What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 FBG Playoff League 1 - Week 1 (1 Viewer)

Here's the order for declaring keepers and choosing draft positions.

Bass 151.8

Drunken Slob 105.8

Bro1ncos 96.8

Go DC 95.6

BSS 78.4

FUBAR 76.2

Stinkin Ref 75.3

Crippler/Duckboy 62.4

Some reminders...

1. Top 4 week 1/2 scores combined advance to next week. Lowest 4 are eliminated. All scores a dropped next week. We re-draft with two keepers.

2. Keepers cost you a 7th round pick and then an 8th round pick. You can keep 0 or 1 or 2 players.

3. All players on your roster count towards your score.

4. 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D / 1 K / 1 Flex (RB or WR or TE or QB*) Note that a second QB may only be drafted from the same team as your first QB selected. That means only the Manning or has the option of Osweiler and only the Big Ben owner has the option of Landry)

5. Draft will start on Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tiebreakers for the cuts to 4 and 2 teams.

1. Most roster slots that were on a winning team that week. Basically whoever has the most eligible keepers for the next week.

2. Highest score this week (only applies to the cut from 8 to 4)

3. Highest combined score of your QBs/RBs/WRs/TEs

4. Highest combined score of your RBs/WRs/TEs

5 Highest combined score of your WRs/TEs

6. Coin flip

Draft Postion / Keeper 1 / Keeper 2

1. Bass N Brew / Baldwin / Kelce

2. Drunken Slob / Albert Wilson

7. Go DC/Lacey/Ware

8. bro1ncos

bicycle ss pm'ed

3. BSS/Kearse

7. Go DC/Lacey/Ware

8. bro1ncos

FUBAR pm'ed

3. bss/Kearse

7. Go DC/Lacey/Ware

8. bro1ncos

FUBAR pm'ed

3. bss/Kearse
4. FUBAR / RWilson / Lockett
7. Go DC/Lacey/Ware
8. bro1ncos

final list:

3. bss/Kearse
4. FUBAR / RWilson / Lockett
5. Stinkin Ref / Rodgers / Maclin
6. Duckboy
7. Go DC/Lacey/Ware
8. bro1ncos

Just a heads up. I have a very busy day tomorrow, but should be able to check in every couple hours. I will pre draft as needed.

Despite the keepers being put in rounds 7 and 8, they are still showing up as available to draft. At least Baldwin and Lacey, didn't check them all.

Well that worked out. Cam and Palmer were great picks but I'm happy to see Johnson fall as I already had Wilson.

Bro1ncos made an illegal pick. Draft has been reverted to 2.1.

Please note that when I revert the draft we loses the pre-drafts.

I put my 2nd round choices back in. Heading to an appointment soon, hopefully it won't last so long that it holds me up from drafting in the 3rd/4th.

Are you guys OK with me replacing Sushim with the other remaining kicker for Drunken Slob's team?
Really need some feedback on this guys. This was a pre-draft mistake but one made by DS. I would have fixed if if I caught it sooner. Two options here...

1. Leave it as is.

2. Change it to what it should have been.

Also, slob has agreed to take over that team for the duration.
he gets PIT PK.....

:boxing: :rant: Stop taking my players!

Had Edelman all queued up. Oh well.

2.03 WR Antonio Brown

Being this far behind, gotta take some chances. :banned:

Ref pm'd

2.03 WR Antonio Brown

Ref pm'd
Dang, was hoping people would take a different approach and he would slide to me as I can afford the donut. Of course if he doesn't play the chances of Pitt advancing drop a good bit.

thought about taking Brown as well if he made it back....was just going to swing for fences with him and Maclin

BassNBrew said:
Duckboy said:

2.03 WR Antonio Brown

Ref pm'd
Dang, was hoping people would take a different approach and he would slide to me as I can afford the donut. Of course if he doesn't play the chances of Pitt advancing drop a good bit.
I can't afford the donut either, but being 30 pts down, can't likely afford too many 10s either.

Hate drafting on the ends. Looks like Big Ben is Mr. Irrelevant.

QB: Big Ben

RB: Lynch, Michael

WR: Baldwin, Brown, LaFel

TE: Gronk, Kelce

K: ?

D: ?

Debated on the 1.1 or 1.2 slot. Fortunately a great week 1 showing allowed me to focus on next week which meant securing difference makers at keepers. David Johnson and Gronk were the only two options being head and shoulders above their peers. Unfortunately keeping Kelce meant that Gronk would suck up the flex position. The upside is that one of them will advance and be one of the best keepers for the next round.

The run on QBs really surprised me and Brown fell to 2.8. I figured I would get stuck with Manning or Big Ben. Without the flex spot getting stuck with Ben and no backup was a risk, but I figured a 73 point lead over 5th place was probably enough to absurd a zero or two. Lynch seemed like the next viable keeper at 3.1 although Brown was on my radar.

After Smith went, the turn was about filling out the remaining RB and WR slot. Michael gives me some protection against lynch sitting. LaFell hedges Gronk to an extent. Was hoping for Denver D to pair against Landry if Ben sits.

If Carolina beats Seattle and Ari gets upset I could be short a keeper which would hurt going into the round of 4. One of the reasons I didn't target a QB early is that I figured they would be worthless next round. They'll all project in the 18-22 point range except if Smith at Denver. RB/WR/TE will be much more valuable.

When I input picks for my next pick, Round 9, it saves them as picks for Round 7, where I already have a keeper. So I deleted them and won't reenter until at least after we get past my pick in Round 8.

:shrug: who needs a TE? Waited a bit too long here.

Going with Steven Jackson over heath miller might have been a bad choice.

If dwill plays, I chose poorly

QB: Big Ben 16

RB: Lynch 10, Michael 4

WR: Baldwin 14, Brown 13, LaFell 8

TE: Gronk 23, Kelce 19

K: Cantanzo 9

D: Pitt 9

total expected points = 125

Seems high to me.

We're looking at around 115, so a decent week but we'll need more to catch 4th.

Wilson, Russell SEA QB

Jackson, Steven NEP RB

Johnson, David ARI RB

Conley, Chris KCC WR

Floyd, Michael ARI WR

Ginn Jr., Ted CAR WR

Lockett, Tyler SEA WR

Dickson, Ed CAR TE

McManus, Brandon DEN PK

Broncos, Denver DEN Def

If Maclin is limited, Conley should step up. But I'll need the big game (sea/car) to be high scoring.

Users who are viewing this thread