What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Snap Count Thread (1 Viewer)

Thanks again...i always learn something from this thread!

Picked up Edwards in my 16 team dynasty where we start 3 DL and I only had Dunlap, Vernon, Bullard and Malik Jackson. 

Literally nothing on the WW

BigSteelThrill said:
In regards to Baltimore; rookie OLB Matt Judon needs to be considered by any big play league teams. Especially long term.

Suggs and Dumervil may be limited for much of the remaining season and careers.  Judon had 20 sacks his final college season (Grand Valley) and is the heir apparent to pass rushing for the Ravens. He had a sack in each of his first 3 preseason games. And this game he had 2 sacks while playing only 46% of the snaps. He played 48% the week before and managed 1+3 tackles. ZSmith and McLellan are listed above him at OLB, but that should be only temporary.
Any talk/chance of him getting moved to DE? he is available is a few of my leagues but they are tackle heavy not BP. Could always use good DE.

Great work --- again. So thanks --- again! 

Is Simon playing ILB with any of that 89% or is he strictly OLB? He's officially listed as "Jack" which . . . honestly means nothing to me. lol... I'm curious if he has future value (Cushing is crazy expensive over the next few years of his contract) or if he is actually the "try-hard special teamer" as described by rotoworld.

Interesting note on IND running 2 TE sets. Is that something they run regularly and what impact should we expect on Sorenson's snaps this week? Will he be out there for nickel LB sub-package vs. 2 TE sets? Doesn't seem likely and could make Sorenson fools gold this week. Also, please let us know if you get him in your waivers so we know if he should be dropped once he gets the curse. :D
Well, it's weird,  I always thought that the Texans ran a pretty true 3-4.  Everyone is a hybrid at this point, but with Mercilus and Clowney as your OLB, that's a 3-4 defense.  

So, I always thought of Simon as an ILB, competing with Cush for snaps.  Now, Cush is healthy, and all of them played a lot.  Weird.

It's possible they used McKinney as a pass rusher, which he definitely does.  

But the Broncos ran the ball a ton, didn't play 3-wides a lot, and the Texans ran a lot of base.  Probably just an outlier.  it looks like there 

I am cooling on Sorenson a bit, as it looks like the Chiefs do have other LBs to play there, Ramik and even Sam Barrington.  Neither is an all-start, but I don't think this is a Deone at LB in AZ situation.  

BigSteelThrill said:
In regards to Baltimore; rookie OLB Matt Judon needs to be considered by any big play league teams. Especially long term.

Suggs and Dumervil may be limited for much of the remaining season and careers.  Judon had 20 sacks his final college season (Grand Valley) and is the heir apparent to pass rushing for the Ravens. He had a sack in each of his first 3 preseason games. And this game he had 2 sacks while playing only 46% of the snaps. He played 48% the week before and managed 1+3 tackles. ZSmith and McLellan are listed above him at OLB, but that should be only temporary.
I think they have a lot of bodies there.  Z'Darius Smith, and Correa as well are both that type of player, no?  

Well, it's weird,  I always thought that the Texans ran a pretty true 3-4.  Everyone is a hybrid at this point, but with Mercilus and Clowney as your OLB, that's a 3-4 defense.  

So, I always thought of Simon as an ILB, competing with Cush for snaps.  Now, Cush is healthy, and all of them played a lot.  Weird.

It's possible they used McKinney as a pass rusher, which he definitely does.  

But the Broncos ran the ball a ton, didn't play 3-wides a lot, and the Texans ran a lot of base.  Probably just an outlier.  it looks like there 

I am cooling on Sorenson a bit, as it looks like the Chiefs do have other LBs to play there, Ramik and even Sam Barrington.  Neither is an all-start, but I don't think this is a Deone at LB in AZ situation.  

i thought that Clowney was back to playing DE after a couple of games at OLB? something to that effect at least. i had Clowney earlier in the season but finally gave up. 

Regarding Sorensen, i think he's going to outsnap - if not outplay - Wilson and/or Barrington. Wilson was surpassed by March, which seemed to coincide with his release, and Barrington just a depth signing. He's package specific but, given how they use Berry, I can see him on the field a lot.

I think they have a lot of bodies there.  Z'Darius Smith, and Correa as well are both that type of player, no?  
Not of Judons level, in my estimation. He continually gets to the QB. And yes they have old options (Suggs, McLellan, Doom) and lesser pass rushers in Smith and Correa. This a slow play that needs time to fully bloom.

And to JoeSteeler I dont see DE classification landing on him.

What the hell, Jatavius Brown? I thought you were gonna have 8 tackles every game.  So sad.  Like finding out there's no Santa.  (Still had 100%.  

His father died shortly before the game and only the head coach knew. I think he roars back..what heart didn't want anyone else to worry about it. 

Not of Judons level, in my estimation. He continually gets to the QB. And yes they have old options (Suggs, McLellan, Doom) and lesser pass rushers in Smith and Correa. This a slow play that needs time to fully bloom.

And to JoeSteeler I dont see DE classification landing on him.

He's been a big disappointment. I expected him to be a lot better given the hype from players and beat writers. Oh well.

What the hell, Jatavius Brown? I thought you were gonna have 8 tackles every game.  So sad.  Like finding out there's no Santa.  (Still had 100%.  

His father died shortly before the game and only the head coach knew. I think he roars back..what heart didn't want anyone else to worry about it. 
Geez, make me feel bad, why don't you?

He's been a big disappointment. I expected him to be a lot better given the hype from players and beat writers. Oh well.
At college Zadarius kind of capped out at 6 sacks a season.

And with his draft measurable he was shorter, slower, weaker and less agile then Judon.  Judon's measurable and production were damn fine, it was his GrandValley competition that was in question. But now at the pro-level he just keep getting to the QB. Thats 5 sacks in 12 games were he has never played more then about 50% of the snaps -- at pro level competition.

In the NE/Pitts game I noticed Eric Rowe CB NEP played 100% of the snaps and had a solid day. This guy was a former 2nd rounder for Philly, just a few years ago I think. Anyone know if this will continue? BB is so hard to read from week to week sometimes. 

Umm, Nathan Stupar played 100%.  He also led the team with 8 combined tackles.  Need to check on him, maybe make a move.  Any Saints LB getting 100% is a thing. 
The Saints have been really bad updating any information this year.

We never seem to know until after-the-fact. Anybody have any input?  James Laurinaitis looked mighty slow out there -- which carries over from the Rams.

BigSteelThrill said:
The Saints have been really bad updating any information this year.

We never seem to know until after-the-fact. Anybody have any input?  James Laurinaitis looked mighty slow out there -- which carries over from the Rams.
Plus the Ellerbe situation looms as well.  Nobody knows when he will return and what role he will play. Any Saints linebacker getting the majority of snaps should be gold, but it changes every week.  I am checking the nola.com reports daily for info but nothing is solid.

massraider said:

DEN/HOU

Brandley Roby played 56%, and the Broncos smoked Houston.  Guess the Texans didn't get the memo on keeping the DEN D in base defense.  

Broncos LBs, this is weird:  Marshall 70%, Davis 64%.  What's going on here?  Will investigate.  
Marshall pulled up lame with a hammie so that may be why his snap percentage dipped some.  Something to watch for this week if he is one of your regular starters.

Marshall pulled up lame with a hammie so that may be why his snap percentage dipped some.  Something to watch for this week if he is one of your regular starters.

With Marshall's numbers it's gotten to the point where he's unstartable even when healthy. What in the Seven Hells happened with him?

With Marshall's numbers it's gotten to the point where he's unstartable even when healthy. What in the Seven Hells happened with him?
I don't know.  I expected a high floor year out of him with 6 solos and double digit combined tackles each week but he has really disappointed.  He is a guy that seems to have his floor and ceiling at the same point.  5 games so far with between 4-6 solos and no big plays at all.  Very disappointing.

Well, fwiw just took the plunge and picked up Stupar over De'Vondre Campbell. 

Went with what has worked for me in the past and chose the natural football player over the natural athlete. Love Campbell's athleticism but hate his lack of instincts and football IQ. Stupar is almost a polar opposite - mediocre athlete but great instincts and football IQ. Plus he has a solid pedigree and is a leader. Maybe he can hold the MLB with Lauranitis playing poorly. 

Went with what has worked for me in the past and chose the natural football player over the natural athlete. Love Campbell's athleticism but hate his lack of instincts and football IQ. Stupar is almost a polar opposite - mediocre athlete but great instincts and football IQ. Plus he has a solid pedigree and is a leader. Maybe he can hold the MLB with Lauranitis playing poorly. 
I would barely agree with this move only in a re-draft.  I still might go Campbell but understand the thought process to go Stupar.  I am just not sure how long Stupar stays in that spot.

No way I take Stupar over Campbell in a keeper/dynasty format. 

I would barely agree with this move only in a re-draft.  I still might go Campbell but understand the thought process to go Stupar.  I am just not sure how long Stupar stays in that spot.

I understand the love for Campbell's athleticism, but I see a guy out there a lot closer to Dontarrious Thomas than Lawrence Timmons.  His being out of position, overrunning plays, and failing to attack plays downhill may get old fast. 

The more I read up on Stupar, the more I like him in that spot for NO for not just now but also in the future. I've sure been wrong before, but the risk is minimal and I love the upside even if it looks like a long shot. 

So - my only exposure to IDP is in a 1-player league, which is frankly stupid.  We should either wade in or nix the single position.

That said - tackles rule the day.  Jatavius Brown is definitely an interesting guy I need to look more closely at.  Thanks to the thread for bringing him to my attention...

Agree...To me Campbell> Stuper in redraft and >>>>>>>>>>>> in dynasty

With Ellerbe coming back, I dunno if Stupar is a lock for snaps beyond this week.

Campbell is a ''lock'' (hate that word) for 3 down work the rest of the year, they have NO other LBs.  Just a thought.

Week to week I would utilize Stupar over Campbell if I know they are both starting. 

But the Saints are playing 3-card-monty with their line-up.

Week to week I would utilize Stupar over Campbell if I know they are both starting. 

But the Saints are playing 3-card-monty with their line-up.
Close...

• Stupar --------5t 0a 1int
  • DeVondre ----4t 1a
Ellerbe is back and playing however. With Robertson getting the most tackles of the lot and Laurinaitis firmly on the bench.

Looking at the game book tells a wild story. Robertson started at SAM. Ellerbe at WILL. Vonn Bell started at MLB. Stupar didn't start and I'm not sure where they plugged him in, but still not a bad showing for him especially given the lopsided time of possession in the Saints favor. It'll be interesting to see the snap counts but this has the makings of a yet another headache of a linebacking corps in NO. 

I got a chance to see the game. Ellerbe was regularly getting put on skates by O linemen. It was almost comical. Stupar always seemed to be in the right position and sticking to his assignments. He finds the ball and attacks from good angles and gets off blocks well. 

This guy looks legit. Not a superstar, but certainly competent starting material at MLB.  At a minimum I think this guy is worth a hold in dynasty leagues. ROS?. I'll be watching with great interest. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched it too.  I wasn't as impressed with Stupar as you, BB, but you are correct that Ellerbe was getting taken out of a lot of plays. 

Wait Von Bell starts at Mike?  Two guys watched this game, how did this play out?  Did he get significant snaps there?  The box score doesn't impress at all at 3/0, did someone else handle the spot?

Hankmoody said:
Wait Von Bell starts at Mike?  Two guys watched this game, how did this play out?  Did he get significant snaps there?  The box score doesn't impress at all at 3/0, did someone else handle the spot?
That's just what the game book on NFL.com reads. He may have only been there for one snap before Stupar came in for all I know. It's curious though that Byrd had his most productive day in a while, so I'm not sure what they were doing with Bell. Sounds like a couple of guys actually saw the game. I did not and didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up about Bell. Looking forward to Massraider's insight (or Bronco Billy or worrierking...).

None of the stats from games are up yet anywhere, which is annoying.  Was hoping to jump on this now.  

It's Halloween tonight, I live in NYC, and am single, so..........maybe tomorrow??

Hankmoody said:

Von Bell is listed as a S. Bell didn't do much on the field. seemed like he was always standing around looking at the pile but never in the middle of it.  Robertson is the MLB in base Ds  

Ellerbe rotated with Stupar at Will. Seemed like Stupar was playing more in the second half than he was in the first half. 

Massraider. It's Halloween, I live in Chicago and I'm married. I thought I could get things rolling for you and save you a little work. For the record, I'm in deep IDP dynasty leagues so bear that in mind.

Pats/Bills

The big news here is obviously Jamie Collins headed to Cleveland. His snaps were down this week, 2 solos and 1 assist. Hightower (57) had the most snaps of all the LBs, 4/2. Elandon Roberts had 28 snaps and Shea McClellin had 20. Freeny's on IR and Mingo had 9 snaps. Hopefully you've already picked up Roberts. Van Noy may start getting snaps going forward as well.

On the D-line, Trey Flowers got his normal 20 or so snaps. Getting used has an interior rusher on pass downs, Flowers put together 4 solos, 2 assists and 2 sacks. If he's available in your dynasty league, he's probably worth a pickup. Sheard (57) and Long (54) are both free agents at the end of the year. Sheard's snaps picked back up after a down week, 2nd to only Ninkovich (62). Sheard's reduced production this year continued though as he only had 2 solos.

CB remains something to watch. Eric Rowe started for Logan Ryan for the 2nd straight week. Ryan (51) ended up with more snaps though after Rowe (47) was benched for Justin Coleman (33). Ryan and Malcolm Butler (70) are both free agents at the end of the year. Looks like Belicheck has already started planning for life without Ryan. Not sure if Ryan is worth holding onto in dynasty knowing he's probably going to start wherever he ends up, or if you should try and trade him now on his name and production. If anyone knows the answer, I know someone who would be very interested.

Duron Harmon (29) had been picking up more snaps lately, but fell off this week. There wasn't production when his snaps were up. Chung (70) and McCourty (70) are the only safeties worth owning.

Owning Zach Brown has been very enjoyable this year. 64 snaps to Preston's 69. 7/4 and 1 sack vs 7/1 and 1 sack for the Bills' Browns. Next year will be very interesting with Zach Brown, Preston Brown and Reggie Ragland. Zach is a free agent but has played so well to deserve an extension. Lorenzo Alexander says he'll be back next week, only 1 solo before injuring his hamstring.

Marcel Dareus got his first snaps of the year, 42, 2nd to only Kyle Williams 53. Dareus made an impression with 4 solos and a sack.

With Aaron Williams potentially retiring due to another neck injury, the former Viking, Robert Blanton played 68 out of 69 snaps. Blanton led the team with 8 solos and 3 assists.

Pats allowed 5 sacks which seems to be a fluke as they had only allowed 12 sacks in the previous 7 games.

KC/IND

Derrick Johnson led the team with 8/2 in all 66 snaps. 2nd on the list was Daniel Sorensen. Sorensen still only got 47 of 66 snaps, but he keeps producing, 7 solos. Bye weeks have strongly suggested I start Sorensen next week against Jacksonville. Ramik Wilson started again at ILB. He only got 18/66 snaps vs 28/74 in week 7. Wilson simply isn't getting enough snaps to make a difference. He still played 18 more snaps than Barrington and Sio Moore combined.

Dee Ford had a pretty good game, 3.5 sacks, but against Indy, I could get 3.5 sacks. Ford (62) led the OLBs in snaps. Hali (44) may lose the most snaps once Justin Houston comes back.

KC's 2nd game without Allen Bailey saw Chris Jones turn 28 snaps into 1 sack.

Indy is taking volunteers to play ILB next to D'qwell Jackson (67). This week, Edwin Jackson, not the former MLB pitcher, got the start. Jackson, who was nicknamed Pound Cake during his stint in AZ last year, is an UDFA 2nd year player. He ended the game with 4 solos and a sack. McNary and Morrison totaled 11 snaps splitting with Jackson. Pound Cake might be worth a speculative add in deep leagues if you have space on your bench.

Clayton Geathers (74) is playing every snap for Indy. Mike Adams (65) and TJ Green (31) are covering the rest of the Safety snaps and are combining to match Geathers' production.

DET/HOU

Ezekiel Ansah (48), Kerry Hyder (46) and Devin Taylor (45) are all getting equal snaps. Hyder was the only one to do much against Houston's decent O-Line, 2 solos, 2 assists. Armonty Bryant, who was cut by the Browns earlier this year, played 27 snaps and got a sack.

Without Van Noy, Whitehead (67) played all the snaps, followed by Josh Bynes (43) and Antwione Williams (17). Bynes had 3 solos. Williams had 3 solos and an assist.

Miles Killebrew is still getting around 10 snaps a game at SS. With his 9 snaps this week, he got 3 solos and an assist. That's pretty good. Keep an eye out if his snap rate goes up next week or preemptively pick him up now just in case. He'll spend most of his time in the box. Tavon Wilson got 49 snaps to Rafael Bush's 38 next to Glover Quin (67). Wilson led the team with 6 solos and 3 assists while Bush only contributed 2/1.

McKinney still played the most snaps, 55, compared to Simon (42) and Cushing (40). But McKinney had a down day 2/2 in comparison, Cushing 7 solos, Simon 6/2.

Clowney had 2 solos, 1 assist and 1 sack. For any dynasty owners out there, Clowney has been playing DE this year although he's still a LB on MFL. Assuming he gets reclassified to DE next year, he would be very useful starting across from a hopefully revitalized Watt.

AJ Bouye came back down to earth a little with only 5 solos this week. He played the most snaps, 60, of the CBs and has been getting good grades. He's worth a pickup if he's still on your waiver wire.

Hope this was a help to take a couple games off your plate.

Jets aficionados:  Anything to see with Stanford?  Saw the snap count spiked.

Jets aficionados:  Anything to see with Stanford?  Saw the snap count spiked.
The snap count spiked due to all the injuries to the LB corps.  Lee should be out another week or two so he should still get the snaps.  I didn't see the game to see if he passed the eye test.

JAX/TEN

Jack and Fowler only played 33% or so, which is an uptick for Jack.  We might see the count increase as the Jags figure why not?  Fowler injured?  

Yannick Ngouke saw 66%, time to check his availabilty.  

Jags have a whole lot of nice names playing some crap football.

The Titans S rotation was lessened by 1, as Rashad Johnson was out.  Mularkey says he's back next week, so while my eyes widened when I saw Byard 89%, tap the brakes.  Still, he seems like a nice dynasty stash.  For this season, I don't think Stafford and Searcy going anywhere.  This is actually when it's time to check Over the Cap:

Rashad signed a 1 year deal.  30 years old, coin flip if he returns next year.  He's the deep guy, at any rate.

Stafford is in last year of his rookie deal.  UFA after this year.

Searcy signed a big deal with TEN, I didn't realize his cap numbers were so high.  2.5 mill in ead money if they cut him next year, but 4.5 mill in savings.

Byard is the youngest, a rookie 3rd rounder.  Do with all this info what you will.  

GB/ATL

Of the two GB corners that took over after Shields/Randall went down (Goodson/Gunter), Goodson had the better game.  This has a lot to do with the Pack doubling Julio all game, leaving Goodson on Sanu.  Moving forward, these are both worth a look in CB leagues (you ain't playing CB league?  Amateur).  

Blake Martinez was at 65%, and had 5 tackles.  Ryan actually outsnapped him, but ATL plays more base defense than most teams, so there's your answer.  Still like Martinez moving forward.  

Play DBs vs. GB.  Period.  ATL's top 3 tacklers were DBs, but GB had 4 tacklers with more than any ATL player.  

Keanu Neal is on none of my teams, dang it.  

Campbell was 63%, and Jones 90%.  Campbell get banged up?  I dunno, but his grades have been good this year.  Got beat by Tyrell Williams ona pass, but who the heck had him covering him??

NE/BUF

No snap counts on this game yet, WTF?

But the big deal is Collins trade.  Sure, bump Hightower and Elandon Roberts.  I don't know anything about Roberts, if he ran in my house and punched me I wouldn't recognize him, but he is the guy that is poised to take over.  

If Roberts is good enough to keep the job, I would not be surprised if he outscores Hightower.  However, my first thought is that this is more about dealing Collins rather than BB dying to get Roberts on the field.  

This is a bump for Collins, too, if you ask me. 

Also a bump for Patrick Chung, because there is a LB not as good as Collins in front of him.  Any of you that might be harboring the idea that I know what I am doing, because of this thread:  Chung was a FA all year long in a dynasty league that I do, while I was jacking off with CLE safeties.  Picked up by someone before this week.  Check his availability!

Lorenzo Alexander was injured, I don't know how bad, I'm not going to do all your work for you, dammit.  

But Shaq Lawson appeared, and had a sack.  Nice!  This to me, is Shaq's value:  Hold in dynasty, hoping for the designation change to DE in 2017.

Robert Blanton has two straight games of production, and Aaron Williams is on IR.  Seems as nice a waiver wire pick up as any other (deep leagues).  

AZ/CAR

Big news:  Honey Badger injured, and looks like long term.  Now, this is a big deal, because AZ now slides a CB they don't love to slot, and a safety needs to play deep, killing his value?  Tony Jefferson and DJ Swearinger have both played close to LOS, so owners need to be prepared for one of these guys to move.  Or maybe the Cards have another S on the roster?  If you are counting on either S, maybe bench them for a week if you can, and see how it shakes out.  

Kevin Minter has some quiet, steady production.  I haven't really talked about him, because he's a JAG, but not a bad end of bench guy.  Just a random thought.  

Shaq Thompson got his knee banged up in the 2nd quarter.  he was making a mess of the Cards before he left, too.  Check his status.  

Thomas Davis-100%, 3 solo, 3 assist, fumble recover, 1 TD.  I'm gonna miss this guy when he's gone.  Maybe he can squeeze one more year out.  

Star Lotulelei went bonkers.  Is this Star turning into Suh or Donald, or isn this the continued implosion of the Cards offense?  I think the latter, and Veldheer just went on IR (steroids-related injury I think :bitterRaiderfan:).  With a banged up offensive line, I am looking to start pass rushers vs. this team.  

CIN/WAS

Very little from CIN of interest.  From the back 7 of this defense, you really only are comfortable starting Shawn Williams and Burfict.  

Donte Whitner came in from the cold, and has been racking up tackles from day 1.  Start him.  Pick him up in shallow leagues.  

Mason Foster down to 65%.  Not sure why, maybe because Su'a Cravens was healthy, and at 34%?  We really need an injury to Foster to get Cravens on the field.  Not rooting for an injury of course (maybe a teensy weensy pulled hammy.........)

Duke Ihenacho and Will Blackmon each had around 50%, I am guessing Blackmon was hurt, but neither should be rostered, so I don't really care.  

CLE/NYJ

I would be completely shocked if Christian Kirksey loses his job to Jamie Collins.  He's been 100% all year, and it always felt like Demario Davis was losing snaps to this guy or that guy.  Davis has been a guy living off some pre-draft sleeper chatter his entire career.  

The real question to me:  does Collins negatively impact Kirksey's numbers?  

Marcus Gilchrist had a big game, but looks like an outlier to me.  

Only three players had more than 3 tackles in this game: Kirksey, Gilchrist, and Elvis Patterson, I mean, Darrelle Revis. 

3 CLE CBs got a lot of run, and Tramon and Jamar both out tackled Haden.  Haden has been banged up, if he misses any time, it might be bad news for my man Jamar, as there will be two CBs to attack, rather than just him.  

IND/KC

Edwin Jackson was picked up in one or two leagues of mine, news broke late that he was getting the start.  Played 62%, had 4 tackles and a sack.   Heck, why not pick him up, if you have space?  However, Clayton Geathers was subbed in for him on nickel snaps, I doubt that changes, so 70% seems like his immediate ceiling.  

Ha!  Check this out:  Colts work out LB Irving, Lansanah  Don't go ordering that Edwin Jackson jersey just yet fellas!

Colts have two S that have been performing all year long in Adams and Geathers.  Why, you ask?  Well because Irving Moore McNary Morrison Jackson, that's why.  

Dee Ford with 3.5 sacks.  Lordy.  

Daniel Sorenson!!!   :headbang:   Sorenson only played 71%, but when he's out there, he's right in the middle of the muck.  

Why doesn't Steven Nelson have good tackle numbers every week?  He plays across from the best cover guy in the league, IMHO.  

PHI/DAL

Waiver wire alert!  Barry Church injured, out for a month at least, and JJ Wilcox is the replacement.  Cowboys only have one LB worth a darn, and Wilcox slides into a choice spot, where Church racked up tackles.  

I didn't realize Demarcus Lawrence was back from suspension.  With 1 tackle and 1 assist in 3 games back, neither has Demarcus, apparently.  53% for him.  I guess he has had back and shoulder injuries he has been fighting through, according to the Google.  

Eagles defense is pretty set.  Hicks and Bradham are 3 down backers, Brandon Graham plays 80%+, Barwin and Curry rotate, and McLeod is the S to own.  This defense is legit.

SD/DEN

OK, we need to do some digging on this SD defense, because there is a lot of moving parts.  Brown and Perryman both left with injuries last week.  Jatavius out a ''week or two'' with knee injury.  Perryman had a hammy.  Now, the crap part here is that Perryman might be ready to go next week, and aggravate the hammy on the first series.  

So, let's assume one or both are out.  Korey Toomer?  Joshua Perry?  Perry outsnapped Toomer last week, 35-32.  Might not be a clear 3 down guy.  Toomer did have some flash plays vs. DEN.  

Considering where the ILB situation is right now, I think about the SS in SD.  I have watched a fair amount of SD this year, and Dwight Lowery and Adrian Phillips are......average at best.  So, that makes me think.......whatever happened to that SS I liked before the season?  

Can you stash Jahleel Addae?  I might be a week early on this one, but he needs to be rostered.  I had to look him up:  Broken collarbone, has not played in over a month.  Has also suited up in back to back practices.  Did you know that?  I didn't.  So, whuile everyone grabs Toomer or Perry, I am going to make sure I have the SS in place.  I play in some deep leagues, and he wasn't rostered, so check him out.  

HOU/DET

Brian Cushing had nice numbers, but only played 66%.  I beleive they keep him on a snap count if they can, because of his injury history.  

I am super happy to see Jadeveon Clowney emerge, only because he received such a ridiculous amount of hate before he had done a thing.  Good for him.  

Benardrick McKinney was 9th on the team in tackles this week.  Played 90%.  One week outlier?  Let's hope. 

Tavon Wilson is a decent desperation starter, gets in the stat book every week, and plays 75% all the time.  Not flashy, but dependable.  

If you are looking for a 2nd 3 down LB in DET, stop wasting your time.  DET playing 3 safety looks regularly.  

NO/SEA

New Orleans is playing a ton of 3 safety looks, it's the base defense pretty much.  Byrd plays deep, and has been useless ever since he got paid by the Saints inept front office.  Kenny Vaccaro has been disappointing to me, I start him in one league without thinking about it, and I am still waiting for numbers.  

Is it my imagination, or do the Saints S take turns getting all the tackles?  Can't trust any of them, week in and week out.

Daniel Ellerbe was back, and eased back in with 33%.  Nathan Stupar was at 67%, so, if you wondering who loses cvalue with Ellerbe's return, wonder no longer.  Craig Robertson appears safe, and I will continue blindly starting him every week.

Kelcie McCray continues to start for Kam Chancellor, and I guess I should have addressed this before, but honestly, I wasn't interested in a S that plays with Earl Thomas, Bobby Wagner, KJ Wright, and the rest.  McCray had 6 tackles and 4 assists, so clearly I am a genius.  

If you own Frank Clark, continue to start as long as Bennett is out with injury, and pray for an infection or something.  

OAK/TB

This ####### game.  Jesus.  Raiders gave the Bucs more in penalty yardage, than the Bucs had in offense.   :sadbanana:

My observations from watching these two teams closely this week:

Kwon Alexander is the LB to own for fantasy, but he is not a good LB.  Lavonte Davis is a much better player.  

Malcolm Smith is the Raider LB to own, IMO.  Riley may have some games here and there, but Smith is faster and more active.  Cory James is a dynasty stash.  

Karl Joseph looks like Bob Sanders.  

Brent Grimes  is just bad enough to get picked on, but good enough to not lose his job.

Vernon Hargreaves is going to get a pick-6 this year  It's coming!

If Sean Smith is out this week, DJ Hayden is a sneaky pick up in CB leagues.  

Chris Conte is bad at playing football.

MIN/CHI

Ha, Vikings.  Norv Turner has just resigned as I type this.  Sam Bradford is truly the angel of death.  

I feel the same way about the Bears S position as the Browns:  There should be value, but there is not.  

Bears pass rush looks amazballs!!  Meh.  

Danny Trevathan continues to disappoint in the stat column.  

Players I am looking hard at this week on the waiver wire:

JJ Wilcox, Jahleel Addae, Korey Toomer, Yannick Ngakoue, Kevin Byard, Elandon Roberts, Robert Blanton

Massraider. It's Halloween, I live in Chicago and I'm married. I thought I could get things rolling for you and save you a little work. For the record, I'm in deep IDP dynasty leagues so bear that in mind.

Hope this was a help to take a couple games off your plate.
You need to post more.    

Hey Massraider, as a lurker I appreciate this post a lot, and I especially appreciate you posting about corners. Seems to be the one position I just cannot get right. Anyways I, like you, have Vaccaro and I've been noticing the same thing. Seems like one week it's Bell having a good game, one week it's Byrd, and I'm wondering if Craig Robertson being productive is also cutting into things. At this point I'm thinking about dropping Vaccaro. 2 names on waivers that I'm eyeing are Bradley McDougald and Blanton from Buffalo. What do you think about that possible move? My other 2 safeties are Tony Jefferson and Karl Joseph.

Just my random thoughts/contributions:

ARI Jefferson was already playing deep a lot, last 3 weeks or so.

BUF plays a twin towers scheme at S (which has crushed Corey Graham's value) that Norton predicted in preseason (so he claims in EOTG week 3, I cannot find it).  Whether he did or not, it's come to fruition.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=16guru_Wk3

In my preseason article I talked about how the Bills used a mix of Ryan's 3-4 and Jim Schwartz 4-3 last year, but would be strictly running the Ryan 3-4 this year. It is this change that I believe has ruined Corey Graham for us. After blowing up for 95 solo tackles a year ago he is on pace for 48 through two games. Graham has different responsibilities in this scheme and is playing off the line much more than last year. The time has come to cut our losses and move on.

I like Dexter McCoil as a SS stash in San Diego.  Big boy, young guy, he might grow into that spot.

My observations from watching these two teams closely this week:

Kwon Alexander is the LB to own for fantasy, but he is not a good LB.  Lavonte Davis is a much better player. 
Bombshell alert.  Is Kwon a replacement candidate in your mind?  Does this fit my Miles Burris rule?  Might they draft someone to challenge him?  I'm negotiating a big deal to acquire him and this could be a major misstep.

Two other CBs of note last week, Leonard Johnson in CAR and Kendall Fuller in WAS.

Johnson is a slot corner coming back from an injury. 2nd among CAR CBs in snaps, 65 out of 71. Five solos, 3 assists and 1 sack. He had another sack taken away by penalty. He mentioned they've been using him to blitz a ton in practice. Unfortunately, now it's on tape for opposing teams to see... Obviously, against AZ, you need to run at least 3 CBs all the time. Against STL next week, not so much. They've got the Saints in Week 11, Chargers, Redskins and Falcons in the fantasy playoffs. Might be a sneaky pickup in CB leagues.

Fuller played more snaps than Breeland, 73/85 to 53/85. 7 solos primarily due to the 5 quarters of play. I'm just curious why he outsnapped Breeland. Anyone know? Otherwise, Packers Week 11, Cardinals Week 13.

Like you Massraider, I'm a genius too  :no: , so take this with a grain of salt. I would jump on Blanton if you have the chance. While he plays behind the tackle-vacuuming Brown brothers, he has moved into the SS spot where he put up great numbers in MIN in 2014. Oh, and he has three home games during the FF playoffs where tackle stats are aplenty. He may not put up 2015 Corey Graham numbers, but anything remotely close to that would be a godsend.

Like you Massraider, I'm a genius too  :no: , so take this with a grain of salt. I would jump on Blanton if you have the chance. While he plays behind the tackle-vacuuming Brown brothers, he has moved into the SS spot where he put up great numbers in MIN in 2014. Oh, and he has three home games during the FF playoffs where tackle stats are aplenty. He may not put up 2015 Corey Graham numbers, but anything remotely close to that would be a godsend.
:headbang:

Hey Massraider, as a lurker I appreciate this post a lot, and I especially appreciate you posting about corners. Seems to be the one position I just cannot get right. Anyways I, like you, have Vaccaro and I've been noticing the same thing. Seems like one week it's Bell having a good game, one week it's Byrd, and I'm wondering if Craig Robertson being productive is also cutting into things. At this point I'm thinking about dropping Vaccaro. 2 names on waivers that I'm eyeing are Bradley McDougald and Blanton from Buffalo. What do you think about that possible move? My other 2 safeties are Tony Jefferson and Karl Joseph.
Blanton seems like a good call if you wanna cut bait on Vaccaro, as well as Wilcox in DAL.  

Bombshell alert.  Is Kwon a replacement candidate in your mind?  Does this fit my Miles Burris rule?  Might they draft someone to challenge him?  I'm negotiating a big deal to acquire him and this could be a major misstep.
Not that  bad, but I would put him in Kirk Morrison range, maybe a bit better (to use Raiders language you will speak fluently).  

But:  This is not a stud LB from an NFL perspective, so I would trade him for a real stud, Wagner/Kuechly.  David is still clearly better.  I just think he's ina better position to make tackles in their defense.  

Hey, I also don't pretend that I see a lot of him, so maybe he had a bad game.  

One thing about what I focus on in this thread, is the leagues I play (deep rosters, 40+ rosters,starting 4 LB, thin waiver wire).  If you play in a shallow IDP league, and are deciding between starting Thomas Davis and Brandon Marshall, I'm not much help, I don't focus on that really.  I don't want people grabbing Keenan Robinson if there are better options out there.  

Users who are viewing this thread