What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2004 NFL Draft...Pittsburgh... (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Get Big Ben and Polamolu...both are the leaders of their side of the ball. Who is the Steelers GM? He has got be mentioned as one of the greats around the NFL now.Very happy for Steeler fans although I was really rooting for the Colts and Dungy...at this point Bettis makes for a good story...Cowher finally winning the big one as well. He has the longest tenure of any coach now I believe. Plax must be shooting himself that he didn't play nice so he could stay in the Steel city. Pittsburgh is run the right way...a few years ago they were slurred for not locking up guys in their prime but they look like they might reclaim some glory in 2 weeks.

Actually -- Troy Polamalu was selected in the first round in the 2003 NFL Draft, Ben Roethlisberger in the 2004.Steelers necessarily don't have a "GM" they have a 'Director of Football Operations' instead who handles that sort of stuff with Cowher and Rooney.And his name is Kevin Colbert.

Actually -- Troy Polamalu was selected in the first round in the 2003 NFL Draft, Ben Roethlisberger in the 2004.

Steelers necessarily don't have a "GM" they have a 'Director of Football Operations' instead who handles that sort of stuff with Cowher and Rooney.

And his name is Kevin Colbert.
Thank you. I guess it was 2 years in a row...still its quite a run...so many 1st round busts and they pulled these 2 names out. Troy was thought to be too small but he is worth his weight in gold it seems. USC grad too doesn't hurt...good bloodlines from Carroll's defense.

Big Ben I know was passed up for Eli and Phillip Rivers who haven't played a snap...not sure Ben would have been as good in New York or even played in San Diego but it sure must be sweet to stick it to all those teams that passed you by.

And their #1 draft choice in 2005 was TE Heath Miller. I'd say they hit a trifecta on their #1 picks the last 3 drafts.

Actually -- Troy Polamalu was selected in the first round in the 2003 NFL Draft, Ben Roethlisberger in the 2004.

Steelers necessarily don't have a "GM" they have a 'Director of Football Operations' instead who handles that sort of stuff with Cowher and Rooney.

And his name is Kevin Colbert.
Thank you. I guess it was 2 years in a row...still its quite a run...so many 1st round busts and they pulled these 2 names out. Troy was thought to be too small but he is worth his weight in gold it seems. USC grad too doesn't hurt...good bloodlines from Carroll's defense.

Big Ben I know was passed up for Eli and Phillip Rivers who haven't played a snap...not sure Ben would have been as good in New York or even played in San Diego but it sure must be sweet to stick it to all those teams that passed you by.
No problem -- Phillip actually got some garbage time whenever Drew Brees got injured in the last game of the year vs. Denver. Ben is a perfect fit for a Steelers style offense with, which was, a run first mentality, the coaching staff has been more and more leniant with giving Ben the reins to the offense and it has paid off in dividends. They are not the same team that was in the playoffs last year.Recently, if you look at some notable draft picks in past years, the scouting coaches have done a hell of a job.

2005 - RD1 Heath Miller, RD2 Bryant McFadden

2004 - RD1 Ben Roethlisberger, RD2 Ricardo Colclough, RD3 Max Starks

2003 - RD1 Troy Polamalu, RD4 Ike Taylor

2002 - RD1 Kendall Simmons, RD2 Antwaan Randle El,RD3 Chris Hope, RD4 Larry Foote, RD7 Brett Keisel

2001 - RD1 Casey Hampton, RD2 Kendrell Bell, RD5 Chukky Okobi

2000 - RD1 Plaxico Burress, RD2 Marvel Smith, RD5 Clark Haggans

1999 - RD2 Joey Porter, RD4 Aaron Smith

There was some shaky years in between that span, but overall, excellent pick selections.

(Information found at http://www.steelergridiron.com/ )

Users who are viewing this thread