What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Callups and F-ups: Who's on the horizon (1 Viewer)

Tyler Skaggs will be pitching tomorrow for Arizona. He is possibly the best of the Arizona starters (Corbin, Miley, Bauer) who came up the last two seasons.

Bobcat10 said:
Wacha might be up this week for Stl....
Confirmed:Rosenthal: #STLCards announce that Wacha will make major-league debut Thursday. More on him in this notes column: msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/mich11:32am - 28 May 13

Mentos said:
Tyler Skaggs will be pitching tomorrow for Arizona. He is possibly the best of the Arizona starters (Corbin, Miley, Bauer) who came up the last two seasons.
He has some very good matchups coming up too, claim submitted.

rascal said:
Do you like Franklin or Escobar at SS ROS?
Rest of season? Who knows, but I'd roll the dice on Franklin to see if he can translate his hot streak. Doesn't seem like anything more than a 12/15 type but if he can get on base and move up in the lineup he could be a much better source for counting stats.

Mentos said:
Skaggs will be heading back to the minors.
$&((%^$@&^*^%

Cubs and Marlins would have been 2 of his next 4 with not so threatening outings vs. San Fran and LA mixed in between. Shouldn't Miley be due for a phantom injury?

Mentos said:
They started his clock, why send him back off that performance? Wishful thinking from a Skaggs owner...I didn't see the game, did he look as good as his line?

Mentos said:
They started his clock, why send him back off that performance? Wishful thinking from a Skaggs owner...I didn't see the game, did he look as good as his line?
The arbitration clock is paused when he optioned back to MiLB. Arizona has five healthy starters and no immediate need for a sixth. Everybody is better off with Skaggs getting regular work in AAA than the occasional long relief appearance for the big club.

Mentos said:
The arbitration clock is paused when he optioned back to MiLB. Arizona has five healthy starters and no immediate need for a sixth. Everybody is better off with Skaggs getting regular work in AAA than the occasional long relief appearance for the big club.
I also saw that he was up last year, I thought that was his debut last year. Yes, you are right, but I can definitely the phantom DL for miley while he gets organized...not cutting him...yet....

Looks like Joc Pederson may came up if Kemp hits the DL. He's hitting .313/.393/.516 with eight home runs, 15 steals and 22 RBI in 51 games this season at the Double-A level

93 pitches over 7 IP for Wacha. 2 hits, 6 strikeouts, no walks (but it was the Royals who haven't walked since Carlos Beltran was there). Couldn't have asked for more except for the W.

I also saw that he was up last year, I thought that was his debut last year. Yes, you are right, but I can definitely the phantom DL for miley while he gets organized...not cutting him...yet....
With Brandon McCarthy DL bound, Randall Delgado gets the call rather than Skaggs

I knew it was only a spot start but he will be up again later in the year. I am stashing him unless I lose afew guys to the DL.

Jeremy Bonderman gets the start tomorrow for the Mariners.

Mike Maroth is pitching coach of the Tigers' Class A affiliate in the Florida State League.

Both kemp and crawford hurt. Is puig gonna get the call?
Man, I hope so.
Joc Pederson is a better option for center though, no? Gotta think one of the two get the call, I can't see the Dodgers running Schumaker and Van Slyke out there every day.
Puig was pulled from the lineup at Double-A Chattanooga on Saturday as a precaution with the status of Carl Crawford (hamstring) uncertain, Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports.

Both kemp and crawford hurt. Is puig gonna get the call?
Man, I hope so.
Joc Pederson is a better option for center though, no? Gotta think one of the two get the call, I can't see the Dodgers running Schumaker and Van Slyke out there every day.
Pederson is more natural in center, but Puig played cf the last couple of games. Makes me think Dodgers want to call him up.

Shouldnt be too long before Gerritt Cole gets called up by PIT. Jeanmar Gomez just got hurt (apparently somewhat seriously - forearm tightness), Karstens still banged up and Morton/McDonald still rehabbing. Morton coming off Tommy John and McDonald coming off being awful for 2nd half 2012/1st half 2013.

I say he's up by the ASB.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hank said:
Shouldnt be too long before Gerritt Cole gets called up by PIT. Jeanmar Gomez just got hurt (apparently somewhat seriously - forearm tightness), Karstens still banged up and Morton/McDonald still rehabbing. Morton coming off Tommy John and McDonald coming off being awful for 2nd half 2012/1st half 2013. I say he's up by the ASB.
I like this kid.

The Hank said:
Shouldnt be too long before Gerritt Cole gets called up by PIT. Jeanmar Gomez just got hurt (apparently somewhat seriously - forearm tightness), Karstens still banged up and Morton/McDonald still rehabbing. Morton coming off Tommy John and McDonald coming off being awful for 2nd half 2012/1st half 2013. I say he's up by the ASB.
I like this kid.
I like him too. I still think Taillon may have the longer term upside but both should be #1 or # 2 starters in the big leagues. Of course, I can't remember the last time a pitching prospect has worked out for the Pirates.

I like this kid.
I like him too. I still think Taillon may have the longer term upside but both should be #1 or # 2 starters in the big leagues. Of course, I can't remember the last time a pitching prospect has worked out for the Pirates.
Lots of scuttlebutt about Cole possibly getting the callup June 15th (which coincides with his pitching schedule and the projected super 2 cutoff).

Something to keep an eye on, especially since Wandy left the 1st inning injured with forearm tightness today.

The Detroit News speculates that the Tigers could call up Nick Castellanos soon.
With Austin Jackson on the disabled list and Andy Dirks struggling, the Tigers could consider a promotion for Castellanos in mid-June to avoid Super Two status. The 21-year-old top prospect is batting .279/.354/.464 with eight home runs and 29 RBI at Triple-A Toledo. Jun 5 - 10:08 AM

I like this kid.
Lots of scuttlebutt about Cole possibly getting the callup June 15th (which coincides with his pitching schedule and the projected super 2 cutoff). Something to keep an eye on, especially since Wandy left the 1st inning injured with forearm tightness today.
Good call...Michael Sanserino of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Gerrit Cole "will very likely" make his major league debut on Tuesday against the Giants.The Pirates need a starter with Wandy Rodriguez (forearm) pushed back a couple days, and it should be late enough to where Cole can avoid Super Two status. The right-hander has managed just 47 strikeouts over 68 innings for Triple-A Indianapolis this season, but he's posted a 2.91 ERA and pitched very well other than a blowup last month when he gave up eight runs. The No. 1 overall pick in the 2011 draft, Cole should stick around as long as he pitches well. He should be owned in all mixed leagues.

I like this kid.
Lots of scuttlebutt about Cole possibly getting the callup June 15th (which coincides with his pitching schedule and the projected super 2 cutoff). Something to keep an eye on, especially since Wandy left the 1st inning injured with forearm tightness today.
Good call...Michael Sanserino of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Gerrit Cole "will very likely" make his major league debut on Tuesday against the Giants.The Pirates need a starter with Wandy Rodriguez (forearm) pushed back a couple days, and it should be late enough to where Cole can avoid Super Two status. The right-hander has managed just 47 strikeouts over 68 innings for Triple-A Indianapolis this season, but he's posted a 2.91 ERA and pitched very well other than a blowup last month when he gave up eight runs. The No. 1 overall pick in the 2011 draft, Cole should stick around as long as he pitches well. He should be owned in all mixed leagues.
:tinfoilhat:

Larry Stone‏@StoneLarry6m

Got it confirmed from someone who would know: Mike Zunino has gotten the callup, catching a plane from Vegas to Seattle this afternoon

Users who are viewing this thread