What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*--* 2015 Seattle Seahawks Thread *--* (1 Viewer)

biju said:
No posts about Bobby's new contract? I'm pumped! The core of players who will be here for the next 3 years is just stunning...

Russell Wilson

Marshawn Lynch

Jimmy Graham

Earl Thomas

Richard Sherman

Kam Chancellor

K.J. Wright

Michael Bennett

Cliff Avril

and now Bobby Wagner. That's 10 players will big roles on the team. It's a good time for Seahawks fans...
Is it a given that Lynch will remain on the team after this season? His cap hit is pretty hefty in 2016 and 2017. I assume he will probably play 2016 under the contract, but 2017 seems questionable -- he will be 31 with a cap hit of $12.5M and just $2.5M in dead cap money if traded/released.

Having said that, agree that is a great core group. Not sure any other team can match it.
Not a given. I actually consider it about 50/50 he's on the team in 2016.

Before people start saying that Seattle's offense will take a nosedive without Lynch, I caution them to ask themselves what they thought of Marshawn Lynch pre-2012 (Wilson's rookie year).

Starting to get jacked about the season. Hoping that we have limited injuries as that is the only thing standing in the way of going to the SB. I think the offense is finally going to be as good as the defense.

So happy that Wagner got his contract. Now Kam needs to get his ### into camp...sorry bro the bank account is empty, you aren't getting anymore money.

ETA: GB may stand in the way, we will know more week 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
In other random good news.... I think ESPN fired Terry Blount so we don't have to deal with a Mike Florio wannabe throwing around his wild guesses like they're facts in stories. Noticed that Mike Sando has been the ESPN reporter the past few days throwing out stories in the NFC West blog.

In other random good news.... I think ESPN fired Terry Blount so we don't have to deal with a Mike Florio wannabe throwing around his wild guesses like they're facts in stories. Noticed that Mike Sando has been the ESPN reporter the past few days throwing out stories in the NFC West blog.
Actually, Blount got a promotion. He was named the VP of the National Hot Rod Association because he was never a football reporter--he came up through Nascar. I hope he's good at that, because he was a terrible reporter for football. If I had to sit through one more of his top 10 lists I would have needed restraint.

Never been a Carroll guy but I appreciate that he seems fairly respectful to those around him and doesn't try to make them look stupid.

I am so happy for them drafting Lockett. Dude has a great work effort from what I read. 2 Td's in three games is pretty sweet, he said it means nothing because he hasn't done it in a real game.

Saying all of the right things.

Clark is the best looking rookie DE I've seen in Seattle since Bryant and Green in the early 80s. Holy #### is that guy disruptive play after play.

It's terrifying to think this might be the best defense we've had the past few years. C'mon Kam, come back!

Out of town so didn't get to see the game but Lockett continues to amaze. Agreed on all the Clark talk, he has been blowing OL's up. Shaping up to be another great draft.

Welcome to the Seattle, Fred Jackson. :thumbup:

Will be interesting to see what this means for the rest of that position group.

Turbin waived! Yessssss!
Not sure why u are excited. Michale is a dip ####. Rawls is much better, Jackson got picked up as a third down blocker. I am drunk, so break it down like I am someone's daughter.
Turbin is average at best, Michael is getting traded. We are keeping Rawls on the 53. Jackson is better than Turbin. I never liked him as a player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turbin waived! Yessssss!
Not sure why u are excited. Michale is a dip ####. Rawls is much better, Jackson got picked up as a third down blocker. I am drunk, so break it down like I am someone's daughter.
Turbin is average at best, Michael is getting traded. We are keeping Rawls on the 53. Jackson is better than Turbin. I never liked him as a player.
I only care about Rawls, he's a baby Lynch.

Turbin waived! Yessssss!
I only care about Rawls, he's a baby Lynch.
He reminds me of Ahmad Bradshaw.

He came back midweek to continue to make a statement knowing he wouldn't play this weekend but he'll still get paid. Still, I welcome him back. We need his presence in the middle or teams will continue to do those dump-offs over the middle without the consequences.

Part of me does wonder if this is because Shead looked good filling in for him...

Now only if they could welcome back Jimmy Graham to the team... :wall:
Meh, I don't see that as anything other than situation and Russell not completely knowing when Jimmy is "open". He's different in that he can be covered but still open and Wilson hasn't had a WR like that before. Perhaps the closest was Golden Tate, and knowing what we know now he was probably misused here too.

It was one game. Further, they had the lead and momentum in the second half doing what they were doing on the road in Lambeau. If you had know this before the game I think you would have been thrilled.

It was one game. Further, they had the lead and momentum in the second half doing what they were doing on the road in Lambeau. If you had know this before the game I think you would have been thrilled.
My grumpiness with that game is more about why it appeared we took our foot off the pedal a little in the 4th. It looked like to me like we were playing a little more "not to lose" which is never a good thing. Bevell got more conservative and we started playing back a bit on defense. The offense needs to play like we're 14 points down every drive--that's where we look our best. I'm also not too convinced Kris Richard is the guy although it was game 2 for him.

Welcome back Kam.
I didn't see a Kam Chancellor thread so I thought I'd chime in here. How dumb is this guy? Is his agent just as stupid or did Kam go against counsel and hold out on his own with no leverage, hurting the team and his wallet?I hate to say it but if he plays week 4 I see a leg injury for him. Should've been there all along.

Not sure of any of you are watching the NFL Channel show Undrafted, but George Farmer is featured in it.

Seahawks brought him in and switched him to CB, pretty cool story. What's to lose? Premium athlete, good genes, seems like a hard worker. Ran a 4.3 at his pro day. :shrug:

On Graham, I am not really surprised it has taken a few games to work him into the rotation and make him a focus. This offense has looked rather lethargic thus far but it's a unit that has some line issues and new parts to include in the offense. If the line gels, this offense will get better each and every week. Not worried, especially with the way Rawls looked.

On Graham, I am not really surprised it has taken a few games to work him into the rotation and make him a focus. This offense has looked rather lethargic thus far but it's a unit that has some line issues and new parts to include in the offense. If the line gels, this offense will get better each and every week. Not worried, especially with the way Rawls looked.
I wish we would just split him out wide.

I wish we would just split him out wide.
That was tough to do last week with Willson being deactivated and only Helfet as the other inline blocker. But when Willson comes back I think you're on to something there.

Is there any local info or expectations on Lynch for the rest of the year, are you guys expecting him to return to health, or are you thinking Rawls might be in play through the stretch? Thanks.

Is there any local info or expectations on Lynch for the rest of the year, are you guys expecting him to return to health, or are you thinking Rawls might be in play through the stretch? Thanks.
Nobody locally knows much of anything about it. Just a guess but I think he is back against the Bengals. They are getting him time to heal on what would have been a short week. No need to have him play against the lions...they suck.

Users who are viewing this thread