What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2.1 and 3.1 Value (1 Viewer)

Cjw_55106

Footballguy
I've made offers to several owners for a 2023 1st rounder for this year's 13th and 25th picks. Is my value off? No one in the league had double digit wins or losses last year. I think its fair to say the 2023 pick could easily be anywhere in the first. 

Cjw_55106 said:
I've made offers to several owners for a 2023 1st rounder for this year's 13th and 25th picks. Is my value off? No one in the league had double digit wins or losses last year. I think its fair to say the 2023 pick could easily be anywhere in the first. 
Normally your value would be right there, but it's not this year. People are valuing those first-rounders with a good deal of husbandry. To use a trade calculator, KTC has the first round pick worth significantly more than those picks. 

And then think about it: Why are you willing to offer that deal? Did you think you were coming over the top? If not, then chances are you value it the same way that others do. It's a tough predicament and one I found myself in this year. I wound up making the picks instead of being able to deal them. Let's hope that works out. 

Normally your value would be right there, but it's not this year. People are valuing those first-rounders with a good deal of husbandry. To use a trade calculator, KTC has the first round pick worth significantly more than those picks. 

And then think about it: Why are you willing to offer that deal? Did you think you were coming over the top? If not, then chances are you value it the same way that others do. It's a tough predicament and one I found myself in this year. I wound up making the picks instead of being able to deal them. Let's hope that works out. 
Thanks for the reply!

Honestly, I dont have three guys I want to cut. Despite having the 1.01, I feel like my roster is pretty solid. Potential cuts bolded. 

Cousins, Kirk MIN 

Lance, Trey SFO 

Mills, Davis HOU QB

Carter, Michael NYJ 

Chubb, Nick CLE RB

Gainwell, Kenneth PHI 

Harris, Damien NEP 

Nwangwu, Kene MIN

Sanders, Miles PHI

Aiyuk, Brandon SFO 

Bateman, Rashod BAL

Chase, Ja'Marr CIN 

Jefferson, Justin MIN

Johnson, Diontae PIT 

Moore, Rondale ARI 

Osborn, K.J. MIN 

Reagor, Jalen PHI

Schultz, Dalton DAL

Smith Jr., Irv 

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree with this.  The perceived value of 2023 first rounders has gone way overboard.  Nobody wants to part with them at all.  They would rather give up 2022 picks just to protect the 2023 first rounder.  I tried to work a deal in a salary cap league and I was able to get the 1.01 this year put in a deal much easier than trying to get that guys 2023 first rounder.  That was a deal breaker for him.  That shows just how out of whack the perceived value for next year's first rounders have become.  

Users who are viewing this thread