What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 MBSL 1 Draft Thread (3 Viewers)

4.03 51. FUBAR Luck, Andrew IND QB Mon Aug 18 12:49:34 p.m. ET 2014 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

4.04 52. Bass N Brew Davis, Vernon SFO TE Mon Aug 18 2:18:45 p.m. ET 2014

4.05 53. Stephan Holloway Olsen, Greg CAR TE Mon Aug 18 2:18:46 p.m. ET 2014 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

4.06 54. nittanylion Waiting On nittanylion For The Next Pick

4.07 55. Bro1ncos Pre-Draft Selection Made

RB - Bernard 4

WR - Jones 9, Harvin 4

TE - Davis 8

Took Julio in the 1st because I'm big on all the week 4 bye week guys and didn't want to double up out of the gate. Secured Bernard at RB, like him in this format. I'll live and die with Harvin this year because he's ending up on every roster I have. Top 5 talent, top five past production. I see him as the 2014 version of DJax from last year...a guy that slips way too late who can hang up WR1 numbers. Davis felt like a gift as he's been going 2nd to mid 3rd round in all of the WSL/PDSL/SSL drafts.

Feels like a balance team thus far with lots of flexibility to go best player available for several rounds.

1.16 DeMarco Murray RB DAL 11

2.01 Montee Ball RB DEN 4

3.16 Michael Crabtree WR SF 8

4.01 Jason Witten TE DAL 11

Went against my normal start and went RB/RB. Thought about going WR/WR with something like Nelson/Jeffrey but decided to go a different route. Would have taken Thomas had he fell one more slot. Debated long and hard at the 3/4 turn. Wasn't ballsy enough to pass on WR position again. Thought about doubling up at WR but then thought that almost everything I liked at TE would be gone in this format by the time my 5/6 came around, so I went safe and snagged Witten. Top QB's will be gone by my next pick so will have to see what direction I go but I have some options. Think a couple guys I really like will slip and may have to reach big time being on the end.

Stephen Holloway said:
Team Holloway

Going to be a busy week so I may not have much time for commentary and that is what I love the most about all of these mock draft leagues.

1.12 A. J. Green WR4 bye week 4

2.5 Arian Foster RB11 bye week 10

3.12 Roddy White WR17 bye week 9

In ppr leagues, I have these three at WR3,RB4, and WR11. Granted Arian Foster is a little of an unknown with the missing practices, but I think that he will be heavily targeted and play the lead role running the ball. A.J. Green was not a bargain that early, but he will be the Bengals most targeted and has been extremely consistent. Roddy White returns healthy and will get a lot of the short passes that Gonzalez received a year ago.

Happy with the start and glad to be a part of this league. When you have time, share your thoughts with the board and let's talk about why we made the choices that we made.
you have Foster at RB4? really? Not a chance he is on any of my teams at current ADP. Maybe if he somehow made it to the 3rd round in 12 team leagues but otherwise no way.

4.08 Toby Gerhart RB JAC 11

2.08 Alshon Jeffery WR CHI 9

3.09 Cordarrelle Patterson MIN 10

1.09 Rob Gronkowski TE NEP 10

Probably early on Patterson but I don't own him in any other league and am starting to believe the hype.

Draft commentary for my mates with (bye)

1.07 - Eddie Lacy, RB, (9) - after the STUD four RB and Graham and Calvin it's a choice of team construction and I would rather have a RB who has a chance to put up Top 5 numbers

2.10 - Randall Cobb, WR (9) - last of my Top 10 wide receivers will put up great numbers assuming he can stay on the field this year

3.07 - C.J. Spiller, RB (9) - Glad to get a Tier 3 (potential Top 20) RB here

4.10 - Mike Wallace, WR, (5) - Has the potential for huge weeks which can help carry a team

ETA to correct Packers bye week

Last edited by a moderator:

Probably early on Patterson but I don't own him in any other league and am starting to believe the hype.
That's about where he's going. Early IMO. Don't think he should be going before Welker/Harvin/Crabtree

1.07 - Eddie Lacy, RB, (4) - after the STUD four RB and Graham and Calvin it's a choice of team construction and I would rather have a RB who has a chance to put up Top 5 numbers

2.10 - Randall Cobb, WR (4) - last of my Top 10 wide receivers will put up great numbers assuming he can stay on the field this year

4.10 - Mike Wallace, WR, (5) - Has the potential for huge weeks which can help carry a team
Might want to double check green bay's bye week.

That's about where he's going. Early IMO. Don't think he should be going before Welker/Harvin/Crabtree
I know you are Welkers nuts this season but too much downside for me

1.07 - Eddie Lacy, RB, (9) - after the STUD four RB and Graham and Calvin it's a choice of team construction and I would rather have a RB who has a chance to put up Top 5 numbers

2.10 - Randall Cobb, WR (9) - last of my Top 10 wide receivers will put up great numbers assuming he can stay on the field this year

5.07 - Emmanuel Sanders, WR (4) - Faster than Decker and Welker and I think will have excellent numbers this year - delighted he fell so far in this large a league because he usually goes in the 5th round in twelve team $ leagues

Other than the bye week issue I think this base is very explosive and will have a lot of receptions

5.07 - Emmanuel Sanders, WR (4) - Faster than Decker and Welker and I think will have excellent numbers this year - delighted he fell so far in this large a league because he usually goes in the 5th round in twelve team $ leagues

Other than the bye week issue I think this base is very explosive and will have a lot of receptions
I see lots of immunity potential here.

Doubt Sanders or Wallace get a lot of receptions but they should have big games.

5.09 valence - Ben Tate, RB Browns

5.10 Bro1ncos = Bishop Sankey, RB, Titans

5.11 nittanylion - Martellus Bennett, TE Bears

5. 12 Holloway - Nick Foles, QB Eagles

I see lots of immunity potential here.
As long as one of them is Week 9 I will be good :cool:

QB: Andrew Luck

- So far the guy is more revered in real life and in dynasty than he's shown, but he certainly has the potential to be a top starter. As a 4th round pick and the 5th QB taken, he seems a fair value and was not going to make it back to me.

RB: Doug Martin

- I think he bounces back well this year. Sims injury only helps.

WR: Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, Terrance Williams

- two safe bet veterans and a 2nd year guy with potential in an explosive offense. I wouldn't want Williams as my 1 or 2, but I like him a lot as my 3.

TE: Charles Clay

- seems I'm taking him in most leagues. IMO, after the top 7 tight ends, clay has a similar ceiling to anyone and a higher floor than most. I'll continue to take him at TE13

6.08 Colin Kaepernick QB SF 8

5.09 Ben Tate RB CLE 4

I'm really feeling Kaepernick this season. With the middle of that D being gutted SF is going to have to throw the ball more. He also has legit weapons at every receiver position for the first time in his career.

RB is going to be weak of course but pretty happy with the two I got having waited until round 4 to get my first.

7.04 Kelvin Benjamin, WR CAR

A bit early for him but was sniped on Watkins and Tate. Everyone else was meh so I gambled on the upside. :shrug:

6.10 - Travis Kelce, TE (6) - This kid has the potential to be one of the very good TE in the NFL - good speed and good hands. Probably needs to learn NFL blocking and the Chiefs playbook but I think he will be one of Alex Smith's favorite targets this year.

7.07 - Russell Wilson, QB (4) - I think Wilson takes the next step up this year in the passing game and is a potential Top 10 fantasy quarterback

Users who are viewing this thread