What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

“I am extremely embarrassed by this incident. It does not reflect who I am" (1 Viewer)

fatness

Footballguy
Similar words are uttered all the time by people caught doing stupid or bad things, usually but not always people in the public sphere. Many of them come from local news reports. Let's make this into an ongoing list.

“I am extremely embarrassed by this incident. It does not reflect who I am"

The officer stopped the truck near Oak Tree Avenue and noted the driver had difficulty getting the window down. The report stated the officer “immediately observed that Bachus’ speech was somewhat slurred” and that it was difficult to understand her at times. Bachus had “glossy and bloodshot eyes” and the officer also “detected the odor of an alcohol beverage emanating from her breath as she spoke,” according to the report. When asked if she had consumed any alcohol before driving, Bachus told police she had two drinks, indicating they were wine. Police said when Bachus exited the vehicle, she told them she had a number of medical problems. She also informed the officer multiple times—without being asked—that she was a “state worker.”

During field sobriety tests, police said Bachus fell backward, swayed from side to side, and became argumentative with officers. The arrest report said when an officer told Bachus that a breathalyzer test was an opportunity to prove she was not under the influence, she replied: “Well I might be DUI.”

I think we all know the truth. What they’re embarrassed about is that they got caught and their bad behavior was made public. That can be a good thing though. A lot of people aren’t embarrassed about bad behavior until they are publicly shamed. That’s part of civil society in encouraging good behavior not by force, but by public shaming.

For public officials especially, it’s then up to the public to determine whether the individual is sufficiently embarrassed that they actually change their behavior or maybe decide that the character displayed is not suitable for public service. That’s in an ideal society rather than the dumb partisan finger pointing and defending that we have now.

Similar words are uttered all the time by people caught doing stupid or bad things, usually but not always people in the public sphere. Many of them come from local news reports. Let's make this into an ongoing list.

“I am extremely embarrassed by this incident. It does not reflect who I am"

The officer stopped the truck near Oak Tree Avenue and noted the driver had difficulty getting the window down. The report stated the officer “immediately observed that Bachus’ speech was somewhat slurred” and that it was difficult to understand her at times. Bachus had “glossy and bloodshot eyes” and the officer also “detected the odor of an alcohol beverage emanating from her breath as she spoke,” according to the report. When asked if she had consumed any alcohol before driving, Bachus told police she had two drinks, indicating they were wine. Police said when Bachus exited the vehicle, she told them she had a number of medical problems. She also informed the officer multiple times—without being asked—that she was a “state worker.”

During field sobriety tests, police said Bachus fell backward, swayed from side to side, and became argumentative with officers. The arrest report said when an officer told Bachus that a breathalyzer test was an opportunity to prove she was not under the influence, she replied: “Well I might be DUI.”
unopen nip bottles sure is a red flag .

Impossible to get but I would love a % breakdown of how often someone uses this defense and it really actually was a 1 time lapse in judgement. How often is the person arrested for a DUI actually someone who rarely ever imbibes? How often is someone caught shoplifting actually just a person who just made a bad spur of the moment decision and not someone who had gone uncaught the previous dozen times?

Well, 50% of that statement I believe is honest. That's a pretty good average for most politicians.

Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread