What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2013 Official Pittsburgh Steelers Off & ON Season Thread *** (3 Viewers)

this is all over talk radio in pittsburgh today. count me in as a breaston fan and a believer that he makes a lot of sense on this roster. ties to pitttsburgh, familiar with haley, team needs WR depth, won't break the bank. i see him as a possible WR#3 on a team weak at that position.
If we are considered weak at WR after presumably losing Wallace, its because we dont have a stud #1, not because we dont have the depth. I think Cotchery is a better fit for our offense as a #3 WR, and him and Breaston are a bit different types of WR, but when were talking WR3 vs WR4 its sort of splitting hairs anyway. Id like for us to sign Breaston, but only on the cheap. That link makes it sound like Breaston will get a lot of attention, but Im not so sure.
Breaston will come cheaply, he only had 7 catches for 75 yds last year, (granted he was in the doghouse) but still.If Breaston signs for anything more than veteran minimum & more than 1 yr I will be genuinely shocked.Breaston has a great relationship with Haley and would add more value in Special Teams than a situational WR in 3/4 WR sets.
Us signing Breaston makes so much sense I'll be surprised if it ends up happening.After looking it up, I was surprised to see he had over 700 yards for 4 years in a row (2008-2011), and the last 2 of those were without Warner. I agree that a lot of teams wont be hunting him down and anxious to sign him, but based on his production before last year, I actually think he should be getting more looks from other teams than it seems like he will.
Ed Bouchette via Twitter reporting that Steelers and Breaston's agent (Eric Metz) will talk at combine regarding possible contract
Read yesterday that the agent also met with Browns, Lions, and someone else who I cant remember

Two other possible draft-day sleepers are another guy coming off a terrible injury history - Knile Davis, and Rutgers back Jawan Jamison. Jamison is a guy that reminds me a lot of Ray Rice, aside from the fact that they both went to my alma mater. Jamison lacks Rice's top-end speed, so he doesn't run away from tacklers like Rice did, but he's got a very similar build and running style - he uses his blockers well to set up and he stays low and grinds out extra yards. He's not really a "Steelers" type running back, but he's a guy that could be effective in the right offense. Davis is a guy I like more than most, his size/speed and his productivity in the nation's toughest conference are tough to overlook, but like Lattimore, the injuries are a major drawback.
In case anyone missed it, Davis tested through the roof yesterday. His injuries and his terrible senior year (3.4 ypc and 8 fumbles on 112 carries) are going to scare people off, but the kid was dynamite as a sophomore before getting hurt and between having to come back from injury after missing an entire year and the ####storm that was Arkansas football last year, there are possible reasons for this. Davis probably isn't getting drafted until the mid-rounds, but his measurables are ridiculous. 5'10" and 227 pounds and did 31 reps on bench and ran an official 4.37. That speed at nearly 230 pounds is a very rare size/speed combo. VERY rare.
You have me sold :thumbup: Even with those measureables I bet the injury issues prevent his stock from going up much considering the position. Id much rather go this route than spending a 2nd round pick on one of the highest rated RBs

Two other possible draft-day sleepers are another guy coming off a terrible injury history - Knile Davis, and Rutgers back Jawan Jamison. Jamison is a guy that reminds me a lot of Ray Rice, aside from the fact that they both went to my alma mater. Jamison lacks Rice's top-end speed, so he doesn't run away from tacklers like Rice did, but he's got a very similar build and running style - he uses his blockers well to set up and he stays low and grinds out extra yards. He's not really a "Steelers" type running back, but he's a guy that could be effective in the right offense. Davis is a guy I like more than most, his size/speed and his productivity in the nation's toughest conference are tough to overlook, but like Lattimore, the injuries are a major drawback.
In case anyone missed it, Davis tested through the roof yesterday. His injuries and his terrible senior year (3.4 ypc and 8 fumbles on 112 carries) are going to scare people off, but the kid was dynamite as a sophomore before getting hurt and between having to come back from injury after missing an entire year and the ####storm that was Arkansas football last year, there are possible reasons for this. Davis probably isn't getting drafted until the mid-rounds, but his measurables are ridiculous. 5'10" and 227 pounds and did 31 reps on bench and ran an official 4.37. That speed at nearly 230 pounds is a very rare size/speed combo. VERY rare.
You have me sold :thumbup: Even with those measureables I bet the injury issues prevent his stock from going up much considering the position. Id much rather go this route than spending a 2nd round pick on one of the highest rated RBs
I like Gio Bernard though -- he had a nice day yesterday and could be had in the 2nd.

Davis' vision is just "eeeeeeesh" though, isn't it? If that's a legit concern, dunno how great of an idea a guy like that would be for a team reportedly going to a ZBS.They need a good one-cut runner. Currently they have this many of those on the roster:Still liking the idea of Taylor, or maybe Michael, as a mid-rounder best with this crop(at least as of today, anyway).

Last edited by a moderator:
Davis' vision is just "eeeeeeesh" though, isn't it? If that's a legit concern, dunno how great of an idea a guy like that would be for a team reportedly going to a ZBS.They need a good one-cut runner. Currently they have this many of those on the roster:Still liking the idea of Taylor, or maybe Michael, as a mid-rounder best with this crop(at least as of today, anyway).
Davis is a guy they could draft for upside in the 4th or 5th round, not saying he's necessarily the long-term answer at RB, but he has excellent upside without using a premium pick.Had he come out (been able to) after his sophomore year, he would have been a 1st rounder in all likelihood. Last 9 games of 2010 when he became the full-time starter, he had 184-1201(6.53 ypc)-12 TDs. That's against SEC defenses. He had 30-152-1 against LSU in that stretch and 26-139 against Ohio St. in the Sugar Bowl in his only non-SEC game during that run. 14-91 against eventual champs Auburn and 22-110-3 against South Carolina. The production is there and the measurables are there, the fumbles and injuries, along with the vision questions, could afford an opportunity to get a 1/2 round talent in round 4-6.A guy I really like but who will cost a second rounder (if he's even still there at #49) is Joseph Randle from OSU. I think it's possible that when all is said and done, he's the best feature back in this class.

I cant fathom why we wouldn't want to bring back Max Starks.Between Starks, Gilbert and Adams, Id actually feel good and comfortable at the offensive tackles.And I understand that Starks is a FA, but he was almost going to be out of football last year. Bring 'em back on the cheap.

I cant fathom why we wouldn't want to bring back Max Starks.Between Starks, Gilbert and Adams, Id actually feel good and comfortable at the offensive tackles.And I understand that Starks is a FA, but he was almost going to be out of football last year. Bring 'em back on the cheap.
I agree 100% and I also wouldn't mind if they could re-sign Foster for backup money. We can't seem to keep offensive lineman healthy so depth is critical.

Yeah, I dont get it. I also saw yesterday that they still haven't approached Colon about a pay cut. It makes no sense.

Timmons reworked his contact yesterday and Ben up next. Polamalu and Woodley are also candidates. While this is great for the players (more guaranteed money now) and it helps deal with the current cap space issues the team is facing, it is kind of a rob Peter to pay Paul situation for next season and beyond.The Steelers also reportedly had talks with James Harrison's agent. It appears that Harrison is going to have to take a pay cut or he could be a salary cap casualty. Willie Colon may be facing a similar situation.

Word is Antonio Brown has restructured his deal via PFT.Can't be for very much space (maybe a mil or two if that)

Can anyone in Pittsburgh give a comprehensive overview of what all these restructurings are doing to the Steelers' cap -- not just this year, but for the next year or two down the line? I don't know any of the details. But it feels to me kind of like what the Ravens did after the 2000 Super Bowl to try to win it again in 2001.As Bisciotti said after this Ravens season, Baltimore isn't going to "put it all on the credit card" for a one or two-year run that is followed by massive salary cap dumping like they did prior to 2002. Right after the 2001 season ended, the Ravens let go of 8 starters - including Grbac, Sam Adams, Qadry Ismail, Shannon Sharpe, Rod Woodson, Rob Burnett, and Sam Gash.I feel like the Steelers might be setting themselves up for a lot of cap casualties next year - they must really think they have a chance to win in 2013 with the current roster.

Can anyone in Pittsburgh give a comprehensive overview of what all these restructurings are doing to the Steelers' cap -- not just this year, but for the next year or two down the line? I don't know any of the details. But it feels to me kind of like what the Ravens did after the 2000 Super Bowl to try to win it again in 2001.As Bisciotti said after this Ravens season, Baltimore isn't going to "put it all on the credit card" for a one or two-year run that is followed by massive salary cap dumping like they did prior to 2002. Right after the 2001 season ended, the Ravens let go of 8 starters - including Grbac, Sam Adams, Qadry Ismail, Shannon Sharpe, Rod Woodson, Rob Burnett, and Sam Gash.I feel like the Steelers might be setting themselves up for a lot of cap casualties next year - they must really think they have a chance to win in 2013 with the current roster.
They've been mortgaging cap space the past few years, and last year was the first year casualties starting occuring (Hines Ward, James Farrior, Aaron Smith among others were released). However, a product of this restructuring has hampered their ability to keep their good, coveting young players from hitting FA market. WR Mike Wallace and CB Keenan Lewis are prime examples of this for 2013. Normally, we'd be able to resign these guys, instead they are hitting FA and we are unlikely to resign them. In addition to not being able to hold on to these young, homegrown talents (which is normally why Steelers for so many years were always considered contenders for Super Bowl - by drafting talent and not making FA splashes), several long tenured veterans will have to be released to assuage cap relief, Casey Hampton, Willie Colon, James Harrison and even Troy Polamalu(unlikely) have been mentioned as potential cap casualties to get under the cap for this year. Problem wont get easier as the restructured players from this year have their cap # go up in successive years.The Steelers are caught in a vicious cycle of juggling cap space/keeping team competitive enough for a championship run.

They've been mortgaging cap space the past few years, and last year was the first year casualties starting occuring (Hines Ward, James Farrior, Aaron Smith among others were released). However, a product of this restructuring has hampered their ability to keep their good, coveting young players from hitting FA market. WR Mike Wallace and CB Keenan Lewis are prime examples of this for 2013. Normally, we'd be able to resign these guys, instead they are hitting FA and we are unlikely to resign them. In addition to not being able to hold on to these young, homegrown talents (which is normally why Steelers for so many years were always considered contenders for Super Bowl - by drafting talent and not making FA splashes), several long tenured veterans will have to be released to assuage cap relief, Casey Hampton, Willie Colon, James Harrison and even Troy Polamalu(unlikely) have been mentioned as potential cap casualties to get under the cap for this year. Problem wont get easier as the restructured players from this year have their cap # go up in successive years.The Steelers are caught in a vicious cycle of juggling cap space/keeping team competitive enough for a championship run.
Well put. They're trying to keep their window open, recognizing that they have Roethlisberger, and as long as they have a top QB, they're "in the mix." They're going to keep mortgaging cap space hoping that the cap # will go up in future years, providing some relief that way. If it doesn't, then difficult cuts have to be made, but I believe their thinking is that it's a chance they're willing to take to keep as many of their core guys around for another year, another year, another year... while Ben is still in his prime.

Is it that likely that Lewis is gone?! Unless his value around the league is much higher than I think, I dont see how they can let him go, or why they would let him go (besides the cap issues). It makes a lot more sense to make a difficult cut (like Harrison) to create the room to sign him then let him walk and open up CB to another position of our laundry list of needs.Also isnt Hampton a UFA? Im pretty sure he isnt part of our cap problem.On another note, I dont understand how the cap hasnt gone up. WTF is the deal with that!?

Well put. They're trying to keep their window open, recognizing that they have Roethlisberger, and as long as they have a top QB, they're "in the mix." They're going to keep mortgaging cap space hoping that the cap # will go up in future years, providing some relief that way. If it doesn't, then difficult cuts have to be made, but I believe their thinking is that it's a chance they're willing to take to keep as many of their core guys around for another year, another year, another year... while Ben is still in his prime.
Good postings. Thanks for the knowledge. It seems like the Steelers have lost their way a little -- holding onto overpriced old guys, at the cost of losing vital young talent that should be their next wave of the future. I really think they've heading for a total overhaul in the next few years.

Good postings. Thanks for the knowledge. It seems like the Steelers have lost their way a little -- holding onto overpriced old guys, at the cost of losing vital young talent that should be their next wave of the future. I really think they've heading for a total overhaul in the next few years.
Thats how I feel, and it sucks because it will be during Roeth's last few stud years in all likelihood. I wouldnt say theyve "held onto" older guys, but theyve given them more $ and longer deals than they should have on that 2nd or 3rd contract. They really havent lost any "vital young talent" at this point that I can think of, but if they cant re-sign Keenan Lewis, I would put him in that category.

They really havent lost any "vital young talent" at this point that I can think of, but if they cant re-sign Keenan Lewis, I would put him in that category.
I agree. And I think the problem is that they have missed on too many draft picks recently... especially first and second round picks. Here is the full list of recent draft picks And here are the recent first and second round picks:
Code:
2012 -- jury is still out on these guys due to injuries to both players, but neither dominated when they did play1	24	David DeCastro	G	Stanford2	56	Mike Adams	T	Ohio State2011 -- Heyward is a disappointment so far, Gilbert is a solid starter1	31	Cameron Heyward	DE	Ohio State2	63	Marcus Gilbert	T	Florida2010 -- Pouncey is awesome and Worilds is still a backup; performed OK when he's had to play1	18	Maurkice Pouncey	C	Florida2	52	Jason Worilds	LB	Virginia Tech2009 -- Hood is starter, but disappointment  Urbik was cut1	32	Ziggy Hood	DT	Missouri3	79	Kraig Urbik	T	Wisconsin2008 -- Mendenhall and Sweed are both head-cases1	23	Rashard Mendenhall	RB	Illinois2	53	Limas Sweed	WR	Texas
Man, that list is depressing :kicksrock:

Is it that likely that Lewis is gone?! Unless his value around the league is much higher than I think, I dont see how they can let him go, or why they would let him go (besides the cap issues). It makes a lot more sense to make a difficult cut (like Harrison) to create the room to sign him then let him walk and open up CB to another position of our laundry list of needs.Also isnt Hampton a UFA? Im pretty sure he isnt part of our cap problem.On another note, I dont understand how the cap hasnt gone up. WTF is the deal with that!?
I think that there will be a team that overpays KLewis, he is only 26 and just off his best season to date. The Steelers will not be able to put together an extremely competitive contract compared to other offers he may receive. Now, I dont think that KL is the best FA CB out there, but I do think he is in the top 5-7 availableKP, you were right about Hampton, sorry about that!

Thats how I feel, and it sucks because it will be during Roeth's last few stud years in all likelihood. I wouldnt say theyve "held onto" older guys, but theyve given them more $ and longer deals than they should have on that 2nd or 3rd contract. They really havent lost any "vital young talent" at this point that I can think of, but if they cant re-sign Keenan Lewis, I would put him in that category.
Part of the problem comes from being successful and wanting to hold on to players that have brought you success. The Ravens will be dealing with this once they sign Flacco.I don't necessarily agree they are mortgaging their future but they are going to have to make some tough choices on the players like Harrison and Polamalu that have continually extended or reworked their contracts.

Part of the problem comes from being successful and wanting to hold on to players that have brought you success. The Ravens will be dealing with this once they sign Flacco.I don't necessarily agree they are mortgaging their future but they are going to have to make some tough choices on the players like Harrison and Polamalu that have continually extended or reworked their contracts.
I would say that the Ravens have been doing this pretty well for the last decade. They keep their cornerstone guys - from Ogden to Ray, Ed Reed, Suggs, Ngata, through Ray Rice who signed a new deal last year and Flacco soon - and let other good players go, rather than overpay to keep them. Just in the last three years, look at the starters/regulars who they've let walk away: Bart Scott, Ben Grubbs, Jarrett Johnson, Cory Redding, Jared Gaither, LaRon McClain, Willis McGahee, Kelly Gregg, Trevor Pryce, Justin Bannan, Jim Leonhard.This year, there's no doubt they're going to let Kruger and starting CB Cary Williams just walk away, maybe also Ed Reed. I hope (and think) they will keep Ellerbe at ILB. But their philosophy since 2002 has been to identify and keep the franchise players, and then let other guys go when they don't fit under your cap, even if they're an every down starter.

Pretty good article here about the Steelers 2014 cap situation. It points out some facts that indicate the Steelers may be in pretty good shape despite the restructuring going on for 2013.

It is starting to get a bit old that the Steelers are in this multiple restructure situation yearly. How many times has Ben restructured or extended now? Could this be a reason why Omar Kahn hasn't gotten a GM job yet?I think the Steelers are in a precarious situation. Ben is in his prime years, but his style of play may make that a small window. They have cap and age issues yearly. So you want them to try to keep the vets and put pieces around Ben to make a run, but really, this team isn't going to compete for a SB anytime soon unless some guys step up in a way they havne't performed up to this point on both sides of the ball. I had a bad feeling after the loss to GB in the super bowl that the Steelers weren't going to be relevant again for a while unless some big changes happened and some draft picks hit. I just do not see how they improve much this season if the oline is losing pieces and depth, Wallace isn't adequately replaced, and the D doesn't get back some energy and speed. FYI guys, the other 31 teams are trying to win too. The Ravens won the SB. The Bengals are better than the Steelers right now. Cleveland is improving and will not always be doormats. Us fans need to lower some expectations IMO. 8-8 keeps them in the middle of the draft. The team isn't getting much younger. At what point do you semi-blow it up and rebuild? Or do you think that is already underway to a point?

Pretty good article here about the Steelers 2014 cap situation. It points out some facts that indicate the Steelers may be in pretty good shape despite the restructuring going on for 2013.
Good article, though he talks about doing even more restructures for 2014. That's just a matter of continuing to put it on the credit card for yet another year down the line.From the outside, I'm just wondering if the Steelers have decided they have another 2-3 year window with Ben and most of the guys from the current defense to try to win it, and after that they'll just go ahead and blow it up and start over. So they're pushing off the cap bloddletting until that day comes and will deal with it then. I saw that LeBeau said he thought the Steelers would have had a chance to do what the Ravens did this year if they had somehow gotten into the playoffs, and I don't disagree. With a great defense and a Top 10 QB, you've got a 50-50 shot in pretty much every playoff game. So I think it makes sense to try to go for it again next year, even if you end up in cap jail a few years from now.As a Ravens fan, I will be thrilled to see Wallace go. He changes the game - even if he doesn't get the ball, the threat of him getting the ball changes everything about what a defense does. We've seen flashes of it with Torrey Smith in Baltimore -- it's no coincidence that Anquan Boldin started going off once Smith burned Champ Bailey for those two first-half TDs in the playoff game at Denver. Defenses had to address him first and then Boldin (and Pitta) were suddenly putting up All-Star numbers.

As a Ravens fan, I will be thrilled to see Wallace go. He changes the game - even if he doesn't get the ball, the threat of him getting the ball changes everything about what a defense does. We've seen flashes of it with Torrey Smith in Baltimore -- it's no coincidence that Anquan Boldin started going off once Smith burned Champ Bailey for those two first-half TDs in the playoff game at Denver. Defenses had to address him first and then Boldin (and Pitta) were suddenly putting up All-Star numbers.
Agree wholeheartedly about Wallace. He has had a season and a half of subpar play but he still needs to be accounted for and the Steelers are going to miss him.

If/when they get rid of some of the players being discussed (Hampton, Foote, Harrison, Colon), I really don't see the Steelers being "old" as a team.

They really havent lost any "vital young talent" at this point that I can think of, but if they cant re-sign Keenan Lewis, I would put him in that category.
I agree. And I think the problem is that they have missed on too many draft picks recently... especially first and second round picks. Here is the full list of recent draft picks And here are the recent first and second round picks:
Code:
2012 -- jury is still out on these guys due to injuries to both players, but neither dominated when they did play1	24	David DeCastro	G	Stanford2	56	Mike Adams	T	Ohio State2011 -- Heyward is a disappointment so far, Gilbert is a solid starter1	31	Cameron Heyward	DE	Ohio State2	63	Marcus Gilbert	T	Florida2010 -- Pouncey is awesome and Worilds is still a backup; performed OK when he's had to play1	18	Maurkice Pouncey	C	Florida2	52	Jason Worilds	LB	Virginia Tech2009 -- Hood is starter, but disappointment  Urbik was cut1	32	Ziggy Hood	DT	Missouri3	79	Kraig Urbik	T	Wisconsin2008 -- Mendenhall and Sweed are both head-cases1	23	Rashard Mendenhall	RB	Illinois2	53	Limas Sweed	WR	Texas
Man, that list is depressing :kicksrock:
2008 is depressing.2009 they gave up on Urbik too soon. He's an NFL starter now.2010 "If Pouncey could stay healthy"2011 Not looking good2012 Still optimistic

'Godsbrother said:
'The Hank said:
Breaston at Steelers facilities as we speak undergoing physical
He is probably going to have to give them a discount as the Browns could easily outbid the Steelers if they want to.
They're probably banking on the fact that their team doctor's tenderness and gentle touch when checking out Breaston's testicles will cause his heart to melt and he'll sign with Pittsburgh for the vet minimum.

'The_Man said:
'Godsbrother said:
From the outside, I'm just wondering if the Steelers have decided they have another 2-3 year window with Ben and most of the guys from the current defense to try to win it, and after that they'll just go ahead and blow it up and start over. So they're pushing off the cap bloddletting until that day comes and will deal with it then. I saw that LeBeau said he thought the Steelers would have had a chance to do what the Ravens did this year if they had somehow gotten into the playoffs, and I don't disagree. With a great defense and a Top 10 QB, you've got a 50-50 shot in pretty much every playoff game. So I think it makes sense to try to go for it again next year, even if you end up in cap jail a few years from now.
Thats what Im hoping their plan is. It makes no sense to blow it up now with Ben still in his prime and a good enough team around him to at least make the playoffs. Part of the problem has also been many of their key players from the 3 Super Bowl runs have all gotten old at the same time over this couple year period. I dont know how bad all of these restructures will hurt them a few years from now, as most of those players should all still be around (Ben, Brown, Timmons, Woodley) and many of the rest of their big salaried guys that havent restructured as recently wont be (Harrison, Taylor, Polamalu). I dont see any young players on the team as of now that should command even a decent salary ($5M ballpark) besides Lewis either so as of now it would appear that come 2015 or 2016, they wont need to give big contracts/have a lot of cap space for anyone anyway (not that this is a good thing though, because its due to their lack of young talent).

'Godsbrother said:
'The Hank said:
Breaston at Steelers facilities as we speak undergoing physical
He is probably going to have to give them a discount as the Browns could easily outbid the Steelers if they want to.
I could see CLE doing that to prevent us from getting him, but do they really want/need him? Gordon and Little are locked as their starters, they still have Cribbs, and Cooper is young and could develop.

'Copeman said:
If/when they get rid of some of the players being discussed (Hampton, Foote, Harrison, Colon), I really don't see the Steelers being "old" as a team.
As of now, Hampton and Foote are gone.

Rothlisberger has been restructured, $6M cap savings.
I thought what I heard was Brown saved $3M, Ben saved $3M, so the total is $6M
I read $1M from Timmons, $3M from Brown, and $6M from Roethlisberger.
That might be right then, I forgot about Timmons.
Per nfl.com Timmons saved 5mhttp://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000145628/article/lawrence-timmons-pittsburgh-steelers-restructure-contract

So it looks like it is:Ben 6MTimmons 5MBrown 3M
The Steelers also get a $1.4 million cap credit from last year and the NFL announced yesterday the cap for 2013 has been increased from $120.6 to $123 million. Back in January John Clayton reported the Steelers were $10.8 million over the cap. If that was accurate then the Steelers should be about $7 million under the cap at this point.

The Steelers also get a $1.4 million cap credit from last year and the NFL announced yesterday the cap for 2013 has been increased from $120.6 to $123 million. Back in January John Clayton reported the Steelers were $10.8 million over the cap. If that was accurate then the Steelers should be about $7 million under the cap at this point.
According to this report the Steelers are 2M under the cap right now. They will still have to clear more space for any tenders to their RFA's and space to sign draft picks.http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3571962-74/cap-million-steelers#axzz2MIJwvYVO

According to this report the Steelers are 2M under the cap right now. They will still have to clear more space for any tenders to their RFA's and space to sign draft picks.http://triblive.com/...s#axzz2MIJwvYVO
$2.9M per Steelers depot http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/02/report-2013-nfl-salary-cap-number-now-123-9-million/

As a Ravens fan, I will be thrilled to see Wallace go. He changes the game - even if he doesn't get the ball, the threat of him getting the ball changes everything about what a defense does. We've seen flashes of it with Torrey Smith in Baltimore -- it's no coincidence that Anquan Boldin started going off once Smith burned Champ Bailey for those two first-half TDs in the playoff game at Denver. Defenses had to address him first and then Boldin (and Pitta) were suddenly putting up All-Star numbers.
Agree wholeheartedly about Wallace. He has had a season and a half of subpar play but he still needs to be accounted for and the Steelers are going to miss him.
couldn't disagree more. i think wallace is a big part of the steelers discipline/attitude problems and he is a one-dimensional player. sure, it is a potent dimension but the baggage that this guy brings is just too much. let some other team overpay him and give me a roster of guys that actually want to play hard every week.

So where is there money left that may or may not be spent next year? What does keeping vs cutting Harrison do? Hampton?I really am starting to think that resigning Lewis should be their top priority now.

So where is there money left that may or may not be spent next year? What does keeping vs cutting Harrison do? Hampton?I really am starting to think that resigning Lewis should be their top priority now.
Well we can't cut Hampton I'm pretty sure he is an ufa. As far as Harrison goes I think it will take a couple million off the cap this year. I don't know the exact number.

Well we can't cut Hampton I'm pretty sure he is an ufa. As far as Harrison goes I think it will take a couple million off the cap this year. I don't know the exact number.
If they cut Harrison they save 5.1m per rotoworld

Which probably means James needs to start cleaning out his locker if, as reported earlier in the offseason, he isn't willing to take a pay cut of any kind.They can't extend him, really. That's just "putting it on the credit card" when it's a guy who absolutely won't see the end of an extension.

I agree that Lewis needs to be #1 priority

Users who are viewing this thread