What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (2 Viewers)

12 Team PPRTeam A gave: Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB Shipley, Jordan CIN WR Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.04Team B gave: Bradford, Sam STL QB Spiller, C.J. BUF RB Rice, Sidney MIN WR Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.12
Not sure why Team A would make that trade - only real upgrade is at WR (at the expense of big downgrades at QB and RB) and that WR carries some risk, since the word is that his hip is still causing him pain.

12 Team PPRTeam A gave: Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB Shipley, Jordan CIN WR Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.04Team B gave: Bradford, Sam STL QB Spiller, C.J. BUF RB Rice, Sidney MIN WR Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.12
Not sure why Team A would make that trade - only real upgrade is at WR (at the expense of big downgrades at QB and RB) and that WR carries some risk, since the word is that his hip is still causing him pain.
Not knowing the particular situation, it looks like things i've seen in a couple of my leagues where a new guy comes in without the requisite dynasty league experience and starts "getting younger" whether he needs to or not and doesn't realize the full value of a player like JStew (and we can argue in a different thread about his true value, but his market value in some leagues is tremendously high) so he sells him as a part of a package because last year was a down year.But hey, who knows. Great redraft players sometimes don't have a dynasty clue.

MOX league - 14 teams, non-PPR, Start QB / 2RB / 2WR / 2Flex (RB,WR or TE)

Took over a club 6 weeks ago - wanted to make it 'my own'...

Started with:

Manning

Kolb

J. Johnson

Peterson

Best

Turner

Snelling

DeSean Jackson

Nicks

Rice

M. Williams (TB)

M. Thomas

A. Roberts

A. Caldwell

Burress

Witten

Clark

Finley

Graham

2011 picks - 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.07

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Traded:

Manning, Best, Jackson, Thomas, Clark, 2011 picks 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.07

Received:

Colt McCoy, Wells, DeMary Thomas, Gettis, D. Williams (Tenn) 2011 picks 1.01 & 2.01

Traded:

Turner, Snelling, Witten

Received:

Marshawn, Gerhart & Jacoby Jones

Traded:

ADP, DeMary Thomas

Received:

Ray Rice, Blount

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Club now:

McCoy

Kolb

Flynn

J. Johnson

Vince Young

Rice

Blount

Lynch

Wells

Gerhart

Hilliard

Maroney

Nicks

Rice

M. Williams (TB)

Jacoby Jones

Finley

Graham

2011 picks - 1.01 & 2.01

:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Salary/contract league with IDPs, but in this case the salaries and contracts were similar:

Gave: BJGE + LB Sean Weatherspoon + 2012 3rd round pick

Received: Kenny Britt + 2011 3rd round pick

MOX league - 14 teams, non-PPR, Start QB / 2RB / 2WR / 2Flex (RB,WR or TE)Took over a club 6 weeks ago - wanted to make it 'my own'...Started with:ManningKolbJ. JohnsonPetersonBestTurnerSnellingDeSean JacksonNicksRiceM. Williams (TB)M. ThomasA. RobertsA. CaldwellBurressWittenClarkFinleyGraham2011 picks - 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.07~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Traded:Manning, Best, Jackson, Thomas, Clark, 2011 picks 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.07Received:Colt McCoy, Wells, DeMary Thomas, Gettis, D. Williams (Tenn) 2011 picks 1.01 & 2.01Traded:Turner, Snelling, WittenReceived:Marshawn, Gerhart & Jacoby JonesTraded:ADP, DeMary ThomasReceived:Ray Rice, Blount~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Club now:McCoyKolbFlynnJ. JohnsonVince YoungRiceBlountLynchWellsGerhartHilliardMaroneyNicksRiceM. Williams (TB)Jacoby JonesFinleyGraham2011 picks - 1.01 & 2.01:shrug:
Honestly I think your team was better before the trades. You had a legit championship contender, now you don't.

Traded:Manning, Best, Jackson, Thomas, Clark, 2011 picks 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.07Received:Colt McCoy, Wells, DeMary Thomas, Gettis, D. Williams (Tenn) 2011 picks 1.01 & 2.01Traded:Turner, Snelling, WittenReceived:Marshawn, Gerhart & Jacoby JonesTraded:ADP, DeMary ThomasReceived:Ray Rice, Blount
Don't like the 1st trade at all. DeSean is worth a lot. Manning is worth a lot. Clark is worth a lot. Best is worth more than Wells. Other than the picks you got a lot of garbage back.Don't like the 2nd trade much more. Turner has a short shelf life but given Lynch's mediocrity I'm not sure his is much longer.I like the last trade a lot though.

MOX league - 14 teams, non-PPR, Start QB / 2RB / 2WR / 2Flex (RB,WR or TE)Took over a club 6 weeks ago - wanted to make it 'my own'...
I think you wrecked your team.
I know I'm kind of piling on here, so sorry, but in order to make the team your "own" you took what looked like a championship contender in a 14 team league and turned it into a real question mark. I like the last trade you made, but I don't quite get your thought process on those first two. Of course you can still rest on the fact that some things that don't necessarily look good on paper sometimes end up working out real well. Good luck.

'Dr. Octopus said:
I know I'm kind of piling on here, so sorry...
Don't mind a'tall! :)

Short version:

Non PPR MOX leagues heavily skewed to RB's. RB's are gold; RB depth even golder...

This team was a semi-finalist last year, then was killed - as both Best and ADP were out.

No depth. Really, almost nothing else matters...

Manning had to go - he was Johnny U's signature guy, an' I'm a transplanted Hoosier and sick up to my eyeballs of all things Manning! He had to go while his value was still tops.

Manning averaged 20 ppg - he's 35. McCoy - 11ppg in 5, Kolb (please get traded) 20ppg in 4, even Vince 11ppg in 9. QB's generally are not difference makers here.

TE's not consistent enough week-to-week to start, and not mandatory starters. Witten/Clark gone as they also compete heavily with their team's WR's for targets and catches. Name recognition and past track record ensured they'd move on trade. Those days are coming to a close...and with Rice, Nicks & Williams on board, were simply non-RB flex depth and bye week starters.

Core WR talent left alone - Nicks, Williams, Rice. Trying to trade Finley/Graham package for another core WR.

Not a week-to-week Best believer. Turner, at 29, has a season or two max of #1 or 2 numbers, & Snelling only has value to the Turner owner - so gone as a package while I could.

Rice, Blount, Ingram (1.01) Wells, even Lynch (no foreseeable competition for touches, 31st in MOX RB's last year, 24 yrs old, etc...) as a group, are a considerable upgrade for MOX dynasty over ADP, Best, Turner...IMO.

2 2012 1st's in the bank (Andrew Luck?) as well...

3 times MOX champ, (4 teams now...) haven't missed the playoffs in years, and I love to trade!

I'm okay.

Thanks for the input!

:)

Manning averaged 20 ppg - he's 35. Kolb (please get traded) 20ppg in 4
I'm trying to figure out the scoring system where Manning = Kolb. Even ignoring Kolb's 1st game, He averaged about 235 yards, 1.4 TDs, and 1.4 ints per game. Manning averaged about 294, 2, and 1. What is the scoring that gets both of these guys to 20 ppg?

'The Real Hipster Doofus said:
'Poppa said:
MOX league - 14 teams, non-PPR, Start QB / 2RB / 2WR / 2Flex (RB,WR or TE)Took over a club 6 weeks ago - wanted to make it 'my own'...Started with:ManningKolbJ. JohnsonPetersonBestTurnerSnellingDeSean JacksonNicksRiceM. Williams (TB)M. ThomasA. RobertsA. CaldwellBurressWittenClarkFinleyGraham2011 picks - 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.07~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Traded:Manning, Best, Jackson, Thomas, Clark, 2011 picks 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.07Received:Colt McCoy, Wells, DeMary Thomas, Gettis, D. Williams (Tenn) 2011 picks 1.01 & 2.01Traded:Turner, Snelling, WittenReceived:Marshawn, Gerhart & Jacoby JonesTraded:ADP, DeMary ThomasReceived:Ray Rice, Blount~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Club now:McCoyKolbFlynnJ. JohnsonVince YoungRiceBlountLynchWellsGerhartHilliardMaroneyNicksRiceM. Williams (TB)Jacoby JonesFinleyGraham2011 picks - 1.01 & 2.01:shrug:
Honestly I think your team was better before the trades. You had a legit championship contender, now you don't.
:rant: :cry:

Manning averaged 20 ppg - he's 35. Kolb (please get traded) 20ppg in 4
I'm trying to figure out the scoring system where Manning = Kolb. Even ignoring Kolb's 1st game, He averaged about 235 yards, 1.4 TDs, and 1.4 ints per game. Manning averaged about 294, 2, and 1. What is the scoring that gets both of these guys to 20 ppg?
Number of Passing TDs 4 points each Passing Yards .04 points each

Number of Rushing TDs 6 points each

Rushing Yards .10 points each

Manning does not = Kolb.

Manning x 15 games = 20.175ppg

Kolb x 5 (missed his wk17 game & throwing out his 1st) = 14.14 15.82 25.14 15.04 11.68 = 16.3ppg

'The Real Hipster Doofus said:
'Poppa said:
:rant: :cry:
Sorry, man... :bye:

Was, yep...Eventual champ started Rice, Blount, Charles and Chris Johnson at RB for the Championship. Hoss's club, while perennial playoff contender **10-5 last year, 7-9 in '09, 8-8 in '08** and always verrry heavy in WR/TE strength, was simply never gonna win a championship without a rebuild. :coffee:
Didn't you just trade ADP, Best, and Turner?

'Dr. Octopus said:
'doowain said:
12 Team PPR

Team A gave:

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

Shipley, Jordan CIN WR

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE

Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.04

Team B gave:

Bradford, Sam STL QB

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB

Rice, Sidney MIN WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.12
I wouldn't even trade just Aaron Rodgers for that. Team A is trading arguably the best FF QB and getting a potential star QB and 2 huge ?? If I was trading Rodgers I'd want rock-solid, sure things.

'deadstick said:
Salary/contract league with IDPs, but in this case the salaries and contracts were similar:Gave: BJGE + LB Sean Weatherspoon + 2012 3rd round pickReceived: Kenny Britt + 2011 3rd round pick
I liked your side of the deal when I saw it on the message board...

One of the biggest new owner wreck jobs I've ever seen.You went from contender to league doormat.
I know it's no longer my team and all, but you have to look at some of those deals and wonder what he's doing. Maybe Poppa is some kind of fantasy genius and knows exactly what he's doing. I wish him well.

'eaglesfan7 said:
12 team PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/FlexTeam A gave: 1.04, 1.05Team B gave: RB Jahvid Best, WR Emmanuel Sanders, WR Danario AlexanderThis league drafts rookies before the NFL draft happens
Same League...Team B Gave: WR Reggie Wayne, WR Jordy Nelson, WR James JonesTeam C Gave: 1.02Team B is the same team in both deals
I suppose Team B is in a rebuilding mode, but he's giving away a lot of talent in order to attempt to dominate the top of the draft.
Even after those trades Team B still has...Matt SchaubKevin KolbAhmad BradshawFrank GoreJonathan StewartPierre GarconDeSean JacksonBrandon MarshallHakeem NicksSteve Smith (CAR)Mike WallaceChris CooleyThe team was loaded before and after these trades
That roster makes those deals even better (I liked them before). Knowing he moved Best and Wayne, both of whom may not have been starters, and got some youth out of it really improves his team, IMO.
Wayne isn't a starter? lol you guys overreact too much. He's only averaging 95 catches, 1300 yards and 9 tds over the past 4 seasons. Oh and he plays with Peyton Manning in a passing offense. Oh and he's only 32 with probably five or 6 years left, 3 of which should be elite production seasons.
I guess I did not word that very well. Of course Wayne is still a starter and a very good one, but with his roster, he drops from Wayne to Marshall or Wallace as his 3rd starter and adds some youth to his bench. I like these moves.Hipster- I thought that deal made sense for both, did not mean to bash your side of the deal. Best seems to be a very polarizing player based on what I have read on this board.

'doowain said:
:X
Hm... really?PPR this could be a very nice buy low on Spiller, as well as Rice coming of a year of injury. I don't think this is as bad for team A as most seem to think. Bradford had a fantastic rookie year and could be a top 5 stud in a few years time. Add that Stewarts upside is limited in a PPR and I'm definitely against the group's thinking here.

Got offered Freeman, Bess

for

Romo, Wallace

not sure what my benefit would be, stafford and sanchez are my backups. Am I missing something or did someone just fling poo at me?

Got offered Freeman, BessforRomo, Wallacenot sure what my benefit would be, stafford and sanchez are my backups. Am I missing something or did someone just fling poo at me?
Trying to sell high on Freeman's end to last season. I prefer Romo over Freeman a little actually and Wallace over Bess by a mile.

'doowain said:
Hm... really?PPR this could be a very nice buy low on Spiller, as well as Rice coming of a year of injury. I don't think this is as bad for team A as most seem to think. Bradford had a fantastic rookie year and could be a top 5 stud in a few years time. Add that Stewarts upside is limited in a PPR and I'm definitely against the group's thinking here.
It's not a buy low if you have to give Rodgers and Stewart though. That's a 'buy high for a player who's value is low' which isn't the same thing.Terrible terrible deal on value alone.

'doowain said:
It's not a buy low if you have to give Rodgers and Stewart though. That's a 'buy high for a player who's value is low' which isn't the same thing.Terrible terrible deal on value alone.
Yup, this on'es pretty ugly no matter how you spin it.

these two trade just happened in my MOX SF2 league:

Misfits and Outlaws Xtreme SUPER-Flex HP-2 FFL Trade

NO SOUP FOR YOU gave up:

Britt, Kenny TEN WR

Dutch Rudders gave up:

Cassel, Matt KCC QB

Misfits and Outlaws Xtreme SUPER-Flex HP-2 FFL Trade

When Pigs Fly gave up:

Schaub, Matt HOU QB

Addai, Joseph IND RB

Dutch Rudders gave up:

Orton, Kyle DEN QB

Gore, Frank SFO RB

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Dutch Rudders

'Donsmith753 said:
A lot of us have short memories in FF and it's not always a good thing.This one needs to be revisited after a few months of the 2011 season.

'bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
these two trade just happened in my MOX SF2 league:Misfits and Outlaws Xtreme SUPER-Flex HP-2 FFL TradeNO SOUP FOR YOU gave up:Britt, Kenny TEN WRDutch Rudders gave up:Cassel, Matt KCC QB
Even with superflex this seems bad.

'bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
these two trade just happened in my MOX SF2 league:Misfits and Outlaws Xtreme SUPER-Flex HP-2 FFL TradeNO SOUP FOR YOU gave up:Britt, Kenny TEN WRDutch Rudders gave up:Cassel, Matt KCC QB
Even with superflex this seems bad.
For who? the team giving up Britt?
Yes. Top 15 WR for top 25 QB. Little difference between Cassel and garbage that you could acquire for peanuts (Jason Campbell, Henne, Hasselbeck, Bulger). Guy buying has to believe really hard Cassel is a longterm NFL starting QB.

12 team IDP dynasty, standard scoring:

Team A gives Michael Turner

Team B gives 2011 picks 1.5 and 3.5

Users who are viewing this thread