What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🐘 ​​ 🐴 ​2020 Presidential Debates thread - 2nd Debate October 15 (1 Viewer)

Trump has had 4 years as President.  He’s built what, 6 feet of the wall?  How big will that new section of wall be by 2024 at this rate?
You clearly dont understand billion dollar government contracts.  Just the company I deal with has 2 billion under contract. Several hundreds of miles have been built and it is possible to complete all 5 billion in 8 years. It never was possible in 4.  HTH. 

I was pleasantly surprised about his candid answer about why his administration didn't get more done. Of course Republicans in congress obstructing everything was the problem. I didn't think he'd go there and am glad he did. 
Yeah, not sure the deer in headlights look played well and the 5 plus seconds of silence waiting for him to provide a better response seems to show you weren’t in the majority on that one. 

Trump's new slogan: We're gonna build a wall and Mexico's gonna pay for it! But definitely not in 4 years -- that's just not possible. Hope that helps!

Yeah, not sure the deer in headlights look played well and the 5 plus seconds of silence waiting for him to provide a better response seems to show you weren’t in the majority on that one. 
Me personally, I prefer clear and concise to word salad. 

You clearly dont understand billion dollar government contracts.  Just the company I deal with has 2 billion under contract. Several hundreds of miles have been built and it is possible to complete all 5 billion in 8 years. It never was possible in 4.  HTH. 
Yeah but it’s a go to talking point when they have to find something he didn’t deliver on. 😂

Me personally, I prefer clear and concise to word salad. 
Yeah, I most definitely feel the same way as I don't understand why people can't just say what they want to say without talking about extra stuff and going around in circles but instead just stay on topic, get to the point, avoid discussing extraneous issues, and, for the most part, just GET TO THE POINT without all the extra fluff.

Do you know what I'm saying?

Lolz, I love how low the bar with some of you has become for our statesman President. Can you imagine if the lines I’ve done more for black people than Lincoln and I’m the least racist person in this room came out of Biden’s mouth? 

Damning with faint praise. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but it’s a go to talking point when they have to find something he didn’t deliver on. 😂
I swear they troll me with that crap. I'm litteraly the one guy in here that knows more about border wall than any politician.  I advised the biggest company that built the walls under GWB and Obama.  Yes GWB passed it, but, Omama kept the construction going and finished that bill. Probably because it's a serious issue, unless it keeps your side from getting elected.  Unbelievable.  

tonydead said:
Wrong.  A good family friend has been a major part of building and upgrading the wall for decades.   He’s gotten very wealthy from this (more power to him).  Almost all the work these past 4 years has been minor upgrades of existing wall.  Almost nothing new has been built.  And the upgrades will do nothing to make the existing wall more secure.

tonydead said:
I swear they troll me with that crap. I'm litteraly the one guy in here that knows more about border wall than any politician.  I advised the biggest company that built the walls under GWB and Obama.  Yes GWB passed it, but, Omama kept the construction going and finished that bill. Probably because it's a serious issue, unless it keeps your side from getting elected.  Unbelievable.  
It’s offensive to suggest that I’m trolling you while engaging in honest discussion.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez @AOC 32m

If someone told me 3 years ago, while I was waitressing to help my family stay afloat, that in a few short years an unhinged President of the United States would be repeatedly saying my name at the 2020 debate, I would’ve brought them some water and told them to sober up.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1319480642250354688

Trump had a better demeanor but the lies and exaggeration were full speed ahead. A lot of analysts saying  that talking about the laptop and stuff like 3 million dollars from a mayor in Russia doesn’t doesn’t even make sense because unless you are already a Trump supporter and watch Fox or get your news from Breitbart and N.Y. Post most Americans have no  Idea what he was talking about. Tossup which was the most ridiculous thing I heard from Trump was that either Biden’s program was going to cost 100 trillion or that President Trump is the least racist person in the room. 

Biden‘s oil  and fracking comments was a negative in oil states. I just can’t think of anything Biden did or said beyond that that will be an issue for him and he didn’t come across as a guy that is losing it either. 

After that oil comment, you couldn’t pay me enough money to vote for Biden.  The millions of jobs he wants to do away with by killing the oil industry :thumbdown: .  “Other resources” to take the place of gas...........yeah, we’ll be depending on the other nations for gas and killing our economy.

Wrong.  A good family friend has been a major part of building and upgrading the wall for decades.   He’s gotten very wealthy from this (more power to him).  Almost all the work these past 4 years has been minor upgrades of existing wall.  Almost nothing new has been built.  And the upgrades will do nothing to make the existing wall more secure.
Ok sure, barbed wire a fat man could step over versus 30 foot tall steel wall. Call it an upgrade if that makes you feel better.   :lol:

tri-man 47 said:
Well, except for those that live near the refineries, making a lot of money! while they deal with illness and death from the pollutants.  And except for minorities, where families still must have "the talk," but only heard how wonderful the president has been for them.  (Lots of money for the HBCU, if they live long enough to make it there.)  And except for the 22,000 first responders who are DACA (fact check?).  And except for the suburban housewives that, like Biden, emphasize with the 500 kids left alone without their parents.  
People need jobs. People need other people to have jobs. It’s pretty simple. 

After that oil comment, you couldn’t pay me enough money to vote for Biden.  The millions of jobs he wants to do away with by killing the oil industry :thumbdown: .  “Other resources” to take the place of gas...........yeah, we’ll be depending on the other nations for gas and killing our economy.
Fact of the matter we can try all we want but it is going to take many years to phase out of oil. There are no electric tractors, no electric semis etc on the horizon and we will always have our antique cars. There will always be an oil industry and I would bet in all of our lifetimes no matter what age any of us are. 

you mean there’s money in it?  bummer, I did it for free :kicksrock:

Joe Bryant said:
I look at this as a new data point. 
How you feel now vs how you felt before the debate. 
As a Biden supporter, I feel a little worse. 
if I were a Trump supporter, I’d feel a LOT better. 
I believe you overestimate the context of these debates within the scope of this election, which is a continuation of the 2018 midterms and a further referendum on President Trump's time in office.

Biden's comment is similar to Hillary's comments about coal in 2016. People freaked out because she wanted to do away with millions of jobs by killing the coal industry, so all these coal workers voted for Trump because he promised to save coal.

Guess what? The coal industry collapsed anyway. Trump did nothing for those workers.

Both Hillary and Biden took the wrong approach with the situation, and basically put their feet in their mouths. They should have taken a more nuanced approach -- promoting alternate fuels without attacking the old industries.

I believe you overestimate the context of these debates within the scope of this election, which is a continuation of the 2018 midterms and a further referendum on President Trump's time in office.
He certainly does. Nov 3rd is going to be a bloodbath and nobody will ever think of these debates again by Saturday. 

General Malaise said:
Why did Trump push his wife's hand away and make her walk 2 steps ahead of him?  Weird. 
Reportedly she’s still has a persistent COVID related cough. Maybe he’s not as certain about his immunity as he claims. (Not that she’s likely to be contagious)

Hugh Jass said:
Lolz, I love how low the bar with some of you has become for our statesman President. Can you imagine if the lines I’ve done more for black people than Lincoln and I’m the least racist person in this room came out of Biden’s mouth? 

Damning with faint praise. 
Anytime Trump goes a minute without saying something awful is considered a win by his side.

After that oil comment, you couldn’t pay me enough money to vote for Biden. The millions of jobs he wants to do away with by killing the oil industry :thumbdown: .  “Other resources” to take the place of gas...........yeah, we’ll be depending on the other nations for gas and killing our economy.
How likely were you to vote for him before the comment?

He said he wants to phase out oil and provide clean energy which also brings lot of jobs with it.  

To combine threads, how do we fix American politics? Truth. Not spin. 
Agree, although that’s harder than some of the suggestions in the thread.  Not that truth isn’t truth but there’s typically a lot of nuance in these discussions.  To pull an example - decrease military budget, either you are or you aren’t but it’s possible to decrease poorly or increase well.

As for my comment - I’m not sure I follow you.  Are you saying what Biden said is spin?

The current path to oil independence started in 2004 and accelerated bigly during the Obama-Biden administration due to a big increase in fracking, when Trump was on the Apprentice and selling steaks and worthless certificates from an un-accredited university. A buddy of mine from Miami spent a year out in West Texas during the recovery from the last recession driving a water truck needed for a fracking operation. Come on man, you really believe Biden wants to kill the oil industry?

Look at the graph below from 2014 and tell me how much credit should be given to Bush, Obama-Biden and Trump for US oil independence. I'd put it at 10%/70%/20%.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/us-energy-independence-one-chart-2014-10%3famp

jerseydevil20 said:
President Trump was masterful when he got Biden to go off script ending oil.  Combine that with the fracking outright lie and there’s a real issue here for voters in PA, TX, OK, OH, West Va, etc. Great job Mr. President!
It was an incredible moment. Between that and Biden attempting to talk about business the guy doesn’t have a clue. Joe Biden isn’t equipped to run the Orange Julius in the Mall food court. 

Agree, although that’s harder than some of the suggestions in the thread.  Not that truth isn’t truth but there’s typically a lot of nuance in these discussions.  To pull an example - decrease military budget, either you are or you aren’t but it’s possible to decrease poorly or increase well.

As for my comment - I’m not sure I follow you.  Are you saying what Biden said is spin?
Nope, it's akin to coal 4 years ago.

How likely were you to vote for him before the comment?
I was up in the air tbh.  I hate politics as I choose to spend my time enjoying life instead of letting these individuals affect my mood.  I do start to pay attention and educate myself without biased media telling me what I should do around election time.

I don’t like the way Trump handles himself at all.  I think he’s an arrogant  p***k.  But, the Democratic Party gives us Biden, who is a poor representation of a politician.  He’s the typical empty promise politician as shown in his voting pattern in the past in doing my homework.  No forward thinking, just voting along with the herd.  It’s really a lessor of two evils we have to choose from.

With all of this said, it then comes down to the economy for me.  After that comment from Biden, if he wins the election, the oil and gas sector will take a major hit on the market.  We don’t need that happening after COVID has destroyed so many businesses already.  I have a masters degree in business but I’m no expert in the field.  The one thing I do know is a recession because of a frightened market is the last thing we need right now.

I’ve just typed more about this subject than ever before.  I feel dirty, lol.  Enough of this Debbie Downer s***.  I hope this answers your question because I’m through typing, lol.

I was up in the air tbh.  I hate politics as I choose to spend my time enjoying life instead of letting these individuals affect my mood.  I do start to pay attention and educate myself without biased media telling me what I should do around election time.

I don’t like the way Trump handles himself at all.  I think he’s an arrogant  p***k.  But, the Democratic Party gives us Biden, who is a poor representation of a politician.  He’s the typical empty promise politician as shown in his voting pattern in the past in doing my homework.  No forward thinking, just voting along with the herd.  It’s really a lessor of two evils we have to choose from.

With all of this said, it then comes down to the economy for me.  After that comment from Biden, if he wins the election, the oil and gas sector will take a major hit on the market.  We don’t need that happening after COVID has destroyed so many businesses already.  I have a masters degree in business but I’m no expert in the field.  The one thing I do know is a recession because of a frightened market is the last thing we need right now.

I’ve just typed more about this subject than ever before.  I feel dirty, lol.  Enough of this Debbie Downer s***.  I hope this answers your question because I’m through typing, lol.
Oil and gas will not take a hit under Biden. Obama was one of the most liberal US senators  and fracking boomed during his administration, giving us the biggest boost in oil independence in my life time. Trump just ran the last mile in a marathon and is taking all the credit and fear-mongering along the way.

Biden, Democratic Victories Would Be Best Outcome For The Economy, Moody’s Says

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/us-oil-exports-higher-imports-country-energy-independence-2020-9%3famp

If you're worried about the economy, then vote for the person that will take Covid seriously and not ignore it.

Because right now that's the biggest threat to the economy.

If you're worried about the economy, then vote for the person that will take Covid seriously and not ignore it.

Because right now that's the biggest threat to the economy.
Vote for the guy who said last night he wouldn’t rule out shutting the country down and destroying more of the economy. Brilliant reason to not vote for Biden. 

I’m in the medical field on the frontline.  If you think everything you hear about COVID is accurate because what the media says..........

If you saw the raw numbers of individuals that actually expired (still not a good thing) from COVID and JUST COVID, you’d be shocked.  That’s why politics are the devil and it’s a shame.  I gave my  :2cents:  and I’m out  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread