What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

I've done one...  Players moved up a lot, Evans number 7 over Hopkins and Robinson..  Tell me what you think.. I have the upside needed to win big, maybe find one RB on waiver wire at some time..

Brees, Fitzpatrick

D. Johnson, Gore, M. Jones, Crowell, Sproles, DJ Foster

Marshall, D. Thomas, Tate, Gordon, Parker, Patton, D. Adams

Fleener, Walford, ASJ

Seattle, Gostkowski
That one more RB is exactly what you need Coots..  Jones might be the key though if he's healthy and performs like the Skins think he will by letting Morris go.. Nice team and good fortune to you man..

ok, last one. From the 4th spot. I think I did much better, waited on QB and went ahead and snagged Brady in the 10th.

QB: T Brady (10), K Cousins (15)

RB: A Peterson (2), J Langford (4), A Abdullah (6), F Gore (8), J McKinnon (13), A Ellington (18)

WR: J Jones (1), S Watkins (3), A Hurns (5), D Funchess (9), S Coates (12), N Agholor (14), R Woods (16)

TE: A Gates (7), E Ebron (11), J Tamme (17)

PK: C Santos (20)

TD: NYJ (19)

Really wanted Fitzgerald in the 5th but someone snagged him just before me, went with Hurns.
Langford and Abdullah way too early.. Could of waited on them and got better TE's or WR..

Last draft of the season in FBG for me.. It's a sad day..

9 hole

Fitz, TBD by the wire

Bell, Rawls, Foster, James White, Booker, Dion Lewis, Charcandrick West

Hopkins, Watkins, Sheppard, Gordon, Tajae, Boyd

Miller, Graham, Green, ASJ

Walsh

G-MEN

Last one of the year for me from the 3 hole.  

QB: Palmer (11), Taylor (12), Osweiller (20 for week 1 matchup)

RB: Freeman (2), Gordon (7), Jennings (8), Yeldon (9), Kelley (14), Allen (16)

WR: Brown (1), Watkins (3), Fitzgerald (5), R. Matthews (10), Dorsett (13), T. Williams (18)

TE: Kielce (4), Thomas (6), Cameron (17)

PK: Who cares (19)

TD: Houston (15)

As it happens, rate my team liked this one the best of all of my FBG teams.  We will see.  One more draft this year and it is the last Main event draft Saturday night.

Good luck to everyone this year.
Thought you were building a house and having twins Caesar and only were drafting one team this year? Now two more FBG teams and an Main Event team?  Not cuttin corners with cheaper materials for the house to do this are you? I work on million dollar plus homes and if you buy cheap you get cheap.. 

Getting Antonio at #3 must have gave you a chubby.. Would have gave me one..

All kidding aside if your RB's produce the team is solid man

i just drafted that sex outta the 4 hole

Rivers(11) Brock(19)

Forte(4) Hill(6) Henry(7) Ware (8) DeAndre Washington(10) Dion Lewis (15) Kelley(17) Charcandrick(20)

Hopkins(1) Cooper(2) Dtrain(3) Diggs(9) Dorsett(12) Coates(14) 

Walker(5) McDonald(13)

NE(16)

Hauschka(18)

i just drafted that sex outta the 4 hole

Rivers(11) Brock(19)

Forte(4) Hill(6) Henry(7) Ware (8) DeAndre Washington(10) Dion Lewis (15) Kelley(17) Charcandrick(20)

Hopkins(1) Cooper(2) Dtrain(3) Diggs(9) Dorsett(12) Coates(14) 

Walker(5) McDonald(13)

NE(16)

Hauschka(18)
Very nice team. Should do well

I've done one...  Players moved up a lot, Evans number 7 over Hopkins and Robinson..  Tell me what you think.. I have the upside needed to win big, maybe find one RB on waiver wire at some time..

Brees, Fitzpatrick

D. Johnson, Gore, M. Jones, Crowell, Sproles, DJ Foster

Marshall, D. Thomas, Tate, Gordon, Parker, Patton, D. Adams

Fleener, Walford, ASJ

Seattle, Gostkowski
I agree with what you already know.  Upside is there to go far, but you will most likely need to find another RB somewhere on the wire.  He may be on your team already.  I really like Crowell and Sproles for depth.  

Da Gildz said:
Doesn't look very strong if I'm honest.  Charles in the 4th may not be a value at this point.  Who even knows when he's going to play.  Then expecting Ware to fall to rd 9 now??  That's pretty wishful thinking if you ask me.  Heck he could be the back to own of the 2.  Looks like you reached for those TE's also. Those WR's past rd 9 are all bench fodder.   Would have went RB/TE over Wilson.  Still don't understand going QB early when u can get guys like Palmer/Bortles/Eli all 5-7 rds later.   Heck brees went rd 10 in my last one.  So much value at that position this year. 

GL tho
I think pretty solid.  wish you would have waited on QB though.   Heat od the moment, I know.

Anyone doing the main events this year? Curious if they have been very different from the regular FBG drafts?
They are mirroring each other pretty close.  With all the info out there, especially ADP I find not as many blunders.   Not like the old days.

Thought you were building a house and having twins Caesar and only were drafting one team this year? Now two more FBG teams and an Main Event team?  Not cuttin corners with cheaper materials for the house to do this are you? I work on million dollar plus homes and if you buy cheap you get cheap.. 

Getting Antonio at #3 must have gave you a chubby.. Would have gave me one..

All kidding aside if your RB's produce the team is solid man
Well, the main event team was a free entry from winning a Terminator league last year.  I didn't pay in for that one.  The FBG ones, well, I had to settle on a three pack and see if maybe this is the year I break through the FBG wall for me.  

I appreciate the feedback.  I got sniped on RB twice rounds 3-7, but it might turn out for the better.  I am really looking for Gordon to be what he was drafted to be this year.  I am not 100% sold on Freeman, but he has looked good.

As far as brown, I was actually tempted to take Odell because I got brown 1st on another team... while I was thinking about it, I timed out and Brown was top of the Queue.  But yes, very happy to get him there at 3, and hoping it happens again in my main event draft Saturday.  I have the 4 spot.  

Had the #1 pick tonight.  Went WR-WR-WR which turned out great, with Martin falling to the 4th.  

QB: Bortles (11), Dalton (14)

RB: D. Martin (4), Hyde (5), M. Gordon (6), D. Booker (12), C. West (15), Jonathan Williams (20)

WR: A. Brown (1), D. Thomas (2), A. Cooper (3), D. Parker (10), Michael Thomas (13), Charles Johnson (18)

TE:  Julius Thomas (7), Eifert (8), Martellus Bennett (9)

K:  Bailey (19)

D:  New England (16), Philadelphia (17)
Very nice team, especially getting Martin at 4.12. I had the 12 pick and took him at 3.12. It was very challenging drafting from the #12 spot this year. Whereas it seemed like a like of early and mid round value dropped for those with a top pick. I think it was a huge advantage to have #1 this year. Your team looks great all around. 

I wonder if that is the first time they have ever sold out all the way.  Prize increase next year???
They lowered the overall payout 50K this year and lowered the entries by 600 prolly due to the uncertainty of all the state court cases against fantasy sports..

I think it's pretty funny that it sold out so quick considering the lower payout and lower percentage payout (which is quite low compared to individual leagues) but these guys are first class from a customer service standpoint. 

O.K. Sharks,some opinions on this team from the 2 hole,thanks in advance:

QB- E.Manning

M.Stafford

RB- M.Ingram

L.Murray

G.Bernard

S.Ware

T.Coleman

T.Hightower

WR- O.Beckham Jr.

T.Y. Hilton

A.Hurns

R.Matthews

T.Ginn

K.Britt

TE- A.Gates

J.Witten

W.Tye

PK- S.Hauschka

A.Vinatieri

DEF- Kansa City

Had the 6th pick last night.  Seemed everyone I wanted went 1 or 2 picks before me. 

QB's: Bortles and Dalton

RB'S: Gurley, Forte, Bernard, Vereen, Ajayi and B. Cunningham

WR's: TY Hilton, Watkins, E. Sanders, K. White, Tavon Austin, Breshard Perriman

TE's: Kelce, Z. Miller, C. Gillmore

K: McManus

Def: KC, Pitt

Think my top end WR's are a little weak.  First 5 Picks went all WR's.  Really wanted Hopkins or AJ.

Last one...  Hit almost all my targets for each round, pretty happy with the overall team after starting with those recievers..

Taylor, Carr, Ryan

M. Gordon, R. Mathews, J. Hill, T. Riddick, J. White

A-Rob, Dez, DT, Moncrief, Funchess, R. Mathews, Patton, Kerley

Eifert, Z. Miller

Seattle, McManus

Last one for the season, from the 12 hole: Not crazy about the WRs but I think I have two decent starters each week. Probably going to be flexing TEs a bit.

Brees (7) Cousins (11)

Miller (1) McCoy (3) JStew (8) Ivory (10) Blount (12) Charcandrick (20)

K Allen (2) DJax (5) Crabtree (6) Funchess (9) Malcolm Mitchell (17) Cruz (18)

Kelce (4) Walford (13) Rudolph (14) Cameron (16)

LA (15)

Matt Bryant (19)

Last one...  Hit almost all my targets for each round, pretty happy with the overall team after starting with those recievers..

Taylor, Carr, Ryan

M. Gordon, R. Mathews, J. Hill, T. Riddick, J. White

A-Rob, Dez, DT, Moncrief, Funchess, R. Mathews, Patton, Kerley

Eifert, Z. Miller

Seattle, McManus
From what spot and what round di you get each at?

One and only main event team from the 1.

cam rg3

forte,Michael,sproles,west,Dixon ,Coleman.Ellington

brown,Jeffery,demaryius, Michael Thomas, Dorset, hogan

fleener,Eifert,cameron

vinatieri

la rams

i really like this team. Weird draft though. Wilson first qb taken in 5th. I got cam at 6/7 turn. Really wanted to wait at qb but he just kept falling

Here is my trio of teams that I will get excited about then ultimately injuries and underperformance will ravage and destroy my hopes:

Patrick's Pirates 1:

QB- Philip Rivers, Matthew Stafford

RB- LeSean McCoy, C.J. Anderson, Latavius Murray, Giovani Bernard, Shaun Draughn, C.J. Spiller

WR- Allen Robinson, Dez Bryant, Marvin Jones, Eli Rogers, Sammie Coates, Josh Gordon

TE- Jesse James, Jared Cook, Jordan Cameron, Austin Hooper

K- Cairo Santos

D- Denver Broncos

Patrick's Pirates 2:

QB- Carson Palmer

RB- Eddie Lacy, C.J. Anderson, Danny Woodhead, Tevin Coleman, Devontae Booker, Jerick McKinnon, Alfred Morris, Shaun Draughn, Jordan Howard

WR- A.J. Green, Eric Decker, Marvin Jones, Sterling Sheppard, Kenny Stills

TE- Jordan Reed, Jason Witten, Jesse James

K- Mason Crosby

D- Tennessee Titans

Patrick's Pirates 3:

QB- Eli Manning, Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB- Arian Foster, Chris Ivory, Isaiah Crowell, Jay Ajayi, Jerick McKinnon, Terrance West, Robert Kelley

WR- Keenan Allen, Michael Crabtree, DeVante Parker, Tajae Sharpe, Josh Gordon

TE- Jordan Reed, Greg Olsen, Coby Fleener, Josh Hill

K- Mason Crosby

D- Kansas City Chiefs

Good luck to everyone! Let's get this thing started. 

My final 3 for 2016, drafted Tuesday 8PM, Wednesday 7&10:

From 11:

Cousins/11, Carr/12

Elliot/1, Woodhead/5, Gio/6, Deangelo/8, Blount/13, Ch.West/15, Chr.Johnson/16

K.Allen/2, Cobb/3, Moncrief/4, Lockett/7, Michael Thomas/10, Tyr.Williams/17, Crowder/18

M.Bennett/9, J.James/14

Buccaneers/20, Crosby/19

From 6:

Brady/10, Cousins/13

Woodhead/5, Langford/6, Sims/9, Crowell/11, Dixon/12, Ch.West/16

Hopkins/1, M.Evans/2, Demaryius/3, Fitzgerald/4, DJax/7, Stills/15

Gates/8, J.James/14, H.Henry/18, L.Green/20

Packers/19, Hauschka/17

From 6:

Wilson/8, Cousins/13

Gurley/1, Gio/6, Woodhead/7, Powell/10, Dixon/14, DJ Foster/18

K.Allen/2, Cooks/3, Floyd/5, Shepard/9, Dorsett/11, Hogan/17, Tyr. Williams/19

Olsen/4, Graham/12, Walford/15

Vikings/16, Prater/20

Good Luck, and Godspeed, fellas!

I just grabbed him in the 3rd in the main event so price definitely went up but after what he showed vs Denver I am fine with him at that value

Last edited by a moderator:
You paid WAY too much of a price IMO...  He will be extremely volatile I believe...  I think there is a lot of 7 point weeks ahead

I completely disagree on Benjamin but we will see (friendly wager that he is a top 16 WR in PPR by year-end which is where I got him). Carolina had a run heavy game plan and if anything had less passes against the elite corners of Denver. He will have a field day against softer defenses. In 2014, as a rookie Benjamin averaged 10 fantasy points per game in standard (not PPR) scoring.

Here are my main event drafts now that I am all done. Went with 3 different strategies.

Draft 1: (pre-Thursday games)

QB- Stafford, Ryan

RB- Bell, Ingram, Hill, Deangelo Williams, Morris, Howard

WR- Green, Floyd, Shepard, Wheaton, Fuller, Patton, Pryor

TE- Fleener, Ebron, Green

Draft 2:

QB- Taylor, Tannehill

RB- Murray, Mathews, Ware, Tevin Coleman, Powell, Chris Thompson, DJ Foster

WR- Green, Hilton, Benjamin, Shepard, Wheaton, Funchess

TE- Fleener, Ebron, ASJ

Draft 3:

QB- Cousins, Fitzpatrick

RB- Charles, Bernard, Ware, Crowell, DJ Foster, Ervin

WR- Julio Jones, Marshall, Marvin Jones, Tavon Austin, Will Fuller, Hogan, LaFell

TE- Reed, Julius Thomas, Ebron

Left K/D off since those aren't that relevant in evaluation.

Good luck everyone!

So now that the drafts are all over, what are everyone's thoughts on their teams?

Who do you think is the best sleeper in the draft and who is most overpriced?

My pick for largest sleeper is Eric Ebron. He is going in the 10th round of drafts and is fully recovered from his injuries. He had at least 5 catches in 10 games last year including each of the last four and a lot of targets are up for grabs with Calvin Johnson gone from the team. Nice grab with the 1.5 PPR rule.

My biggest bust  would be Devante parker-- I like Stills better and wouldn't be shocked if Carroo moves ahead of Parker by the end of the year.

Pretty happy overall with my teams. First time I employed the early dual-TE strategy.  Although never considered Gronk once in the 1st.   Went that route for the majority of my teams, guess it's basically a modified zero -RB approach.  Probably a boom or bust strategy but i don't mind that in this kind of format.  

Heavily invested in:  Reed/Henry/J Gordon/Jennings/Cousins.  Especially Reed and Henry.   

Unfortunately Devante Parker as well.   Agree with you rookie, he's probably a bust but I'm hoping he's at least an option in 2nd half of season.  I'll sign for 5 plus games out of him which is pretty sad actually.  

Sleeper that wasn't much of a sleeper towards the end, Jameis Winston. Only have 1 share but I think he can be a monster this season.  Oh and his champ rd schedule: vs NO, @ DAL, @ NO.  There is going to be a lot of top teams end of the year with Winston as their QB.

GL again to all.  

Well here is my 2nd Main Event Team, just finished drafting..

Cam, Osweiler

Miller, Bell, Gordon, Dixon, Kelley, DJ Foster

Tate, Moncrief, Hogan, T. Smith, Funchess, Eli Rodgers, D. Adams

Eifert, Bennett, Cook

Gano, Seattle

Went against the WR grain..  Will be interesting to see how it works out.. Need to survive 3 weeks and then the team starts to look really good..

Pretty happy overall with my teams. First time I employed the early dual-TE strategy.  Although never considered Gronk once in the 1st.   Went that route for the majority of my teams, guess it's basically a modified zero -RB approach.  Probably a boom or bust strategy but i don't mind that in this kind of format.  

Heavily invested in:  Reed/Henry/J Gordon/Jennings/Cousins.  Especially Reed and Henry.   

Unfortunately Devante Parker as well.   Agree with you rookie, he's probably a bust but I'm hoping he's at least an option in 2nd half of season.  I'll sign for 5 plus games out of him which is pretty sad actually.  

Sleeper that wasn't much of a sleeper towards the end, Jameis Winston. Only have 1 share but I think he can be a monster this season.  Oh and his champ rd schedule: vs NO, @ DAL, @ NO.  There is going to be a lot of top teams end of the year with Winston as their QB.

GL again to all.  
Good Luck this year to you...  Everyone else too, hope everyone enjoys tomorrow..  I'm sure we will all be writing on Monday WTF was I thinking by not drafting that guy???

GL again to all.  
I like the 2 TE strategy-- may have to do it more next year although you really have to hit on it. In a couple leagues I was in people went 3 TE from the get go with Gronk/Reed/Kelce although I don't think I have the guts to try that strategy.

That playoff schedule is incredible for Winston.

Helped close out the FFPC drafting season last night with the final Main Event draft online.  Had the 4 slot and I went a completely different direction than I normally go.  With the Gronk hammy, I knew the top 3 receivers weren't going to fall, so I made up my mind to take David Johnson at the 4 pick.  Imagine my surprise when Gronk was sitting there for me to take at the 2.09, well, I had to do it.  If its just a one week annoyance for Gronk (in a game I wasn't excited about him anyway), then I think I should be looking pretty ok at the top.  Hope some of the depth picks work out for me, or it will be a long year at receiver.

Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton

David Johnson, Devonta Freeman, Giovani Bernard, Kenneth Dixon, Robert Kelley,

Larry Fitzgerald, Doug Baldwin, Vincent Jackson, Kevin White, Richard Matthews,  Terrelle Pryor, Qinton Patton, Chris Conley

Gronkowski, Julius Thomas, Cameron Brate

Hauschka

Cincinnati

I know its not the FBG, but same format so wouldn't mind hearing some thoughts.  The later in the season to draft, the harder it gets.  Very rarely does value fall IMO.

Helped close out the FFPC drafting season last night with the final Main Event draft online.  Had the 4 slot and I went a completely different direction than I normally go.  With the Gronk hammy, I knew the top 3 receivers weren't going to fall, so I made up my mind to take David Johnson at the 4 pick.  Imagine my surprise when Gronk was sitting there for me to take at the 2.09, well, I had to do it.  If its just a one week annoyance for Gronk (in a game I wasn't excited about him anyway), then I think I should be looking pretty ok at the top.  Hope some of the depth picks work out for me, or it will be a long year at receiver.

Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton

David Johnson, Devonta Freeman, Giovani Bernard, Kenneth Dixon, Robert Kelley,

Larry Fitzgerald, Doug Baldwin, Vincent Jackson, Kevin White, Richard Matthews,  Terrelle Pryor, Qinton Patton, Chris Conley

Gronkowski, Julius Thomas, Cameron Brate

Hauschka

Cincinnati

I know its not the FBG, but same format so wouldn't mind hearing some thoughts.  The later in the season to draft, the harder it gets.  Very rarely does value fall IMO.
to be honest don't like it too much, you'l be ok at qb. At rb after da johnson you are pretty weak IMO although I'm admittedly a bit of a Freeman hater. Your Wr's are amongst the worst I've seen, Fitz and Baldwin may be ok. You look solid at TE obviously but using picks on Gronk and JT cost you at wr. Some may like your rbs but I wouldn't be comfy putting Freeman or Gio in my lineup since you just don't they will get enough work. 

Aunt Jemima said:
to be honest don't like it too much, you'l be ok at qb. At rb after da johnson you are pretty weak IMO although I'm admittedly a bit of a Freeman hater. Your Wr's are amongst the worst I've seen, Fitz and Baldwin may be ok. You look solid at TE obviously but using picks on Gronk and JT cost you at wr. Some may like your rbs but I wouldn't be comfy putting Freeman or Gio in my lineup since you just don't they will get enough work. 
I don't disagree with a lot of what you said, and it just worked out the Fitz and Baldwin were ok in week 1.  The RBs did not deliver at all, though Gio was in a tough matchup.  Freeman definitely has me worried.  Wishing I had gone with McCoy there instead, but hindsight and all.

In this format, every week I hope to score over 150... thats 1650 in the regular season which would have put me in the playoffs in all five of my leagues last year, and the 1 or 2 seed in 4 of 5.  I scored 152 this week, and I am done.  It just so happens that I was against someone who scored 172.  So, an 0-1 start isn't ideal, but not the end of the world.

Of course, without Gronk, I had put in Jackson, who stunk it up, and adding in a bad day for Gio and Freeman, I am pretty happy with the results.  Obviously, I don't expect that kind of production from my WRs every week, so I might be looking to add something at some point, but I think the core talent is definitely there.  

I appreciate your honest feedback.  I hope you are wrong about Freeman, but I fear you might be right.  Good luck to you!

The finale. From the 12 hole 

QB: Bortles (10), Winston (15)

RB: Bell (1), CJA (3), Jennings (7), Deangelo (8), Booker (12), Kelly (18)

WR: Gordon (4), Floyd (5), Parker (6), T Smith (9), Matthews (11), Perriman (14), Rogers (16)

TE: Reed (2), Tye (13), Cameron (17)

K: Hauschka (20)

Def: NYJ (19)

Yes I took Gordon at 4.1.  F it.  Get me to 2-2!
Gordon at 4.1.... ouch

Looks like another top 50 team for me from the 8 spot...

QB: Stafford, Carr, Tyrod Taylor

RB: Rawls, Foster, D Henry, Crowell, Dion Lewis, Keith Marshall

WR: Hopkins, Nelson, Cooper, Benjamin, Periman, Devante Adams

TE: Julius Thomas, Eifert, Jimmy Graham

K: Hausch Money

D: Seahawks D

Now seriously bros... U can hate on me but this team is legit
Gordon there is almost as bad as this collection of rbs......almost.  

Haha no.  You're quick to point out others downfalls but never your own.  Seems like Rawls/Foster and Henry have given similar production.  Only difference is Gordon has been drunk this whole time.  

Haha no.  You're quick to point out others downfalls but never your own.  Seems like Rawls/Foster and Henry have given similar production.  Only difference is Gordon has been drunk this whole time.  
Can't predict injury, can predict stoned. But in all seriousness... that teams RBs are it's weak spot. Crowell has actually been good for me my first 3 weeks and I'm starting Dwayne "swaggy" Washington this week with crow. WRs,QBs, and TEs have had enough scoring to make up for the RBs.

Good Luck this year

GL again to all.  
to you...  Everyone else too, hope everyone enjoys tomorrow..  I'm sure we will all be writing on Monday WTF was I thinking by not drafting that guy???
Well its been pretty quite in here..  Most of you're heavily invested guys didn't pan out..  How is the season looking now that we are over half way through the regular season??

How is everyone else doing??

Doing ok.  Was able to scoop up some quality waiver guys.  (Pryor, Tyrell, Meredith, Coates).  Have Coleman in a few spots as well.  Fleener also.  1/2 my teams are in it, 1/2 aren't.  Here's my best chance of the bunch, 5-1 and solid Pts..

QB: Carr, Bortles

RB: Bell, McCoy, Coleman, Hill, Deandre Wash, Henry

WR: ARob, Baldwin, Pryor, Hogan, Aiken, Boldin, Sharpe

TE: Rudolph, Barnidge, Witten

K: Viniteri

DST: PHI

Had Decker here as well.  

Having the #1 pick was a huge advantage. Having #12, not so much. 
I want to reiterate how much of a disadvantage it was having #12 this year. After week 6, none of the top 30 teams on the leaderboard had pick 11 or 12. I didn't check past that point, but I imagine it goes much, much further down the list. I know it's a long season. But we are at the halfway point before the playoffs and it was clearly a huge advantage having a higher pick in this format, as it usually is most years. 

I'm guessing a ton of those top 30 have Shady McCoy also.  He was going beginning to mid rd 3 everywhere.  Even late 3rd in some drafts.  Then factor in WR's end of rd 2, top 3 have been very good also.  (Hilton, Evans, Cooks etc)

Basically if you hit on just your top 3 picks  with the amt of busts/injuries weve seen, you're probably ahead of 90% of the tournament.  

TwinTurbo said:
I want to reiterate how much of a disadvantage it was having #12 this year. After week 6, none of the top 30 teams on the leaderboard had pick 11 or 12. I didn't check past that point, but I imagine it goes much, much further down the list. I know it's a long season. But we are at the halfway point before the playoffs and it was clearly a huge advantage having a higher pick in this format, as it usually is most years. 
I don't agree with this.  Some of my best teams moving forward have been drafted from the backend....  I don't really care where I sit after week 6, talk to me after week one of the playoffs and it might be all backend teams towards the top...

I'm guessing a ton of those top 30 have Shady McCoy also.  He was going beginning to mid rd 3 everywhere.  Even late 3rd in some drafts.  Then factor in WR's end of rd 2, top 3 have been very good also.  (Hilton, Evans, Cooks etc)

Basically if you hit on just your top 3 picks  with the amt of busts/injuries weve seen, you're probably ahead of 90% of the tournament.  
Yes and that was all pretty clear even before the season started. Not necessarily that McCoy would be doing so well, but that any mock draft from 1.1 was going to yield a much stronger first 4 rounds than drafting from 1.12. Mainly because there was so much value dropping to the 2/3 turn and almost nothing at the 3/4 turn. 

You simply couldn't start with David Johnson, A.Brown, Julio, OBJ, Elliot, or even AJ Green at 1.12. Then you got left with not much again at the 3/4 turn. It was challenging to draft from that spot this year. 

I don't agree with this.  Some of my best teams moving forward have been drafted from the backend....  I don't really care where I sit after week 6, talk to me after week one of the playoffs and it might be all backend teams towards the top...
True it may all even out by week 13. But as it stands now, having a backend pick probably put you at a 5-10 pt disadvantage per week even if you drafted like a champion. Just curious, are any of your #11 or #12 pick teams leading in points or within 50 points of the leader in your league?  

Users who are viewing this thread