What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 FBG Playoff League 1 - Week 1 (1 Viewer)

Bass N Brew 151.8 113.3 265.1

Go DC Yourself 95.6 119.8 215.4

Bicycle Seat Sniffer 78.4 124.7 203.1

FUBAR 76.2 125.8 202.0

Drunken Slob 105.8 88.5 194.3

Bro1ncos 96.8 90.6 187.4

Stinkin Ref 75.3 88.0 163.3

Crippler / Duckboy 62.4 82.4 144.8

Average 92.8 104.1 196.9

Draft would be serpentine. WC weekend all draft spots would be picked randomly, but after that, teams would choose which spot they want - that order would be based on the prior week's scoring (so the high scorer would choose their slot first, etc.).
So is the draft/selection order fubar, BSS, go DC, bass?

Last edited by a moderator:
If "prior week's scoring," and not the cumulative two weeks, then we are set at

1. BSS Palmer/Fitzgerald

2. FUBAR DJohnson/Floyd

3. GoDC Olsen/Amendola

4. Bass Gronk/Brown

If "prior week's scoring," and not the cumulative two weeks, then we are set at

1. BSS Palmer/Fitzgerald

2. FUBAR DJohnson/Floyd

3. GoDC Olsen/Amendola

4. Bass Gronk/Brown
We could argue the interpretation, but I think it's fairly clear:

Draft would be serpentine. WC weekend all draft spots would be picked randomly, but after that, teams would choose which spot they want - that order would be based on the prior week's scoring (so the high scorer would choose their slot first, etc.).

So after week 1, the top scorer will announce their keepers and their week 2 draft position. The 2nd high scorer will announce keepers and draft position next. Rinse and repeat.

Works for me.

I'll probably set up a new site this evening on mfl.
FWIW, I think you're in a good spot anyway.

I can lock in my pick already. Wasn't sure which of the two I'd take, but with the 1.01 having Palmer, I guess I get my choice.

I picked julian edelman but the site kind of flaked. I cant mfl from work.
I can't get it to work either.

says "It's your turn to draft!"

then I draft Cam Newton

then the site shows "It's not your turn to draft"

:confused:

someone was able to get BSS Edelman though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why the site was messing up. I reverted the draft and dropped Edelman then made the draft picks without an issue.

Sorry gents. Internet went out at home just as I hit the draft button. Had 1/2 hr trip to the office to make my picks.

Went back and forth for a while between taking Cam or D Thomas at the 1.02. Figured if I took Cam, I'd probably end up with someone like Tolbert/Dickson/Ellington as my flex, but I think I like Cam/Dickson better than Peyton/DT. I could be wrong to have more confidence in these two, but that says a lot about how I perceive Peyton at this point.

Yuck. I see it as...

BSS

FUBAR

DC

BnB

Once I knew I was stuck with Manning, DT and Sanders became a no brainer.

Yuck. I see it as...

BSS

FUBAR

DC

BnB

All in on Denver! :excited:

(I hope you're right of course)

my concern will be (if I get into the finals) if NE and CAR play - which is my prediction, my keepers end up being Cam (not bad but the other team automatically gets Tom) and either Funchess or Keyshawn Martin. Not exactly top keepers. meanwhile, DC has Stew/Olsen, you have Gronk/Lafell, BSS has Edelman/Ginn. Now, it probably won't play out like that but it's my prediction. My best hope for success next round is AZ to advance - but I'll be pulling hard against them.

FUBAR said:
my concern will be (if I get into the finals) if NE and CAR play - which is my prediction, my keepers end up being Cam (not bad but the other team automatically gets Tom)
If the first place team keeps a QB, the second place team will know not to keep one. That will give an advantage to the second place team. So maybe the first place team should get to choose if it wants to announce keepers/pick position first or second?

FUBAR said:
my concern will be (if I get into the finals) if NE and CAR play - which is my prediction, my keepers end up being Cam (not bad but the other team automatically gets Tom)
If the first place team keeps a QB, the second place team will know not to keep one. That will give an advantage to the second place team. So maybe the first place team should get to choose if it wants to announce keepers/pick position first or second?
are we drafting again before the superbowl?

FUBAR said:
are we drafting again before the superbowl?
:yes: same as this week except with two teams. makes for a very quick draft.

FUBAR said:
It should be pretty obvious who will be kept so I don't think it will be an issue. Getting to pick draft position first is a huge advantage. It netted me Gronk last round and doomed me to Manning this round

FUBAR said:
BassNBrew said:
Yuck. I see it as...

BSS

FUBAR

DC

BnB

All in on Denver! :excited:

(I hope you're right of course)

my concern will be (if I get into the finals) if NE and CAR play - which is my prediction, my keepers end up being Cam (not bad but the other team automatically gets Tom) and either Funchess or Keyshawn Martin. Not exactly top keepers. meanwhile, DC has Stew/Olsen, you have Gronk/Lafell, BSS has Edelman/Ginn. Now, it probably won't play out like that but it's my prediction. My best hope for success next round is AZ to advance - but I'll be pulling hard against them.
I covered myself either way with Gronk/Lafell and DT/Sanders. That said, I'm way to weighted to heavy to the game that will be low scoring. Not many options as the entire Arizona offense was kept and outside of Cam the rest of the Carolina team is a crap shoot.

:D

Love me some cam. :wub:

DC has slightly better keepers, maybe. Gotta assume he'll keep Olsen and stew, pretty sure I'll keep cam and CJA.

:D

Love me some cam. :wub:

DC has slightly better keepers, maybe. Gotta assume he'll keep Olsen and stew, pretty sure I'll keep cam and CJA.
I'll keep Can and Anderson and take the first pick.

1. FUBAR Newton / Anderson

2. Go DC

Users who are viewing this thread