What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

🐴 *** 2023 Aniscule Thread *** 🇮🇹 Ha Vinto Il Cavallo Di Mio Cugina - ARCANGELO! 🇮🇹 🐴 (1 Viewer)

made 3 small exacta box bets yesterday at Turfway Park....net profit $3.

Going to play some Santa Anita today, but probably only the first few races.

3,8/3,8/all tri race 1. All chalk.

Been playing a little lately with the Derby prep races happening (Sunland Derby today). Looks like @otb_lifer hasn’t been around since September. Did he get another time out, anyone know him IRL?

Been playing a little lately with the Derby prep races happening (Sunland Derby today). Looks like @otb_lifer hasn’t been around since September. Did he get another time out, anyone know him IRL?
I’m playing Informed Patriot $10 to win unless he gets bet way down, it’s the money back special race at TVG today

Do you have Twinspires where you are? They’re doing a money back special on the same race. Might take a couple shots between them and TVG. Looking at Patriot and Lucky Jeremy.

I’m playing Informed Patriot $10 to win unless he gets bet way down, it’s the money back special race at TVG today

Do you have Twinspires where you are? They’re doing a money back special on the same race. Might take a couple shots between them and TVG. Looking at Patriot and Lucky Jeremy.
I’ve had them all at one time or another. I only use TVG now

Joel is my boy and I feel like with him going there today to ride this race and Asmussens filly he has a great chance. Probly going to take alot of $$$ though

I’ve had them all at one time or another. I only use TVG now
I only use Twinspires, but that's because I bet Australia and they offer more options and more races than TVG.

@otb_lifer

My wife and I booked a weekend in Lexington KY next April. You know of anything to do around there that time of the year? 😃
So we were planning to go to keeneland 4/19-4/21. I set a reminder that tickets go on sale today at 9am. I logged in and was placed in the queue at 845. At 9am I was informed there were 2000+ people in front of me. My turn came at 9:40….entire grandstand sold out for Saturday. Ouch. Checked Friday, found 2 available seats and they weren’t together.

Hotel canceled :kicksrock:

Rebel coming up this Saturday. Early leans are Timberlake as the obvious favorite, but I like Dimatic here as well. Could be an interesting horse moving forward. It will be interesting what horses go for the early lead in this one.

Hah - went to Santa Anita on Sunday. My daughter has Corgi's and one of hers was accepted into the Corgi Winter Nationals. So the whole family went. Thousands of Corgi's. Ours broke from the gate like Chinook Pass but then bolted to the outside and ran in circles. Should have been a vet scratch! Will be back on the Kentucky Derby trail again. Personally, I think Baffert is getting hosed. The fact that CD could impose a 2 year ban and then just add another year because they felt like it is total BS. Now none of his horses are eligible to get points. Complete farce that harms the sport.

Speaking of farce, California racing is done. Over. Finito. Majority of the races had 6 horses. Bunch of $20K Maiden Claimers. On a weekend. Golden Gate had the same. Then you look up and see 12 horse fields at Oaklawn, Gulfstream, etc. They should just shut it down in CA. Bay Meadows closed. Golden Gate next. Real estate too valuable. Santa Anita dirt has to be worth an ungodly amount. Talk about prime real estate. The only one that makes any sense to keep as a racetrack is Del Mar. Los Al too, because of quarters, but their TB product is sh*t.

Hah - went to Santa Anita on Sunday. My daughter has Corgi's and one of hers was accepted into the Corgi Winter Nationals. So the whole family went. Thousands of Corgi's. Ours broke from the gate like Chinook Pass but then bolted to the outside and ran in circles. Should have been a vet scratch! Will be back on the Kentucky Derby trail again. Personally, I think Baffert is getting hosed. The fact that CD could impose a 2 year ban and then just add another year because they felt like it is total BS. Now none of his horses are eligible to get points. Complete farce that harms the sport.

Speaking of farce, California racing is done. Over. Finito. Majority of the races had 6 horses. Bunch of $20K Maiden Claimers. On a weekend. Golden Gate had the same. Then you look up and see 12 horse fields at Oaklawn, Gulfstream, etc. They should just shut it down in CA. Bay Meadows closed. Golden Gate next. Real estate too valuable. Santa Anita dirt has to be worth an ungodly amount. Talk about prime real estate. The only one that makes any sense to keep as a racetrack is Del Mar. Los Al too, because of quarters, but their TB product is sh*t.
Golden Gate is closing permanently after the summer session.

is there a 2024 derby thread?

I'm leaning toward Sierra Leone and Dornoch right now. That's gonna change, I'm sure.
Not sure I really see a scenario where Dornoch wins. I want to convince myself that he can, because he's likely to go off at odds that feel longer than they should be. But if there isn't a pace meltdown, then I think Fierceness is the best horse by a lot. And if there is a pace meltdown, then one of the closers should win (Sierra Leone looks the most likely, but imo any deep closer has a shot in that scenario).

is there a 2024 derby thread?

I'm leaning toward Sierra Leone and Dornoch right now. That's gonna change, I'm sure.
Not sure I really see a scenario where Dornoch wins. I want to convince myself that he can, because he's likely to go off at odds that feel longer than they should be. But if there isn't a pace meltdown, then I think Fierceness is the best horse by a lot. And if there is a pace meltdown, then one of the closers should win (Sierra Leone looks the most likely, but imo any deep closer has a shot in that scenario).
I don't necessarily see Dornoch winning, but I like him to hit the board, so he's going to be key in my exactas and tris. I'm fading Fierceness.

Users who are viewing this thread