What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Chicago Bears Thread (3 Viewers)

At this time before the season is over and before the combine I would actually prefer the Bears just take the best player on the board in the first round and then take the best QB available in the second round.

It's a difficult approach.  I don't think is that simple.  If you don't think a player is a franchise qb in the top 5, then that doesn't make him a franchise qb in the second round either.   If Pace sees a guy as a franchise qb,  then you take him in the first.   I don't see him saying he'll just take the best remaining qb in the second. 

So, at 15m cap (and real money) to keep, 2m cap hit to trade/cut (nothing guaranteed until week 1 when normal vet rules apply) is Cutler staying or going?

So, at 15m cap (and real money) to keep, 2m cap hit to trade/cut (nothing guaranteed until week 1 when normal vet rules apply) is Cutler staying or going?
Get him outta there. Give Barkley a shot. He at least spreads the ball around instead of simply locking on the #1 WR.

ESPN and NFL Network reporting the Bears are not expected to fire John Fox.

And that'll do it for me.  30 years of following this team and I'm done.  See ya Bears! 

No chance Bears go into next season with Barkley being the top option. 
He's no different than any of the QBs coming out. If you recall, he was projected to be the #1 just like Trubisky is right now (in some draft projections). Certainly the #1 QB picked. He went back to school and his stock plummeted. What says Trubisky isn't the exact same thing. It's not like he has 3-4 years of solid production at the college level. The other guys are not even projected to be as good as him. He's not playing bad at all for a guy with a handful of starts, other than last week's 5 INT disaster. What QB hasn't had one of those? Winston started off his career with a 4 INT disaster.

It's stupid to pick a guy in the top 5 that has a good chance at being no different than the guy you have AND payig him a lot more #. Picking a QB in the 1st in most years is like picking lotto numbers.

There are worse options than Barkley as a bridge QB and long term # 2.   Bring him back on a 1 or 2 year deal, maybe with options.   Use the first round pick on a stud defensive player - there is good depth at CB and this may be a year when it might be acceptable to trade down.   More draft picks via a trade down is a good thing in a re-build.   Pick a QB  in rounds 2-4, and again next year.

But the key is DO NOT let the Bears pick in the Top 10 - it will be a wasted pick....

What coaches will be available to possibly bring in as OC?    I think Vic Fangio has done well with the defense and expect that to improve even more next year, but the Bears have no luck what so ever with the OC.    

Been reported multiple places that Fangio isn't happy with Fox.  Fangio will leave.  Bears keep Fox and loggains.  Mark it down.  It's the Bears way.  Done with this pos franchise. 

There are worse options than Barkley as a bridge QB and long term # 2.   Bring him back on a 1 or 2 year deal, maybe with options.   Use the first round pick on a stud defensive player - there is good depth at CB and this may be a year when it might be acceptable to trade down.   More draft picks via a trade down is a good thing in a re-build.   Pick a QB  in rounds 2-4, and again next year.

But the key is DO NOT let the Bears pick in the Top 10 - it will be a wasted pick....

What coaches will be available to possibly bring in as OC?    I think Vic Fangio has done well with the defense and expect that to improve even more next year, but the Bears have no luck what so ever with the OC.    
Tyrod Taylor far better than Barkley. 

At this time before the season is over and before the combine I would actually prefer the Bears just take the best player on the board in the first round and then take the best QB available in the second round.
I am with this too. Best available. Which means not any of the quarterbacks in the top 3. If you can get one later like maybe in the second, fine. Just don't compound the mistake by passing on high level talent. 

He's no different than any of the QBs coming out. If you recall, he was projected to be the #1 just like Trubisky is right now (in some draft projections). Certainly the #1 QB picked. He went back to school and his stock plummeted. What says Trubisky isn't the exact same thing. It's not like he has 3-4 years of solid production at the college level. The other guys are not even projected to be as good as him. He's not playing bad at all for a guy with a handful of starts, other than last week's 5 INT disaster. What QB hasn't had one of those? Winston started off his career with a 4 INT disaster.

It's stupid to pick a guy in the top 5 that has a good chance at being no different than the guy you have AND payig him a lot more #. Picking a QB in the 1st in most years is like picking lotto numbers.
Exactly. Nailed it. 

I am with this too. Best available. Which means not any of the quarterbacks in the top 3. If you can get one later like maybe in the second, fine. Just don't compound the mistake by passing on high level talent. 
Pace could see it very differently.  If he takes qb top 3, I'll believe he's worth it. 

#Bears GM Ryan Pace on team radio pregame show: "I think John (Fox) has done a good job of leading our team & assisting (our) development."

Pathetic.  Terrible in all 3 phases again.  Yeah go ahead and bring back Fox,  Pace.  And find yourself out of a job next year. 

If Fox is back,  Fangio won't be.  He's obviously disgusted by this entire season.  Also if Fox is back,  Pace will probably be gone after next season as well due to another blown year. 

ESPN and NFL Network reporting the Bears are not expected to fire John Fox.

And that'll do it for me.  30 years of following this team and I'm done.  See ya Bears! 
Are you just going to keep saying this or are you actually going to do it?  Nothing wrong with being upset and wanting more but if you're going to say you're done with a team then just do it,  go find another team.

Users who are viewing this thread