What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2013 Official Philadelphia Eagles - NFC EAST CHAMPS*** (1 Viewer)

As many of you know, I have banged the drum quite often about how important it is not to judge a head coach hire until we see them in action. Top tier "can't miss" coordinators frequently suck as head coaches whereas the success stories come from all over, including our own Andy Reid (QB coach for a HOF QB not thought to need much positional coaching help) to John Harbaugh (Special Teams assistant). THAT SAID, I do think now that we've seen Chip Kelly's first group of assistant coaches, we CAN say this much...Chip's lack of NFL connections is on full display. This isn't a guy that was, for years, working on an NFL opportunity. What we see is a talented football coach that is accepting the challenge, but basically did not have a who's who of connections in his Rolodex to field a staff. This is an unimpressive staff. Let me be clear, maybe they're all great fits and Kelly is their Bill Belichick making them all seem like brilliant hires. Let's hope that's what happens. But an objective look at the staff, as currently constituted, speaks to a college coach who really took what was available to form his staff. REALLY uninspired hires across the board.

I don't think anyone really can be that surprised by this signing. All the different arguments about Vick vs. Foles vs. some unknown potential QB are really a moot point. The reality is that Chip Kelly, a guy that was hired for the 'brilliant offensive mind' that he possesses, probably sees in Vick a lethal weapon that he covets. Its easy to hate on Vick for all his flaws the last couple years, but to a guy like Chip Kelly, all the poor decisions and inability to read defenses are mitigated by Vick's stunning combination of speed, arm strength and athleticism (I know-he's lost a step. He's still fast as ####e). I'm knowingly in the minority here, but my opinion is that Reid's offense drastically mis-managed Vick's abilities and deficiencies, attempting to make him something he is not (a cerebral pocket passer) and reining in a large part of what makes him great (on filed intuition and in game adaptability to make a play out of nothing). You wouldn't ask Brady to run the read option, right? It works the other way too. Couple that with the atrocities at Oline and of course he got injured a lot.The plays he ran last year were never designed to protect him on the run so when he ran he got murdered. Not hard to get. I'm not against an offensive guru like Chip Kelly adapting his offense to Vick. That is far more intriguing to me than adapting it to Foles. There's a lot to be desired with Vick's decision making and accuracy, I get it. But the intangibles he possesses in comparison to Foles seem like they are much more attractive to a brand new head coach looking to make a splash with his brand new offense. And if it doesn't work, Vick's gone next year.

Well this makes the time until the draft that much more depressing. At least we know it won't be Geno Smith at #4... right? :unsure:

As many of you know, I have banged the drum quite often about how important it is not to judge a head coach hire until we see them in action. Top tier "can't miss" coordinators frequently suck as head coaches whereas the success stories come from all over, including our own Andy Reid (QB coach for a HOF QB not thought to need much positional coaching help) to John Harbaugh (Special Teams assistant). THAT SAID, I do think now that we've seen Chip Kelly's first group of assistant coaches, we CAN say this much...Chip's lack of NFL connections is on full display. This isn't a guy that was, for years, working on an NFL opportunity. What we see is a talented football coach that is accepting the challenge, but basically did not have a who's who of connections in his Rolodex to field a staff. This is an unimpressive staff. Let me be clear, maybe they're all great fits and Kelly is their Bill Belichick making them all seem like brilliant hires. Let's hope that's what happens. But an objective look at the staff, as currently constituted, speaks to a college coach who really took what was available to form his staff. REALLY uninspired hires across the board.
I have heard stuff like this alot and my only problem with it, is that it never includes alternatives. All coaches have to start somewhere and good coaches arent availible.

I don't think anyone really can be that surprised by this signing. All the different arguments about Vick vs. Foles vs. some unknown potential QB are really a moot point. The reality is that Chip Kelly, a guy that was hired for the 'brilliant offensive mind' that he possesses, probably sees in Vick a lethal weapon that he covets. Its easy to hate on Vick for all his flaws the last couple years, but to a guy like Chip Kelly, all the poor decisions and inability to read defenses are mitigated by Vick's stunning combination of speed, arm strength and athleticism (I know-he's lost a step. He's still fast as ####e). I'm knowingly in the minority here, but my opinion is that Reid's offense drastically mis-managed Vick's abilities and deficiencies, attempting to make him something he is not (a cerebral pocket passer) and reining in a large part of what makes him great (on filed intuition and in game adaptability to make a play out of nothing). You wouldn't ask Brady to run the read option, right? It works the other way too. Couple that with the atrocities at Oline and of course he got injured a lot.The plays he ran last year were never designed to protect him on the run so when he ran he got murdered. Not hard to get. I'm not against an offensive guru like Chip Kelly adapting his offense to Vick. That is far more intriguing to me than adapting it to Foles. There's a lot to be desired with Vick's decision making and accuracy, I get it. But the intangibles he possesses in comparison to Foles seem like they are much more attractive to a brand new head coach looking to make a splash with his brand new offense. And if it doesn't work, Vick's gone next year.
This is where I am with it. He has a 3 million dollar base salary and with incentives he can make up to 10 million so he's not going to kill us in anyway. I like Foles but I did not want him annointed as the starter with nothing behind him...I also didnt want Alex Smith long term. My bet is still on Foles being the guy and still playing more games this year then Vick will.

I love all of the doom and gloom.
:goodposting: We are in the infancy of CK year 1 (CK_Y01). Coaches and players will come, and coaches and players will go. Its all about the improvement. I fully expect a 3 win season in '13. No big deal to me. Just show us you have a plan and have the team playing better in December than they are in September. Then a few more wins in CK_Y02 and get a few more pieces in place. Show me the team is on the upswing. Vick, Foles...who cares? Neither will here in year 2 anyway.Relax. We're not winning the Super Bowl next season (and we weren't winning it in AR_Y15 either).

This is where I am with it. He has a 3 million dollar base salary and with incentives he can make up to 10 million so he's not going to kill us in anyway. I like Foles but I did not want him annointed as the starter with nothing behind him...I also didnt want Alex Smith long term. My bet is still on Foles being the guy and still playing more games this year then Vick will.
From a $15 million contract to $3 million if he's benched all year. That's $12 million in savings which could sign Jake Long if he makes it to free agency. What would the penalty have been if we cut him outright?

I cant stand this coaching staff starting at the top with Kelly right down to the water boy. Kelly said he wants a qb that is

1. Smart

2. Durable

3. Acurate

4. No Turnovers

5. Don't take sacks

6. gets the ball out quick

7. can read a D

If this is the case and Kelly is telling the truth then why in hell is Mike Vick (going on 33)still on this roster?

Kelly could not get good coaches around him cuss they don't want to go down in flames with the gimmick crap Kelly wants to run.

Kelly has no clue how to run a NFL team and its starting to really show. I can see the eagles being the lauging stock for the next 5 years .I bleed green and for the past 45 years never felt this bad about a coaching staff its a damn joke.

This team is not that far off its full of young talent hell last year many NFL experts had eagles fav to be in the SB ..Now you bring in a coach that wants to change to a 3/4 D that we don't have the personal to run and rip this team apart . We will be set back 3 years trying to get players in place just to run a 3/4..But in Kelly's mind he feels he can throw up 40 points the D wont matter much. WRONG this in the nfl these guy's on the other side of the ball are all the best of the best not just kids out of HS where maybe 2 make it to the next leval.

This is going to be a LONG few year's if Kelly keeps Vick or drafts Geno Smith or brings in Dixon (lmao)we are dooooomed.

Foles has a ton of potential but I believe the kid never gets a shot in this system so I hope he can land back with Andy or somwhere that he gets a shot.

Atleast we won't have to hear about a dynasty or the dream team any longer.
You're right, Kelly is clueless. The Eagles lost 11 of their last 12 games last year. Wait, Kelly wasn't the coach yet. His record is 0-0. He hasn't even run his first practice yet. How do you have any idea whether he knows how to run an NFL team? You don't. He could be good or he could be bad. We don't know yet. Enjoy life a little and don't ruin the 2013 season until the Eagles suck on the field, if they actually do_Oh, and unless you have some useful commentary or points to make, for or against the Eagles, feel free to never post here again.
Well there you have ANOTHER bone head move done today. You can have your opinion and please keep posting them its good to see what others think. I for one can't see how Kelly will bring any hope to this team. I seen enough with his coaching staff and love for Vick. I am waiting for something good to happen to give me hope. We will see if it happens but not holding my breath.

I cant stand this coaching staff starting at the top with Kelly right down to the water boy. Kelly said he wants a qb that is

1. Smart

2. Durable

3. Acurate

4. No Turnovers

5. Don't take sacks

7. can read a D

If this is the case and Kelly is telling the truth then why in hell is Mike Vick (going on 33)still on this roster?

Kelly could not get good coaches around him cuss they don't want to go down in flames with the gimmick crap Kelly wants to run.

Kelly has no clue how to run a NFL team and its starting to really show. I can see the eagles being the lauging stock for the next 5 years .I bleed green and for the past 45 years never felt this bad about a coaching staff its a damn joke.

This team is not that far off its full of young talent hell last year many NFL experts had eagles fav to be in the SB ..Now you bring in a coach that wants to change to a 3/4 D that we don't have the personal to run and rip this team apart . We will be set back 3 years trying to get players in place just to run a 3/4..But in Kelly's mind he feels he can throw up 40 points the D wont matter much. WRONG this in the nfl these guy's on the other side of the ball are all the best of the best not just kids out of HS where maybe 2 make it to the next leval.

This is going to be a LONG few year's if Kelly keeps Vick or drafts Geno Smith or brings in Dixon (lmao)we are dooooomed.

Foles has a ton of potential but I believe the kid never gets a shot in this system so I hope he can land back with Andy or somwhere that he gets a shot.

You're right, Kelly is clueless. The Eagles lost 11 of their last 12 games last year. Wait, Kelly wasn't the coach yet. His record is 0-0. He hasn't even run his first practice yet. How do you have any idea whether he knows how to run an NFL team? You don't. He could be good or he could be bad. We don't know yet. Enjoy life a little and don't ruin the 2013 season until the Eagles suck on the field, if they actually do_Oh, and unless you have some useful commentary or points to make, for or against the Eagles, feel free to never post here again.
Well there you have ANOTHER bone head move done today. You can have your opinion and please keep posting them its good to see what others think. I for one can't see how Kelly will bring any hope to this team. I seen enough with his coaching staff and love for Vick. I am waiting for something good to happen to give me hope. We will see if it happens but not holding my breath.
Holy Troll

@RoobCSN: I'm told Vick's incentives are based solely on playing time & how far the Eagles go in playoffs. Without deep playoff run, nowhere near $10m

@RoobCSN: I'm told Vick's incentives are based solely on playing time & how far the Eagles go in playoffs. Without deep playoff run, nowhere near $10m
Does't sound to bad then. I was looking for a fresh start as well but he hasn't been a bad locker room guy. And it does give us a vet on the cheap.

@RoobCSN: I'm also told Vick-Foles competition is real. Both will take reps with starting O in preseason. The restructure doesn't mean it's Vick's job

@RoobCSN: Here's the key quote from Chip on why Vick stays: "You have to look at the landscape for other quarterbacks." He felt nobody out there.

@RoobCSN: I'm also told via press conference heard by at least one million viewers that the Vick-Foles competition is real. Both will take reps with starting O in preseason. The restructure doesn't mean it's Vick's job
These reporters with their "connections" crack me up.

outsider looking in.has a Pete Carroll feel. Vick redoes his deal, has to win the job or hes probably cut.The guy who practices/plays in pre-season best out of Vick/Foles wins it. Foles could be traded though I think we will see what Andy really thinks of him if he trades for him

I don't get the "Foles doesn't fit his offense" bit. You mean Chip Kelly cannot design an offense around a pocket passer? If that's really the case, he will not be long for a HC job.

Unless you think that Foles just beats him out during camp. That's where I'm leaning until I see otherwise. This sounds like competition and I'm all for it. And Vick will not make it through the season so Foles will have a chance to show what he can do at some point if he doesn't win the job outright.
:goodposting: This is my thinking too. Didn't want Vick back, but on a short incentive laden deal thats so frinedly to the team they can actually cut him THIS year still? All for that. I like QB competitions as long as the coach is willing to make a decision a couple of weeks BEFORE the season starts and actually stick with it.

I don't get the "Foles doesn't fit his offense" bit. You mean Chip Kelly cannot design an offense around a pocket passer? If that's really the case, he will not be long for a HC job.
:goodposting: THIS. The "strength" of this coach was supposed to be his ability to fit a scheme around the available players. If that has even a grain of truth to it, he'll be able to work with a pocket passer just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vick must have gotten very little interest from other teams to sign a deal like that. Interesting.
Vick never got to find out if there was interest. He never became a free agent nor did the Eagles give other teams permission to speak to him. Given his high profile, any chatter to the contrary would be rung up the tampering flag pole with the quickness.

Vick must have gotten very little interest from other teams to sign a deal like that. Interesting.
Vick never got to find out if there was interest. He never became a free agent nor did the Eagles give other teams permission to speak to him. Given his high profile, any chatter to the contrary would be rung up the tampering flag pole with the quickness.
Any agent worth anything must be working backchannels and gauging interest off the record. There also are only handful of teams that would even be interested at all, so I'm sure his people figured out the landscape before advising him to do the restructuring.

Any agent worth anything must be working backchannels and gauging interest off the record. There also are only handful of teams that would even be interested at all, so I'm sure his people figured out the landscape before advising him to do the restructuring.
My thinking as well with so few QB options available this off-season. Why else would he take himself off the market on a risky 1-year deal? One more injury this coming season and his value completely bottoms out.On the flip side, did Alex Smith's value just go up? Or Matt Flynn's?

My thinking as well with so few QB options available this off-season. Why else would he take himself off the market on a risky 1-year deal? One more injury this coming season and his value completely bottoms out.On the flip side, did Alex Smith's value just go up? Or Matt Flynn's?
It's impossible to know what was going on in his mind, but he just secured $7mm in guaranteed money and as Sal Pal pointed out, Vick has roots in Philly now including his wife who has a successful business and doesn't want to leave. He wasn't going to get more than 2 or 3 years from any team, and maybe $15-$20mm in guarantees TOPS (and likely much less), so this probably wasn't a very hard decision for him. Plus, on the surface I'm sure he sees Chip Kelly's system as being a perfect fit for himself.

I don't think it's a question of Chip not being able to design an offense centered around a pocket passer, but rather Chip not being sold on Foles as being a QB worth building an offense around.I think this is a smart move - competition in training camp will give Chip a better idea of who can do what. Plus who knows, maybe Vick will be rejuvenated with a healthier o-line and new coach.Here are the scenarios as I see them:Vick as QB:A) From above, Reju-Vick turns back the clock to 2010.B) Vick wins the job in training camp, but then loses the job during the season (injuries/turnovers/whatever). Which leads to the following Foles scenarios:Foles as QB:C) Foles is the starting QB (whether due to winning the job outright or Vick losing the job), excels under Chip, and becomes our guys for the foreseeable future.D) Foles is the starting QB, looks more like Bobby Hoying than Drew Bledsoe, and we start fresh via draft/free agency next year.Overall, I'm happy with the direction the team is going in as far as QB. Foles showed flashes last year but nothing to really make me a believer that he's the guy. There are no other QBs in this year's draft/FA crop worth building a franchise around. Vick is a great backup plan.Not as sold as to the caliber of the coaching staff that Chip assembled, but patient enough to see how the rooks will play out.

Well this makes the time until the draft that much more depressing. At least we know it won't be Geno Smith at #4... right? :unsure:
This is Philadelphia, that could be exactly who we pick :loco:
my first thought when i heard this was that vick starts until geno smith is ready. the offense kelly builds will be built around a vick/smith type QB. i don't see how vick and foles can compete to start at QB. i mean, their skillset is so different. i think kelly knows which direction he is going in and is saying it's a competition, but it really isn't.that's just my .02.

I'm not sure how there can be a QB competition between two totally different QBs within a system that only 1 has the basic skillset to run. Can anyone explain that to me, or is he going to have 2 different playbooks?

I'm not sure how there can be a QB competition between two totally different QBs within a system that only 1 has the basic skillset to run. Can anyone explain that to me, or is he going to have 2 different playbooks?
Been trying to get that point across as well...

It's not that hard. See washington this year. Cousins ran the same offense when RG3 went down. Seattle as well. Flynn didn't get in there but he ran the offense throughout the preseason. Doubt it changes much if Wilson went down. Why is it so hard to imagine?

Is it just me or has everything Kelly done seem like the wrong move?I don't like either of the coordinators. Both seemed to have failed multiple times.I don't like the fact that everything has to be super secret. I don't like the move to keep vick for one day past the deadline. He needs to show the team that next year will be about change.Next thing we will see is the Eagles sign Rogers-Cromartie to a long term contract and announce that Nnamdi and DRC are going to change and become great corners again.So far I am just not impressed one bit. Seems like a team with no real plan and a coach that had to go and get all sub-talent coaches. Don't really think anyone wanted to hook up with Kelly.
Do you have any reason to beleive Kelly's moves are bad? Other than your opinion?Kelly should be given 2 years min before starting to pass judgement.
Well lets look at the 3 big moves so far.1st- Hires Pat Shurmur for offensive coordinatorPat Shurmur has failed in St Louis (his big claim to fame is drafting S. Bradford) Really your best move was drafting Bradford number 1 overall.. How is that working out? Then he failed again in Cleveland (5-11 record) and the whole coaching staff firedI can kinda live with this pick since I expect Kelly to be the offensive mind behind our new system.2nd- Hires Billy Davis for deffensive coordinatorDavis was defensive coordinator at 49ers and they failed. I think their ranking was 30 and 29 before he was fired. Then he went to Arizona and wow really improved that defense to a ranking of something around 28 and 30. Wait for it.. Fired again.Last job was for the famous cleveland browns as linebacker coach (so many studs on that team) and fired again after the team went 5-11.Since I expect Kelly to give A LOT of discretion to the defensive coordinator to run the defense, I hate this pick. Seems to me that we had to go with a 3rd or maybe 4th choice. No one wanted to work here under Kelly.3rd- Lastly, keeping M. Vick on the roster. Even if his 3 million is recovered when/if another team signs him (if let go), why keep him on the roster at all? We need to show the team change is coming and that should have started with cutting ties with Vick and Nnamdi. I would have cut both as soon as the superbowl was over.By these three moves I don't have ANY confidence in Kelly as a coach. I hope I am wrong and he goes on to win multiple superbowls. For now the writing on the wall states to me that we couldn't hire anything but second rate coordinators. Guess we are happy with being the cleveland browns of the east. Great 5-11 here we come for a few years before Kelly is fired.
:lmao: Honestly, all this hand wringing over a bunch of coaches. We have no idea what kind of head coach Kelly will be in the NFL. We have no idea if he can put together an NFL staff or run a team. If you are looking for something to worry about before September, then I guess there are some easy things to find. However, what is the point? Sit back and see what they do. This whole "They are so stupid, how could they do this" routine is tiresome. Chip Kelly will never win a Superbowl. There, I said it. You know why? Because the odds are much better that he won't then they are that he will. But I feel better now, because I can say I saw it coming and I'm smarter then the Eagles front office. I knew in February 2013 they shouldn't have hired him.Now that I have that off my chest, I just might sit back and watch to see what happens. Maybe I'll have some fun along the way.
Really my point here.Kelly has hired an entire new staff of people that really have never worked together before. How can anyone figure out if its going to work or not. We have a couple of ?? hires, a couple of :) :) hires, and now we have to figure out if they can gel.My assumption is that Kelly hired coaches who he can mold to his system. The system of controlling the things you have control over: tempo, execution, putting people in positions to be successful. Not all ego-centric coaches could fit into this ala Rob Ryan, Eric Mangini
Still happy with his moves now? Give me a break.. Now we keep a qb that can't run the offense, will turn the ball over countless times and will be able to only play 10 games next year.Sounds like another good move.This was the biggest mistake ever hiring this guy.
Your choices are to believe in Kelly or not. I am choosing to believe in him just like I chose to not believe in Andy.I read lots about CK and he has made correct decision after correct decision. I believe him over you, sorry.Now if you want to find wrong decisions CK has made, Im all ears.

1. Elam won't be there in the 2nd....2. Barrett Jones won't be there in the 2nd...3. You don't hire Chip Kelly to have him try to change his offense to fit the NFL... You HIRE him to bring what he does here and see if it works.. I like Foles, but he doesn't fit anymore..... Having him change what he does is like the Phillies signing Roy Halladay and making him pitch left handed....
My money is agreeing with you, but I think "probably" is more apt. I mean, we are picking 36th, its not like its 55th ...

I cant stand this coaching staff starting at the top with Kelly right down to the water boy. Kelly said he wants a qb that is 1. Smart2. Durable3. Acurate4. No Turnovers5. Don't take sacks6. gets the ball out quick7. can read a DIf this is the case and Kelly is telling the truth then why in hell is Mike Vick (going on 33)still on this roster?Kelly could not get good coaches around him cuss they don't want to go down in flames with the gimmick crap Kelly wants to run.Kelly has no clue how to run a NFL team and its starting to really show. I can see the eagles being the lauging stock for the next 5 years .I bleed green and for the past 45 years never felt this bad about a coaching staff its a damn joke.This team is not that far off its full of young talent hell last year many NFL experts had eagles fav to be in the SB ..Now you bring in a coach that wants to change to a 3/4 D that we don't have the personal to run and rip this team apart . We will be set back 3 years trying to get players in place just to run a 3/4..But in Kelly's mind he feels he can throw up 40 points the D wont matter much. WRONG this in the nfl these guy's on the other side of the ball are all the best of the best not just kids out of HS where maybe 2 make it to the next leval.This is going to be a LONG few year's if Kelly keeps Vick or drafts Geno Smith or brings in Dixon (lmao)we are dooooomed.Foles has a ton of potential but I believe the kid never gets a shot in this system so I hope he can land back with Andy or somwhere that he gets a shot.Atleast we won't have to hear about a dynasty or the dream team any longer.
Andy Reid has been sinking this ship for like 5 years. CK hasnt even started training camp and you want to say he is going to set back the franchise 3 years?If CK hired his DL coach friend from Oregon and made him the Offensive Coordinator I would be with you. Something like that makes ZERO sense right?!?!?1

I don't get it. :no:
Foles can't run his offense.. What is there to get??? He reached out to Vick, not Foles....writing has been on the wall.....
Vick can't either. Foles cost $500k this year. Vick now upwards of $10mil. Both wouldn't be here longer than a year. Makes. No. Sense.
I wouldnt say it makes no sense.Keeping him at his old number makes no sense. Having an incetiove laced deal is a perfect deal for him as long as it toes in his PT. He can only help in the competition. Whether it was Alex Smith or a draft pick I really didnt want Foles handed the job. This will being out the best in both of them
Or the worst. Foles will be stunted and Vick is just old. Well at least we'll be top 5 next year when we can get our QB. :shrug:
Foles will be stunted? Like Aaron Rodgers was stunted?SIGN ME UP!!

I don't get it. :no:
Foles can't run his offense.. What is there to get??? He reached out to Vick, not Foles....writing has been on the wall.....
Vick can't either. Foles cost $500k this year. Vick now upwards of $10mil. Both wouldn't be here longer than a year. Makes. No. Sense.
I wouldnt say it makes no sense.Keeping him at his old number makes no sense. Having an incetiove laced deal is a perfect deal for him as long as it toes in his PT. He can only help in the competition. Whether it was Alex Smith or a draft pick I really didnt want Foles handed the job. This will being out the best in both of them
Or the worst. Foles will be stunted and Vick is just old. Well at least we'll be top 5 next year when we can get our QB. :shrug:
Foles is DONE here.... he was when Kelly was hired.... why is anyone shocked by that? Vick isn't the answer, but he could run Kelly's offense better than Foles.... I'd rather have Foles than Vick, but it is what it is.. Kelly is here to run HIS offense... ever watch Oregon play?? There are some great mobile QB prospects next year and I'm guessing they will be shooting for one of them... This ain't about stunting Foles... you play him, you stunt an entire offense as it would be a completely different system... At least with Dixon, Alex Smith, Vick, etc... you could instill the offense and let it progress.... You play FOles and line blocking calls and everything changes..... Kelly is bringing his offense here m as he should, that's why he was hired.....
Just thinking how much Eagles Nation would implode if now CK drafts Geno with the 1.04BOOM!

How did you describe Andy Reids hire and the staff he formed? Howd that work out?

1. Smart

2. Durable

3. Acurate

4. No Turnovers

5. Don't take sacks

7. can read a D

What makes you think he loves Vick? CK got vick to take a 12 million dollar pay cut to stay with the team and put some carrots in front of him? He also has Foles who costs 500k. Thats a starting QB for under 4 million? Sounds like fskcing genius to me ...Or did you want us to trade DJax for Alex Smith?

These Eagles fans crack me up. They only have to look as far as hi UNH days to see CKs passing offense. But these fans refuse to do it ...

Unless you think that Foles just beats him out during camp. That's where I'm leaning until I see otherwise. This sounds like competition and I'm all for it.

And Vick will not make it through the season so Foles will have a chance to show what he can do at some point if he doesn't win the job outright.
:goodposting: This is my thinking too. Didn't want Vick back, but on a short incentive laden deal thats so frinedly to the team they can actually cut him THIS year still? All for that. I like QB competitions as long as the coach is willing to make a decision a couple of weeks BEFORE the season starts and actually stick with it.
Pete Carrol disagrees with you ;)

Been trying to get that point across as well...
It's not that hard. See washington this year. Cousins ran the same offense when RG3 went down. Seattle as well. Flynn didn't get in there but he ran the offense throughout the preseason. Doubt it changes much if Wilson went down. Why is it so hard to imagine?
I'm beginning to think at this point that Game Time is nothing more then a troll. All of the answers are out there and have been pointed out numerous times throughout the thread.At this moment I'm taking Kelly at his word. He said there would be a competition and I'm excited to see how that turns out. :thumbup:

**ETA**

And we need to stop the whole "two different playbooks" thing. It's one playbook with a #### load of plays.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20130212_Kelly__Davis_say_they_re_a_good_fit_for_each_other.html
"Billy came in and did an unbelievable job. Really, sometimes when you interview people, sometimes it's like you're pulling teeth. There is not a great rapport. But there was a great rapport. We kept going over different situations, different scenarios and just talking football," Kelly said. "It felt like what I want our meeting rooms to feel like, because it wasn't an interview. It was just a bunch of guys talking football, and some really intelligent questions, and really intelligent answers. "I felt like after interviewing him, he was the guy I wanted to work with. And I also knew instead of jumping at the first thing, to make sure we had an opportunity to look around. I explained that to Billy . . . When I did talk with other people, it just reaffirmed that Billy was the guy.
"I wasn't the homecoming king of my high school, but my wife married me," Azzinaro said when asked about Davis' defensive rankings. "When you look at film the way we look at it, we're looking for how do guys play? Balanced stances? How do they tackle? . . . Billy's defenses have always played with good leverage, his guys really tackle, they play with really good enthusiasm."
"We don't know where we'll end up being right now," Davis said. "It's about players . . . We are building the Philadelphia Eagle defense. We are building it very teachable, very learnable, so our guys play fast, aggressive, and are tough. Tackling is something we'll work on every day. "The simplicity of the scheme will let them play fast and physical. I think that's really what all the good defenses do." Davis went on to say that if he ultimately decides his personnel is a good fit for the 3-4, "then it will be. If it's not, then it won't be."

Unless you think that Foles just beats him out during camp. That's where I'm leaning until I see otherwise. This sounds like competition and I'm all for it.

And Vick will not make it through the season so Foles will have a chance to show what he can do at some point if he doesn't win the job outright.
Pete Carrol disagrees with you ;)
JAA, 10 consectutive posts in 25 minutes. Nice work. Good to have your input. Day off?

Users who are viewing this thread