What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*2015-16 EPL Fantasy - Season Over - Rule Changes for next season (1 Viewer)

So, where do I buy a magazine to help w/ the draft? Hey Sebowski, your services available?
This draft is like fantasy football in the 1990's. Good luck!
That's what I like about this so much. You really are on your own.
So do we at least have a list of players so I'm not drafting Messi?

Also is there a redraft or bidding process after the January transfer windo? I mean Tottenham is looking to sign Messi in January and I'd like him on my team.

So, where do I buy a magazine to help w/ the draft? Hey Sebowski, your services available?
This draft is like fantasy football in the 1990's. Good luck!
That's what I like about this so much. You really are on your own.
So do we at least have a list of players so I'm not drafting Messi?

Also is there a redraft or bidding process after the January transfer windo? I mean Tottenham is looking to sign Messi in January and I'd like him on my team.
I'll post some rules before we start drafting - but in short it will be 17 rounds, snaked. the 17th round is a free-for-all - you can make your pick whenever.

Any player in the world can be drafted - and many players will be drafted who are not currently in the PL - speculating that they will be in the PL at some point. Once the draft ends, the only players who can be picked up are listed on the Fantrax site (i.e. they are in the league already).

Position eligibility is decided by fantrax - we won't be overriding their decisions. Some players do get multiple position eligibility.

I have sent invites to everyone on the wait list - I guess we take the first two to respond, or if only 1 responds we have to stick with 12.

Not sure its worth posting in the main soccer thread - this thread has been bumped to the top quite a bit.

I have sent invites to everyone on the wait list - I guess we take the first two to respond, or if only 1 responds we have to stick with 12.

Not sure its worth posting in the main soccer thread - this thread has been bumped to the top quite a bit.
I say we get this show on the road, and roll with 12 guys. This thread has been bumped enough all morning.

I say we get this show on the road, and roll with 12 guys. This thread has been bumped enough all morning.
A couple more hours won't hurt.

Lets give the folks until 1:00 ET to chime in. I am ready to pick, and I suspect the first round will go pretty quickly today.

I might be willing to step in and play if you guys need someone to fill this thing out. I'd appreciate a link to last year's scoring results, as my EPL knowledge isn't really deep outside the top teams. Just kinda want to be able to see the top 100 or so scorers so that I can make projections and adjustments.

Ok - we are getting close to 1:00 ET.

Do we want to keep looking for a single owner, or cut it back to 12?

Last edited by a moderator:
How about make Ominous Johnson the 13th pick. If we get another drafter by the time the end of the first round comes, they both draft. If not we drop OJ, and swing back around.

We just need to get this started asap, we are already 3 days behind last year, so we have to draft quicker this year no matter what.

Someone PM me when it's my turn to draft Benteke
If I had known you were a Liverpool fan I would've held out for a better offer
on a serious note, I was just kidding about wanting draft help. I'd actually like to test myself again in this draft to see what I've learned one year into my EPL life.
Gotcha, my offer was half hearted anyway. I'll sit on the sidelines and offer snarky commentary here and there.

Someone PM me when it's my turn to draft Benteke
If I had known you were a Liverpool fan I would've held out for a better offer
on a serious note, I was just kidding about wanting draft help. I'd actually like to test myself again in this draft to see what I've learned one year into my EPL life.
Gotcha, my offer was half hearted anyway. I'll sit on the sidelines and offer snarky commentary here and there.
New owner here, big football (round ball played with fee) fan tho... you can help me if you want. Serious. The prospects of the draft are scaring me, I have last year's results and the lists of BPL transfers. What a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread