What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett (1 Viewer)

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

VF reports W.H. advisers are worried more damaging info about Kavanaugh could come out. Two sources heard rumors Ford's account could be verified by women who say she told it to them contemporaneously. One source says Ivanka told Trump to drop Kavanaugh.

:popcorn:
You need to quit plagiarizing. You know that is not your original thought. 

“it’s premature to talk about a hearing on Monday. She’s dealing with threats to her family. If they care about doing the right thing they will investigate and she will cooperate with the committtee. There’s no reason to have a hearing on Monday. This is not a game.” 

Dr. Ford’s attorney has sent a letter to Grassley- she has been the subject of death threats and harassment. She will NOT appear until there is an FBI investigation has been completed. 
Well, that’s over then.
Right because Trump says the FBI doesn't do that.  Possibly confused with Federal Boobie Inspectors but definitely a piece of garbage. 

“For the last 48 hours she has been deflecting death threats and harassment and looking for a place to sleep at night for her family. She hasn’t had any time to concentrate on a public hearing. She’s more than willing to talk to the committee. But nothing of substance can happen by Monday.” 

I have a young daughter and I can't shake putting myself in the position of Dr Ford's parents.  I can't imagine what it's like to be a parent of someone going through what she's going through.  It damn near makes me want to cry.  How anyone is defending the GOP here with daughters (or sons for that matter) is beyond me.  I simply do not get it.
You don't get it, now there is a surprise. Your post damn near want to make me puke.

“it’s premature to talk about a hearing on Monday. She’s dealing with threats to her family. If they care about doing the right thing they will investigate and she will cooperate with the committtee. There’s no reason to have a hearing on Monday. This is not a game.” 
Damn you would think she is a republican. She can thank Feinstein for this. Her life is not hers anymore. 

She should not e allowed to go to a restaurant, go shopping, if seen in public should be confronted, oh wait that is just for Trump women, sorry.

It is her choice as to whether to show up. Same think for Kavanaugh.

Not required.

Ever heard ok Skype?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like instead of using this fact to minimize death threats from Republicans toward the person Kavanaugh is accused of trying to rape, we should take them all seriously. 
Just the ones against her or all the hundreds of thousands death threats on the internet.  Everyone claims death threats.  

This doesn't ####### matter. We don't want people who try to rape women on the Supreme Court. Regardless of their political leaning. 
You’re overreaching.  All we can say right now is that we don’t want people who try to rape 15-year-old girls.  

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/09/18/feinstein-on-kavanaugh-accuser-i-dont-know-if-shes-being-truthful-n2520256

Feinstein On Kavanaugh Accuser: 'I Can't Say That Everything Is Truthful'

Now, after all of this, Feinstein isn’t sure if Ford is being totally truthful. From Fox News’ Chad Pergram, Feinstein said, that Ford “is a woman that has been, I think, profoundly impacted, on this…I can't say that everything is truthful. I don't know."

The accusation is so old and cannot be truly verified. And that’s the point. It’s the doubt, the lingering cloud of controversy to smear Kavanaugh. Even if Kavanaugh is confirmed, he’s going to be tainted. If you can’t beat him, hobble him. It’s appalling. And no doubt Democrats also want to try and block him, using this controversy to drum up anti-Trump hate, get their base motivated for the 2018 elections, and hopefully, have a better position on the Hill next Congress to further muck things up for Kavanaugh and Senate Republicans. 

Hatch said the hearing will happen whether Ford shows up or not. What a joke that would be. I can’t imagine it happening- if it does it’s another disaster for them. 

Even if Kavanaugh is confirmed, he’s going to be tainted.
What does that even mean?

Any opinions he writes will carry an asterisk?  Will his votes on the SC be tainted - i.e. nobody will want to vote with him?

How, exactly, will he be "tainted" if he is confirmed? 

This doesn't ####### matter. We don't want people who try to rape women on the Supreme Court. Regardless of their political leaning. 
The only mitigating facts are he was a kid and he did not actual rape her and it is his word against her.  She is credible, but with her seemingly political motivation she may have embellished details and emotions for political impact.   It has been 35 years, memories are not reliable. 

Hatch said the hearing will happen whether Ford shows up or not. What a joke that would be. I can’t imagine it happening- if it does it’s another disaster for them. 
If one party testifies under oath (which is what people in this thread were arguing for a few days ago) and the other party refuses to, that's it.  If that's how this plays out -- and I seriously doubt it will since the pendulum just swung dramatically in the past couple of hours and can swing back just as fast -- this will go down as one of the strangest nominations in history.

You don’t.  I don’t.  Millions of others don’t.  But there are millions willing to look the other way if it means more restrictions on abortions, tighter regulations on voting rights, and the end of the Mueller investigation.  If an attempted rape of some liberal elite is collateral damage towards that goal, so be it.  

Users who are viewing this thread