What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett (1 Viewer)

Matthias said:
So today we've had the Trump supporters in here  sanctioning sexual assault and death threats.

Quality.
You might think we are Democrats or Maxine Watters, or HRC, Julie Chen or 90% of Hollywood.

Natasha Bertrand‏Verified account @NatashaBertrand 12m12 minutes ago

Wow. Blasey Ford says that Grassley scheduled the public hearing expecting her to testify “at the same table” as Kavanaugh. At the same table as the man she says once tried to rape her.

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1042207015970529280
Its funny (and by funny, I mean sad), but when I first heard about this hearing, I thought that was what the GOP was trying to set up, but then figured even they were not that dumb.

If the statute of limitations has passed what does the FBI have to do with it?  That's what I'm trying to figure out why she wants them to do an investigation.  Of what?
:shrug:

I would think an investigation by people trained to be investigators would be preferable to a political ####-show where everyone is simply trying their best to grandstand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that what the senate was going to do - minus asking all the witnesses questions?
They were going to listen to their testimony and decide whether or not to investigate.  I imagine Kavanaugh will still testify and then they will make a decision.

No. Her attorney made it clear that she WILL testify. But Monday is too soon, and she wants an FBI investigation first. 
Investigate a 36 year old crime, for which there was no police report, evidence of kind and Kavanaugh had passed 6 FBI investigations.

Hatch said the hearing will happen whether Ford shows up or not. What a joke that would be. I can’t imagine it happening- if it does it’s another disaster for them. 
Neither one is required to show up. Kavanaugh will, he I anxious to confront these allegations. 

Why wouldn’t Ford just decide to do an interview with Oprah or Megyn Kelly or someone? Take things right to the American people. That might be more effective for her.

@IvanKaramazov, does this seem reasonable to you?
While we're on the topic, you were one of the folks who wanted Kavanaugh to testify under oath as of a few days ago.  If he does, and Ford doesn't, does that alter your view on this particular incident?  You're free to say that he shouldn't be confirmed on other grounds of course, but I'm curious to know how much sworn testimony means on the specific matter of sexual assault,

Hatch said the hearing will happen whether Ford shows up or not. What a joke that would be. I can’t imagine it happening- if it does it’s another disaster for them. 
Where is your outrage over female abuser Ellison, oh wait he is n your side. They even have actual evidence foe that and witnesses that can actually be called. 

While we're on the topic, you were one of the folks who wanted Kavanaugh to testify under oath as of a few days ago.  If he does, and Ford doesn't, does that alter your view on this particular incident?  You're free to say that he shouldn't be confirmed on other grounds of course, but I'm curious to know how much sworn testimony means on the specific matter of sexual assault,
I absolutely want him to testify.  Primarily because if she doesn’t testify and he’s confirmed and it turns out it can be proven he did it, I want him impeached for perjury. 

If he testifies and she doesn’t I firmly believe he’ll be confirmed.  Frankly, I think he will anyway and have said so. 

I absolutely want him to testify.  Primarily because if she doesn’t testify and he’s confirmed and it turns out it can be proven he did it, I want him impeached for perjury. 

If he testifies and she doesn’t I firmly believe he’ll be confirmed.  Frankly, I think he will anyway and have said so. 
Not ever gonna happen Henry even in your perverse worldview.

In what world should a female victim of sexual assault be required in preliminary hearing to be grilled by a bunch of partisan white men, while seated at the same table as the accused?
R-E-P

[Pee on your rights!]

U-B-L

[“L” with you! You’re a woman!]

I-C-A-Nnnnnnnn!

If the statute of limitations has passed what does the FBI have to do with it?  That's what I'm trying to figure out why she wants them to do an investigation.  Of what?
It’s not a question of criminality- it’s an extension of the background check. Since lying to the FBI is illegal, here’s what they should do: 

1. Question Ford. 

2. Question Kavanaugh. 

3. Question Judge. 

4. Try to find anyone else who might have been at the party and question them. 

5. Issue a report based on the findings. 

Should take 1-2 weeks. THEN we can have a public hearing. Why is this unreasonable? 

Why wouldn’t Ford just decide to do an interview with Oprah or Megyn Kelly or someone? Take things right to the American people. That might be more effective for her.
I have known several women who have been raped or assaulted, and it is not easy for them to discuss it. Much less on television. There is a reason we generally shield these women from public view. 

That's fair.
You know you’re not required to take the stand in a criminal trial as a defendant. You’re also not required to even show up and testify as a plaintiff. And you can still win.

Just makes it harder. Of course your lawyer tends to show up in those circumstances. 

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:  what is an fbi investigation going to turn up?  This lady is just wasting everyone's time.  She felt compelled to talk to feinstein, and to come to put her name out there and now she has a chance to say her peace and she's passing?

Users who are viewing this thread