What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

16 New NFL Starting QBs 2023 Week 12 (1 Viewer)

LawFitz

Footballguy
Half the league's starters this coming weekend did not start for their current team last year. And I count 14 teams* below who are likely to be in the market for an early-round rookie QB in 2024. Next year's draft could be epic considering the cross section of talent pool and starved teams.

The Good -

Hou- Stroud
Was- Howell
Min- Dobbs* (Cousins)
Tam- Mayfield?*
NO- Carr?*
Cin- Browning?? (Burrow)

The Bad -

LV- AOC*
Ind- Minchew (ARich)
Ten- Levis*
GB- Love*
Atl- Ridder*
Car- Young
Cle- DTR* (Watson)

The Ugly -

NE- Jones/Zappe*
NYG- Devito* (Jones)
NYJ- ZWilson/Boyle* (ARod)

Others (Not New) in 2024 QB Market -

Chi- Fields*
LAR- Stafford*?
Sea- GSmith*
Pit- Pickett*

Last edited:
Ten- Levis*
You can take the * off Levis. Not that he’s been lighting it up but he’s starting next year while they address other needs.

Ten should be picking in the top half, probably top ten. Would they pass on a QB they grade as elite? I'm not sure Levis' draft pedigree or performance (thus far) is enough to steer them away. You may be right though, that it isn't likely.

2024 NFL Draft Order as of today

1 Chicago (Car)*
2 Arizona
3 New England*
4 Chicago
5 NY Giants*
6 Tennessee*
7 Washington
8 Atlanta*
9 Green Bay*
10 Tampa Bay*
11 NY Jets*
12 LA Chargers
13 LA Rams*
14 Las Vegas*
15 Indianapolis
16 Denver

Ten- Levis*
You can take the * off Levis. Not that he’s been lighting it up but he’s starting next year while they address other needs.

Ten should be picking in the top half, probably top ten. Would they pass on a QB they grade as elite? I'm not sure Levis' draft pedigree or performance (thus far) is enough to steer them away. You may be right though, that it isn't likely.
Yes. If they’re in position to get Harrison, they take him. If not, they’ll probably walk away with Fashanu, Alt, or Latham. If none of those are available it means they won more than I’d expect and can b either get Nabers or kool-aid (or the corner of their choice).

Bottom line - they have far too many needs to give up on Levis already and I think he’ll be a solid franchise starter.

Ten- Levis*

Same as Oz reply above just if it's top five maybe maybe maybe they take a QB or pretend they will leading up to the draft.

It will be identical to the Bears having a high pick in this last draft: is soandso a generational talent? Then you have to take him or trade down because he'll get you a king's ransom in return.

They've taken a tackle in the last 100 drafts but they still need two so it's most likely.
Corey Davis will be compared to Marvin Harrison Jr because he was also a top five WR and grrrr. The idea of him learning from Nuk is exciting.

Levis threw for 38 yards in a half, stunk, then played well when the game was out of hand.
Prior game he had 47 yards combined in quarter 2 and 3. This or severe injury is the only possible way they're replacing him. Those numbers are pathetic and they're easily improved upon so I don't at all think it continues. For context, it's about Malik's numbers last year and his big arm can better those in one throw. BUT the shine has worn off some, a little, and he has to do better.

I don't agree with @LawFitz list categories and can't quote for some reason.

A rookie QB (90 some odd percent) means losing and certain coaches can't afford that.

Example- If the Falcons staff stays, they're signing Tannehill if he doesn't become a veteran Titans backup. If they drafted a QB and he learned to a 2-15 record they'd all lose their jobs.

So I'd tweak some of those to be "no choice but to add a veteran"

I don't agree with @LawFitz list categories and can't quote for some reason.

A rookie QB (90 some odd percent) means losing and certain coaches can't afford that.

Example- If the Falcons staff stays, they're signing Tannehill if he doesn't become a veteran Titans backup. If they drafted a QB and he learned to a 2-15 record they'd all lose their jobs.

So I'd tweak some of those to be "no choice but to add a veteran"

I starred 15 teams in the OP, if you include the Rams. Of course, all 15 won't take an early QB. Even in this potentially historic class, there are only so many chairs. Broader points were:

1. The current state of NFL starting QBs is absolutely pathetic. Literally half the league is unsettled.
2. This is the perfect setup with a deep incoming class of QB prospects for an epic run of QB picks in the 2024 draft.

Take the Titans off the board. Fine. Doesn't change the above at all.

Reactions: Bri

Users who are viewing this thread