What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

#2 Pick Sucks (1 Viewer)

KingK

Footballguy
No AP, too high to draft a QB early.

All the other RB's are all the same. Doug Martin with #2 pick ??? What a joke, he sucks.

All these wannabe studs like lynch and charles I drafted last year with #12 pick.

Then you have to wait forver to draft again. Probably best to trade this pick depending on your scoring format.

Foster banged, question marks everywhere. No solid #2 pick imo.

Totally sucks being one of the 5 picks that get a legit RB1, RB2 and WR1 - so awful :fishing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, I'd be totally happy with Richardson or AP there.

Secondly, I don't think there's any QB that's even close to being a good value at that spot.

BUT...

In preseason mocking, any time I drafted a QB out of the 2 slot, I really liked how my team ended up.

All the other RB's are all the same. Doug Martin with #2 pick ??? What a joke, he sucks.

All these wannabe studs like lynch and charles I drafted last year with #12 pick.

Then you have to wait forver to draft again. Probably best to trade this pick depending on your scoring format.

I love spiller at 2 and that is what I did with the 2pick... your a moron.

You get your pick of 6 potential stud RB's instead of taking who's left if you have 6 or 7. Take the best RB or WR available in rounds 2 and 3 and you should end up with a solid team. Trust your projections and instincts and go get your guy.

Only if you cant make a determination on who is the best back available.

Once you learn to trust yourself and its a super draft spot.

I tried desperately to trade out of #2 but got no offers...so (in a 6 pt pass td league) I took Brees and immediately regretted it. Fortunately though it created enough confusion that two other guys went qb in the first round - then a few guys took WRs in round 2 so that Ray Rice fell back to me with 2.11. How I do not know but quite happy with the result. The bad part is though that I then was chasing rbs when all the good wrs were going.

I tried desperately to trade out of #2 but got no offers...so (in a 6 pt pass td league) I took Brees and immediately regretted it. Fortunately though it created enough confusion that two other guys went qb in the first round - then a few guys took WRs in round 2 so that Ray Rice fell back to me with 2.11. How I do not know but quite happy with the result. The bad part is though that I then was chasing rbs when all the good wrs were going.
is your league 4 or 6 pts for a passing td?

If you don't like the RBs, take Calvin.

But, picking at 2, I would think you gotta roll the dice on someone like Charles, Spiller, or McCoy. Nothing wrong with punting on Martin and Foster if you don't like them, but to pass over the upside of some of these other guys, you'd just be giving up a ton of value if they go off for RB1.

It's a gamble, sure, cuz if your RB drops to RB5 or worse, you'd have been better off taking Calvin, assuming he ends the year as WR1 or WR2.

How can it possibly suck?? You get your pick of any player your heart desires other then AP. Sounds pretty good to me. CJ Spiller, Jamal Charles, Doug Martin, Calvin Johnson, Drew Brees, or Aaron Rodgers are all there for the taking.

I personally would take Spiller and never look back. If RB isn't your thing, take the 2000 yard WR in Megatron or 5000 yard/40 YD QB in Brees.

Charles and Martin are the guys I would go with and in that order. Great start to backfield either way.

I'll be sure to remember that.

I think it is funny how everyone seemed to miss the fact that he said Doug Martin "sucks". LMAO! Also, something that was missed earlier in the thread is that someone said Ray Rice fell to them in their draft. @ 2.11. LMAO 2 times!

is your league 4 or 6 pts for a passing td?
6 point per pass td which is why I went Brees - and got really lucky with the RBs that I managed to pick up. Either way, with the #2 pick you pick your poison if you go RB (safe route) you will not get a premier QB or WR - but if you don't go RB you will have a messed up RB corps (unless you get really lucky and have the right side of a RBBC).

These one round drafts really suck. I never know who to take...
Best posting ever.

Waaaaay too many of these draft pick threads get started and most people just talk about who to take in the first. Might as well make it a "list your top X RBs thread" if that's all folks are really asking for.

I gave my thoughts, and results from a real draft, in the other 2nd pick thread but I'll paste it here to see if it sparks nay more discussion...

drafted last night from the 2 slot as well but NON-ppr, and NON-TE-mandatory, 1QB/2RB/3Rec/K/DST/no flex. 12 teams

QB. Luck 7, Freeman 12

RB: Martin 1, C Johnson 2, Sproles 4, BJGE 8, DJHarris 14

WR: White 3, ABrown 5, Nicks 6, Jennings 9, Britt 10,

K: Tucker 13

DST: Pats 11

I'm happy. Stuck to my plan and drafted the 12TH QB off the board. Was estatic that C Johnson dropped to me in the 2nd.

Can't get over my addiction to RBs and, even though we only start 2 RBs, I didn't like the backup RBs I was getting after the 5th round in my mocks, so I grabbed Sproles as a solid rb3.

Since I went 3rd RB "early", I intentional drafted a few high risk/reward WRs for my WR3 slot in Nicks/Britt/Jennings.

thoughts?

I feel so bad for you. You get your choice of RB besides AP and then a top QB/WR/TE in the 2nd, followed by a good RB2 in the 3rd. Spare me.

Every randomly generated draft order I've had so far this season has been this: 10/12, 7/10, 12/12, 10/12, 10/12. How is that even possible?

Slot 1 & 2 are fine. Question marks start climbing from there.

Stud RB's....

martin

Richardson

spiller

Morris

That's waiver wire talent/material.

Same people who were picking AP in the 3 round last year, injury blah blah, still would not have gone #1.

My picks last year were Lynch, Charles, AP, and had like the last pick,

Guys were masturbating at Mcfadden a stud RB in the top 5,

Studs are L.T. in prime not ####en lucky martin...lol

I would take Rodgers or Brees if the scoring was QB friendly.

I like to value draft RB's, buy low like CJ, mcfadden, mccoy, rice and bums like that.

My other draft I got #1 pick, weird, I've always got #8-14 picks the last 10 years.

But #2 is my big money league so taking it seriously.

Problem with you guys is you draft based on last year, I draft on this year.

Charles, Martin, Morris, will not finish Top 5 backs.

AP will be "average"

KingK said:

AP will be "average"
If you know where everyone will end up, I dont understand your whining.

In a re-draft PPR league, I traded my 1st round pick (2) and 15th round pick for his 1st round (11) and 4th round pick. So in the end the trade looked like this;

ME Him

CJ Spiller Ray Rice

David Wilson Rams Defense

Needless to say I'm very happy. My advice is to trade out of that spot if possibile.

Richardson and Spiller are pretty good "upside" picks. If you really don't want to grab Megatron, McCoy, or Charles.

KingK said:

AP will be "average"
Time the #### out. So I was thinking you were pissed about Adrian Peterson being gone and now you're basically saying he'll be "average" so you don't really want him either? What the #### was the point of this thread then? Nice work troll, suck my :pickle: .

In a re-draft PPR league, I traded my 1st round pick (2) and 15th round pick for his 1st round (11) and 4th round pick. So in the end the trade looked like this;

ME Him

CJ Spiller Ray Rice

Needless to say I'm very happy. My advice is to trade out of that spot if possibile.
What kind of idiots do you play with?

I see little difference in the first round between #2 (Martin, Spiller, Charles, Richardson, McCoy?) and most of the rest of the round, so you are handicapped with a later second round selection, which will likely yield you a sharper decline in talent. That being said, I really like the early turn in Round #3.

As for who to select at 1.02, I think a good argument may be made for a number of players, and each has his own variety of imperfections.

ME Him

CJ Spiller Ray Rice

I question the skill level of your league

I see little difference in the first round between #2 (Martin, Spiller, Charles, Richardson, McCoy?) and most of the rest of the round, so you are handicapped with a later second round selection, which will likely yield you a sharper decline in talent. That being said, I really like the early turn in Round #3.

As for who to select at 1.02, I think a good argument may be made for a number of players, and each has his own variety of imperfections.
I agree with most of this. What I really don't like is the turn from round 6 to 7 (in a ten-teamer). I feel like the talent really drops from the players in the early 50s, so I am looking to orchestrate a trade that will get me 10-11 and 50-51 in exchange for 2-19 and 42-59.

No 2 pick definitely doesn't suck but it has me thinking. I thought it would be simpler. I want McCoy but I don't want to have to draft at 2 (NTTAWWT?) I am currently trying to trade down to the 5th spot.

I'm in a situation where I don't have the #2 pick, but there's a decent chance, because of the league I'm in and the QB heavy scoring that I'll be picking RB2.

It's such a difficult question to answer this year.

I'm pretty much ruling out Foster. And I like Ray Rice, but I'm not sure he offers the upside this year (even though his floor is probably the safest).

With him out of the equation it's down to

-Martin

-Spiller

-Charles

-McCoy

-Richardson

-Lynch

Lynch I'm kind of out on because it's 0.5 PPR and that shrinks his contribution for fantasy a little. Spiller I've been dropping in recent weeks due to the Bills offensive situation, concerns about whether he'd hold up with a full workload, and concerns about what Jackson's role will ultimately be.

I know Martin is the consensus #2 for a lot of people, but I just don't think he's as talented as the other three, nor do I think he's in nearly as stable an offensive situation (can't believe I'm actually considering the Cleveland offense more stable than TB).

So it's likely going to be one out of McCoy, Charles, and Richardson, and what makes it so tough, is they all basically have the same things going for them:

-New offenses which should be favorable to them and utilize them well in both the run and pass game.

-Good offensive lines

-Not an alarming amount of mileage like a Foster.

I'm a little concerned any gains Charles makes in the passing game will be negated because Andy Reid will probably cut the number of rushing attempts KC backs get on the whole versus last year.

A really like McCoy, but I'm having trouble getting past this gut feeling that this is the year Richardson busts out AP style. The guy is the most talented back since AP. He went through a grueling Alabama year and then into a grueling first year with Cleveland, but he's healthy, he's lost some weight which should help his quickness, and he's a punishing runner.

Add Norv's track record to the mix, and if Weeden is competent enough just to make teams have to respect the deep balls to Gordon and Little, it could be a monster year .

I'm in a situation where I don't have the #2 pick, but there's a decent chance, because of the league I'm in and the QB heavy scoring that I'll be picking RB2.

It's such a difficult question to answer this year.

I'm pretty much ruling out Foster. And I like Ray Rice, but I'm not sure he offers the upside this year (even though his floor is probably the safest).

With him out of the equation it's down to

-Martin

-Spiller

-Charles

-McCoy

-Richardson

-Lynch

Lynch I'm kind of out on because it's 0.5 PPR and that shrinks his contribution for fantasy a little. Spiller I've been dropping in recent weeks due to the Bills offensive situation, concerns about whether he'd hold up with a full workload, and concerns about what Jackson's role will ultimately be.

I know Martin is the consensus #2 for a lot of people, but I just don't think he's as talented as the other three, nor do I think he's in nearly as stable an offensive situation (can't believe I'm actually considering the Cleveland offense more stable than TB).

So it's likely going to be one out of McCoy, Charles, and Richardson, and what makes it so tough, is they all basically have the same things going for them:

-New offenses which should be favorable to them and utilize them well in both the run and pass game.

-Good offensive lines

-Not an alarming amount of mileage like a Foster.

I'm a little concerned any gains Charles makes in the passing game will be negated because Andy Reid will probably cut the number of rushing attempts KC backs get on the whole versus last year.

A really like McCoy, but I'm having trouble getting past this gut feeling that this is the year Richardson busts out AP style. The guy is the most talented back since AP. He went through a grueling Alabama year and then into a grueling first year with Cleveland, but he's healthy, he's lost some weight which should help his quickness, and he's a punishing runner.

Add Norv's track record to the mix, and if Weeden is competent enough just to make teams have to respect the deep balls to Gordon and Little, it could be a monster year .
It's a shame there's only a handful of good posts in this thread, but this is one of them. I pretty much concur. Could you get the guy you want in the 1st at #7? Maybe. But at #2 you know you can. Plus, having a top pick in the 3rd is very valuable with the WR dropoff in that range. AND, I've seen some of the high upside RBs go in the late 4th/early 5th. Make a tough decision at #2, then let it all come to you. You could end up with something like Trent/Julio/SJax/Wilson/Bowe.

KingK said:

AP will be "average"
Time the #### out. So I was thinking you were pissed about Adrian Peterson being gone and now you're basically saying he'll be "average" so you don't really want him either? What the #### was the point of this thread then? Nice work troll, suck my :pickle: .
Average being 1500 yards 11 td's

Average for him not the rest. You think he'll hit 2000 + again?

Users who are viewing this thread