What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

🐴 *** 2023 Aniscule Thread *** 🇮🇹 Ha Vinto Il Cavallo Di Mio Cugina - ARCANGELO! 🇮🇹 🐴 (1 Viewer)

@otb_lifer

Becky’s Joker in the Adirondack today. Race 8

my greatest call in my time on this bored - the ONLY double digit horse in that Schuylerville field, and 21/1! at that - no redboard, 'cuz i called it that morning, and, let's just say, me n' capping buddy unloaded - enough that if we lost $500 dollars every day of the entire meet (and we're trying😁), we'd still be quite comfortably ahead. made my year/decade!

... so now she goes from 21/1 longest shot in Schuy, to 7/2 ml fave in the 'dack ... she'll be hammered down to prolly 2/1 or 9/5 by post, imo ... however, if she stays 7/2, or drifts UP?

UNLOAD!
Worst part about that for me? That was a money back special, I didn’t see your post and played a nag that ran up the track 😂☹️

@otb_lifer

my greatest call in my time on this bored - the ONLY double digit horse in that Schuylerville field, and 21/1! at that - no redboard, 'cuz i called it that morning, and, let's just say, me n' capping buddy unloaded - enough that if we lost $500 dollars every day of the entire meet (and we're trying😁), we'd still be quite comfortably ahead. made my year/decade!

... so now she goes from 21/1 longest shot in Schuy, to 7/2 ml fave in the 'dack ... she'll be hammered down to prolly 2/1 or 9/5 by post, imo ... however, if she stays 7/2, or drifts UP?

UNLOAD!
Worst part about that for me? That was a money back special, I didn’t see your post and played a nag that ran up the track 😂☹️

i shoulda tagged you lot in that post ... but i put it up rather early, and it were Spa opening day - guess i just figgered the usual suspects wouldt be checking the thread, seeing as how it got bumped back to top of the page.

🤷

@otb_lifer

UNLOAD!

i shoulda tagged you lot in that post ... but i put it up rather early, and it were Spa opening day - guess i just figgered the usual suspects wouldt be checking the thread, seeing as how it got bumped back to top of the page.

🤷
No worries. Just one of those things

Race 4 Saratoga

#7 Ever Summer to WIN

going 11 panels in this one, and she aced similar condition last out, with a very capable speed fig, to boot.

Irad up for CC - they have an insane 51% itm hit rate together.

GIMME.

ETA: she were 4/1 ml, already down to 3/1 with 25 min to post - if she dips below 2/1 im'ma hafta reconsider - i still think she takes this, but i need at least 66% r.o.i (which is whut 2/1 will give me)

:popcorn:

Last edited:
... interesting that the #1 & #3 are both lower will pays in the DD than the 7 - so we fading the wisdom of the Spa crowd

ARE YOU F****** KIDDING ME?

W.T. HOLY F***
Any updates on horse and jock?

horse were put down, Irad came out for the next race; a 12.5k claimer - before we go any further on all this, i wanna tip it to him - was perfect opportunity for him to sit a cheap arse race out, and gather himself ... but he jumped right back in, honoring his commitment - and this is why he gets top call for so many barns, an agent's dream, and a true mensch - nutty as a fruitcake, sure - but top of the ladder talent.

he also got the jox together, and had them vote unanimously to refuse to ride any more races on the turf ... they were on the inner cabbage yesterday, and it were proving to be much too treacherous - think there were three more carded for it, and all were moved to dirt.

this caused a ton of angst for punters who were playing the horizontals, all the way to the pick 6 - the announcement that all turf affairs were being moved to the flats were made with barely a minute left to the beginning of race 5, which kicked off the P6 sequence, and also offered other rolling horizontals ... this gave punters ZERO chance to reconfigure their 'capping and ammend their tix - NYRA decided to declare ALL for every race ridden off the turf, ergo giving everybody a freebie, no matter who they had ... this led to some ridiculously paltry payouts - not unlike an Oprah show "YOU get a winner, and YOU get a wiiner, AND YOU GET A WINNAH!" ... 5 outta 6 returned $13.20, and 6 outta 6 returned $863 - for comparison sake, Saturdays's P6 returned $745,000 while Thursday's yielded $345,000 (there were none on Friday as the back of the card were cancelled) - each of those days also rewarded 5 outta 6 with roughly $1,300 - which is 100x moar than what yesterday's free for all returned.

back to race 4 ...

i had honked for the #7 Ever Summer yesterday as a lock, and as they made the sweep for home, Irad had a TON of horse left ... she were kicking in, and woulda easily taken it by open lengths ... she collapsed right in the midst of a lead change, it appeared, as they hit top of the stretch iirc - anyway ... it were money in the bank, then tragedy struck.

i figgered her closest comp were gonna be the Irish bred #1, but that horse were eased shortly after they passed the half mile - have not been able to dig info on her status as of this morning ... didn't see any headline about it, so ... dunno.

really bad look up there, especially on the heels of Maple Leaf Mel crumpling on the national telecast Saturday - this has been the most troublesome Spa meet i can ever recall ... it has not lived up to it's storied rep, and the fatalities have cast a very sickening & dark pall over the grounds - it's gone from "Graveyard of Champions" to straight up "Graveyard"

Last edited:
really bad look up there, especially on the heels of Maple Leaf Mel crumpling on the national telecast Saturday - this has been the most troublesome Spa meet i can ever recall ... it has not lived up to it's storied rep, and the fatalities have cast a very sickening & dark pall over the grounds - it's gone from "Graveyard of Champions" to straight up "Graveyard"
Agree

Sucks

were able to ascertain that Frivole, the Irish bred #1 horse that i mentioned earlier (pulled up and eased after the half mile in yesterday's race 4), were able to return to her stall without incident, as per Motion, her trainer.

- that's some welcomed goodt news -

meanwhile, NYRA will be workin' to rectify the turf issues, maybe a reconfig on rail settings, etc ... gonna be a different ballgame come Wednesday.

btw - recalling Churchill's numerous fatalities in their Spring meet, which necessitated the shift of all horsemen & animals & barns to glorified bullring Ellis Park - could you imagine NYRA saying they were shipping the balance of the Spa meet over to Finger Lakes? 'cuz that's what it would be akin to, if such dire measures were taken ... really puts the unprecedented shutdown of Churchill in it's proper light when contrasted as such, and it's easy to forget just how big of a deal that were.

Del Mar boys trip starting Thursday. Send any locks for Thursday and Friday! Gonna be beautiful where the turf meets the surf

Oh no. I live in the SoCal area and Hurricane Hilary's after effects will be touching down with its attendant rainfall here later today and tonight. I hope you're not affected too badly on Sat. and Sunday, but I doubt that you won't be if you're out there on those two days. (Though I just re-read your post and you said Thursday and Friday, so you might have missed it.) Keep safe from the flooding and mudding. Our waterways weren't designed for this much rain, nor our roads, nor the hillsides they built the houses near.

Oh dear.

Del Mar boys trip starting Thursday. Send any locks for Thursday and Friday! Gonna be beautiful where the turf meets the surf

Oh no. I live in the SoCal area and Hurricane Hilary's after effects will be touching down with its attendant rainfall here later today and tonight. I hope you're not affected too badly on Sat. and Sunday, but I doubt that you won't be if you're out there on those two days. (Though I just re-read your post and you said Thursday and Friday, so you might have missed it.) Keep safe from the flooding and mudding. Our waterways weren't designed for this much rain, nor our roads, nor the hillsides they built the houses near.

Oh dear.

already chatter of them shutting tmrw down, which are unprecedented for this particular meet - stay safe both of you!

how we doin' @Judge Smails?

on the grounds yet?
1st time Linda worked earlier, back to the well in the 8th

1/all

we back in action for the final 2 weeks coming up - took a break for vacay, etc ... see ya on Wednesday ...

how we doin' @Judge Smails?

on the grounds yet?
Sorry boys. Just heading back. 2 epic days. Hit some good ones on day 1. Up over $500. Went for it on day 2 and gave it back plus a little bit. Still so much fun. Del Mar is so great. Stay at the Hilton, everything is walking distance including great restaurants and breweries. Heading back now as have to go to a celebration of life later today. Gonna play some on the train. My bet is they seal the track ahead of the rain so will be speed friendly

Just a soggy crappy meet for Saratoga this summer. Sucks ☹️
This is why Del Mar is where it's at. Along with a (Seattle) Slew of other reasons.

Yes, a tropical storm rolled through yesterday, which is hard to believe and the furthest thing from concern, as far as continuing to be any sort of issue. Unlike Saratoga, which is a roll of the dice every week, as majestic as it is. That's an easy pass, between the two. There is SO much more at Del Mar, and you never have to worry about it being a downer. The Spa ain't cheap, either, better get lucky with weather, too, besides all the greasing you have to do.

Just a soggy crappy meet for Saratoga this summer. Sucks ☹️
This is why Del Mar is where it's at. Along with a (Seattle) Slew of other reasons.

Yes, a tropical storm rolled through yesterday, which is hard to believe and the furthest thing from concern, as far as continuing to be any sort of issue. Unlike Saratoga, which is a roll of the dice every week, as majestic as it is. That's an easy pass, between the two. There is SO much more at Del Mar, and you never have to worry about it being a downer. The Spa ain't cheap, either, better get lucky with weather, too, besides all the greasing you have to do.
I’m on the east coast. I follow the east coast connections
I play Santa Anita and Del Mar sometimes but I much prefer handicapping and placing bets from lunch to dinner than from 3 pm til 10pm my time

🤷🏻‍♂️

Forte

wish there were something more exciting to offer, but i've seen enough outta his comeback to know he's a notch above this crop - has two stakes wins over this track already, including that ballsy muscle up to take last month's Jim Dandy.

will consider Arcangelo underneath, but not much value here - gonna try to focus on the undercard if i get the time today ... been a very busy month thus far, really haven't hadt proper time to sit with all this.

Forte

wish there were something more exciting to offer, but i've seen enough outta his comeback to know he's a notch above this crop - has two stakes wins over this track already, including that ballsy muscle up to take last month's Jim Dandy.

will consider Arcangelo underneath, but not much value here - gonna try to focus on the undercard if i get the time today ... been a very busy month thus far, really haven't hadt proper time to sit with all this.
$10 win Mage

Money back special

🇮🇹 ARCANGELO! 🇮🇹

mi cugina Antonucci! 🤘

first off, much congrats out to those connections, Arcy stamped himself as top 3 y.o., and is gonna be one tough out in the Classic - he just made it look so effortless cruising home - well done!

FORTE ... PAGING FORTE!

so they put the blinks on, cuz Toddly didn't like the way he fanned 5 wide in the Belmont ... so whut happens yesterday? HE FANS 5 WIDE IN THE TRAVERS 😄

just the most bizarre race outta him, never ONCE thought he were gonna factor after i saw him cede the fence to Arcy, then drift out to the 3 path ... total a$$ effort.

final note - the fatalities are disgusting at this point ... not much else to say on that count - the meet can't end soon enough, been the worst Spa szn in history.

🐴

So the Google search for "aniscule" returns... this thread.

Now I still don't know what the f it means. Thanks, guys.

it's a nod to old friend wikkid, who was very fond of the term.

a search of it, with him as author, will unearth quite a bit of mentions.

Users who are viewing this thread