What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2006 Rook draft: (1 Viewer)

Thanks man. I had some salary cap issues that made me want to get out of the first round and Clayton and Watson were cheap.

I traded 1.05, Braylon Edwards, Thomas Jones, Derrick Mason, and Muhsin Muhammed for Larry Fitzgerald. :o

I unloaded the 1.7 and 1.8 for Roy Williams, Tony Gonzo, and Lee Suggs...

Not bad considering i'm looking at the best WR available and a possible stud TE in Davis at those picks.

I unloaded the 1.7 and 1.8 for Roy Williams, Tony Gonzo, and Lee Suggs...

Not bad considering i'm looking at the best WR available and a possible stud TE in Davis at those picks.
You mean you received the 1.7 and 1.8 correct? :confused:

I just traded the #4 pick for the #8 and #12.  I had no immediate need at RB or QB.  I still think I can get one of the top 7 players like Cutler, Young, or possibly even Maroney with #8.  I could possibly get Cutler and Addai/Drew.  Depending on where Addai or Drew land that could be pretty good.  Or I could get AJ Hawk or Mario Williams.  I still have flexibility to go various routes.  The #4 pick has just as much likelihood of being a bust as the #32.  Especially when you are talking about a bunch of smallish RB's that had less than spectacular years...with the exception of Bush and maybe D. Williams.
Wow do you have a convoluted view of the rookie draft...Maroney at #8?? LOL.

Addai/Drew at #12 if they land in a good situation?? LMAO. If they land in a good situation they won't even be there at 8.

#4 pick has as much likelihood of being a bust as the #32?? HAHA.

I'm really not trying to show you up or anything but man did you get taken bigtime on that trade...
Well...I guess you are entitled to your opinion. With all your supreme knowledge playing in A 12 TEAM dynasty. Wow! Gotta be pretty good to be in that 12 teamer of yours. I could never compete and I'm sure you'd show me up year in and year out...Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha... :lmao: :lmao: . Bottom line is, I'd rather have the #8 and #12 and take whatever RB falls to me at #8 and a qb at #12 or whatever else I feel like doing. Maybe I take Hawk, maybe I take V. Davis, the point is that now I have TWO decent first round picks instead of ONE. And you obviously are too full of yourself or too ignorant to understand that you have better odds of success with TWO picks. This way I don't have to put all my eggs in one basket.

I just traded the #4 pick for the #8 and #12.  I had no immediate need at RB or QB.  I still think I can get one of the top 7 players like Cutler, Young, or possibly even Maroney with #8.  I could possibly get Cutler and Addai/Drew.  Depending on where Addai or Drew land that could be pretty good.  Or I could get AJ Hawk or Mario Williams.  I still have flexibility to go various routes.  The #4 pick has just as much likelihood of being a bust as the #32.  Especially when you are talking about a bunch of smallish RB's that had less than spectacular years...with the exception of Bush and maybe D. Williams.

Addai/Drew at #12 if they land in a good situation?? LMAO. If they land in a good situation they won't even be there at 8.

I'm really not trying to show you up or anything but man did you get taken bigtime on that trade...
Well...I guess you are entitled to your opinion. With all your supreme knowledge playing in A 12 TEAM dynasty. Wow! Gotta be pretty good to be in that 12 teamer of yours. I could never compete and I'm sure you'd show me up year in and year out...Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha... :lmao: :lmao: . Bottom line is, I'd rather have the #8 and #12 and take whatever RB falls to me at #8 and a qb at #12 or whatever else I feel like doing. Maybe I take Hawk, maybe I take V. Davis, the point is that now I have TWO decent first round picks instead of ONE. And you obviously are too full of yourself or too ignorant to understand that you have better odds of success with TWO picks. This way I don't have to put all my eggs in one basket.
Guys.That's why this trade works.

Both teams that made the trade, were thinking different.

No one is wrong. No one knows more.

Pick 4 is one of the 4 RB's which ever one is there.

Picks 8 and 12 is who knows?. Who knows for some is to risky.

Going by pick value pick 4=1800.

Pick 8=1400 and pick 12=1200.

So I see why having the two picks would also be good. :thumbup:

But again it was a fair trade. :yes:

Thanks GregR for pick value. :thumbup:

:goodposting: p.s.

I'm now trying to trade the #12 and another player for the #14 and #16. That would leave me with 3 of the top 32 picks. So, in theory, I could end up with Addai/Calhoun/Harrison/Norwood...best scenario, or one of the top 3 qb's, the top TE or the top WR, and the top LB possibly. There is alot of options I could go with and I'd rather have that than...the #4 pick. But I'm sure the guy that got #4 is happy too because he has a couple later picks as well.

I traded 1.05, Braylon Edwards, Thomas Jones, Derrick Mason, and Muhsin Muhammed for Larry Fitzgerald. :o
If that's a small league :thumbup: A large league, I'm not so sure. Fitz is a big time stud, but Braylon may be as well. If you have large lineups, I think I prefer the other side.

FWIW, I'm thinking the probable upside for the 1.05 pick right now is Chris Perry. Talented RB, won't start for a couple years, but shows great promise.

:goodposting: p.s.

I'm now trying to trade the #12 and another player for the #14 and #16. That would leave me with 3 of the top 32 picks. So, in theory, I could end up with Addai/Calhoun/Harrison/Norwood...best scenario, or one of the top 3 qb's, the top TE or the top WR, and the top LB possibly. There is alot of options I could go with and I'd rather have that than...the #4 pick. But I'm sure the guy that got #4 is happy too because he has a couple later picks as well.
Wait, I don't think the criticism came so much for what you dealt as it did for who you think will be there at those picks. In most (if not all) leagues, Maroney won't be there at 8 nor will RB #5 in this draft at 12. That's what he was saying, and based on thinking if you're getting those players, then you got hosed in the deal. Most likely you end up with QB #2 and either Vernon Davis or RB #6 or 7 with what you got, and time will tell what is better to have. In your situation maybe that's better to have.

Oh, and what is wrong with 12 team dynasty leagues? :confused:

im sitting at 1.5 in my zealots dynasty draft. i am in desperate need of a rb. i have a pretty solid team with lots of depth everywhere except rb and te. im torn on making a move now and having to move up to 1.2 or 1.3 to make sure i get a solid rb or wait and see how the draft falls out to see if there will be a rb at 1.5. or just stand pat and build team depth by taking a te or qb at that spot. below is my team your thought. the team with 1.2 needs a qb,and the team at 1.3 needs wr help. ive offere bledose and my 1.5 for 1.2 and houshmanzadeh and 1.5 for 1.3. i think both of those offers are fair.

Bledsoe, Drew DAL QB 252.66 9

Dilfer, Trent CLE QB 127.54 4

Frye, Charlie CLE QB 58.38 4

Manning, Peyton IND QB 300.38 8

Sorgi, Jim IND QB 32.46 8

Arrington, J.J. ARI RB 61.90 6

Barber, Marion DAL RB 102.45 9

Barber, Tiki NYG RB 310.00 5

Fason, Ciatrick MIN RB 29.70 5

Haynes, Verron PIT RB 58.80 4

Jones, Julius DAL RB 148.20 9

Pinner, Artose DET RB 77.00 3

Shipp, Marcel ARI RB 71.60 6

Staley, Duce PIT RB 24.20 4

Thompson, Tyson DAL RB 54.81 9

Edwards, Braylon CLE WR (I) 70.20 4

Evans, Lee BUF WR 125.10 9

Glenn, Terry DAL WR 168.20 9

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR 152.10 10

McDonald, Shaun STL WR 54.70 9

Muhammad, Muhsin CHI WR 105.00 4

Toomer, Amani NYG WR 112.40 5

Warrick, Peter SEA WR 20.95 8

Williams, Roy DET WR 118.70 3

Williams, Roydell TEN WR (I) 41.90 10

Duke, Wesley DEN TE 8.20 9

Everett, Kevin BUF TE - 9

Heap, Todd BAL TE 128.50 3

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK 127.60 10

Freeney, Dwight IND DE 77.00 8

Mathis, Robert IND DE 102.00 8

Spicer, Paul JAC DE 62.50 7

Suggs, Terrell BAL DE 101.30 3

Brooking, Keith ATL LB 140.00 8

Edwards, Donnie SDC LB 165.50 10

Greenwood, Morlon HOU LB 114.00 3

Morrison, Kirk OAK LB 109.50 5

Ruud, Barrett TBB LB 18.00 7

Smith, Derek M SFO LB 120.30 6

Thurman, Odell CIN LB 134.90 10

Clements, Nate BUF CB 121.10 9

Miller, Justin NYJ CB 79.57 8

Robinson, Dunta HOU CB 96.60 3

Williams, Darrent DEN CB 110.05 9

Collins, Nick GBP S 94.00 6

Reed, Edward BAL S 49.30 3

ive offere bledose and my 1.5 for 1.2 and houshmanzadeh and 1.5 for 1.3. i think both of those offers are fair.
Hate to break it to ya, but you're gonna get laughed at by those owners..

im sitting at 1.5 in my zealots dynasty draft. i am in desperate need of a rb. i have a pretty solid team with lots of depth everywhere except rb and te. im torn on making a move now and having to move up to 1.2 or 1.3 to make sure i get a solid rb or wait and see how the draft falls out to see if there will be a rb at 1.5. or just stand pat and build team depth by taking a te or qb at that spot. below is my team your thought. the team with 1.2 needs a qb,and the team at 1.3 needs wr help. ive offere bledose and my 1.5 for 1.2 and houshmanzadeh and 1.5 for 1.3. i think both of those offers are fair.

Bledsoe, Drew DAL QB 252.66 9

Dilfer, Trent CLE QB 127.54 4

Frye, Charlie CLE QB 58.38 4

Manning, Peyton IND QB 300.38 8

Sorgi, Jim IND QB 32.46 8

Arrington, J.J. ARI RB 61.90 6

Barber, Marion DAL RB 102.45 9

Barber, Tiki NYG RB 310.00 5

Fason, Ciatrick MIN RB 29.70 5

Haynes, Verron PIT RB 58.80 4

Jones, Julius DAL RB 148.20 9

Pinner, Artose DET RB 77.00 3

Shipp, Marcel ARI RB 71.60 6

Staley, Duce PIT RB 24.20 4

Thompson, Tyson DAL RB 54.81 9

Edwards, Braylon CLE WR (I) 70.20 4

Evans, Lee BUF WR 125.10 9

Glenn, Terry DAL WR 168.20 9

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR 152.10 10

McDonald, Shaun STL WR 54.70 9

Muhammad, Muhsin CHI WR 105.00 4

Toomer, Amani NYG WR 112.40 5

Warrick, Peter SEA WR 20.95 8

Williams, Roy DET WR 118.70 3

Williams, Roydell TEN WR (I) 41.90 10

Duke, Wesley DEN TE 8.20 9

Everett, Kevin BUF TE - 9

Heap, Todd BAL TE 128.50 3

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK 127.60 10

Freeney, Dwight IND DE 77.00 8

Mathis, Robert IND DE 102.00 8

Spicer, Paul JAC DE 62.50 7

Suggs, Terrell BAL DE 101.30 3

Brooking, Keith ATL LB 140.00 8

Edwards, Donnie SDC LB 165.50 10

Greenwood, Morlon HOU LB 114.00 3

Morrison, Kirk OAK LB 109.50 5

Ruud, Barrett TBB LB 18.00 7

Smith, Derek M SFO LB 120.30 6

Thurman, Odell CIN LB 134.90 10

Clements, Nate BUF CB 121.10 9

Miller, Justin NYJ CB 79.57 8

Robinson, Dunta HOU CB 96.60 3

Williams, Darrent DEN CB 110.05 9

Collins, Nick GBP S 94.00 6

Reed, Edward BAL S 49.30 3
You'll definitely be able to get a Rb at #5. Addai or Calhoun or Norwood for example. Here's a promising tidbit.Teams needing a RB:

Atlanta

Denver

Green Bay

Indy

Jacksonville

NYG

NYJ

New Orleans

New England

It has also been rumored that Philly and Pitt might draft a RB. These teams probably will draft a RB within the first 3 rounds. The way I look at it there are 8 legit running backs in this draft and that's not counting the runt Drew (5'7"). Ofcourse, with some of these teams you might have to wait a year or two for whomever you draft to get their chance.

I traded 1.05, Braylon Edwards, Thomas Jones, Derrick Mason, and Muhsin Muhammed for Larry Fitzgerald.   :o
If that's a small league :thumbup: A large league, I'm not so sure. Fitz is a big time stud, but Braylon may be as well. If you have large lineups, I think I prefer the other side.

FWIW, I'm thinking the probable upside for the 1.05 pick right now is Chris Perry. Talented RB, won't start for a couple years, but shows great promise.
12 team league, starting lineups are 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 flex. I am fortunate enough that not a single player that I gave up was slated to start for my team and could afford to overpay a little for a guy I wanted.

I hated to give up Braylon, but the guy that owned Fitz loves him as much as I do, so he was tough to pry away and I had to do what I had to do. I've done a lot of analysis over the offseason, and it's not very easy to find a WR that comes back from ACL and goes on to be a special, special player. Braylon is very young, medical technology is better than it has ever been, these factors play to his benefit. But still, he has a reconstructed knee, and really has only had about 2 great games. Is he another top drafted WR that will be good but not great ala Andre Johnson/Koren Robinson? Or perhaps he could go the way of C Rogers/Terrell. Maybe his injury will take his career the path of David Boston - a guy whose leg has given him perpetual problems in his career. All of these guys have had big games in the past, but I have have a tough time calling any of them very special - and they didn't tear ACL's either. Or is he the next special WR? It's a REALLY tough call at this point....

But when you analyze Fitz's stats, he's just too special to not go after when I have the chance. He's the #1 dynasty WR in the league at this point. Only 1 WR in the history of the game has scored more points at his age or younger - Randy Moss. Moss' rookie year he was a phenom, but his 2nd season he outdid what Fitz did this year by only 4 yards and 1 TD. This is the tier that Fitz falls into as far as dynasty - the Randy Moss tier. Of the players in the top 10 last season, Chad Johnson, Santana Moss, Chris Chambers, Anquan Boldin, and Joey Galloway have never scored as many points in any season in their career as Fitz did last season. Holt, Steve Smith, and Hines Ward have only outdid it once in their careers. And he's 22 1/2! This is just a special, special player and I had to have him. I overpayed for Randy Moss back in 00 in another dynasty league, and haven't been disappointed in the slightest....I expect this will work out similarly.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive offere bledose and my 1.5  for 1.2 and houshmanzadeh and 1.5 for 1.3.  i think both of those offers are fair. 
:lmao:
im curious why you think that. the guy at 1.2 is going intio the season with rex grossman at his only starter and the guy at 1.3 has these wr: calico, colbert, d.henderson, stallworth, lloyd, and antonio chatman. slim pickens there and his rb are benson, droughns, ricky williams,l. jordan, tj duckett, and westbrook. why would he not want to bolster his wr. by dropping down to 1.5 he can still take a rb and have housh. i dont think you thought too, much about your response.

in your mind, what would it take? :boxing:

ive offere bledose and my 1.5  for 1.2 and houshmanzadeh and 1.5 for 1.3.  i think both of those offers are fair. 
im curious why you think that. the guy at 1.2 is going intio the season with rex grossman at his only starter and the guy at 1.3 has these wr: calico, colbert, d.henderson, stallworth, lloyd, and antonio chatman. slim pickens there and his rb are benson, droughns, ricky williams,l. jordan, tj duckett, and westbrook. why would he not want to bolster his wr. by dropping down to 1.5 he can still take a rb and have housh. i dont think you thought too, much about your response.

But the overall drop in value is ridiculous on both of these offers. Bledsoe is a short term fix at QB and has little value in a dynasty format. Sure, he's better than Grossman, but he can do better than that for the value he would be giving up there. By a lot.Same holds true for the other guy. Housh has more value than Bledsoe, but not a ton, and if that guy is going to be willing to give up 1.03, he can get an awful lot better of a player than that.

I could care less what my team looks like - if I'm getting hosed in value while trading down, either in talent or in draft picks, I'm simply not making a deal. You can find other deals that help you as well where you aren't getting hosed. And you are hosing these guys in value by a ton. You simply don't downgrade in talent at a position for players like Bledsoe and Housh, rule #1 of the dynasty format. Either they don't belong in a dynasty league, or they will laugh at you.

But the overall drop in value is ridiculous on both of these offers. Bledsoe is a short term fix at QB and has little value in a dynasty format. Sure, he's better than Grossman, but he can do better than that for the value he would be giving up there. By a lot.Same holds true for the other guy. Housh has more value than Bledsoe, but not a ton, and if that guy is going to be willing to give up 1.03, he can get an awful lot better of a player than that.

I could care less what my team looks like - if I'm getting hosed in value while trading down, either in talent or in draft picks, I'm simply not making a deal. You can find other deals that help you as well where you aren't getting hosed. And you are hosing these guys in value by a ton. You simply don't downgrade in talent at a position for players like Bledsoe and Housh, rule #1 of the dynasty format. Either they don't belong in a dynasty league, or they will laugh at you.
this i great feedback. i've offerred both of these trades. both owners have declined but have said that they were fair offers and are thinking about it. i when i offerred the deal i said that i was just testing the waters and would not make a deal until after the nfl draft . i may not want to move up. i understand the percived value, but what would you offer these owners. i think you have too much value placed on these picks. seriously what is this drop off in value. housh is a young top 25 wr. you could not hope to draft any better this year especially. plus you get to pick at 1.5, there will be a rb, topwr, topqb, or top te there. im a firm beliver in i can only play 2 rbs it does me no good having 6 and no wrs. obviously we all want the home run deal, but really- im not gonna get hosed either for a guy like tatum bell.( drafted third in his rookie class)

it not like this is a proven rb. like LT or alexander.

please,

respond

this i great feedback. i've offerred both of these trades. both owners have declined but have said that they were fair offers and are thinking about it. i when i offerred the deal i said that i was just testing the waters and would not make a deal until after the nfl draft . i may not want to move up. i understand the percived value, but what would you offer these owners. i think you have too much value placed on these picks. seriously what is this drop off in value. housh is a young top 25 wr. you could not hope to draft any better this year especially. plus you get to pick at 1.5, there will be a rb, topwr, topqb, or top te there. im a firm beliver in i can only play 2 rbs it does me no good having 6 and no wrs. obviously we all want the home run deal, but really- im not gonna get hosed either for a guy like tatum bell.( drafted third in his rookie class)

please,

respond
Really, I think the problem is that you are overvaluing the 5. As of today, there is a massive drop from 4 to 5. Now, this could change drastically on draft day, like what happened in 04 when Tatum and Julius both went from 2nd tier to 1st based on where they landed. There are a couple of guys like Addai that have potential to make that 5 jump in value, but as it stands today there is just a massive drop.I don't know what format you play in, but just about every dynasty I have played in places an even huger importance on RB than you would in a redraft. You simply can't get them. There are 2 ways - overpay like mad, or draft one. WR's and QB's not so much. These guys have the chance to draft one, very young ones on top of that, and that lottery ticket has some massive value.

Think of it this way, no the pick isn't proven like LT or Alexander, but unless you had a pick like these ones back in 00 and 01 respectively, you don't have Alexander or LT. Unless you payed out your you know what... These guys have a chance to get the next LT, Alexander, Edge, Ricky, Jamal Lewis, Caddy, etc, etc and unless they get something hugely attractive there is no reason to trade that chance. Your pick is on the outside looking in at this point, and Bledsoe or Housh just aren't the calibre of players that are going to get you in unless these guys simply don't know what they're doing.

please,

respond
Really, I think the problem is that you are overvaluing the 5. As of today, there is a massive drop from 4 to 5. Now, this could change drastically on draft day, like what happened in 04 when Tatum and Julius both went from 2nd tier to 1st based on where they landed. There are a couple of guys like Addai that have potential to make that 5 jump in value, but as it stands today there is just a massive drop.I don't know what format you play in, but just about every dynasty I have played in places an even huger importance on RB than you would in a redraft. You simply can't get them. There are 2 ways - overpay like mad, or draft one. WR's and QB's not so much. These guys have the chance to draft one, very young ones on top of that, and that lottery ticket has some massive value.

Think of it this way, no the pick isn't proven like LT or Alexander, but unless you had a pick like these ones back in 00 and 01 respectively, you don't have Alexander or LT. Unless you payed out your you know what... These guys have a chance to get the next LT, Alexander, Edge, Ricky, Jamal Lewis, Caddy, etc, etc and unless they get something hugely attractive there is no reason to trade that chance. Your pick is on the outside looking in at this point, and Bledsoe or Housh just aren't the calibre of players that are going to get you in unless these guys simply don't know what they're doing.
I truly believe that in both those trade offers, if you'd been looking to move up just ONE slot, you'd have been turned down.

In one dynasty league I'm in, I had to trade 1.04 and Reggie Wayne for 1.02 and Reggie Brown.

please,

respond

I truly believe that in both those trade offers, if you'd been looking to move up just ONE slot, you'd have been turned down.
well. i was able to move up to 1.3.

i didnt have to give up bledsoe or housh.

i gave my 1.5 and 2.6 for the 1.3. and im happy about this

i think this is a great example how some over rank the value of some spots, i sincerely believe that the above guys would have never of made this deal. however, the guy that made it with me, needs help just about everywhere except at rb, so the value of moving down two spots, plus picking up an extra second round pick in this deep draft was worth it.

there was no laughing, mocking or anything like that.

my league is Z23 i am thelions

I agree sith the general sentiment in this thread . . . that the skill position players available this year don't get me very excited.

I held the 1.09 and didn't see much value falling to me there, so I traded Droughns for the 1.06, then packaged the 1.06 and 1.09 together for the 1.02 - in effect trading Droughns and the 1.09 for the 1.02. Since the owner receiving Droughns really needed an RB and wasn't likely to get one at 1.06, I think we both made out pretty well on the deal. Now if Williams just gets drafted into a "fantasy" situation . . . :P

ive offere bledose and my 1.5 for 1.2 and houshmanzadeh and 1.5 for 1.3. i think both of those offers are fair.

please,

respond

well. i was able to move up to 1.3.

i didnt have to give up bledsoe or housh.

i gave my 1.5 and 2.6 for the 1.3. and im happy about this

i think this is a great example how some over rank the value of some spots, i sincerely believe that the above guys would have never of made this deal. however, the guy that made it with me, needs help just about everywhere except at rb, so the value of moving down two spots, plus picking up an extra second round pick in this deep draft was worth it.

there was no laughing, mocking or anything like that.

my league is Z23 i am thelions
There should have been....by you after he accepted it. You absolutely robbed the guy there. Great deal for you.

I just traded the #4 pick for the #8 and #12. I had no immediate need at RB or QB. I still think I can get one of the top 7 players like Cutler, Young, or possibly even Maroney with #8. I could possibly get Cutler and Addai/Drew. Depending on where Addai or Drew land that could be pretty good. Or I could get AJ Hawk or Mario Williams. I still have flexibility to go various routes. The #4 pick has just as much likelihood of being a bust as the #32. Especially when you are talking about a bunch of smallish RB's that had less than spectacular years...with the exception of Bush and maybe D. Williams.

Great logic. By the same logic Denver could trade their two first rounders to the Texans for the #1 overall, yet in reality if they offered it they would be laughed at.As a poster above mentioned, my comments had less to do with the trade itself (which I still think was poor) and more to do with your ridiculous assertions as to what players you would target with each of your acquired picks unless you are playing with 2 year olds.

I have no desire to sit here and argue is about who is a better FF player, but your equally ridiculous assertion that you're some great FF player because you're in a 32 team league is pompous, and following it up with ridiculous predictions for players falling inconceivably far in the rookie draft makes the statement go from pompous to laughable and embarrassing.

As was mentioned, unless either A) each team starts 1 RB and 42 WRs and 21 QBs or B) you're playing with people that are still too young to have developed basic motor skills the thought that Maroney will go anywhere near the #8 pick or Addai/Drew landing in a good situation will go anywhere near the #12 pick is utterly ridiculous, and if you made the trade based on those assumptions then you're going to be utterly dissapointed when they go off the board long before you're pick is even coming up.

If, knowing those players in those situations would not be available at those spots and you still like the trade for yourself based on some actual reasonable assumptions (which those of course are not) then that's fine, I still don't like the trade for you but it's not totally outrageous. But if you're thinking you're going to get those guys I mentioned, I don't even know how to say how outlandishly ridiculous of an FF player that makes you look like.

In all honesty, I would equate that to a statement like "I traded the 1.01 pick in my redraft for the 1.07 and 1.09 with the thought that I could land LT at the 1.07 and maybe Portis at 1.09".

i gave my 1.5 and 2.6 for the 1.3. and im happy about thisthe guy that made it with me, needs help just about everywhere except at rb
And that's why he shouldn't have made this deal. What in the world does 2.06 do for him? It's going to be a long shot prospect. He could have got something that would have improved his team...

Great thread. I also agree that the 1.5 pick could become VERY attractive in 2 weeks. There are a lot of people who draft that top 4 RB prospects regardless of where they fall. They just want the highest rated talent. There are also a lot of people who will draft the RB who falls into the best spot, where they feel they can help their team immediately. This is the best time of the year in FF, as SO MUCH focus is on these rookie picks. Just look at the deals I've made in the last month. Some i think people would say are fantastic in my favor, and probably some people would think i'm nuts.

League 1

Traded Coles and 1.10 pick for Cooley and 1.8

Traded Roy Williams for 1.3 pick

In this league I had sick WR depth, so i moved Coles and Roy to get better rookie picks and a 2nd TE. I now have rookie picks 1.3, 1.8, 1.11, 2.1. Shopping the bottom 3 picks as we speak, but nothing to report yet. Current roster-

Delhomme/Campbell/Collins

Portis/McAllister/C.Brown/Betts/Henry/Houston

S.Smith/TO/S.Moss/Evans/Moulds/Stokely

Witten/Cooley

League 2

I traded McGahee, Chambers, Parrish for 1.1, 1.5, and 1.7 picks

I traded Shockey, Tui, 2.5 pick for Miller, Rivers, 1.8

This was probably my most questionable trade in years. Moving a young RB like McGahee and potential top 5-10 WR in Chambers for Bush, 1.5, and 1.7. But now I have some MAJOR trading leverage in the league. I was already offered Edge for 1.1 straight up, but declined. I've been offered Benson and 2.1 for 1.5 and 1.8. (Still considering that one.) Point is, with all these picks, I have LOTS of options. Always a good thing in FF. And worst case, i keep every pick, and land Bush, 1.5 RB (and i believe a great RB will be had at 1.5) and then my choice of 2 between V.Davis, Jackson, and Holmes. League roster by the way-

Brees/Brunell/Rivers

Portis/A.Green/Jacobs/Houton

S.Smith/S.Moss/Evans/Curtis/Williamson/Rogers/C.Henry

Miller/Watson

League 3

Traded Edwards, 2.2 and 3.2 rookie picks for Coles, 1.6 and 1.12 picks. This was my only losing record team from last year, so I earned the 1.2 pick, and now have the 1.6 and 1.12. In this one deal, while I downgraded the long term value of my 3rd or 4th WR from Edwards to Coles, I like Coles better this year anyway (with Edwards injury) and moving two late picks for the 1.6 and 1.12 is very significant IMO. This is the one league that i started new last year (out of 3) that I chose to be my one "future" team. I took a LOT of youth in the draft, and knew I probably wouldn't compete the first year (and sure enough, finished 2nd last) But i think my team looks VERY strong as early as this year-

Collins/Pennington/Losman/Campbell (yeah, i know, i'll be getting a QB)

Portis/Ronnie Brown/Benson/C.Perry/Jacobs/Houston

S.Smith/Ward/Coles/Williamson/Rogers

Miller/Cooley

The last league is probably the one i'm most proud of. This dynasty is team is going into its 3rd year, and every player but 1 is a result of the original draft and rookie draft picks. (The ONLY significant trade was me moving Rudi and 1.5 for Portis and 2.5 after Portis' first year in DC, where his stock was low.) I wish i could go back in time and remember what I was on to luck out with this original draft in 2003-

Randy Moss at 1.11

Rudi at 2.2 (later traded to get Portis)

S.Smith at 3.8

S.Jackson at 3.11

Walker at 5.11

Bell at 6.12

Boldin at 7.1

Gates at 8.12

Jordan at 10.12

Its the best draft I ever had. :)

Brooks/Brunell/Simms/Brad Johnson

Portis/Jordan/Jackson/Rhodes/Bell/Pearman

S.Smith/Randy Moss/Boldin/Walker/Randle El/Mark Clayton

Gates/Pollard

:hey:

to those of you that argued aginst the value of pick 1.05  :boxing:
I traded it a week ago. Djax/1.05 for DeAngelo.....I would honestly trade away that pick IMO, especially after watching Addai's highlight reels.

The 1.5 pick just went up a great deal.

Good thing I waited til after the NFL draft. :thumbup:

I now also think the 1.6 and 1.7 picks are also not bad to have.

I do think the cliff falls off from there, 1.8 is a huge drop off from 1.7.

Anyone else? :popcorn:

:thumbup: some of us have argued that this would happen for a while now (i tried to help some of you get the 1.05 pick much cheaper pre-draft) :P

:thumbup: some of us have argued that this would happen for a while now (i tried to help some of you get the 1.05 pick much cheaper pre-draft) :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a great thread this is. I hold the #1 Rookie pick, and then don't pick until 3:01. My RB depth is certainly a big question mark, as I have Tiki & Domanick Davis. The rest of my backs are backups....I unfortunately landed the 1:12 pick in the regular draft. So this #1 Rookie pick appears to be very valuable. Perhaps I should trade down a bit and get an extra pick...Thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great logic. By the same logic Denver could trade their two first rounders to the Texans for the #1 overall, yet in reality if they offered it they would be laughed at.As a poster above mentioned, my comments had less to do with the trade itself (which I still think was poor) and more to do with your ridiculous assertions as to what players you would target with each of your acquired picks unless you are playing with 2 year olds.

I have no desire to sit here and argue is about who is a better FF player, but your equally ridiculous assertion that you're some great FF player because you're in a 32 team league is pompous, and following it up with ridiculous predictions for players falling inconceivably far in the rookie draft makes the statement go from pompous to laughable and embarrassing.

As was mentioned, unless either A) each team starts 1 RB and 42 WRs and 21 QBs or B) you're playing with people that are still too young to have developed basic motor skills the thought that Maroney will go anywhere near the #8 pick or Addai/Drew landing in a good situation will go anywhere near the #12 pick is utterly ridiculous, and if you made the trade based on those assumptions then you're going to be utterly dissapointed when they go off the board long before you're pick is even coming up.

If, knowing those players in those situations would not be available at those spots and you still like the trade for yourself based on some actual reasonable assumptions (which those of course are not) then that's fine, I still don't like the trade for you but it's not totally outrageous. But if you're thinking you're going to get those guys I mentioned, I don't even know how to say how outlandishly ridiculous of an FF player that makes you look like.

In all honesty, I would equate that to a statement like "I traded the 1.01 pick in my redraft for the 1.07 and 1.09 with the thought that I could land LT at the 1.07 and maybe Portis at 1.09".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are a genius. So Maroney will go in the top 5 more than likely. But Drew, whom you appear to have man love for, will most likely be available between the 10 and 12 picks, as will Norwood and Calhoun...as I mentioned earlier. He didn't even land in a very favorable situation but because J-ville dropped a 2nd rounder on him it leads one to believe he will be more than a punt returner. None of the RB's really impress me. They are all smallish and have injury concerns. So why worry about taking whatever RB falls to me at #4 when I can get a top 3 qb with the number 8 pick and possibly still get Drew at #12. This scenario is better than taking a mediocre overhyped running back with the #4.

Not everyone places the same value on players that you do. So for you to call my idea "laughable" is just ingorant and "pompous" on your part.

I'll be sure to let you know just how our draft plays out. And it's funny that you accuse the people in my league to be "two year olds" since most of them have been members on these boards for a while. But for some reason you think you are better than anyone else with your judgements. That is what's laughable. Show me your degree in Fantasy Football professor. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a great thread this is. I hold the #1 Rookie pick, and then don't pick until 3:01. My RB depth is certainly a big question mark, as I have Tiki & Domanick Davis. The rest of my backs are backups....I unfortunately landed the 1:12 pick in the regular draft. So this #1 Rookie pick appears to be very valuable. Perhaps I should trade down a bit and get an extra pick...Thoughts?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
'What a great thread this is.'

Thanks.

'Perhaps I should trade down a bit and get an extra pick...Thoughts?'

No way. I would keep it and pick Bush. Short of L.T., L.J. or S.A.

Bush and be happy. :thumbup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
'What a great thread this is.'

Thanks.

'Perhaps I should trade down a bit and get an extra pick...Thoughts?'

No way. I would keep it and pick Bush. Short of L.T., L.J. or S.A.

Bush and be happy. :thumbup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree Bush is very tempting. That being said, if I could get 2 1st round picks (1:02 & 1:08) in exhange for it, I may lean that way. We'll see how it all goes. Thanks for the insight.

Users who are viewing this thread