What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (3 Viewers)

12 Team PPR

Team A receives:

Robert Meachem

Brandon Gibson

2013 1st

Team B receives:

Joseph Addai

Donald Brown

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team PPRA gave up:Bryant, Dez DAL WRBurress, Plaxico FA* WRWilliams, Damian TEN WRYear 2013 Round 4 Draft Pick from AB gave up:Johnson, Chris TEN RBRinger, Javon TEN RBYear 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from BYear 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from B
Team B got took.
:goodposting:
Most would say that and I agree with it. Unfortunately... Jeter wouldn't do straight or with Keller and a 2nd.Keep in mind a few things:- It's a 1 RB start league- Team B already has Bradshaw and Ray Rice (along with Wayne, Santonio, and Santonio at WR)- CJ was offered to all teams with WR studs. This was the only deal that was even close given the 1 RB start.Let's revisit this in a year and see where we are at.... I still don't expect anyone to agree with it, but atleast these are a few of the reasons for overpaying for Dez.
I agree with all of these points and was still very hesitant to do the deal, even with the 1st. The flexible lineups along with some concerns about CJ made me really question accepting. In the end, I decided to make a play for the title this year (I thought I was a year away prior to this deal). If I don't win a title this year or next, I will not be happy I took this deal.

12 Team PPRTeam A receives:Robert MeachemBrandon Gibson2013 1stTeam B receives:Joseph AddaiDonald Brown
Wow Addia and Brown landed a 1st and Meachem. I was offered Addai this year for a 2nd and I passed and I am weak at RB. Just don't like giving up a 1st for a guy that old.

1 PPR for WR, zero PPR for RB:

xxxxxxx gave up:

Collie, Austin IND WR

Fighting Couch Potatoes HP3 gave up:

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.12

12 Team PPRTeam A receives:Robert MeachemBrandon Gibson2013 1stTeam B receives:Joseph AddaiDonald Brown
Wow Addia and Brown landed a 1st and Meachem. I was offered Addai this year for a 2nd and I passed and I am weak at RB. Just don't like giving up a 1st for a guy that old.
I was happy with it. He had expressed interest in them earlier in the offseason, so I offered Brown for Meachem straight up and he countered with that.ETA: The beautiful part is that the 1st I am getting is the one I had traded him a couple months back in a 2012 1st/2013 1st for Miles Austin swap.

12 Team, non-PPR, 6 pts for all TDs

Team A gives:

Peyton Manning

Rashad Jennings

2011 3.05

Team B gives:

Peyton Hillis

James Jones

2011 2.10

Team B is a MJD owner and had Stafford and Palmer as QBs. Team A has Vick, so Manning was somewhat expendable.

12 Team, non-PPR, 6 pts for all TDsTeam A gives:Peyton ManningRashad Jennings2011 3.05Team B gives:Peyton HillisJames Jones2011 2.10Team B is a MJD owner and had Stafford and Palmer as QBs. Team A has Vick, so Manning was somewhat expendable.
I might argue Jennings is worth all of that by himself.

I gave Marion Barber, Ben Tate, 1.02 and 2.08 for LeSean McCoy and a 2012 2nd.

Needed a RB1 pretty badly and I assume Ingram goes #1 in this league.

'valhallan said:
'Fly said:
12 Team, non-PPR, 6 pts for all TDsTeam A gives:Peyton ManningRashad Jennings2011 3.05Team B gives:Peyton HillisJames Jones2011 2.10Team B is a MJD owner and had Stafford and Palmer as QBs. Team A has Vick, so Manning was somewhat expendable.
?

16 teams, non pprI gave; Jahvid Best, Joe Flacco and 2.11 in the 2012 rookie draftReceived; LeSean McCoy
nice. someone must either like Best a lot more than I do or this is a 2 qb league.
Its a $1000 salary cap, contract length, 1 QB league.Original trade was; McCoy ($70) and McNabb (long contract at $278)(cap hit of $130 to dump him)For; Flacco (sporting a killer cheap $7 of $1000 salary, and Best at $66)His only QB was the super spendy and rather ugly McNabb. I also own Aaron Rodgers so Flacco was on my bench. He rid himself of McNabb's bloated contract and upgraded to a much cheaper and better Flacco. I turned around and gave away McNabb AND a late 2nd rounder in next years draft to an owner with zero QB's and a ton of cap room. I got a 4th rounder in return, in essence paying him to take McNabb off my hands. I was over the cap with McNabb's salary and cutting him would have put me in dire straights.So, the final trade becomes McCoy for Best, Flacco and 2nd rounder.In 16 team leagues I feel blue chip players are worth paying to acquire. I'm stoked at this point, but then the real season and reality will set in.

PPR 12 team

Newfoundland gave up:

Johnson, Steve BUF WR

Coney Island gave up:

Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.04

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Coney Island

Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from South Carolina

12 team PPRA gave: Smith (CAR), 2012 3rd, 2013 1stB gave: Mike Thomas, 2012 4th
wow, to get a #1 and SS for Mike Thomas is pretty amazing, not to mention a 3rd
I don't think it's amazing, I see it as pretty fair (I'm in this league, but not a party to the trade).Smith has value for a couple of years probably, 2011 and 2012, and then he's 34 entering 2013 and probably not worth much in fantasy. He's maybe about on par with Thomas for now, though in PPR I'd put Thomas ahead of him.In 2013, Thomas is 26 and in his prime, Gabbert is in there and will be better than Garrard, and this s/b a good PPR run for a few years. Assuming Smith has faded and isn't all that useful in fantasy, now the 2013 1st rounder gets added to take Smith's place as far as value is concerned. Jeter23 always has strong teams and that pick will likely be 1.08 or later, it'll take a year or two before that player is useful probably, and there's a bust risk with any rookie pick. There's value in having Thomas now vs. a pick that'll have delayed usefulness until 2014 or so. So I see Smith plus the pick being about what it would take if I were to trade away Thomas. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

10 team non-PPR. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST, 3 Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE, max 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 4 WRs). Last season was inaugural season.

My team was #1 in points but did not win the title. My roster before this trade:

QB - Rodgers, Romo, Freeman

RB - McFadden, M. Bush, Deangelo, Stewart, Mathews, Grant, Wells, P. Thomas, D. Brown

WR - Calvin, Nicks, Avery, James Jones, Tate

TE - Finley

K - Kaeding

D/ST - Giants

No 2011 rookie draft picks (traded for Finley after he got hurt last year).

The other team finished 7th last year. His roster before the trade:

QB - Vick, Brady, Orton

RB - Forte, BJGE, S. Greene, Felix Jones, Jacobs, Snelling, Maroney

WR - Colston, Britt, Mike Williams (Tampa), Floyd, Sims-Walker, Royal

TE - Boss

K - Vinatieri

D/ST - Steelers, Patriots

Has 1.1 and 2.1 rookie draft picks.

I just traded Grant, Wells, and James Jones for Britt.

I figured Grant, Wells, and Jones likely wouldn't see the field for my team, and Grant may have limited value after this year. Jones isn't likely to ever have much value IMO, so he was irrelevant. Wells could emerge to fulfill his potential at some point, but that doesn't seem likely given his current situation. Meanwhile, I am taking a gamble that Britt will finally mature off the field, making this a good instance of buying low. There is wide disparity in the views on Britt, so I'm interested in opinions on this.

Thoughts?
No one commented on this trade. Any comments?Aside from that, here are a few other trades I was not involved in that occurred in the same league recently:

Team A gave up Vincent Jackson, 2011 Draft Pick 2.03

Team B gave up Braylon Edwards, Brandon Pettigrew, 2011 Draft Pick 1.08

Team C gave up Aaron Hernandez

Team D gave up 2011 Draft Pick 1.04

Team C gave up Michael Vick

Team D gave up Drew Brees

Teams C and D are the same in the last two trades.

PPR

Team A gave: Mike Sims-Walker

Team B gave: 1.08

Team A gave: Jason Babin

Team B gave: Rashad Jennings, 3.08

Team A gave: Matt Schaub, CJ Spiller, Troy Polamalu, 2012 1st rounder

Team B gave: Vince Young, Willis McGahee, Michael Crabtree, Elvis Dumervil, 3.03

Every single trade that Sup_Yo and Just win baby posted are very one sided. Sims-Walker for 1.8, really. Not even gonna start on that Crabtree trade. Hernandez for the 1.4 is insane. And the VJax deal is bad too. Vick and Brees could be argued, but I prefer Vick by a large margin.

Every single trade that Sup_Yo and Just win baby posted are very one sided. Sims-Walker for 1.8, really. Not even gonna start on that Crabtree trade. Hernandez for the 1.4 is insane. And the VJax deal is bad too. Vick and Brees could be argued, but I prefer Vick by a large margin.
:goodposting:

16 teams, non pprI gave; Jahvid Best, Joe Flacco and 2.11 in the 2012 rookie draftReceived; LeSean McCoy
nice. someone must either like Best a lot more than I do or this is a 2 qb league.
Its a $1000 salary cap, contract length, 1 QB league.Original trade was; McCoy ($70) and McNabb (long contract at $278)(cap hit of $130 to dump him)For; Flacco (sporting a killer cheap $7 of $1000 salary, and Best at $66)His only QB was the super spendy and rather ugly McNabb. I also own Aaron Rodgers so Flacco was on my bench. He rid himself of McNabb's bloated contract and upgraded to a much cheaper and better Flacco. I turned around and gave away McNabb AND a late 2nd rounder in next years draft to an owner with zero QB's and a ton of cap room. I got a 4th rounder in return, in essence paying him to take McNabb off my hands. I was over the cap with McNabb's salary and cutting him would have put me in dire straights.So, the final trade becomes McCoy for Best, Flacco and 2nd rounder.In 16 team leagues I feel blue chip players are worth paying to acquire. I'm stoked at this point, but then the real season and reality will set in.
:thumbup: salary cap changes things. I still like the McCoy side but it's good to see the logic behind the other side.

Was really looking to land Ryan Williams at 1.05 but Newton was still there and was having a hard time passing on him(we can flex a QB).

Ended up giving: Hakeem Nicks and James Starks

And Received: Drew Brees and Chris Wells

Then pulled the trigger on Williams at 1.05

1 pprMaclin for Sidney Rice
WTF
Probably a fear trade stemming from the Maclin illness.
Not a fear trade at all.First, I love Maclin and think he's a very talented WR. That said, I don't think he'll ever be a top 5 guy like a Fitzgerald or AJ or Calvin. I do think Sidney has that potential. This is about the lowest I think you'll be able to buy Sidney from here on out because of the situation he landed in. I'll post a little more later on this.FWIW, I have the 2 very close, but with Rice having more upside. And FBG rankings have them at 19 and 20, both of which I think are too low.

Woah. Jennings for that alone? No.
'valhallan said:
'Fly said:
?
OK, maybe I exaggerated. My real point was that I think Jennings is the only piece of the trade (aside from Manning, of course) with difference-maker potential. If I had Hillis, Jones, and a late 2nd I might consider pulling the trigger for Jennings alone, though I'm sure adding a pick wouldn't be difficult. This is merely an example of how I trade - sell middling pieces for a chance at a difference-maker.

Stewart

Maclin

2013 2nd

Best

Knox

2013 High 1st (Team is horrid)

Thoughts? I received the Best/1st end of things and think I overpaid.

12 team 5 keeper

I traded: Moreno and 1.11 pick

I got: 1.6 pick

So basically traded Moreno and moved up 5 spots in first round. Wasn't going to keep him anyway

'valhallan said:
Woah. Jennings for that alone? No.
?
OK, maybe I exaggerated. My real point was that I think Jennings is the only piece of the trade (aside from Manning, of course) with difference-maker potential. If I had Hillis, Jones, and a late 2nd I might consider pulling the trigger for Jennings alone, though I'm sure adding a pick wouldn't be difficult. This is merely an example of how I trade - sell middling pieces for a chance at a difference-maker.
I'm not very high on Hillis in dynasty, but this reasoning is crazy in my opinion. How does Hillis not have "difference-maker potential?" The guy was a huge difference maker last season. Almost by definition he has the potential to come close to repeating numbers he just had....And you think he has less potential than a late round RB who has shown a few flashes but is obviously blocked behind a superstar 26 y/o RB in MJD?I can't fathom what league Rashad Jennings has more value than Hillis in....

You would trade Peyton Hillis, James Jones, and a 2nd for Rashad Jennings? Jones for Jennings would be a fair trade. In startups Hillis is going in the 3rd or 4th, and Jennings in like the 14th.

I'm just thinking it wouldn't be that far-fetched if this time next year Hillis and Jones are flirting with the waiver wire while Jennings is a hot commodity. Situations change quick and one of the few things you can count on is talent. I think he has the most talent of the three, therefore he's the most desirable player in the deal.

In any case, I certainly think the team getting Manning, Jennings, and a 3rd won that deal by a landslide.

Stewart

Maclin

2013 2nd

Best

Knox

2013 High 1st (Team is horrid)

Thoughts? I received the Best/1st end of things and think I overpaid.
I'd want more for Stew and Maclin. Plus we really don't know what the 2013 picks will yield. That's two seasons away.

12 man PPR

Orlando gave up:

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.04

Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Puerto Rico

Las Vegas gave up:

Moore, Marlon MIA WR

Robiskie, Brian CLE WR

:shock:

12 man PPROrlando gave up:Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.04Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Puerto RicoLas Vegas gave up:Moore, Marlon MIA WRRobiskie, Brian CLE WR :shock:
How come your leagues always have terrible deals? This one is just plain terrible and might be veto worthy.

Users who are viewing this thread