What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett (3 Viewers)

The people who are posting that Feinstein quote like it means something and the people who are posting the "What happens at Georgetown Prep . . ." quote like it means something really need to hang out more in some other thread and let the adults talk.

The people who are posting that Feinstein quote like it means something and the people who are posting the "What happens at Georgetown Prep . . ." quote like it means something really need to hang out more in some other thread and let the adults talk.
Disagree somewhat. The “what happens” quote is significant in that there is a question as to whether kavanaugh is maintaining that he was not involved in binge drinking and was not at parties like the one in question.  

Disagree somewhat. The “what happens” quote is significant in that there is a question as to whether kavanaugh is maintaining that he was not involved in binge drinking and was not at parties like the one in question.  
Maybe wait for him to talk instead of playing the telephone game with an octogenarian senator.

Omg.  Seriously dude.  Get a grip. 

Omg.  Seriously dude.  Get a grip. 
Pretty much anything results in death threats. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/statistics-on-twitter-abuse-rape-death-threats-and-trolls-2015-4

Sue Perkins, the British TV host, gave up using Twitter last week after she received death threats merely because other people had suggested she might make a good replacement for Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. 

It and the article illustrates the point. People say ridiculous things online and places like Twitter do very little to reign them in.  Anonymous internet gives people cover for being idiots. 
Gotcha.  all online threats should be treated the same.  

So funny. The victim gets even more victimized. 
She did this for political reasons, regardless of her victim status 35 years ago.  If he was a liberal judge and her actions could result  in flipping the court  to conservatives  do you believe she would have come forward?  I have my doubts. 

I switched from defense work to Prosecution after victimizing a victim on the stand.  I tore her apart, he got off, and he did it again, allegedly.  I could not forgive myself for what I did.  Lots of folks tried to convince me it was my job, he had a constitutional right to a defense, the judge was there to keep things proper, the system doesn't work without zealous advocacy, yada, yada, yada.  All I knew is I victimized her as surely as if I had physically assaulted her violently in a dark alley, and he got off of the charges, got off on getting off on the charges, and he did it again, allegedly,  to another young woman who deserved far better.

30 years and I still cannot forgive myself for what I did.
I hope there is a day, soon, that you can forgive yourself.  You can't change the past but there is no doubt in my mind that you have shaped the future for the better. 

She did this for political reasons, regardless of her victim status 35 years ago.  If he was a liberal judge and her actions could result  in flipping the court  to conservatives  do you believe she would have come forward?  I have my doubts. 
I’m not sure why her motives matter when deciding whether he should be on the Supreme Court.

I wish you held Kavanaugh to the same standard you hold Ford to.

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

VF reports W.H. advisers are worried more damaging info about Kavanaugh could come out. Two sources heard rumors Ford's account could be verified by women who say she told it to them contemporaneously. One source says Ivanka told Trump to drop Kavanaugh.

:popcorn:

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

VF reports W.H. advisers are worried more damaging info about Kavanaugh could come out. Two sources heard rumors Ford's account could be verified by women who say she told it to them contemporaneously. One source says Ivanka told Trump to drop Kavanaugh.

:popcorn:
If this is true, Kavanaugh's nomination should definitely be withdrawn.  If that means that Republicans lose the seat, too bad.

This thread has been filled today and yesterday with men who really don’t seem to understand the first thing about sexual assaults. It’s been depressing, disgusting, and obnoxious. And terrible to read. 

If this is true, Kavanaugh's nomination should definitely be withdrawn.  If that means that Republicans lose the seat, too bad.
They should ditch Kavanaugh and go with Amy Coney Barrett.  They'd get a pro-lifer, but still look like they give a second thought to women's rights.

She could make a half a million on a Go Fund Me in a couple of days.

I imagine Feinstein will pick up the tab though.  She outed her.  It’s the least she could do.
Do you know that Dems just fast tracked 24 of Trump's judge's?  Lifetime appointments, no President has ever appointed more in this period of time.   I will never understand why you think the Corporate Dems are against Republicans.  Every action is to the contrary of them being against. Feinstein's hand was forced on the letter, she was burying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a young daughter and I can't shake putting myself in the position of Dr Ford's parents.  I can't imagine what it's like to be a parent of someone going through what she's going through.  It damn near makes me want to cry.  How anyone is defending the GOP here with daughters (or sons for that matter) is beyond me.  I simply do not get it.

So Mark Judge isn’t going to testify?

Seems like if Ford was making this up. the alleged third guy in the room during the assault would be helpful for the defense to testify the assault didn’t happen.

Unless.... ohhhhhhhhh.  

Which standard was I holding Ford to?  Her timing is political.  
And?   Perhaps the moment where the man who sexually assaulted her is in a position to make decisions that affect the autonomy of all women in the nation over their bodies was where she decided to make a stand.   Does that make a difference?  If he sexually assaulted her, he shouldn't be confirmed.   

Blaming the victim is truly vile.   

Sadly, we know the moral compass we are dealing with and this is the exact opposite of what will happen.  He could fail a lie detector test, have a video surface of the whole thing and it wouldn't matter.

They should ditch Kavanaugh and go with Amy Coney Barrett.  They'd get a pro-lifer, but still look like they give a second thought to women's rights.
That's who I was kind of hoping for originally.  It would be nice if they went with her if they manage to hold the senate.

Do you know that Dems just fast tracked 24 of Trump's judge's?  Lifetime appointments, no President has ever appointed more in this period of time.   I will never understand why you think the Corporate Dems are against Republicans.  Every action is to the contrary of them being against. Feinstein's hand was forced on the letter, she was burying it.
She had a letter that was requested to remain anonymous and then suddenly it wasn’t.  That’s 100% on her.  Nobody could have forced her to do anything.

Sadly, we know the moral compass we are dealing with and this is the exact opposite of what will happen.  He could fail a lie detector test, have a video surface of the whole thing and it wouldn't matter.
Yeah, Mark Judge could come in with a Super 8 film of it, affidavits from everyone at the party, and an earring she thought she lost at the party and still has the paired earring for and Orrin Hatch would say “he says he wasn’t at the party. Who can say who’s confused?”

Which standard was I holding Ford to?  Her timing is political.  
I wish you would put as much energy into considering Kavanaugh isn’t telling the truth as you put into trying to discredit Ford.  

It is illustrative of why victims like Ford are so reluctant to come forward.  Whether Kavanaugh gets confirmed or not, my hope is people like you will understand that better the next time you consider the facts of a sexual assault case.

This thread has been filled today and yesterday with men who really don’t seem to understand the first thing about sexual assaults. It’s been depressing, disgusting, and obnoxious. And terrible to read. 
How do you know who has been sexually assaulted and who hasn’t?

Dr. Ford’s attorney has sent a letter to Grassley- she has been the subject of death threats and harassment. She will NOT appear until there is an FBI investigation has been completed. 

Users who are viewing this thread