What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

18 year old leaves house, sues parents to pay for college and living e (1 Viewer)

Does this mean her parents will be paying for her education then?
Unsure, but not binding...maybe we can get a ruling on this from someone?
If I were her lawyer, I'd have told her that if she fears for her safety in any way at all, she should stay away. But that the case for her being unemancipated is certainly better if she's living at home.
Then the case is an 18 year old living at home, suing her parents for tuition when both parents are opposed to paying. That seems to be a fairly large intrusion into parental rights.

Starting to believe the child molestation angle. Something isn't right here.
I don't know if he's a molester or not, but I see a Dad with his arm around his daughter. If that makes him a molester, then every Dad on planet Earth is a molester.
Yeah I am not seeing anything wrong in that pic.
Me either... Dad and daughter do well in race, take a picture together with their medals, and dad's arms around daughter - There really isn't any grey here.

Except in the sense that she still has a pending lawsuit, I totally agree.

Wait, in what sense has she given up on her suit?
I guess I am jumping the gun here, which might be a mistake if it is simply a legal maneuver. And I suppose I shouldn't have ruled that out since lawyers are involved :pokey:
:lmao:

Yes, this legalese stuff is tricky. The phrases "although the lawsuit hasn't been officially withdrawn" and "over on a different level, not legal" are totally ambiguous and just the work of some meddling lawyers who just serve to inconvenience the rest of us.

Does this mean her parents will be paying for her education then?
Can't help but think that:

a) she realized she's not going to win this suit.

b) as stated in the deposition, she has to decide on colleges and put down a deposit soon.

c) she felt like if she goes home, her parents will put down the college deposit, then she can go back to acting up, OR, she realized like most sane people would, that if you just suck it up for 6 months, you'll be in college where you can do whatever you want anyway.

A Camden County judge has ordered divorced parents to pay college tuition for their daughter they haven't seen in at least a year. Story all over.

A Camden County judge has ordered divorced parents to pay college tuition for their daughter they haven't seen in at least a year. Story all over.
This sucks, but sort of makes sense. That same child has to claim her parents income when applying for federal aid which lowers their potential award.

And it seems the parents started it by trying to get her emancipated so they wouldn't have any responsibility after they allegedly kicked her out. Now it's all tears and please come home Not sure they are just victims here.

And it seems the parents started it by trying to get her emancipated so they wouldn't have any responsibility after they allegedly kicked her out. Now it's all tears and please come home Not sure they are just victims here.
Don't really care what they did. Parents shouldn't be required to provide higher education. The expectation of parental contribution to higher learning is part of why the entire system is so broken.

Don't really care what they did. Parents shouldn't be required to provide higher education. The expectation of parental contribution to higher learning is part of why the entire system is so broken.
System broken, exempting parents from personal responsibility. Got it.

This is gonna be used a lot.

:lmao: WTF
Our family law isn't anything that a nonlawyer would look at and go... oh that makes sense.
Yup. Unless I missed the change, NJ is one of the last remaining states where lifetime alimony is pretty much guaranteed to a woman upon divorce.

I have a former boss who is paying a big chunk of change each month to his ex that cheated on him despite the fact that she has been living for 20 years with the guy she cheated with. The only reason she won't marry the guy is because that would stop their gravy train.

Our family law isn't anything that a nonlawyer would look at and go... oh that makes sense.
Yup. Unless I missed the change, NJ is one of the last remaining states where lifetime alimony is pretty much guaranteed to a woman upon divorce.

I have a former boss who is paying a big chunk of change each month to his ex that cheated on him despite the fact that she has been living for 20 years with the guy she cheated with. The only reason she won't marry the guy is because that would stop their gravy train.
Actually, you did miss the change. The legislature finally sent a bill to Christie to sign and it became effective in September. We no longer have lifetime permanant alimony here.

Actually, you did miss the change. The legislature finally sent a bill to Christie to sign and it became effective in September. We no longer have lifetime permanant alimony here.
I'm moving back this month. One less reason to be ashamed of myself.

System broken, exempting parents from personal responsibility. Got it.

This is gonna be used a lot.
When do you suppose a parent's legal obligation to support their child should end? When the child is 65?

Users who are viewing this thread