What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ EPL 2021-22 Fantasy League ⚽ ​ - League Cup Update (1 Viewer)

Just to re- cap where I think we are:

1. Sinn/Gator
2. Zazale/Getzlaf
3. Moe
4. Christo
5. Drunken Slob
6. Poke
7. LeftcoastGuy
8. Cheese
9. Dude?  (Be the match?)
10. Bonzai
11. McBokonon
12. ChiefD

@ChiefD - confirm you want in - entry fee is $40 paid directly to Fantrax - send me or @zazalea PM with your email so we can add you to the league.

@BeTheMatch - you are Dude - right?   :oldunsure:

We need payments from:

@Moe.

@cheese

@justforpdsl

@drunken slob

@ChiefD

Just to re- cap where I think we are:

1. Sinn/Gator
2. Zazale/Getzlaf
3. Moe
4. Christo
5. Drunken Slob
6. Poke
7. LeftcoastGuy
8. Cheese
9. Dude?  (Be the match?)
10. Bonzai
11. McBokonon
12. ChiefD

@ChiefD - confirm you want in - entry fee is $40 paid directly to Fantrax - send me or @zazalea PM with your email so we can add you to the league.

@BeTheMatch - you are Dude - right?   :oldunsure:

We need payments from:

@Moe.

@cheese

@justforpdsl

@drunken slob

@ChiefD
Sounds good. Are there rules and such on Fantrax or is it just assumed we draft Antonio Gates every round?

Sounds good. Are there rules and such on Fantrax or is it just assumed we draft Antonio Gates every round?
God no.  I wouldn't draft Gates until round 3 at the earliest...

But, yes - the scoring rules are there - got a few things going on tonight - but I'll try to post a scoring re-cap tomorrow.  Basically - goals + assists, plus clean sheets for Defenders and GK are good - a few other stats add up too - you will be able to see the categories once you log in and see the player tab.

When does the draft start?

Still haven’t received the welcome email. If its not there by morning I will sent an alternate email address.

Here are the payouts from last season:

1. @McBokonon - $245

2. @Getzlaf15 / @zazale - $122.50

3. Sinn / @The Gator - $73.50

4. @drunken slob - $49

If you still need to get paid - reach out to mrl171 @ live.com - with your PayPal info.

Ok, so we have 10 committed and ideally we probably want 2 more so I'm going to ping everyone one more time to see if we can get the draft started on Friday night. I think 12 hour pick windows are appropriate to finish before the start of the season on the 13th.

For those who are already in the league on Fantrax, can you pay into the treasurer so we can start? It's $40. Thanks!

@shader @AAABatteries @Jaysus @QuizGuy66 @Dinsy Ejotuz @Desert_Power @Eephus @encaitar

I don't know who else is in the soccer forum who might be interested.

I think we have 12 now.  Just need to get a few fees paid into the league.

I think we are shooting to start the draft Friday afternoon/evening.

League Rules Page

Highlights:

- We eliminated the injured/covid list for this season - no roster breaks for covid - tell your players to get vaccinated

- formations:  You can use any reasonable formation, but we have set the following min/max:

D - 3 / 5
M - 2 / 5
F - 1 / 3

- Player eligibility - this is determined strictly by Fantrax (they take the official stats from OPTA).  Players can become eligible at multiple spots - typically F/M or M/D with the rare F/D (Schlupp a couple of years ago).  It takes 15 games to become eligible for a new position, and again, this is strictly based on OPTA's designation.  You can see the number of games at each position if you click on a player's individual page and scroll down.  The two biggest discrepancies are wingbacks (some get classified as D, some as M :shrug:  ) and Attacking Midfielders - sometimes they are classified a F, sometimes as M.

- Line-up lock 1 minute before a player's game starts - changed from 5 minutes last year.   Only the player whose game is about to start locks - so you can make changes to other players at any time during the game week.

- FAAB - this year we are using FAAB to conduct waivers.  Every team starts with a Budget of $200, and those $ can be traded.  Waivers will typically process on Wednesday evening at 9:00 PM ET. $0 bids are acceptable.  

-Draft - new this year, we will not allow players to be drafted if they are added to the database after the draft starts.  The draft should lock those players, but if not, we will manually enforce that.  Any new player additions will be subject to waiver claims after the draft.

Payouts for this year:

1. $200
2. $100
3. $60
4. $40

Cup Winner: $50
Runner-up: $30

The Cup - will be a mid-season single elimination tournament.  The top-4 teams after week-22 will get a bye, but then we will randomly set up a single elimination tournament to be run at dates to be determined.

It will probably start Mid-Feb, but we want to make sure we are not selecting weeks where real-life teams have blanks, or double game weeks to keep things as even as possible.

You will set your line-ups as normal, and we will simply track those scores in a spreadsheet (you will be effectively competing against 2 teams with the same line-ups in those weeks).

Also - for the new managers - there are no play-offs, we play 38 head-to-head game weeks, best record wins, first tie-breaker is total points.

Starting in December, the schedule can get a little out of kilter, as the real-life teams play an occasional mid-week game week.  (Typically teams will play Tuesday/Wednesday)

When that happens, we do alter the waiver schedule to accommodate that change - but we will let you know the changes in advance.  Typically, it means we will run waivers on Monday night at 9:00, and then again on Thursday night at 9:00.

So is the draft done in this thread? And is there a draft order somewhere?
In previous years, we have done it in thread. This year we are going to use the draft room in Fantrax. 

that will open up when we confirm the draft time. And I think that will set the draft order automatically 

Cheese

Round 1 Pick #1

Blips And Chitz

Round 1 Pick #2

Antiheroins Fc

Round 1 Pick #3

Drunken Slob Fc

Round 1 Pick #4

Sporting Real Christo U...

Round 1 Pick #5

The Mctominator

Round 1 Pick #6

Chiefd

Round 1 Pick #7

Poker In The Rear

Round 1 Pick #8

There's A Sale At ...

Round 1 Pick #9

Steak-umms Fc

Round 1 Pick #10

Barechested Matadors Ri...

Round 1 Pick #11

Leftcoastguy7

Round 1 Pick #12

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheese

Round 1 Pick #1

Blips And Chitz

Round 1 Pick #2

Antiheroins Fc

Round 1 Pick #3

Drunken Slob Fc

Round 1 Pick #4

Sporting Real Christo U...

Round 1 Pick #5

The Mctominator

Round 1 Pick #6

Chiefd

Round 1 Pick #7

Poker In The Rear

Round 1 Pick #8

There's A Sale At ...

Round 1 Pick #9

Steak-umms Fc

Round 1 Pick #10

Barechested Matadors Ri...

Round 1 Pick #11

Leftcoastguy7

Round 1 Pick #12
Unacceptable. I can only name one player at this point.

@cheese - Cheese  Round 1 Pick #1

@Moe.- Blips And Chitz Round 1 Pick #2

@Sinn Fein @The Gator - Antiheroins Fc  Round 1 Pick #3

@drunken slob- Drunken Slob Fc  Round 1 Pick #4

@justforpdsl Sporting Real Christo U...  Round 1 Pick #5

@Westerberg @Rooney10 @Bonzai - The Mctominator    Round 1 Pick #6

@ChiefDChiefd  Round 1 Pick #7

@Poke_4_LifePoker In The Rear Round 1 Pick #8

@zazale @Getzlaf15 There's A Sale At ...   Round 1 Pick #9

@BeTheMatch - AFC RICHMOND  Round 1 Pick #10

@McBokonon Barechested Matadors Ri... Round 1 Pick #11

@leftcoastguy7 Leftcoastguy7 Round 1 Pick #12

Last edited by a moderator:
I quit playing fantasy football (NFL) a number of years ago. I'm fired up for this draft even though I don't know any of the players. Forgot how much fun fantasy drafts are. Let's go!!  :thumbup:

Looks like we are about set - I sent a PM to @cheese 

Assuming Cheese is ready, draft starts tonight at 7:00 PM et

Everyone has 8 hours to make a pick, with the clock off between 2:00 am and 8:00 am et.  (just because you have 8 hours, does not mean you should take 8 hours...)

Make sure you have notification settings turned on for draft picks: 

Team -> My Notification Settings -> Your turn to Draft and On Deck (two settings)

(These should already be turned on - but just check)

That should ensure you get an email when you are on deck, and when you are up.  If you think you will be away from the computer/phone for a while, please take advantage of the draft queue feature and turn auto-draft on.

If you make a pick in error, and catch it in a reasonable time, and  before the next player drafts, send me and/or @zazale a PM and we can reverse the pick.

Also - I want to thank @zazalefor all of his work behind the scenes getting this all set up.  👏

One last reminder - the draft list locks at 7:00 tonight.  This should happen automatically, but if it does not, we will enforce it manually.

So, anyone added to the rosters after tonight will not be eligible to be drafted.  They will have to go through the waiver bid process.

Good luck, lets have another fun season - maybe even work in a trade or two...!

my draft pick alerts were not on FWIW, so I'd recommend everyone double-check. 

By push alerts - do they just mean an alert on the fantrax website if I happen to be signed in at the time?

i mean I said to Kevin, injuries happen, you don't need to feel bad, it's nothing personal. just a down year.  but he was adamant about getting another shot, so I think it's best we honor the wishes of the player in this case 

By push alerts - do they just mean an alert on the fantrax website if I happen to be signed in at the time?
I was assuming a push alert would be through the app on your phone in the form of a notification.

Good question - I don't know.  I have emails turned on - only because I get a quick email alert on my Mac so I can see it without having to open emails.

i mean I said to Kevin, injuries happen, you don't need to feel bad, it's nothing personal. just a down year.  but he was adamant about getting another shot, so I think it's best we honor the wishes of the player in this case 

I mean, the last thing you want on your team is an unhappy player.  amirite?   :hifive:

Users who are viewing this thread