What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 "How did I do" Thread (3 Viewers)

Here's my highest scoring team. 1028, FPC - AZ2

Tom Brady (NE)

Joe Flacco (BAL)

Tony Romo (DAL)

Originally drafted Brady and Romo. Dropped Romo and picked up Flacco when Romo got hurt. Just picked Romo back up last night for $1. When he comes back and Dez is healthy I like him better than Flacco. Also, I anticipate this being a championship round team and don't mind carrying 3 QB's for right now just so I can ensure I have Romo as my backup over Flacco later.

Todd Gurley (STL)

Dion Lewis (NE)

Arian Foster (HOU)

Matt Forte (CHI)

Ahmad Bradshaw (IND)

Lewis was an early WW pickup. Would love to pick up another RB for depth, but not much out there and my remaining budget is pretty small.

DeAndre Hopkins (HOU)

Kendall Wright (TEN)

Anquan Boldin (SF)

Julian Edelman (NE)

Allen Hurns (JAC)

Stefon Diggs (MIN)

Even though I don't think I've gotten him in my lineup more than once I think Hurns turned out to be an outstanding 20th round pick.

Delanie Walker (TEN)

Jason Witten (DAL)

Crockett Gillmore (BAL)

Just picked up Gillmore last night for depth.

Josh Brown (NYG)

Mason Crosby (GB)

I don't care much about K's, but last minute injuries happen and I don't want to risk a 0.

STL Team Defense (STL)

Drafted StL and their bye is now past. Unless there's good match up, I'm just going to stick with them.

Good Luck all. See you in the Championship Round!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a pretty damn good team Brun. Love your RBs, while a little depth couldn't hurt, you're already deep because all four of them can start for you. Lewis migtht be a little matchup dependent but Forte and Foster are pretty easy starts every week and Gurley has looked great so far. Good luck to you!

That's a pretty damn good team Brun. Love your RBs, while a little depth couldn't hurt, you're already deep because all four of them can start for you. Lewis migtht be a little matchup dependent but Forte and Foster are pretty easy starts every week and Gurley has looked great so far. Good luck to you!
Thanks for the kind words. Was able to drop Harvin for Bradshaw last night. He's a handcuff right now, but I think in a couple weeks he could be another Sims or Vereen.You're right about Lewis. Aside from Philadelphia, not many productive RB's vs Jets. Might sit him this week.

Sorry, I know this is one of those lame LOOK AT ME posts, but can't help myself. Thanks to Brady, Lewis and Edelman, for the next couple of days anyway, this team is #1 on the leader-board. :excited:

Here's my highest scoring team. 1028, FPC - AZ2

Tom Brady (NE)
Joe Flacco (BAL)
Tony Romo (DAL)

Originally drafted Brady and Romo. Dropped Romo and picked up Flacco when Romo got hurt. Just picked Romo back up last night for $1. When he comes back and Dez is healthy I like him better than Flacco. Also, I anticipate this being a championship round team and don't mind carrying 3 QB's for right now just so I can ensure I have Romo as my backup over Flacco later.

Todd Gurley (STL)
Dion Lewis (NE)
Arian Foster Chris Polk (HOU)
Matt Forte (CHI)
Ahmad Bradshaw (IND)

David Cobb (Ten)
Lewis was an early WW pickup. Would love to pick up another RB for depth, but not much out there and my remaining budget is pretty small.

DeAndre Hopkins (HOU)
Kendall Wright (TEN)
Anquan Boldin (SF)
Julian Edelman (NE)
Allen Hurns (JAC)
Stefon Diggs (MIN)

Even though I don't think I've gotten him in my lineup more than once I think Hurns turned out to be an outstanding 20th round pick.

Delanie Walker (TEN)
Jason Witten (DAL)
Crockett Gillmore (BAL)

Just picked up Gillmore last night for depth.

Josh Brown (NYG)
Mason Crosby (GB)

I don't care much about K's, but last minute injuries happen and I don't want to risk a 0.

STL Team Defense (STL)
Drafted StL and their bye is now past. Unless there's good match up, I'm just going to stick with them.

Good Luck all. See you in the Championship Round!

And don't feel bad about a look at me post. If you're in 1st place of 7,000+ teams in a $300,000 competition, you ring that bell. Today, YOU are the best!

DT,

Its all about being hot at the right time though buddy.. Hopefully it continues for you.. I finished 3rd overall one year through 13 weeks and won some money for it which is very nice but SUCKED in the playoffs and finished 400th...

Very nice team though and hopefully it continues..

Coots,

I have no lofty expectations. This is just entertainment with a chance that it pays for itself or maybe more. Like Penny and Pirate suggest. I'm going to enjoy the moment. As your experience shows. I may only have this moment and quite likely will return to my normal, boring, loser existence by Tuesday.

Coots,

I have no lofty expectations. This is just entertainment with a chance that it pays for itself or maybe more. Like Penny and Pirate suggest. I'm going to enjoy the moment. As your experience shows. I may only have this moment and quite likely will return to my normal, boring, loser existence by Tuesday.
I hear ya bro..... I usually only play with 1 or 2 teams. If I was up at #1 Overall I would screen shot it and save for life. I think its a pretty cool deal myself.

Man the amount of star injuries is crazy this year... Its all about surviving at this point I think..

Its going to be a fun 3 weeks until the playoffs start and then every point is magnified even more..

Coots,

I hear ya bro..... I usually only play with 1 or 2 teams. If I was up at #1 Overall I would screen shot it and save for life. I think its a pretty cool deal myself.
Lol, tbh, I did think about doing that.

Foster done.

Lewis done.

Forte out until????

I guess I should have taken that screen shot. :-(

Gildz Lewis looked great that first half... I started him in only 5 of 20 or so that I have him in... Just had way better options, started him over B. Marshall in a couple just to have him going tonight.. Need another 8 from him this half..
Dion looked tremendous. Would have loved that last screen pass. He had 30 yds down the field there if Brady doesn't overthrow it. I was most excited about his rushing success. He could even get 10+ carries/week. He's no slouch rushing it.Any other team, he's a RB2 with upside. With Belicheck, he's a legit flex until further notice. If this kid can stay healthy, sky is the limit.

BTW. Lewis and Forsett are the exact same size and weight. Just sayin...one can dream.
He is going to be hit or miss every week......
Same goes for 80% of players not taken in the top few rds. Vereen finished RB20 last year and that was finishing with 840 total yds only. The 3rd down back in New Eng has been the 1 constant the last few years. That player has been a solid flex option w/upside. Lewis 'can' be even better then Vereen/Woodhead. Lewis was a feature back in college also. And not at some rinky dink div 2 school. He can hold his own rushing. Heck he rushed it 325 times his freshman yr for 1,800 yds.

The question will be his health. But if he's on the field, he's going to be a very solid option in PPR's. also helps that Bolden runs like he's stuck in mud and Blount is 1 dimensional.

Dion Lewis will be the pickup of the year. Mark it down. Just happened to be prior to week 1. Well for savvy owners at least. Be happy if he's sitting on your wires.
:shrug: I marked it down so I could return later. He had a decent run but not pickup of the year. He did better than I thought he would but he also is what I thought he would be......injured and out at some point.

Gildz Lewis looked great that first half... I started him in only 5 of 20 or so that I have him in... Just had way better options, started him over B. Marshall in a couple just to have him going tonight.. Need another 8 from him this half..
Dion looked tremendous. Would have loved that last screen pass. He had 30 yds down the field there if Brady doesn't overthrow it. I was most excited about his rushing success. He could even get 10+ carries/week. He's no slouch rushing it.Any other team, he's a RB2 with upside. With Belicheck, he's a legit flex until further notice. If this kid can stay healthy, sky is the limit.

BTW. Lewis and Forsett are the exact same size and weight. Just sayin...one can dream.
He is going to be hit or miss every week......
Same goes for 80% of players not taken in the top few rds. Vereen finished RB20 last year and that was finishing with 840 total yds only. The 3rd down back in New Eng has been the 1 constant the last few years. That player has been a solid flex option w/upside. Lewis 'can' be even better then Vereen/Woodhead. Lewis was a feature back in college also. And not at some rinky dink div 2 school. He can hold his own rushing. Heck he rushed it 325 times his freshman yr for 1,800 yds.The question will be his health. But if he's on the field, he's going to be a very solid option in PPR's. also helps that Bolden runs like he's stuck in mud and Blount is 1 dimensional.

Dion Lewis will be the pickup of the year. Mark it down. Just happened to be prior to week 1. Well for savvy owners at least. Be happy if he's sitting on your wires.
:shrug: I marked it down so I could return later. He had a decent run but not pickup of the year. He did better than I thought he would but he also is what I thought he would be......injured and out at some point.
Really?

He averaged 17.5 ppg over the 7 games he played. Is there any rb that comes close to that #??

He got hurt. It was a non contact injury. I'm assuming that's the kind of injury you were fearing?

So yea when u find the other FA pickup who averaged 17.5 ppg or 1st rd production over 7 weeks... Please let us know this mystery man.

Btw, I've made plenty of bad calls but you choose to call me out on my best call of the year?? Haha. You're a swift one I'll say that.

So yea when u find the other FA pickup who averaged 17.5 ppg or 1st rd production over 7 weeks... Please let us know this mystery man.

Btw, I've made plenty of bad calls but you choose to call me out on my best call of the year?? Haha. You're a swift one I'll say that.
I don't feel like that was "your call", it was simply a player bandwagon you decided to join. Im also not calling you out, Im just responding to a post you made. Had he averaged 17.5ppg over the entire season I would have replied and gave you kudos for buying a ticket on that bandwagon. The season isn't over and while 17.5 ppg is nice for 7 weeks that is less than half the fantasy season when you add in playoffs. Its just not enough to get excited about.

I don't feel like that was "your call", it was simply a player bandwagon you decided to join. Im also not calling you out, Im just responding to a post you made. Had he averaged 17.5ppg over the entire season I would have replied and gave you kudos for buying a ticket on that bandwagon. The season isn't over and while 17.5 ppg is nice for 7 weeks that is less than half the fantasy season when you add in playoffs. Its just not enough to get excited about.
Umm I picked him up BEFORE the season started on the preseason wire. On ALL 6 of my teams. Spending over 30% in 1 league where I needed the help. I know I know it was all luck. Yada yada yada

At least be fair. Is that too much to ask?

Perhaps it is for u. But yea there won't be another rb to average 17.5 ppg over 7 week stretch. So he was, is, and will be the best waiver pickup of the year. And probably not close.

Next.

I am starting to feel good about my team. I am currently the 2nd seed by about 60 points with one week to go before the league playoffs. Top seed has been decimated by injuries that have occurred in the last couple of weeks. I just hope Matt Forte recovers soon.

STARTERS

QB Ryan, Matt ATL

RB Freeman, Devonta ATL

RB Gurley, Todd

WR Johnson, Calvin DET

WR Hopkins, DeAndre HOU

FLEX West, Charcandrick KC

FLEX Walker, Delanie TEN

TE Bennett, Martellus CHI

PK Santos, Cairo KC

DST Team Defense, KC

BENCH

QB Smith, Alex KC

QB Cutler, Jay CHI

RB Forte, Matt CHI

RB Sims, Charles TB

RB Riddick, Theo DET

RB Johnson, Duke CLE

WR Floyd, Michael ARI

WR Inman, Dontrelle SD

WR Washington, Nate

TE Cook, Jared STL

Both my teams are going to make the playoffs I think. One has best record and highest points and the other is going to make it on points as either the #1 point scoring team or #2.

Boom.

I am starting to feel good about my team. I am currently the 2nd seed by about 60 points with one week to go before the league playoffs. Top seed has been decimated by injuries that have occurred in the last couple of weeks. I just hope Matt Forte recovers soon.

STARTERS

QB Ryan, Matt ATL

RB Freeman, Devonta ATL

RB Gurley, Todd

WR Johnson, Calvin DET

WR Hopkins, DeAndre HOU

FLEX Walker, Delanie TEN

PK Santos, Cairo KC

DST Team Defense, KC

BENCH

QB Smith, Alex KC

QB Cutler, Jay CHI

RB Forte, Matt CHI

RB Sims, Charles TB

RB Riddick, Theo DET

RB Johnson, Duke CLE

WR Floyd, Michael ARI

WR Inman, Dontrelle SD

WR Washington, Nate

TE Cook, Jared STL
I believe you have a Monster here sir.

Don't really see a weakness and you are loaded with upside.

Very well done.

Both my teams are going to make the playoffs I think. One has best record and highest points and the other is going to make it on points as either the #1 point scoring team or #2.

Boom.
Very well done Scientist.

Congratulations!
Thanks! Ended up #1 Record and #1 Points in one league and #1 points in another. Probably the best fantasy season I have had in my 20 years of playing fantasy. So far luck has been on my side this year and thats half the battle. :shrug:

STARTERS

QB Ryan, Matt ATL

RB Freeman, Devonta ATL

RB Gurley, Todd

WR Johnson, Calvin DET

WR Hopkins, DeAndre HOU

FLEX Walker, Delanie TEN

PK Santos, Cairo KC

DST Team Defense, KC

BENCH

QB Smith, Alex KC

QB Cutler, Jay CHI

RB Forte, Matt CHI

RB Sims, Charles TB

RB Riddick, Theo DET

RB Johnson, Duke CLE

WR Floyd, Michael ARI

WR Inman, Dontrelle SD

WR Washington, Nate

TE Cook, Jared STL

Very well done.
Thank you for your reply. With West and Freeman joining the NFL's M*A*S*H unit I am worried that my team is one more injury away from joining the "I Missed It By This Much" Club

STARTERS

QB Ryan, Matt ATL

RB Freeman, Devonta ATL

RB Gurley, Todd

WR Johnson, Calvin DET

WR Hopkins, DeAndre HOU

FLEX Walker, Delanie TEN

PK Santos, Cairo KC

DST Team Defense, KC

BENCH

QB Smith, Alex KC

QB Cutler, Jay CHI

RB Forte, Matt CHI

RB Sims, Charles TB

RB Riddick, Theo DET

RB Johnson, Duke CLE

WR Floyd, Michael ARI

WR Inman, Dontrelle SD

WR Washington, Nate

TE Cook, Jared STL

Very well done.
Thank you for your reply. With West and Freeman joining the NFL's M*A*S*H unit I am worried that my team is one more injury away from joining the "I Missed It By This Much" Club
Yea this team is pretty ridiculous. I thought my Gurley/Freeman team was good until I saw this haha. West hurts but Forte/Riddick are pretty much auto flexes moving fwd. assuming Freeman should be fine by week 14. Good luck

Team #1 - Finished #1 record, and #1 in points.

Tony Romo (DAL) R
Russell Wilson (SEA)

Devonta Freeman (ATL)
Jonathan Stewart (CAR)
Thomas Rawls (SEA)
Giovani Bernard (CIN) R
Ronnie Hillman (DEN)
Jeremy Hill (CIN) R
Ryan Mathews (PHI) R

Odell Beckham (NYG) R
Brandin Cooks (NO) R
Mike Wallace (MIN) R
Nelson Agholor (PHI) R
Dorial Green-Beckham (TEN)
Andre Johnson (IND)

Vernon Davis (DEN) R
Jordan Reed (WAS)

Robbie Gould (CHI) R
Dan Bailey (DAL)

CAR Team Defense (CAR
I like this one better than team 2 (bet you do too with Rawls performance yesterday).

Take a look at Rawls's Champ Round schedule.

Think this one will be in the conversation when the dust settles.

Well done getting to the champ rounds. Think I'm going to have to win my way in unless Brady and Clay hit 45+ tonight.

Tony Romo (DAL) R

Russell Wilson (SEA)

Devonta Freeman (ATL)

Jonathan Stewart (CAR)

Thomas Rawls (SEA)

Giovani Bernard (CIN) R

Ronnie Hillman (DEN)

Jeremy Hill (CIN) R

Ryan Mathews (PHI) R

Odell Beckham (NYG) R

Brandin Cooks (NO) R

Mike Wallace (MIN) R

Nelson Agholor (PHI) R

Andre Johnson (IND)

Vernon Davis (DEN) R

Jordan Reed (WAS)

Robbie Gould (CHI) R

Dan Bailey (DAL)

CAR Team Defense (CAR
I like this one better than team 2 (bet you do too with Rawls performance yesterday).

Well done getting to the champ rounds. Think I'm going to have to win my way in unless Brady and Clay hit 45+ tonight.
I don't think it even comes close to winning. My obvious annoyance by scientist aside, this squad has 2 WR's, average qbs and 1 TE worth starting. I also don't believe u can win this starting 4 rbs. Unless you have 4 monsters which this team does not.

I do prefer it to the other also. That's pretty obvious I think.

Tony Romo (DAL) R

Russell Wilson (SEA)

Devonta Freeman (ATL)

Jonathan Stewart (CAR)

Thomas Rawls (SEA)

Giovani Bernard (CIN) R

Ronnie Hillman (DEN)

Jeremy Hill (CIN) R

Ryan Mathews (PHI) R

Odell Beckham (NYG) R

Brandin Cooks (NO) R

Mike Wallace (MIN) R

Nelson Agholor (PHI) R

Andre Johnson (IND)

Vernon Davis (DEN) R

Jordan Reed (WAS)

Robbie Gould (CHI) R

Dan Bailey (DAL)

CAR Team Defense (CAR

I don't think it even comes close to winning. My obvious annoyance by scientist aside, this squad has 2 WR's, average qbs and 1 TE worth starting. I also don't believe u can win this starting 4 rbs. Unless you have 4 monsters which this team does not.

I do prefer it to the other also. That's pretty obvious I think.
Haters gonna hate. I had steve smith on that team but RIP to that guy. I would agree that the team probably won't win as there is only a less than .1% chance of any one team winning. Winning it all is much like winning the lotto.....probably never going to happen.

Regardless..... having only 2 entry's and being #1 scoring team in both leagues is pretty good imo.

Out of curiosity.... how many leagues are you in and of those leagues what percentage are the top scoring team after week 11? Im 2 for 2 this year.

I'm not a hater for not thinking you have a championship team. I'm a realist.

And your last question is absurd and completely league dependent. I'm in leagues where I scored nice and nowhere near the top. And other leagues with lower totals and I'm in better shape relative to the rest of the league. what were your total pts for each? That would be the true indicator.

I had 6 teams , 2 likely in, 1 as the 2 seed.

And I think the 2 is better then both your teams to be honest. On par with this other Gurley/Freeman team above. But that's why we play the games.

And your last question is absurd and completely league dependent. I'm in leagues where I scored nice and nowhere near the top. And other leagues with lower totals and I'm in better shape relative to the rest of the league. what were your total pts for each? That would be the true indicator.

And I think the 2 is better then both your teams to be honest. On par with this other Gurley/Freeman team above. But that's why we play the games.
nothing but excuses from you.

You don't understand that logic? Really?

What was the pt total of team 2? You don't have any pats/bills on it.

You don't understand that logic?Really?

What was the pt total of team 2? You don't have any pats/bills on it.
I would tell but then you could figure out my true identity. My Team 2 has Gronk and Buff D.

Good luck to you sir. Let the us both share some good Fantasy Football Karma.

Poor year for me so far. 5/14 made it in for me in FBG (3 are 1 or 2 seeds w auto bid for lottery), 2/2 main event teams made playoffs.

Playoffs!

Congratulations to all with teams in your league playoffs. I think Jeter said in an interview once that the best teams make the playoffs, but it's the hottest teams that win. Good luck!

I am lucky enough that I have 3 of 3 in the playoffs. Unfortunately my top team (finishing 6th overall in the regular season) is in tough shape having lost Foster, Lewis, Edelman and not sure about Forte, Hurns and Brady (now that he's lost so many weapons). But hey, anything can happen. Right?

I beat Coots in one of the leagues for the championship....this team of mine is a top 300 team going into the big weeks....I also have another team that was a top 2 seed but lost in the semi finals last week....here are the teams

Championship team that just beat Coots:

Qb: Brady; Stafford; Hasselbeck

Rb: Ingram; DeAngelo Williams; Alfred Morris (I had Foster and Bell and Chris Johnson on this team too in the past)

WR: Fitz; Marshall; Travis Benjamin; Lafell; Tyler Lockett

TE: Julius Thomas; Jacob Tamme; Larry Donnell; Zach Miller; Jared Cook

D: GB; Bills; St Louis

K: Hauschka

2nd team that is in the running in the final 3 weeks:

Qb: Peyton M; Dalton; Cousins; McCown; TJ Yates

Rb: Doug Martin; Todd Gurley

WR: AJ Green; Emmanuel Sanders; Marshall; James Jones; Malcolm Floyd; Cecil Shorts

TE: Jordan Reed; Owen Daniels; Garrett Celek; Charles Clay

D: Sea; KC

K: Crosby

I asked this in anothe thread.. but just was curious, if anyone knew a way to view the championship round teams based on % starting?

Well, the year ended up being a failure for me for the FBG Players Championship as I took a bad beating. Ill have to re-evaluate my strategies in the offseason to see what I did wrong after having three consecutive very successful years prior to this one. Strangely enough, I did quite well in some of the competitor tournaments and won back what I lost here so Ill have a lot of offseason homework to do.

Anyone going to try for the playoff tournament?

Users who are viewing this thread