What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

Keep in mind that MIN has a bad run D and the game script will shift if the Niners aren't controlling the game. That being said, if Bush is out its a huge boost for Hyde.
Yea not sure I agree. Pretty sure Bush would be an afterthought after that performance, healthy or not. I liken it to Leveon Bell last year. Everyone watched game 1 and said, ok we have a superstar on our hands. And we barely heard from Blount again there.

Ther D also looked tremendous.

The 1 concern if any, Kapernick is still a horrific qb.

ffrookie said:
Keep in mind that MIN has a bad run D and the game script will shift if the Niners aren't controlling the game. That being said, if Bush is out its a huge boost for Hyde.
I agree with this.. He looked amazing though and can't wait to see if he can keep it up...

I still think that teams will now stack the box against them and make Kaep beat them. This could cause him to fall back a little I guess..

All in All he was the biggest surprise for me in week 1. Looked legit for sure

Anyone played around with the new roster tool that just came out-- seems pretty cool, good way to figure out who to root for if you are in multiple leagues (includes all FFPC leagues except the all play ones).

My top 5 to root for this week: Stevie Johnson (got him everywhere I could in drafts), Denver Defense (nice start), Jordan Cameron, Donte Moncrief (picked him up in a bunch of leagues), Justin Forsett

My top 5 to root against this week: Miami Defense, Brady, Sankey, Kelce :-) , Andre Johnson

Anyone played around with the new roster tool that just came out-- seems pretty cool, good way to figure out who to root for if you are in multiple leagues (includes all FFPC leagues except the all play ones).

My top 5 to root for this week: Stevie Johnson (got him everywhere I could in drafts), Denver Defense (nice start), Jordan Cameron, Donte Moncrief (picked him up in a bunch of leagues), Justin Forsett

My top 5 to root against this week: Miami Defense, Brady, Sankey, Kelce :-) , Andre Johnson
Where is this exactly, on our FFPC team site of Football Guys??

Thanks

Definitely kicking myself today. I picked up Gillmore almost everywhere but didn't play him (argh, the ups and downs of fantasy football).

Congrats to all the Hyde owners.
Its a long season bruh. :lmao:
Don't you ever speak before something happens? You're the worst Monday morning qb. Or maybe the best. But you're super lame either way. Why aren't u commenting on Dion Lewis? Because you're a tool. The game script for Hyde was kind of wacky also going down 30-3 by halftime. Still believe in his talent

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to all the Hyde owners.
Its a long season bruh. :lmao:
Don't you ever speak before something happens? You're the worst Monday morning qb.
Isn't that what you did after week 1? :shrug:
No actually I didn't. I was going back and forth with Coots in the "preseason" pushing Hyde as a capable rb. He was saying he preferred JStew and it wasn't even close. Now I won't begin to pretend I thought Hyde would be a beast. I didn't. Nor did anyone in fantasy for the most part. But game 1 opened everyone's eyes. I'm sure Coots would take Hyde in every league he has JStew in right now. But at least he took a stance before the games were actually played.

You seem to take joy in people's misery whether it be injury or underperformance or whatever. Always the first to post about something negative. Yet never comment on positives. It's an old act. That is all.

Good day

From the 3 hole:

QB: Ryan (10), Bridgewater (14)

RB: Gordon (5), Martin (6), Sankey (8), Cobb (9), Sims (11), Denard Rob (17), Oliver (18)

WR: Dez (1), Hilton (2), Evans (3), Tate (4), Green-Beckham (16), Huff (19)

TE: Eifert (7), Donnell (12), L. Green (13)

Def: Seattle (15)

K: Barth (20)
Andrew it just seems you are struggling to get into a good flow...

This team isn't horrible but I don't think it goes anywhere either... You have 4 picks used in the top 11 rounds on probably the two worst backfields in football.. Its tough to count on much production..

That guy got you off your game last night, you should of let it go...

Just my thoughts
Martin not looking to bad as a zero-RB now ay? Or u still think Sims is starting day 1?http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/watch-doug-martin-moves-the-chains-about-cincinnati-bengals-at-tampa-bay-buccaneers-preseason-week-2-on-nfl-preseason-52_yl

This is vintage rookie year Dougie Fresh. Winston also looked terrific. Wish I had more shares of Dougie.
Looked great last year in preseason too when everyone moved him back up into the 2nd round...

No I am not impressed at all.... Did you watch the first game????
He rushed 21 times for 68 yds in the preseason last year. (3.2 ypc). With a long of 13 yds. What part of that looked great to you last year?If you didnt think he looked great last night, you're either not watching or you can't admit when you're wrong on a guy.

And yes Evans and his hammy not good. Although they're calling it minor. Still wouldnt let him fall out of the 4th...no chance. But yea I would drop him behind all the guys he was already being lumped together with...
I have no problem saying I was wrong on a guy, crap its happened countless times..

Don't you think that you just might be putting the cart before the horse though.. He looked HORRIBLE the first preseason game.. He looked ok last night but its preseason dude, I MEAN ITS PRESEASON MAN, ARE WE TALKING ABOUT PRESEASON??? Last time I knew preseason stats counted for jack shiptttt.....

Wait until 4 games into the season and then lets talk... I do own him 4 or 5 times where I got him in the late 6th to 9th when I needed a RB though...

We shall see
Well Gildz just checking back on how you feel about him now... He looks like the same the same guy from the last two years still..

Well he's been better then JStew and Hill. ;)

But yea he's looking pretty dam pedestrian.

I haven't seen a lot of the Tampa games either. Are they stacking the box forcing Jameis to throw it? He's been pretty brutal as well

Well A the offensive line sucks... I don't expect C. Simms to be any better if he got all the totes either... Its just not a very good football team right now..

I like Simms a little more because he will be the passing down back and I see them being behind a lot this year..

Man what a cruel game we play... I loved Hill, Andre, and TE Hill coming into the early draft season.. They all look like none contributors now...

Just keep grinding away..

Well A the offensive line sucks... I don't expect C. Simms to be any better if he got all the totes either... Its just not a very good football team right now..

I like Simms a little more because he will be the passing down back and I see them being behind a lot this year..

Man what a cruel game we play... I loved Hill, Andre, and TE Hill coming into the early draft season.. They all look like none contributors now...

Just keep grinding away..
Yep. Can't ever remember more injuries/busts at the top of the draft. If you even hit on 3 of your top 4 picks in this thing, you're way ahead of the pack.

And pretty much every RB sucks.

Thank god I grabbed Deon Lewis everywhere.

My Doug Martin fetish ends this year!

Had him at 1.1 two years ago, thought he was tremendous value late rd 3 last year and couldn't pass him in rd 6 this year.

Doug, me and you are through!

Pretty pleased so far, but we'll see how the bye weeks go.

3 teams; 539, 487, 457.
Awesome start!
Thanks. I saw your 544 team. Brady, Julio, Cobb! They're the kind of guys that could really string some monster games together for you in the Championship round. Very nice!

I just hope I don't miss too many more big week opportunities from guys, like sitting J Randle last week. :doh:

Freeman and Hill did work for me this week. Freeman has been the FPC steal of every draft thus far and he looks like an RB1 from here on out. Congrats to those who drafted him! You have a steal.

This is where we sit after 4 weeks:

Patrick's Pirates 1: 2-2 - 667 pts

Patrick's Pirates 2: 3-1 - 569 pts

BsBombers 1: 2-2 - 570 pts

BsBombers 2: 2-2 - 478 pts

Strong teams Pirate. Oddly enough, my top team also has 667 points!

FPC-AZ2: 667 - 3-1

FPC-AZ3: 599 - 2-2

FPC-AZ1: 541 - 1-3 (3 L's in a row for this team. :( )

Almost halfway thru the regular season already.

Really like my AZ2 team. Tough decisions this week with no byes.

Forte / Dion Lewis / Gurley / Foster

Hopkins / Edleman / K Wright / Hurns

Witten / Walker

From the 3 hole:

QB: Ryan (10), Bridgewater (14)

RB: Gordon (5), Martin (6), Sankey (8), Cobb (9), Sims (11), Denard Rob (17), Oliver (18)

WR: Dez (1), Hilton (2), Evans (3), Tate (4), Green-Beckham (16), Huff (19)

TE: Eifert (7), Donnell (12), L. Green (13)

Def: Seattle (15)

K: Barth (20)
Andrew it just seems you are struggling to get into a good flow...

This team isn't horrible but I don't think it goes anywhere either... You have 4 picks used in the top 11 rounds on probably the two worst backfields in football.. Its tough to count on much production..

That guy got you off your game last night, you should of let it go...

Just my thoughts
Martin not looking to bad as a zero-RB now ay? Or u still think Sims is starting day 1?http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/watch-doug-martin-moves-the-chains-about-cincinnati-bengals-at-tampa-bay-buccaneers-preseason-week-2-on-nfl-preseason-52_yl

This is vintage rookie year Dougie Fresh. Winston also looked terrific. Wish I had more shares of Dougie.
Looked great last year in preseason too when everyone moved him back up into the 2nd round...

No I am not impressed at all.... Did you watch the first game????
He rushed 21 times for 68 yds in the preseason last year. (3.2 ypc). With a long of 13 yds. What part of that looked great to you last year?If you didnt think he looked great last night, you're either not watching or you can't admit when you're wrong on a guy.

And yes Evans and his hammy not good. Although they're calling it minor. Still wouldnt let him fall out of the 4th...no chance. But yea I would drop him behind all the guys he was already being lumped together with...
I have no problem saying I was wrong on a guy, crap its happened countless times..

Don't you think that you just might be putting the cart before the horse though.. He looked HORRIBLE the first preseason game.. He looked ok last night but its preseason dude, I MEAN ITS PRESEASON MAN, ARE WE TALKING ABOUT PRESEASON??? Last time I knew preseason stats counted for jack shiptttt.....

Wait until 4 games into the season and then lets talk... I do own him 4 or 5 times where I got him in the late 6th to 9th when I needed a RB though...

We shall see
Well Gildz just checking back on how you feel about him now... He looks like the same the same guy from the last two years still..
Checking in again Coots.

Lol. I feel like the Scientist now.

Dougie!

Not sure where to put this, but as this seems to have turned into the 'general' 2015 season thread...

Have been playing for a while now, with a fair amount of teams each year. But a weird little anomaly has risen in one league where there are 6 teams with a 4-1 record so far. I've never had a league so clearly have bunched good vs bad teams before, could result in some of the lesser used tie-breakers coming into play in the end season.

I wish that FFPC would disassociate itself from DFS. Im fearing that they are putting their whole site at risk with their association with Fanduel.

Patrick's Pirates 1: 4-2 (972)

Patrick's Pirates 2: 4-2 (829)

BsBombers 1: 3-2-1 (865)

BsBombers 2: 4-2 (810)

Yep, we had a tie this week! (barring stat corrections) At 128.75 pts. So weird.

Has anyone ever seen that before???

I haven't seen it in these leagues but I'm sure it happens. In a points only league years ago I tied with someone for 2nd place over the course of an entire season. That was pretty weird, especially because we didn't use full points (0.1 for rushing/receiving yds, 0.05 for passing yds). We basically split the 2nd/3rd place prize money.

Good to see your 1st team is still rocking it! Here's how I'm doing so far:

Pennystock: 4-2 (949)

Pennystock II: 2-4 (748)

Pennystock III: 6-0 (977)

Pennystock IV: 5-1 (785)

Pennystock V: 4-2 (892)

Pennystock VI: 4-2 (828)

Really like team 1 and team 3 (no big surprise there I guess since they've scored the most points for me)...have been very lucky so far with the 4th team, have basically won two games that points wise I really shouldn't have, but also have two games above 150 and another game above 140. Hopefully that is at least good enough to give me a small chance to do some damage in the playoffs if I make it. Really hope Denver fixes their offense problems, have D. Thomas and Hillman on that team. My last team is better than the scoring would indicate, but has been tough for me to manage the lineups - I keep on benching the wrong damn people :) Right now, all but my 2nd team (which admittedly kind of stinks - I seem to have one throwaway team every year) would make the playoffs either by record or points. Just hoping the good luck continues (fingers crossed)!

I wish that FFPC would disassociate itself from DFS. Im fearing that they are putting their whole site at risk with their association with Fanduel.
I'm thinking unfortunately that legislation is going to impact both DFS and leagues like this regardless of how they are affiliated. Amazing to think how dysfunctional the government is yet they can put this as a high priority? Really?

I haven't seen it in these leagues but I'm sure it happens. In a points only league years ago I tied with someone for 2nd place over the course of an entire season. That was pretty weird, especially because we didn't use full points (0.1 for rushing/receiving yds, 0.05 for passing yds). We basically split the 2nd/3rd place prize money.

Really like team 1 and team 3 (no big surprise there I guess since they've scored the most points for me)...have been very lucky so far with the 4th team, have basically won two games that points wise I really shouldn't have, but also have two games above 150 and another game above 140. Hopefully that is at least good enough to give me a small chance to do some damage in the playoffs if I make it. Really hope Denver fixes their offense problems, have D. Thomas and Hillman on that team. My last team is better than the scoring would indicate, but has been tough for me to manage the lineups - I keep on benching the wrong damn people :) Right now, all but my 2nd team (which admittedly kind of stinks - I seem to have one throwaway team every year) would make the playoffs either by record or points. Just hoping the good luck continues (fingers crossed)!
That's an extremely strong group of teams Penny. Great job so far. Keep it rolling.

I tied a team this week with 158.75 points for each team. We were tied for the 3rd highest scoring teams for the week in the league.

That's an extremely strong group of teams Penny. Great job so far. Keep it rolling.
No kidding, Im quite jealous :unsure:

Nice to see some winning records posted. Just thought I'd post an update.

FWIW - these were all early drafts (July 4th weekend)

FPC-AZ2: 1028 - 5-1 (Being early meant I got pretty good value with Brady, but not so much with Foster in the 2nd. Was lucky enough to win Dion Lewis in waivers. Hopkins in the 3rd and Edelman in the 4th have been $$ for me.)

FPC-AZ3: 880 - 4-2 (Wheaton and Reed picks have disappointed. Still competitive though. Randle situation and Marvin Jones on bye are going to hurt this week, but it looks like my opponent doesn't have a real strong lineup this week.)

FPC-AZ1: 815 - 2-4 (This is a Gronk 1st round pick team. I took McCoy as my 1st RB and that has really hurt. This week will be tough with Sanders on bye. 7th in points so the window is rapidly closing.)

What do the rosters of your high scoring teams look like gentlemen? Would like to see how we stack up.

Patrick's Pirates 1 - 972 pts:

QB- Tom Brady

RB- Chris Ivory

RB- Dion Lewis

TE- Charles Clay

WR- Julio Jones

WR- Randall Cobb

FL- Keenan Allen

FL- Jordan Matthews

K- Mason Crosby

D- Denver Broncos

RB- Rashad Jennings

RB- James Starks

RB- Christine Michael

RB- Ahamad Bradshaw

RB- James White

RB- Andre Williams

RB- Bilal Powell

TE- Crockett Gillmore

TE- Ladarius Green

TE- Owen Daniels

My highest scoring team at the moment:

Typical starters:

QB- Dalton

RB- Ivory, Forsett

WR- Fitzgerald, Edelman

TE- Clay

FLEX- Woodhead, D Murray

K- Santos

D- Denver

Bench:

QB- Roethlisberger

RB- Jones, Bradshaw

WR- Rishard Matthews, James Jones, Kendall Wright, Randle, Dez Bryant (will be nice end of year),

TE- Bennett, Gillmore

Find it interesting that this is my highest scoring team considering I lost my first round pick for several games.

My highest scoring team at the moment:

Typical starters:

QB- Dalton

RB- Ivory, Forsett

WR- Fitzgerald, Edelman

TE- Clay

FLEX- Woodhead, D Murray

K- Santos

D- Denver

Bench:

QB- Roethlisberger

RB- Jones, Bradshaw

WR- Rishard Matthews, James Jones, Kendall Wright, Randle, Dez Bryant (will be nice end of year),

TE- Bennett, Gillmore

Find it interesting that this is my highest scoring team considering I lost my first round pick for several games.
This is an extremely strong team ffrookie. You gotta like the depth across the board here. Larry F has done an excellent job of covering for Dez while he is out.

The only thing you are lacking (which is the same as me) is Devonta or Hopkins or both.

Here's my two highest: Team 1: 949

QB: B. Roethlisberger/C. Newton/J. Cutler

RB: L. Bell/J. Forsett/C. Ivory/J. Starks/B. Powell

WR: D. Hopkins/E. Decker/P. Garcon/A. Boldin/E. Royal/L. Hankerson

TE: M. Bennett/A. Gates/L. Green

K: S. Hauschka

D: STL/CIN

Scored a little less so far than the 3rd team below but I like this one more in terms of potential down the road, just need folks to stay healthy and continue to contribute.

Team 3: 977

QB: R. Tannehill/J. Cutler

RB: D. Freeman/J. Forsett/C. Ivory/R. Mathews/C. Michael/B. Powell

WR: A. Brown/J. Matthews/J. Brown/M. Jones/Ch. Johnson/P. Dorsett/D. Harris

TE: M. Bennett/A. Gates

K: C. Santos

DEF: ARI/BUF

RBs have been carrying me here. If A. Brown gets back to his normal production with Big Ben I could get some pretty high scoring weeks. J. Matthews has also been disappointing so far but still hoping he turns it around. Need some WR/TE depth here, which is part of the reason why I like my first team more, feels like that team is deeper right now and built for a better run.

Still a long way to go, but happy with both of these teams so far. Hopefully they continue to do well and make the playoffs. Hope you guys continue to do well also!

Users who are viewing this thread