thursday said each county in the state will be limited to a single site for dropping off absentee ballots, drawing condemnation from Democrats and voting rights advocates.

Governor Greg Abbott’s order will close more than a dozen satellite locations in at least two counties: Harris, which includes Houston, had opened 12 sites to collect early mail ballots, while Travis, which includes Austin, had four.

For voters who want to return absentee ballots in person rather than by mail, the changes mean some will have to travel greater distances to cast their votes in the Nov. 3 election.

“This is blatant voter suppression,” said Anthony Gutierrez, executive director of Common Cause Texas, a voting rights group.

The state is a longtime Republican stronghold but this year President Donald Trump and his Democratic challenger Joe Biden are fighting what could be a tight race to win Texas’s electoral votes.

Abbot said the order was aimed at preventing election fraud.

“These enhanced security protocols will ensure greater transparency and will help stop attempts at illegal voting,” he said in a statement.

The fight between Republicans and Democrats over absentee ballots has become a defining issue of the 2020 election. Absentee voting is expected to surge due to the coronavirus pandemic. Without citing evidence, Trump and his Republican allies have warned absentee voting is rife with fraud.

Texas is one of the few U.S. states that limits who can request absentee ballots: only voters who are over the age of 65, have a disability, are confined to a jail or will be out of town on Election Day can vote by mail.

Earlier this year, both the state Supreme Court and a federal appeals court rejected efforts to extend mail voting to all Texans amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Abbott issued an order in July allowing voters to submit mail ballots in advance, rather than only on Election Day, and extending early voting by several days. Thursday’s proclamation modified that order.

The Harris county clerk, Chris Hollins, said the change will create “widespread confusion,” noting that multiple locations have been advertised for weeks.

“To force hundreds of thousands of seniors and voters with disabilities to use a single drop-off location in a county that stretches over nearly 2,000 square miles is prejudicial and dangerous,” Hollins said.

Hollins has previously clashed with the state’s Republican attorney general, Ken Paxton, who successfully petitioned the state Supreme Court to block Hollins’ effort to mail absentee ballot applications to all voters.

The decision drew immediate criticism from the chairman of the state Democratic Party, Gilberto Hinojosa, that Abbott was changing the rules at the last minute.

“Governor Abbott and Texas Republicans are scared,” he said in a statement. “We are creating a movement that will beat them at the ballot box on Nov. 3, and there’s nothing these cheaters can do about it.”

Thanks largely to Houston, Harris County is a Democratic stronghold."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-texas/texas-governor-shuts-down-drop-off-sites-for-early-mail-votes-idUSKBN26M7BX

Arizona AG asked the SC to rule against four states against a premise he argued against just a few days prior.   It's awesome. 

Users who are viewing this thread