What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (7 Viewers)

This Wolves team is fun to watch and what they've done so far in the FA Cup has been impressive.  How are they towards the bottom of the table in the Championship?

When United signed Darmian I had hopes he could be an Ivanovic type player - he's never lived up to anything close to that.  He constantly seems to be on the wrong page with his teammates and isn't a great defender.  

Oh, that's a nice Pogba to Zlatan combo.

Did I hear that Bolton's place holds 60,000? What stupid FA rule keeps them out of the Prem?

Grazie.  Hopefully you'll do ^this^ 2x more, so he can match Big Daddy Kane :thumbup: .
Roma score two more to beat Torino 4-1.  Liverpool target Leandro Paredes smacks in a long range effort, while Totti comes on late & lays off a beauty to Radja, who blasts a bullet into the back of the net.  Totti :wub: -to-Radja :wub:Kafka conniptions.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: :lmao:

Of course he is now under investigation by the Gambling Commission....

Before Monday's game, a bookmaker offered odds of 8-1 that Sutton reserve goalkeeper Wayne Shaw would eat a pie on camera during the match.

The 46-year-old did so in the 83rd minute while standing by the substitutes' bench.

Shaw said after the match that the incident was "a bit of banter".

Asked whether he knew if anyone had taken up the bet, he told the Daily Mail: "I think there were a few people. Obviously we are not allowed to bet. I think a few mates and a few of the fans."

The Gambling Commission, which licenses and regulates gambling in Britain, says it looking into whether there was any "irregularity in the betting market and establishing whether the operator has met its licence requirement to conduct its business with integrity".

"Integrity in sport is not a joke and we have opened an investigation to establish exactly what happened," said enforcement and intelligence director Richard Watson.

Sun Bets, who sponsored the club on Monday for the fifth-round tie, tweetedit had paid out a "five-figure sum" to one punter who had bet on Shaw to eat the pie.

Sutton manager Paul Doswell said after the game: "I don't think it shows us in the best light."

Club chairman Bruce Elliott told 5 live: "I didn't know anything about it. He has got himself in the papers again and the fame obviously has gone to his head a little bit, but we will soon bring him back down to earth, don't worry about that."

Shaw said he was told about the betting promotion before the game.

"I thought I would give them a bit of banter and let's do it," he added. "All the subs were on and we were 2-0 down.

"It was just a bit of banter for them. It is something to make the occasion as well and you can look back and say it was part of it and we got our ticket money back."

Trivia I just looked up...

From 1977-1984 the English league took 7/8 European titles.

How many times in the 32 years since has an English team won the "Champion's League" title in regulation (i.e. without going to extra time or pens)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit I was pretty disappointed when I saw the video of Shaw eating, I wasn't thinking it would be a meat pie but rather some kind of dessert pie :sadbanana:

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
CGRdrJoe said:
I have to admit I was pretty disappointed when I saw the video of Shaw eating, I wasn't thinking it would be a meat pie but rather some kind of dessert pie :sadbanana:
Jesus, Newbies.  If we're being really pedantic, it was a pasty. 

But you have to respect the thread.  Uniforms are kits here.  Fields are pitches.  And pies are, invariably, savoury. 

Jesus, Newbies.  If we're being really pedantic, it was a pasty. 

But you have to respect the thread.  Uniforms are kits here.  Fields are pitches.  And pies are, invariably, savoury. 
:shrug:

Before Monday's game, a bookmaker offered odds of 8-1 that Sutton reserve goalkeeper Wayne Shaw would eat a pie on camera during the match.

The 46-year-old did so in the 83rd minute while standing by the substitutes' bench.

Asked whether he knew if anyone had taken up the bet, he told the Daily Mail: "I think there were a few people. Obviously we are not allowed to bet. I think a few mates and a few of the fans."

The Gambling Commission, which licenses and regulates gambling in Britain, says it looking into whether there was any "irregularity in the betting market and establishing whether the operator has met its licence requirement to conduct its business with integrity".

"Integrity in sport is not a joke and we have opened an investigation to establish exactly what happened," said enforcement and intelligence director Richard Watson.

Sun Bets, who sponsored the club on Monday for the fifth-round tie, tweetedit had paid out a "five-figure sum" to one punter who had bet on Shaw to eat the pie.

I'm pretty pumped for today's matches.  Atletico and Leverkusen will be on the backburner for me, though I really want to watch Julian Brandt, Klopp's supposed #1 target (though that's probably just rumors).

But Monaco v City should be great.  We all know how bad City are defensively, and Monaco have scored a ton of goals this year.  It's a nightmare matchup for City, imo.

I'm getting deja vu on this question...I may have asked it last year.

Why do Man City fans boo the CL anthem?

:shrug:

EXACTLY.

meat pie. pasty. 

why would he eat a key-lime pie here. let's get serious people.

and how did they come upon 8-1 odds? 

if not for the resignation, would be the best thing to happen in soccer this year.

Users who are viewing this thread