What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (6 Viewers)

Sabitzer is a lucky boy - that's a 50/50 red.

Fred doing his best to get my blood pressure up this morning.

Three times he's given away balls horribly that could have resulted in goals - I don't care what he does well any more, get rid of him.

Didn't see the game, just the extended highlights on Peacock. From what I did see it seemed Fred couldn't make a pass to a United player at all, but the player ratings all had him at an 8 out of 10.
Sabitzer was tremendous but the still shot I did see makes that missed red huge and he was lucky that the ref and VAR said the impact wasn't hard enough? The problem with the stills are they make everything look worse than they are. But based on other calls, should be a red.

I am looking forward to a Casimiro/Sabitzer/Bruno midfield. At some point Fred and Weghorst have to sit down. So much attacking talent to waste with those two.

Three times he's given away balls horribly that could have resulted in goals - I don't care what he does well any more, get rid of him.

Didn't see the game, just the extended highlights on Peacock. From what I did see it seemed Fred couldn't make a pass to a United player at all, but the player ratings all had him at an 8 out of 10.
Sabitzer was tremendous but the still shot I did see makes that missed red huge and he was lucky that the ref and VAR said the impact wasn't hard enough? The problem with the stills are they make everything look worse than they are. But based on other calls, should be a red.

I am looking forward to a Casimiro/Sabitzer/Bruno midfield. At some point Fred and Weghorst have to sit down. So much attacking talent to waste with those two.

I’m sure everybody wants me to shut up about Fred but any good he did was far overshadowed by 3 dumb giveaways that could have easily led to goals against a stronger opponent. It would be different if he didn’t do that at least once a game. Throw in the frequent errant passes that stop counters and the dumb fouls around the penalty box and it makes me wonder why ETH would ever select him except in cases like now where we have injuries and suspensions. He definitely runs himself in to the ground for the side and that plays a part in his value but I want them to sell him.

Sabitzer has been decent but still feel like he needs to settle in with the side. He’s already showing more than Fred and McT though. On the high challenge. There wasn’t a lot of force to it, there was no intent and I didn’t think the player milked it so I can see it not being a red. But it has to be at least a yellow and since they can’t give yellows through VAR I think he’s lucky they didn’t review it. I’d say if they had there’s like a 55/45 chance he’s sent off. Studs to the knee is always a red card waiting to happen.

I’m sure everybody wants me to shut up about Fred but any good he did was far overshadowed by 3 dumb giveaways that could have easily led to goals against a stronger opponent. It would be different if he didn’t do that at least once a game. Throw in the frequent errant passes that stop counters and the dumb fouls around the penalty box and it makes me wonder why ETH would ever select him except in cases like now where we have injuries and suspensions. He definitely runs himself in to the ground for the side and that plays a part in his value but I want them to sell him.

Sabitzer has been decent but still feel like he needs to settle in with the side. He’s already showing more than Fred and McT though. On the high challenge. There wasn’t a lot of force to it, there was no intent and I didn’t think the player milked it so I can see it not being a red. But it has to be at least a yellow and since they can’t give yellows through VAR I think he’s lucky they didn’t review it. I’d say if they had there’s like a 55/45 chance he’s sent off. Studs to the knee is always a red card waiting to happen.
I have no issue with Fred staying as a squad player. He needs to play higher up the pitch though. I also wouldn't be against selling him and McT as better players come in.

Reports were that VAR deemed it not a red for the reasons you mentioned. But who knows anymore.

I think they need to keep Sabitzer. He has done well coming in for Casimiro and not being a natural 6. He plays more of the 8 and hasn't got to play there next to Casimiro. I think Thursday with Barca will be very telling for those 2.

United needs to be looking for who's next with Casemiro, Varane and Erikson as they are all are or about to be 30. At 28 Sanitzer still has some time and would be a great rotational player with Erikson and not losing too much.

PSA. If you are a T-Mobile customer, there is a one day deal on the T-Mobile Tuesdays app for the MLS Pass on Apple TV+ that is good through February 2024. One click and it adds the package to your Apple TV+ subscription. The whole season — every game — for free.

Link

Watching a replay of Liverpool RMA and the first 35 minutes is freaking bonkers. I've never seen two errors like that, one on each side, ever.

Lineups are in for United v Barca

De Gea, AWB Varane Martinez Shaw, Casimiro, Fred, Bruno, Sancho, Rashford, Weghorst

Ter Stegen, Kounde, Araujo, Christensen, Balde, De Jong, Busquets, Kessie, Roberto, Lewa, Raphinha

Let the games begin!

Bruno misses on a 1v1
Rashford gets whacked just outside the box, no foul.
Fred gives away a foul 30 yards out

and we are 11' in

Users who are viewing this thread