What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ EPL 2021-22 Fantasy League ⚽ ​ - League Cup Update (3 Viewers)

One aspect about this that I forgot to mention - tiebreakers.

The tiebreaker is a rolling waiver list that starts as the reverse draft order.  If you win a tie bid, you move to the back of the list - similar to how the current waiver priority worked - only now it just settles tie bids.
this is why it should be 1000.  100 and tie breakers is dumb.

I'm in

When I get off work later today I'll catch up on the thread and try not to poop post or drunk post. No guarantees on the second, though

:banned:

Alright, not a drunk post, my apologies to @Sinn Fein for complaining about the waivers last year. They're in last season's thread if you want to find them. No good to apologize over there when we're all here now. Also, apologies to those who read them. It was a waste of your time too. 

Now, a question for either @Sinn Fein or @zazale 

@justforpdsl currently has my $42 from last season's fourth place finish  :bowtie:

Does he need to PayPal that back to me so I can submit this season's entry fee through Fantrax? I ask so he only has to do something once.

TIA

this is why it should be 1000.  100 and tie breakers is dumb.
Meh. There is always the risk of a tie bid, so we would have that no matter the budget. Keeping the budget at 200 forces you to think a little before randomly bidding on players - ie more strategy involved. 

Alright, not a drunk post, my apologies to @Sinn Fein for complaining about the waivers last year. They're in last season's thread if you want to find them. No good to apologize over there when we're all here now. Also, apologies to those who read them. It was a waste of your time too. 
:lol:

I have no idea what you are talking about. So it must have left a big impression on me!

So before I start :banned: , I'd like to make a request.

Can we please let any player dropped immediately become a free agent? I know in the past the reason is so that people can't "Churn" the wire. I just can't see how that matters here.

This isn't like baseball where an owner could go in Thursday night/Friday morning after waivers run and acquire then drop a bunch of pitchers that scheduled to go that weekend, thus making them unavailable to other teams and have to go to the claim process for Sunday night/Monday morning.

I guess someone could go pick up and drop all the defenders/forwards/GK's from Palace or Wolves, any team for that matter. What's the point of that though?

This has turned into a diatribe more than a request at this point (apologies). I've run multiple magic football leagues for a long time now. None of those leagues have a wait till waivers rule. As soon as a dude is waived, he's available. Much more enjoyable experience IMO
I actually did respond to this last year...

A couple of points:

1.  I am ok with allowing dropped players to be picked up - but lets get some league feedback.  The reason the rule is in place is not to prevent churning, but simply as a courtesy for anyone who can't be at the keyboard at 9:00 on Wednesday nights when waivers are processed.  A bit of fairness, if you will - but I don't think its a league killer if player can be picked up right away after being dropped.

2.  We do have a setting that prevents roster churning, so that if you pick up a FA on Thursday, and then drop him for a different player on Saturday morning - the player you drop will become a FA, and not go on waivers until his game actually starts.

Random non-sequitur:

squistion reacted to a post in a topic: ⚽ EPL 2020-21 Fantasy League ⚽ Congrats McBokononon on the title! June 15

:oldunsure:

What did we decide re negative points for defenders?
We opted just to adopt the Fantrax default scoring - the summary changes are above - but no changes to goals against.  Yellow Cards reduced to (-2), 1 point for blocked shots.

GK get a couple of new categories: Smothers and High Claims 

Biggest change might be for CS -for G, D, and M - now you get CS points if your player keeps a CS while they are on the field (min of 60 minutes) - but you don't lose the CS if the team concedes after your player is subbed out.  The recent Euro fantasy game had the same rule.

Ok - made some executive decisions.

I changed the rules/scoring to match the Fantrax default scoring. 

https://www.fantrax.com/news/epl/fantasy-columns/hsb7fk1bkqjqnavs

A few changes to what we had in place:

1.  CS on Field - this is slightly different than our rule - and allows for players to keep CS if they leave with a CS, even if the opponent scores later (Must play 60 minutes)

"Awarded to a player who played at least 60 minutes and whose team gave up 0 goals during the time the player was on the field, even if a goal was scored after the player left the field"

Same Scoring as before: 6 points for GK and D, 1 point for M, 0 for F

2. Penalty Kicks Drawn - "Player fouled within the penalty box (excludes any penalty kicks drawn for handballs)"  2 points

3.  Yellow Cards reduced to -2 points

4.  Blocked Shots "Any goal attempt heading roughly on target toward goal which is blocked by a defender, where there are other defenders or a goalkeeper behind the blocker."

1 point for all players

5. Smothers - 1 point for GK who smother the ball - no idea how Opta defines that, the glossary defines it as "Smothers" :shrug:   I assume a GK comes out and smothers the ball from an attacker - so not a save, but obviously saved a scoring opportunity.

6. High Claims Succeeded - Goalkeeper catches a cross: 1 point.

Everything else remains the same.  You can see the effect on scoring on the website by looking at the players.

Fabianski had the most smothers with 8, Emi Martinez had the most High Claims with 39.

Blocked shots - leaders in the 40s, top-20 is 22 blocked shots.

Vardy and Werner topped teh PKs drawn at 5.
bump for anyone who did not see this - these are the scoring changes - in addition to going with FAAB.

Has anyone seen or heard from @JMon348?

His last check in was in April (but he checked into Fantrax as late as May 27.   I sent him a PM to see if it reaches him.

Sinn Fein said:
I actually did respond to this last year...

A couple of points:

1.  I am ok with allowing dropped players to be picked up - but lets get some league feedback.  The reason the rule is in place is not to prevent churning, but simply as a courtesy for anyone who can't be at the keyboard at 9:00 on Wednesday nights when waivers are processed.  A bit of fairness, if you will - but I don't think its a league killer if player can be picked up right away after being dropped.

2.  We do have a setting that prevents roster churning, so that if you pick up a FA on Thursday, and then drop him for a different player on Saturday morning - the player you drop will become a FA, and not go on waivers until his game actually starts.
Thanks

I apologized because I was complaining about something that I failed to verify before posting. Won't happen again.

Treasurer - @justforpdsl has always been our loyal treasurer (at least since we got stiffed one year - or did that guy ever pay up?)

But, we could use Fantrax as treasurer - with @zazale having the authority for disbursements.  It was pretty easy to pay in the leagues I used - PayPal, and I am sure they would take other forms.  There is no fee to using them.

Just something to consider.
Don't mind still doing it. But I'll go with the flow.

squistion said:
So sorry to hear that. 😢 I'll take you off the list of members of my fan club. 
my comment was meant for the winner of the league. I didn't even quote you, how did you see my post?

my comment was meant for the winner of the league. I didn't even quote you, how did you see my post?

I did a search of my handle name and saw that Sinn Fein had mentioned it in his post that you responded to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so we have 10 committed and ideally we probably want 2 more so I'm going to ping everyone one more time to see if we can get the draft started on Friday night. I think 12 hour pick windows are appropriate to finish before the start of the season on the 13th.

For those who are already in the league on Fantrax, can you pay into the treasurer so we can start? It's $40. Thanks!

@shader @AAABatteries @Jaysus @QuizGuy66 @Dinsy Ejotuz @Desert_Power @Eephus @encaitar

I don't know who else is in the soccer forum who might be interested.

Ok, so we have 10 committed and ideally we probably want 2 more so I'm going to ping everyone one more time to see if we can get the draft started on Friday night. I think 12 hour pick windows are appropriate to finish before the start of the season on the 13th.

For those who are already in the league on Fantrax, can you pay into the treasurer so we can start? It's $40. Thanks!

@shader @AAABatteries @Jaysus @QuizGuy66 @Dinsy Ejotuz @Desert_Power @Eephus @encaitar

I'm only playing if squisition is in and Gator is out.

Not really - I hate all of you.

I'd go co-owner with someone, but just don't watch enough EPL/wake up early on the weekend. Last time I set an alarm for a Arsenal game at 7:30 AM to see who was playing. :bag:  

For anybody on the fence, Fantrax has a feature now that lets you know if your player is in the starting lineup or not. I can't tell you how much easier getting dudes in and out of lineups now. The key is paying attention to the second line dudes for the players on your roster first and foremost. 

:banned:  

How is the match day schedule going to be handled this season?

Meaning, will the 7am, 10am, noon, pre-covid type schedule be used this year? I haven't heard.

ETA: This is a general question about the Premier League, not the website.

How is the match day schedule going to be handled this season?

Meaning, will the 7am, 10am, noon, pre-covid type schedule be used this year? I haven't heard.

ETA: This is a general question about the Premier League, not the website.
I think they will be trying to get back to "normal" - still several games in different time slots, but several will be at 10:00 AM ET.

Sinn Fein said:
I think they will be trying to get back to "normal" - still several games in different time slots, but several will be at 10:00 AM ET.
I hope "normal' comes back sooner rather than later. However, one thing I did enjoy was the Sunday 3 p.m. Eastern matches. I don't watch non-soccer ball, haven't in over 15 years. I would listen to those games in my garage while working, hope they keep those around. 

I can't even chalk this up to :banned:  , but I had a thought about some dumb thing.

Oh yeah, I remember, every year there's somebody that shows up in this thread engaging in silliness. 

One of these days, one of these days

Users who are viewing this thread