What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014/15 UK Basketball - :pours40out: (1 Viewer)

I hope WVU wins. I hate Huggins as much as I do Cincinnati. Would love to beat that ###.
I had Cincinnati, WV, ND as opponents in my bracket - so far playing out just like I thought. I imagine the committee wanted Cincy, WV and Kansas - but ND is a good substitute.

Crowds will be interesting in Cleveland - BBN will travel well, but I expect big turnouts for ND and WV also...

I live outside Cincy and went down to the Banks Saturday to watch the game and antagonize some UC fans. A friend of mine's son started ragging on me about UC, so I gave him a prop bet: UC won't break fifty unless Derek Willis (our token) is on the floor.

They put him in with 20 seconds to go and UC broke fifty about 5 seconds later. :moneybag:

4 More.

My dream road the rest of the way of teams I'd like to play:

West Virginia: I like Huggins, but being from Northern KY, I had to put up with him at Cincy, plus the whole Wall/Cousins year payback.

Notre Dame/Wichita St: Doesn't really matter to me, they would both be satisfying to beat. ND because there fans annoy me and Wich. St is a scarier matchup to me, because of revenge on their minds from last year, but don't think they have the size.

Wisconsin: I want to prove that we can beat one of the better teams, that people "think" can beat UK.

Lousiville/Duke: Louisville for obvious reasons, but I don't think they have enough to get there. Duke is a real possibility and would love to see Towns vs Okefor. Even though I would think WCS would guard Okefor more, but Okefor would guard Towns. Would love to destroy Coach K by 20+.

I have a good feeling about tonight's game. I don't think it will be close in the end.

Interesting to see all the Calipari to the NBA talk heat up again. I thought he was going to leave after last season, until all the players decided to come back, and the potential for an undefeated season became a little greater. His youngest kid is a senior in high school, but he is away at boarding school, so, not even here in Lexington. Coaching Kentucky, and the way in which Cal has to recruit to succeed each year, must be mentally and physically exhausting, so I can see why he might want out.

On the other hand, the money won't be much better in the NBA, and coaches in the NBA have so little influence over success or failure, it does not seem like a worthwhile challenge. I am sure he'll be given the keys to any team he joins, but even then, he is limited by cap space and contracts in terms of who he could bring in. And, you have to figure that any team firing its coach is going to be a tough place to win. Early in the season, I assumed Blatt was just keeping the seat warm for Calipari in Cleveland, but as they get things rolling, its hard to see Cleveland dumping him after a year. Maybe there is a team that is close, but wants a new coach anyways (New Orleans?), but I don't know the NBA well enough to know which coaches are really on the hot seat on decent up-and-coming teams.

Last year I was sure he was leaving, but he ended up staying, this year, I will not be surprised by any decision he makes - just hope he makes it quickly...

Officiating is the key tonight. If the game is called like the WVU/MD game, it could be an upset. If they call all the hacks,bumps and elbows , UK runs them out of the gym.

Kentucky is the 1st team to score twice as many points as its opponent in the NCAA Tournament in the Regional Semifinals or later since 1940, when Indiana defeated Springfield (MA) 48-24.
Kentucky's 39-point win matches the largest by any team in Sweet 16 history.
West Virginia averaged 0.62 points per possession, the worst offensive efficiency for any team in the 2015 NCAA Tournament. The previous low was held by Hampton, Kentucky's 2nd-Round opponent (0.75).

hagmania said:
I think Wisconsin is the scariest left tbh.
IMO they're the only team left who can beat UK without having to resort to 1985 Villanova-esque heroic measures. They don't rely on pressure defense, they can spread the floor out, limit fouls and turnovers, top 6 players all contributed to Final Four run last season.

Looking ahead to next season... Kentucky and Kansas are expected to announce a home-and-home in 2016 and 2017 as the headliner for the next two years of the Big XII/SEC Challenge. Given some of the other moves Kansas is making with their future non-conference schedule, it looks like January 30, 2016 in primetime will be UK/KU at the Phog capping a marathon of Big XII/SEC games on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU. KU will play UK at Rupp in January 2017, and in the season after that UK/KU will be up again in the Champions Classic rotation.

Despite the recent results in the Champions Classic and the 2012 title game, I'm already looking forward to this home-and-home. IMO it's good for both programs and the sport if they play each other every year.

GL tomorrow night. I'm still in awe of the beatdown UK delivered last night. I hope y'all beat Notre Dame by 40.

Now tied for the most wins in a season. Calipari has hit 38 wins three times now, twice with UK, and once with Memphis, though I think those might have been vacated :oldunsure:

please tell me the final 4 game will not be another 9:00 tip-off. It takes me a good 2 hours after these games to wind down enough to go to sleep

A little late to the party but:

Harrisons are stone cold killers. That Aaron shot though. Wow.

Towns was a beast.

That spread out offense ND ran gave us some problems. Pulled our big guys away from defending the rim.

What a game. Nerve wrecking.

:popcorn:

I have long said this will be their toughest game of the season...would rather play MSU or Duke imo.

I hope Booker and Harrison can find their range in the dome, always a tough task for the shooters. The other key will be Towns staying out of foul trouble, and potentially putting Wisconsin in foul trouble.

I have long said this will be their toughest game of the season...would rather play MSU or Duke imo.

I hope Booker and Harrison can find their range in the dome, always a tough task for the shooters. The other key will be Towns staying out of foul trouble, and potentially putting Wisconsin in foul trouble.
Wisconsin plays man 99% of the time and they've got a tough call to make on Towns. Put Kaminsky on him and risk foul trouble, or put Hayes on him and risk Towns going 10-for-13 from the floor again?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wisconsin plays man 99% of the time and they've got a tough call to make on Towns. Put Kaminsky on him and risk foul trouble, or put Hayes on him and risk Towns going 10-for-13 from the floor again?
If I were Wisconsin - i'd put Hayes on Towns, then double him in the post and force Towns to make the pass, and the outside shooters to make shots in the dome.

If I were Wisconsin - i'd put Hayes on Towns, then double him in the post and force Towns to make the pass, and the outside shooters to make shots in the dome.
Good point about the dome. Make Booker and Harrison beat you against the poor shooting background. Wisconsin runs some trap-and-rotate so they wouldn't be installing a new defense to play that way, either. Less complicated than trying to install a zone on short notice.Always enjoy Final Four Saturday, and wow I'm looking forward to the second game tonight.

Is it true they tore up every bowling alley within 30 miles for that floor?

The dull red just isn't doing it for me. Also, I hate elevated courts/sunken benches.

Getting ready to head over to watch with some friends.

Let's go Blue!

Had the game at 60-56. What was Cal doing taking the air out of it?
Yeah, that series of possessions was pretty inexplicable. Couple that with the missed shot clock violation and a weak foul call and that pretty much swung the game.

With the way Wisconsin was shooting all night, you have to keep your offense ticking at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread