What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Sleepers (1 Viewer)

Ryan Broyles, WR DET

The #2 WR, on the most pass happy team in the NFL ... where single coverage will be his all year because defenses will have to focus on Calvin (and Reggie to a lesser extent). Give me that all day long.

Philly RB Bryce Brown

Brown flashed big-time ability last year but he also showed he was a rookie who had things to work on. He's already worked himself up to the primary backup and I would imagine he has improved on areas he needed to improve but he still has the size and speed and big-play ability.

The new offense by Chip Kelly should provide more opportunities no matter if McCoy sufferes any injuries but last year Shady suffered a very-severe concussion at the end of last year to the point the team erred on the side of caution and held him out the final few games.

Considering how the league has become soo-sensative to concussions another concussion to McCoy or any other injury could open things up for Brown to get significant playing time.

In any event it seems like he is well positioned to get more playing time and is one-hit away from being a numer-one fantasy RB.

I like Justin Forsett as a deep sleeper. MJD gets banged up often and I don't see Robinson as a every down back.

I still like Rueben Randle at his ADP. Shane Vereen was one my sleepers but his ADP has sky-rocketed since the Hernandez news.

Scott Chandler rehab is going well and could be a great back up TE.

Vincent Brown, WR SD. I've been waiting a year for him to recover from his injury. He looked really dynamic when he played, and reports so far this year are all good.

Ryan Broyles, WR DET

The #2 WR, on the most pass happy team in the NFL ... where single coverage will be his all year because defenses will have to focus on Calvin (and Reggie to a lesser extent). Give me that all day long.
I like this. The Only thing remained to be seen is the impact of R.Bush on the second wr.

I like Justin Forsett as a deep sleeper. MJD gets banged up often and I don't see Robinson as a every down back.

I still like Rueben Randle at his ADP. Shane Vereen was one my sleepers but his ADP has sky-rocketed since the Hernandez news.

At adp of rb #15 I actually like JonesDrew to have a comeback year. Every year people sour on rbs from the previous years and these are usually the rbs that end being value.

Last edited by a moderator:

At adp of rb #15 I actually like JonesDrew to have a comeback year. Every year people sour on rbs from the previous years and these are usually the rbs that end being value.
MJD could be a value pick but most other back up running backs are being drafted way before Justin Forsett. I think all the Robinson hype makes Forsett a good sleeper in the 14th round.

Shane Vereen. He'll be the '13 version of a Swiss army knife for Belichick. Slot, wide wideout, backfield, COP, whatever and wherever.

:championship:

Rod Streater WR Oakland

Streater in penciled in as the #2 WR for the Raiders and should be starting opposite Denarius Moore. This was an UDFA rookie who (to quote Jason Wood in the rankings section) "worked his way into major snaps in Week 12 and put up 18 receptions for 351 yards and a TD over the final five games. Over a full season that equates to 58 receptions and 1,120 yards." I also believe that things coming together for him at the end of the season was what made DHB expendable.

I know the Raiders are terrible but somebody has to catch the ball for Oakland and being an NFL starter usually has some fantasy value (but not always, see Mohamad Massaquoi).

Streater is flying way under the radar. Staff rankings have him at a consensus #70 WR in redraft and #79 WR in dynasty, with several staffers not ranking him at all in their top 90. He can be had dirt cheap and if he can get some half ways decent QB play he might end up a solid #4 WR and a borderline flex player in PPR leagues.

I'll second the mention of Ryan Broyles. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up as a top 15-20 PPR WR IF he is healthy by week 1.

Cecil Shorts is another player whose current ado represents great value. If he picks up where he left off last year you could be getting a low WR1-high WR2 for WR3 prices.

Shane Vereen was on my list but he isn't asleep anymore.

Reggie Bush is still a value in the late 3rd-4th. Hasnt finished outside of the top 12 the previous two seasons and I expect an increase in production this year.

Phillip Rivers is being set up to bounce back in my opinion.

Ben Tate is being drafted late in redrafts but could provide flex value without anything changing and upside for more if Foster were to go down.

Now to start digging a little deeper, I'll go with:

-Sidney Rice: some people are forgetting how talented he actually is when healthy. Harvin/Lynch will take a lot of the defenses attention + the spy they'll have to commit to Wilson's legs.

-Josh Freeman: new system last year and the players are on record saying they were running aroun blind at times last season. Apparently they're on the same page now and Freeman was a low end QB1-high QB2 most of last season. Pressure is on and IMO he will respond by taking a big step forward.

-Julius Thomas: big WR trio, but if Thomas can find the field regularly Peyton Manning will take whats given to him and I expect Demaryius/Welker/Decker to get all of the defenses attention.

-DHB: great work ethic (lots of people don't know this) and I wouldn't be surprised to see him out produce Hilton.

-Baltimore WR2: no idea who it will end up being out of Thompson/Streeter/Mallette/Jacoby

-Bilal Powell: Ivory isn't proven and also has a long list of injuries.

-Jacoby Ford: EXPLOSIVE when healthy

Aaron Dobson, who else is gonna be Tom Brady's outside guy?
based off the information I've seen he's really struggled and may have fallen behind Thompkins & Jenkins
That suggests to me that they are stuffing him full of info and expectations. We know Jenkins is nothing. I can't say I have a feel for thompkins but if the reports are that Dobson is "struggling"' to me I say great...they are using him (cause you can't struggle if you are watching). Not saying either side of the coin is the certainty but would watch it closer before assuming its bad. It's could be good and a month from now could be a whole different story because I imagine for any rookie that is not perceived as an automatic blue chipper, adjusting to the expectations of Brady and belichick IS a struggle.

I like Leshore as a solid #2 RB and a quality buy low in Dynasty/Keeper. He can be drafted very late in redrafts.

And I would buy Joique Bell to hedge my bets.

Cutlers adp seems very low right now.. Can see him cracking the top 10

If and it's a big if

Amendola stays healthy

He will be top 10

Alex Smith - He's got maturity, experience, leadership, an Andy Reid offense, and now a chip on his shoulder. I like the Chiefs receiving corps, and think that Smith could possibly crack the top 10... not bad for your FF team's QB2.

Shane Vereen. He'll be the '13 version of a Swiss army knife for Belichick. Slot, wide wideout, backfield, COP, whatever and wherever.

:championship:
Vereen has regularly gone in the 5th-7th rounds in the MFL 10's I've been doing. I think he's already beyond sleeper status, especially in PPR. I've seen him taken as a team's RB2.

Someone I've never been a fan of but who I keep ending up with pretty late (12th-14th rounds out of 20) is DHB. Physical upside and catching passes (if he can hold on to them) from a better QB then ever before. Worth the risk as my WR 5-6.

I'll second the mention of Ryan Broyles. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up as a top 15-20 PPR WR IF he is healthy by week 1.

Cecil Shorts is another player whose current ado represents great value. If he picks up where he left off last year you could be getting a low WR1-high WR2 for WR3 prices.

Shane Vereen was on my list but he isn't asleep anymore.

Reggie Bush is still a value in the late 3rd-4th. Hasnt finished outside of the top 12 the previous two seasons and I expect an increase in production this year.

Phillip Rivers is being set up to bounce back in my opinion.

Ben Tate is being drafted late in redrafts but could provide flex value without anything changing and upside for more if Foster were to go down.

Now to start digging a little deeper, I'll go with:

-Sidney Rice: some people are forgetting how talented he actually is when healthy. Harvin/Lynch will take a lot of the defenses attention + the spy they'll have to commit to Wilson's legs.

-Josh Freeman: new system last year and the players are on record saying they were running aroun blind at times last season. Apparently they're on the same page now and Freeman was a low end QB1-high QB2 most of last season. Pressure is on and IMO he will respond by taking a big step forward.

-Julius Thomas: big WR trio, but if Thomas can find the field regularly Peyton Manning will take whats given to him and I expect Demaryius/Welker/Decker to get all of the defenses attention.

-DHB: great work ethic (lots of people don't know this) and I wouldn't be surprised to see him out produce Hilton.

-Baltimore WR2: no idea who it will end up being out of Thompson/Streeter/Mallette/Jacoby

-Bilal Powell: Ivory isn't proven and also has a long list of injuries.

-Jacoby Ford: EXPLOSIVE when healthy
I agree with most all of these especially Julius Thomas and jacoby ford...

I'm throwing in joique bell as well... I feel he would be the main beneficiary if bush goes down and I don't think they are tied necessarily to leshoure being the primary backup if joique continues to impress... Hard to take a guy like him off the field... In return yardage leagues I feel like damaris Johnson has a real chance to impress if the chip Kelly system runs truer to Oregon form... Surprisingly good blocker with excellent short area quicks... The ability to block is what may get him on the field and you never know from that pt on...

Marcedes Lewis is somebody I see as a potential low end TE1 if henne wins the job

M. Bennett TE Bears. New offense should benefit him and they need someone that can catch the ball in the middle of the field. He will also be number 2 option in the redzone for this team.

Golden Tate and Sydney Rice are both not getttin love and one of them should break out this year to have a big year and lead the seahawks. This offense should take another big step forward this year.These guys should be solid WR3s at worst top WR4s.

Aaron Dobson, who else is gonna be Tom Brady's outside guy?
based off the information I've seen he's really struggled and may have fallen behind Thompkins & Jenkins
That suggests to me that they are stuffing him full of info and expectations. We know Jenkins is nothing. I can't say I have a feel for thompkins but if the reports are that Dobson is "struggling"' to me I say great...they are using him (cause you can't struggle if you are watching). Not saying either side of the coin is the certainty but would watch it closer before assuming its bad. It's could be good and a month from now could be a whole different story because I imagine for any rookie that is not perceived as an automatic blue chipper, adjusting to the expectations of Brady and belichick IS a struggle.
:lmao:

M. Bennett TE Bears. New offense should benefit him and they need someone that can catch the ball in the middle of the field. He will also be number 2 option in the redzone for this team.

Golden Tate and Sydney Rice are both not getttin love and one of them should break out this year to have a big year and lead the seahawks. This offense should take another big step forward this year.These guys should be solid WR3s at worst top WR4s.
as a Giants fan I can tell you this won't happen..Bennett was thrown at over 90 times last season,only caught 55 balls..Bennett is terrible

oven mitts covering stone hands, I'm afraid.. :shrug:

I like Rice and Tate though!

Daryl Richardson - easy start to 2013 season, he could get on a roll

Carson Palmer

Keenan Allen

Brandon Myers

A. Boldin will be a PPR machine, I mean, who else do they have in SF?

James Jones

Reuben Randle

C. Shorts

T. Eifert

I will second the Bryce Brown and DeAndre Hopkins calls.

Brown: Good young RB that IIRC was rated the #1 High School RB by many.

Hopkins: Gets to learn from one of the best.

I also like LaTavius Murray: Anyone backing up McFadden is a sleeper.........

I define sleepers as guys I can get in rounds 10+ who I think could be gems. Most guys I draft in this area are guys that are ww material come weeks one and two if there's nothing to support keeping them, but I do a lot of work in these rounds. So, by round 10+, here are the guys I like the most:

Round 10: Denarius Moore, WR, OAK. He's been touted as a sleeper for several years, but injuries and poor overall team play have prevented him from fully realizing his potential. He's still likely to struggle a bit, but he's the best WR on OAK by a good margin. A little health and he should be a legit WR3 with upside to low end WR1 upside if Flyn can just be an average QB.

Roudn 11: Pierre Thomas, RB NO. To me, this is an absolute steal. The Ingram experiment seems to be closing and there will be room for a lot of carries behind Sproles. PT is a capable receiver as well if Sproles goes down. A bit of a retread name, but in a great situation. He'll be a middling RB3 with some upside into RB2 territory.

Round 12: Philip Rivers, QB, SD. Just a couple of years ago, seeing his name as a low end QB2 would have been laughable. Easily has the talent to be well ahead of this draft position and should at worst be a nice bargaining chip as injuries happen to others QBs.

Round 13: DHB, WR, IND (okay, so at 12.11 ADP, it's a bit disingenuous, but this is my list darnit). My top sleeper right now is DHB. At worst, he'll start the season as the third WR with a QB that is light years ahead of anyone else he has played with. In his third season, he posted a very respectable 64/975/5 on a really bad team. He regressed last year in terms of stats, but it's hard to pin that on DHB directly given the overall situation in OAK. He's a very low cost guy (he's being drafted as WR56) that could easily be a legit WR3 and has upside into WR2 area. Maybe not the huge jump into WR1 territory, but with an ADP in round 12/13 right now, he has great value.

Round 14: AJ Jenkins, WR, SF. SF offense is going to make a star out of somebody going deep this year and with Crabtree hurt, AJ has as much as a chance as anyone. I still think Manningham comes back in time to be the guy, but if not, Jenkins should have a leg up on the other guys there. More of a lottery pick than sleeper, but if news comes out that he's starting, his ADP will shoot up.

One sleeper I am intrigued by is Chris Thompson of the Redskins. He's a dynamic player that could end up being a shifty 3rd down RB option in D.C. With Roy Helu battling injuries since he emerged from the womb, Thompson only has to better Evan Royster who is average.

The kicker is that he's still rehabbing an ACL injury but he should be good to go at 100% for training camp. As a late late pick or even a waiver wire add, I think Mr. Thompson has a chance to help some fantasy teams down the road.

as a Giants fan I can tell you this won't happen..Bennett was thrown at over 90 times last season,only caught 55 balls..Bennett is terrible

oven mitts covering stone hands, I'm afraid.. :shrug:

I like Rice and Tate though!

Daryl Richardson - easy start to 2013 season, he could get on a roll

Carson Palmer

Keenan Allen

Brandon Myers

A. Boldin will be a PPR machine, I mean, who else do they have in SF?

James Jones

Reuben Randle

C. Shorts

T. Eifert
As a Bennett owner last year (he was my TE2 in a lot of leagues), I think you are exaggerating. His hands didn't look good last year, but they weren't terrible, either. He dropped 6 of 61 catchable balls. He looked really good before his knee injury. I think he's got potential here in Chicago. However, his ADP is TE12 so he's not exactly a sleeper.

TE drop rate:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/22/signature-stats-drop-rate-tight-ends/

Woodhead has peaked my interest....I'll certainly be following him during TC.

Broyles has been mentioned and I like him as well.

Definitely targeting Josh Gordon. I thought his ADP would rise as the season approached but now that he'll be suspended to start the season I think he'll be a great value.

A Steeler: Sanders (I like Brown, but maybe not a sleeper) - Also, Bell

A Brown: Cameron

A Pat: If Vereen is no longer a sleeper, then Edelman, if Edelman is no longer a sleeper then Dobson

A Saint: Joe Morgan

A Chief: Avery

A Charger: Vincent Brown (I like DX but maybe no longer a sleeper)

A Colt: Hilton

A Bear: Someone, I'm not sure who yet (Bennett will be fine, but someone else)

Texans - Hopkins

Giants - Myers

Any Rams?: No, not really, maybe DRich.

Exceeding expectations but not sleepers: Charles, Forte

Deeeeeeep Sleeper: Hoomanawanui

johnadams said:
I define sleepers as guys I can get in rounds 10+ who I think could be gems. Most guys I draft in this area are guys that are ww material come weeks one and two if there's nothing to support keeping them, but I do a lot of work in these rounds. So, by round 10+, here are the guys I like the most:
I think round 10 is a good line in the sand for a true sleeper. I'm going to list 4 WRs who can each be drafted after round 10 and 2/4 have a very good shot at 1,000 yards. You could probably draft all four after round 10 if you wanted. In order of probability:

Greg Little - he's only played 2 seasons even though he seems like a perennial disappointment. Known for drops early in his career, he improved on this metric the last half of 2012. Little is big, strong, aggressive and explosive. He has uber elite metrics in several categories. I hated Little last season and avoided him like the plague. I love him this season with an ADP in round 11ish. E2A: Also wanted to point out that there's a new regime in CLE and this will now be a Norv Turner offense. Always hated Norv as a HC and he wears thin as an OC, but I think this new scheme will benefit Weeden and Little. Norv has always made stars out of his big/physical WRs and with Little entering his 3rd season and having a gunslinger QB, I think he's a lock for 1,000+ yards and 8 TDs.

Vincent Brown - Someone must catch the ball in SD and don't hate me if I'm still not sold on Denario "bionic knees" Alexander. In spite of stale play-calling by Norv Turner and the inability of Gates to find his form, Rivers still threw for 26 TDs. Rivers had his worst season since his 2nd as a starter and still put up respectable (3600/26) fantasty stats. I put a substantial weight on mean reversion, which means I fully expect Rivers to get back to 4,000 yards and 28+ TDs. Like Little above, Brown is entering his 3rd season and is known as a precise route runner. He was getting rave reviews from the coaching staff last preseason before being injured. He missed all of 2012 with an ankle injury and is apparently healthy going into 2013. Barring injury, this should be another no-brainer 1,000 yard WR.

Michael Floyd - This call is a little more bold, especially considering that I have respect for Andre Roberts' game as well. Carson Palmer should be good for 4,000 yards and we know Mendy won't catch much. It's not hard to make the leap for all 3 Cardinal WRs (Fitz, Roberts, Floyd) to surpass 1,000 yards. We know Arians likes to chuck it deep and they have a below avg running game. As a bettor I'm not saying probability favors Floyd getting 1,000 yards but for his 15+ round price tag and as a 1.13 draft pick just a season ago, the reward heavily favors the risk. I wasn't high on Floyd as a rookie or in my dynasty drafts but I'm warming to his potential, especially late in a re-draft.

Kendall Wright - I really think he's a year away from 1,000+ yard production but his 12th round price tag is just too cheap to ignore. Another 1st round draft pick in 2012 and put up better than average rookie stats. Has a dysfunctional teammate as his only competition for targets. As a bettor, I'd peg him at 800ish yards and 6 TDs this year but that's close enough to 1,000 and in round 12, I'll take those odds! Also of note, aside from his 1st round draft status which has the most weight, Wright is also in the upper tier when comparing his combine/pro day metrics. There's a lot to like here and rarely anything to dislike for his price.

Brian Hartline - Wallace should draw more of the attention freeing up Hartline. Tannehill should take a step forward and they seem to have some chemistry.

Josh Freeman - Finished 9th in passing yards and tied for 7th passing TDs. He will/can run a bit and he's only 25.

LaMichael James - I don't think Hunter is special (not saying he is bad though), Gore is at that age when it may start to lose a step, SF runs a lot and has a great O-Line, he's very talented, he put on some weight this year and I think he's really hungry. I think if they can get him enough inside runs to keep teams honest he might be able to earn enough touches to help out. His ADP is around 150.

Travis Benjamin just hit my sleeper radar a few weeks back and I've since picked him off waivers in a dynasty league. With Gordon out early in the year he could post nice numbers the first month of the season. He's a lightening fast, undersized deep threat that should benefited greatly to the new downfield passing attack Clev is rolling out this year.

SaintsInDome2006 said:

A Pat: If Vereen is no longer a sleeper, then Edelman, if Edelman is no longer a sleeper then Dobson

Texans - Hopkins

Giants - Myers

I like Nick Toon from your squad (of course I like him- I own him). Watched him make play after play for Wisconsin and always thought he would make it as a pro. What better offense than with Brees and Co.? With his foot injury in the rearview, I'm hoping he makes an impact in the future.

SaintsInDome2006 said:

Texans - Hopkins

Giants - Myers

I like Nick Toon from your squad (of course I like him- I own him). Watched him make play after play for Wisconsin and always thought he would make it as a pro. What better offense than with Brees and Co.? With his foot injury in the rearview, I'm hoping he makes an impact in the future.
Hey you could be right, I was hopeful for him last year too. It would be just like the Saints to pick a guy with an eye towards the next year to bring him out. I'm going to training camp and the Morgan/Toon/Stills competition will be very interesting. I'm thinking each of these teams will have a new opportunity for someone to step up, the question is who and to pick right.

Roudn 11: Pierre Thomas, RB NO. To me, this is an absolute steal. The Ingram experiment seems to be closing and there will be room for a lot of carries behind Sproles. PT is a capable receiver as well if Sproles goes down. A bit of a retread name, but in a great situation. He'll be a middling RB3 with some upside into RB2 territory.

I play in a couple different leagues with different scoring and always seem to get Thomas as a 4th ot 5th back. Everyone has like Ingram and Ivory but for many reasons Thomas has been the steady guy in the backfield besides Sproles for the Saints. He has not had that huge year but he is a solid backup type that gets value from where he is drated. This year he should get 6-8 Tds and 600 yards rushing.

Kendall Wright - I really think he's a year away from 1,000+ yard production but his 12th round price tag is just too cheap to ignore. Another 1st round draft pick in 2012 and put up better than average rookie stats. Has a dysfunctional teammate as his only competition for targets. As a bettor, I'd peg him at 800ish yards and 6 TDs this year but that's close enough to 1,000 and in round 12, I'll take those odds! Also of note, aside from his 1st round draft status which has the most weight, Wright is also in the upper tier when comparing his combine/pro day metrics. There's a lot to like here and rarely anything to dislike for his price.
I like all the guys you mention, but of them, Wright is my favorite.

Jarius Wright, MIN WR. Patterson is a project (albeit, a talented one) who I don't think shines immediately. Wright won't be Harvin per se, but he'll be a good WR3 or more and can be had very cheap.

Housler, Palmer, Boykin.

the nice thing about guys like this is I'd be fine dropping them if they aren't paying off. As opposed to guys like K Wright or Dobson who you would probably hang onto even if they're not performing.

Jarius Wright, MIN WR. Patterson is a project (albeit, a talented one) who I don't think shines immediately. Wright won't be Harvin per se, but he'll be a good WR3 or more and can be had very cheap.

Housler, Palmer, Boykin.

the nice thing about guys like this is I'd be fine dropping them if they aren't paying off. As opposed to guys like K Wright or Dobson who you would probably hang onto even if they're not performing.
Someone else said something this effect I don't remember where but... Wright is more like Harvin and Patterson and Jennings are more like every other WR Ponder has had in his arsenal and failed to deliver to or with.

I thought Wright looked quite good filling in for Harvin last year. I know there will be a concerted effort to get Jennings and Patterson the ball but Ponder is what he is and one thing he will be looking to do is replace what he had with Harvin.

(WR) Chris Givens - Alot of press has been given to Bradford's new weapons in Austin, Cook, Bailey. But I thought Givens started to emerge and could stand to be the biggest beneficiary of all the attention that I'm sure Austin/Cook will garner. As a rookie, showed the ability to get deep...has to get more consistent, but seems to be flying under the radar for the Rams.

(RB) Vick Ballard - Something simply smells funny with regard to Ahmad Bradshaw's feet (no pun intended). I don't want do a series of cut and pastes but in January, Bradshaw had surgery on a chronically injured right foot. Recovery time was estimated at 10 weeks. In March, he shed his walkiing boot. But the Steelers and Broncos both passed him up prior to the draft. They wound up drafting kids in Round 2. However, the contract Bradshaw wound up signing with the Colts was a 1 year $1.1M deal with per game bonuses. He doesn't sign this though until close to 6 weeks after the draft. At the time of his contract signing, he is still in a walking boot...close to 5 months after surgery. How confident are we that Ballard is simply going to be shunted to the side? Moreso, 5 months of convalescence from a surgical procedure on a chronically troublesome appendage doesn't sound great heading into training camp with a new team.

I like the V. Ballard pick. I'm thinking Bradshaw is a flash grenade...burns bright and loud and then gone...

I have a feeling Donnie Avery is the winner in the Andy Reid offense.

One of the Jets WRs will be a steal, I'm leaning towards Hill.

I'm also in on the Hartline express.

For TE, I'm grabbing both Colts TEs. Fleener will be BIG this season between the 20s and Allen will be a big RZ target.

QB sleeper for me is Tannehill. I think the Phins have a chance to win the division and it comes down to the QB. I think he has IT.

Rob Housler: Carson Palmer loves to throw to his tightend. Just ask Brandon Myer..
Which of the following is not like the others:

BEST RANKINGS TE EACH YEAR PLAYING WITH PALMER:

2004 - 26

2005 - 36

2006 - 36

2007 - 49

2008 - 44

2009 - 33

2010 - 21

2011 - 29

2012 - 9

i hate to say it but i think that whoever ends up as backup qb for read option teams will be good stash players i see a lot of injuries to read option qbs coming up this year even though i am sad to say that because i like trickery on the o side of the ball and read option has some elements of trickery but not enough gaget plays for my liking take that to the bank brohans

Rob Housler: Carson Palmer loves to throw to his tightend. Just ask Brandon Myer..

2004 - 26

2005 - 36

2006 - 36

2007 - 49

2008 - 44

2009 - 33

2010 - 21

2011 - 29

2012 - 9
Yeah well take this...............

AzCardinals.com considers TE Rob Housler the team's most likely breakout candidate.
Reporter Darren Urban predicts Housler could snag upwards of 60 passes after posting a 45/417/0 line in 2012. That may be on the conservative side for some of Housler's biggest backers, but would still put him squarely in the TE1 conversation. New coach Bruce Arians has called the 6-foot-5, 250-pound Housler a "wideout playing tight end," and believes "the sky is the limit as far as where he can get talent-wise."

Source: azcardinals.com
Jul 9 - 6:16 PM

2004 - 26

2005 - 36

2006 - 36

2007 - 49

2008 - 44

2009 - 33

2010 - 21

2011 - 29

2012 - 9

AzCardinals.com considers TE Rob Housler the team's most likely breakout candidate.
Reporter Darren Urban predicts Housler could snag upwards of 60 passes after posting a 45/417/0 line in 2012. That may be on the conservative side for some of Housler's biggest backers, but would still put him squarely in the TE1 conversation. New coach Bruce Arians has called the 6-foot-5, 250-pound Housler a "wideout playing tight end," and believes "the sky is the limit as far as where he can get talent-wise."

Housler could be a breakout candidate this year . . . I was only pointing out that over the years, Palmer has not been kind to his TEs. Myers was targeted a lot last year as the Raiders had issues with their receiving corps. Housler could end up as the 4th option in the passing game in ARI. Depending on the size of each individual fantasy league, he may or may not have fantasy relevance this year. ARI had over 600 passing attempts last year, meaning there's not a ton of room for them to throw the ball way more this year.

2004 - 26

2005 - 36

2006 - 36

2007 - 49

2008 - 44

2009 - 33

2010 - 21

2011 - 29

2012 - 9

Fluff piece. Heath Miller went from TE20 to TE4 (15 games) after Arians left. Housler may be a WR playing TE, but he's on a team with Fitzgerald, Floyd, and Roberts who are all very good WRs playing WR. The TE will be blocking in Arizona just like the TE did in Pitt. I expect 60-70 targets.

Users who are viewing this thread